Meeta's back

Diya peeked outta the window of a room that she grew up in and yet the room felt alien to her today. She saw Meeta with a newly formed baby bump getting out of the taxi with the help of man. Meeta smiled and said something to the man who laughed at it. Vedant, that was the name of this man. 

She wanted to go and Hug meeta tightly, and then spend the night gossiping but she also didn't want to have anything to do with her. Meeta had put Diya in a difficult position atleast she could've told Diya about her plan to run away. 

Diya sighed, she looked at her phone. There wasn't a call or message from Arjun. Why do I care, he has aanchal to worry about, she told herself. 

She heard the door bell ring and then she heard some voices breaking the utter silence, she could hear some weeping.With great reluctance she brought herself down. The servants were coming in with two suitcases. She awkwardly stood there, she felt out of place in her own family, she made eye contact with meeta. Meeta who was delighted to see her, walked to hug her but Diya turned away and instead took the servants to keep the suitcases in the guest room. Specially readied for Meeta and Vedant. 

Everyone soon sat for lunch, Diya too was summoned, Diya who's head was like an artist palette could barely process anything. She quickly screamed that she wasn't hungry, picked up her car keys and slipped outside the house.

She drove aimlessly, just going around the same roads, again and again. She couldn't figure out anything, she was hurt but she didn't want to be. She kept telling herself that Arjun was never hers, if only the  heart would listen. 

Meanwhile Arjun lied to his parents that he and Diya would be at Rajghera for Diwali due to some emergency work. He sat there in his room that seemed emptier than usual, the other side of the bed was very properly mad. He heard some flutter and looked up to  spot a lizard. He went back to the day Diya and him were trying to shoo the lizard and laughed. He went outside the balcony, held the railing and hung his head low, as the october clouds began to pitter patter, his reminisced about all of his moments with Meeta.

-

Diwali slipped by quickly, with Meeta and Vedant trying to make amends and fit into the family, while Diya preferred to stay alone even though everyone was happy in the house, finally. The elation of becoming a grandparent had finally come to Bade papa who was showing tiny bits of acceptance. Meanwhile Arjun slogged in Rajghera, not because he had to but because he wanted to, it was the only way of not thinking of Diya. To the dismay of the employees there, the office was open even during the diwali season.

"Sir, actually the projections were drawn by Diya ma'am so we don't know"

"Sir can you ask Diya madam she knew about this"

"sir is Diya madam not coming back?"

He was tired of the sudden work log that fell on his shoulders with Diya gone. How much work did the woman take care of! Sometimes he'd also accidentally tell the peon to take the file to Diya or give the work t Diya or ask Diya to inspect stuff. It was driving him crazy, her absence, it was killing him, he had his answers but it killed him that she didn't ask him any. It killed him that he let go of her. That maybe he should've done his research better. How could Mehul not assess the entire financial transaction. Suddenly it was making sense to him, Mehul was the one who asked him to go to the hotel the other day, he had been pestering him to get rid of him. Had he done all this on purpose? He decided he couldn't stay in Rajghera for another minute. 

So he drove to Delhi, his eyes on the road and his mind still thinking of Diya. Just Diya. 

-

*Knock knock*