partition

Arjun began getting more and more hostile, he began screaming for little things and would have raging fights with Diya but Diya became calmer, she began to turn more ignorant because she knew that she'll be gone in a week, as soon as he presents her with the papers. She hadn't told him that she was ready to sign the papers mostly because she didn't want him to make her feel defeated. Diya knew that she would miss this family, be it Sumitra and manish or dev and Shreya, She was really going to miss them. And Arjun? Would she miss him? yeah maybe the fun banter with him or playing board games with him in the night and sometimes just having some one to sleep next to, it was quite an underestimated thing in her way of living.

-

"and you know Verma was so shocked, he said "you are the CEO's father in law?" because Arjun said clearly, that no decision will be taken without consulting my father in law, you should've seen their faces!" laughed Chandraprakash. Diya had decided to make an impromptu visit to her parents house for breakfast. She had never seen her father more happier. Suddenly he got up to make an important call.

"You guys seem really happy ma" Diya said

"Ive never been happier than this in this relationship Diya, since the time Arjun had made him a director on the board, he's finally got shares on his name and decisions to take which arent dominated by your bade papa. He is finally so happy that it has improved our relationship so much! And Arjun, he gives him so much importance and respect, plus you look so happy with Arjun! Everything is finally going very well, we just hope that Bhai sahab gets the Partition done smoothly now!"

"partition?"

"yeah division of all the assets, familial, your father finally doesn't need to adhere to your uncles decisions, he now holds a very important position, just that now your uncle needs to name all the family assets equally"

"I'm really happy for you guys tho Maa" Diya said as she smiled.

As she went down the lift, she thought about how happy everyone was and how smooth things were beginning to seem like only because she was married to Arjun. He had given her father an important post and maybe her parents the happiness that they had been deprived off for years now. He had given her father confidence and courage to separate from his brother. Maybe she could simply ask Arjun to sign a clause with the annulment that ensured that her father was given the same respect and importance.

Office became tough, she had continuous meetings from unsatisfied investors who weren't ready to fund their new product lines and expansion models. She needed more funds, the work load had increased, their only solution was selling her equity or being acquired.

She didn't want to sell her equity, she had read case studies of various entrepreneurs where selling off there equity went awry.

-

"Thanks a lot" Diya said as she sat on the bed completing  a few files on her laptop

"For what?" Arjun asked bluntly as he removed his socks

"For, giving dad the position"

"I did it for the company, not for you"

"I know you didn't do it for me, but mom and dad are exceptionally happy, Like I could do whatever it takes to see them this happy"

"Then sign the annulment papers"

"okay"

"what!?" Arjun was stunned, did she just say okay to sign the annulment papers.

"Did you hear what I said" Arjun asked in disbelief

"Didn't you hear what I said" Diya smiled casually