From Arjun

Arjun's P.O.V

I wasn't shocked, surprised or shattered when I found out that Meeta had eloped with someone else. But I was certainly shocked when I had to marry Diya, surprised when I found out that she agreed to it and shattered when I could feel her get suffocated under her breath. 

Meeta and I never actually had a chemistry, it was like we were getting married because her family wanted us to. She was pretty and we did form a connect but something about the relationship didn't feel quite right, maybe it was the part where we needed to get married instead of wanting to! 

Diya as I had seen her was witty, carefree and courageous. She was shy and didn't mix with people that often but she would say what she had in her mind without giving a damn about what others would think. Meeta would tell me about how she was strong, self-made and independent! Meeta always hoped for Diya to find a suitable partner, I wonder what she has to say now.

I knew Diya in school but we seldom spoke. When we met for Meeta's alliance, she interrogated me for 2 hours to check whether I was a suitable or not. She asked me the weirdest, awkwardest questions without any hesitance and even when we were engaged, she clearly stated that she disliked me for no one would ever be as good for her cousin, she did mention that I was a nice person. She was a perplexing person. 

She was never the one to dress herself, while Meeta would take hours to dress up. Meeta had an attractive smile but Diya had a childish smile in her. She was childish in many ways, during all the times we met before with Meeta, I saw her behave in the most childish way but then she always had a gleaming maturity in her eyes.

One has to be strong to face the society after an unplanned pregnancy without a wedding that ended in a tragedy. I didn't know about it, until Meeta told me about it. And after that setting up your own company without anyone's help is just commendable. A company that sells everything related to fashion and in great demand, setting up such a company and managing it was a tiring task! 

Diya indulged in smoking and drinking, quite often, I think it gave her solace, Meeta never did, even though I did (still do) occasionally!

I don't know why I'm comparing the two of them, maybe I'm trying to figure out a way to understand Diya!

On the wedding day, Diya was actually looking quite pretty even though the smile that she put up was quite fake! Her dusky complexion, a rather flat stomach and broad hips did look beautiful, but I never saw her that way, I probably never will. After the wedding, while we were in the car I could see her fists clench and feel her crying from the inside as well. I don't know whether it was courage for her to get into this matrimony, cowardliness, not to run away or just sheer dumbness.

I somehow felt sorry for her but a part of me wanted to be unwelcoming as well to someone who just entered my life without my consent. Even though I knew it wasn't her fault, I wanted to fight with her which is why I behaved that way and said what I said but I think it was the exhaustion that just ensured that I put an end to it there itself, or maybe it was some thing to do with her headstrong nature. Somewhere down there I knew there was a magma of feelings building in her and either it would explode to cause devastation or just ooze out slowly and prevent any harm.