Kuch toh log kahenge

Diya entered her room and took a look at the wall clock, it was almost 6.15 AM, they had whiled away a lot of time at the bar! She knew she was stinking and went to the bathroom to quickly take a bath and brush away the smell of alcohol in her breath. She came out of the bathroom in a kurta and tracks still wiping her hair with a towel. The sun would be out in a few minutes, the sky had turned its color like someone had switched on a tube light. She saw Arjun on the bed, he turned his head towards her, his eyes open. 

"You're back" He whispered tiresomely 

"Yeah I am, I am sorry did I wake you up?" Diya said gently, she wanted to stop being bothered by the light altercation they had last evening. They've had worse altercations! 

"No you didn't, I couldn't sleep" Arjun said lethargically turning his body under the blanket and moving away from the edge of the bed making place for Diya to come and sit. Diya slowly went and sat there. It was killing her that she hadn't enjoyed the bar or the drinks or the dancing today, that she wanted to come back and sleep in Arjun's arms. She knew that she was in trouble. Meanwhile Arjun couldn't sleep either, thinking about what he wanted with Diya, he wanted to stay beside her, with her, all the time. It didn't bother him but it just made him think too much, so much that he just couldn't sleep after that. 

The birds had begun to chirp and the clear blue sky was turning a little orange.

"Why, were you missing not being woken up for site inspection?" Diya asked with a light smile. Arjun smiled back with a light snigger. His hand slowly slid into Diya's, He wanted to tell her that he couldn't sleep with her because he was bothered about being mad at her, unnecessarily!

"I am sorry, I over reacted" Arjun looked apologetically at Diya

"I am sorry too, it was a stupid prank" Diya said squeezing his hand. Arjun got up and put his hand around her neck, turning her face towards him and placing his lips on to her. It was a soft gentle kiss, like the first time they had kissed. Diya suddenly realized that she enjoyed it too much, that she had already fallen in a pit of feelings, she was overwhelmed, extremely bothered, then she remembered what Manno had told her, stop thinking. So she did that, she stopped thinking, shut all her reflexes and thinking glands, so much that she didn't even kiss back. She only let Arjun kiss her and let him engulf her lips. Arjun continued kissing her slowly and gently until she pulled back, She looked at the watch, it was 6.45, she ran picked up her dupatta and freed herself from Arjun's grip

"Wait, where are you going?" Arjun asked her

"it's ashtami today, there's a puja, ma asked me to be there by 6.30 and it's 6.45!" Diya said impatiently as Arjun held on to her wrist

"Diya, come on please, it's been two days since I've slept properly with you, lets take a quickn nap na please, I'll explain to ma"

"Tsk Arjun no na, leave my hand, let me go, I'm getting late" She said pulling her hand from his grip as she ran outside the room, he could hear her footsteps as she quickly ran down the stairs. 

Arjun sighed and rested his head on the bed, he knew that there was no way he could sleep now, DIya sure knew how to tease him, he wore his shoes and decided to go for a jog.

-

Arjun came back from a jog and took a quick bath, while Diya decided to help her Sumitra for breakfast. Sumitra had asked Diya to change into a Saree for the pooja which Diya dutifully did. Perks of living in a village, you know how to tie a saree quick and efficiently.

Arjun walked down the stairs and went to the dining table, he spotted Diya in the kitchen cutting vegetables. He was still mad at her for ruining a beautiful moment today morning.