it's fine

Diya, Dev and sumitra walked briskly after the doctors who took Manish on a stretcher. 

"Dev, wait with mom here, I've unlocked the phone, try calling Arjun, I'm with papa, don't worry" Diya knew that Dev was too young and not mature enough to handle this stuff. He was an emotional mess right now, after all it was his father! Sumitra too was a wreck right now, tears wouldn't stop trickling down her eyes. She walked in with the doctor and spoke to him about all the formalities and form filling that were supposed to be done. 

Dev tried calling Arjun again and again. Arjun who was driving suddenly saw Diya's name on the caller ID. He quickly picked it up, "Hello, diya, I have been waiting f-"

"Bhaiya......bhaiya" Dev interjected with panic

"Dev?" Arjun said as he checked the phone to recheck the caller id and on confirming that it was Diya, "Why do you have Diya's phone! did she come home? What's the matter? is she okay?"

"Bhaiya...papa..stroke...citihospital...come..fast"

Arjun put the phone down, cursed himself and sped away to the hospital.

Meanwhile DIya's phone got hanged for a moment, dev began clicking on it to make it work, suddenly somehow he ended up opening a video in her gallery, He saw the same video footage that Diya had seen a few days ago. Arjun, aanchal and the red negligee. Dev gasped. He put his hand on his mouth! His brother had cheated on Diya, that's why they were getting a divorce. 

He felt hurt, Diya was like an older sister to them, their bond had grown so much in the past few months, and he had seen Diya and Arjun look at each other. It hurt him that his brother was giving up on such a beautiful life because of one stupid mistake.

He saw Diya come out with the doctor, her hair was tied in a bun and she was just as frantic as all of them. 

"Diya, we need to run a few more tests and keep him under observation to confirm anything at the moment, I'm going to try my level best and you know it" The doctor said holding Diya's shoulder. Diya put both her palms on her mouth and sighed, "Thanks Shashaank just let me know anything first okay? Maa is already very worried and Dev is young right now, just let me know anything first okay?"

"Yeah don't worry" Dr. shashaank gave her a repressed smile. 

"Thanks shashaank" She said as they quickly embraced.

Diya slowly walked towards Dev . But in that moment something broke in Dev, here was a woman who his brother had cheated upon and yet she was standing there with them. And his father? His father just had a stroke! He may or may not be able to see his father again. Diya stroked Dev's shoulder and she suddenly saw Dev curling himself onto her. He put his head on Diya's shoulder and sobbed, "Bhabhi, papa!"

"Shh Dev" Diya said almost choking, she was just as frantic. "Shh, listen to me, nothing is going to happen to papa, okay" She stroked his hair like he was a child

"Listen to me baba, what will papa say when he comes out? tum toh papa ke brave bacche ho na? Look at me, if you cry like this then who will console maa?" She said as she controlled her tears and tried to assure Dev as she wiped his tears.

"Shh, nothing will happen to papa, you know Shashaank is one of the most accomplished Doctors of the city, he wont let anything happen to papa" She tried lying, after all papa's condition wasn't in Shashaank's hands. They'd run tests and then figure out anything at all.

She took him by the shoulder and made him sit next to Sumitra. It was almost 1. She went to the canteen and got them two coffees and some biscuits. With great difficulty she convinced them to have it.