wedding

Diya woke up, with her head throbbing. "Diya! God you are crazy, who told you to go bar hopping with your friends! Its your haldi today, now get up quick!" Meeta said to Diya throwing her the pair of clothes that she was supposed to wear. It then struck Diya what really happened the last night. She put her hands on eyes and sighed, Arjun and shr were definitely going to to fight. she checked her phone, there was a message from Arjun dating back to 2.45 AM, 'did you reach home?'
'Yes' she typed and replied
'I would be worried if you reached just now' a reply came instantly
'No i am sure i was home by then, just wasnt in the right frame if mind to text'
'You mean you were too drunk?' Came his reply again
'Maybe'
'By the way, while you were drunk you promised to come have a make out session today'
'What! I am sure i did no such thing'
'Well you did a lotta other things'
'Yeah about that, im sorry¿'
'Well dev is pretty mad at you, his friends have been uninvited because of you'
'What why!?'
'Well apparently there was some cute friend of his, remember?'
'Oh shit, i kinda remember last ngijt now'
'Good'
'Wdym'
'Getting late for haldi need to go'
'I love you'
'Cant believe the first time you actually said the three words it was on text'
'Well, youre supposed to say it back'
'Not so soon missy'
'Arjun! Fine don't expect me to say it again'
'Oh trust me I have my ways to make you'
'No I am mad at you, bye'
Diya said and threw the phone on the bed. He had just rejected her 'I love you' it took a lot for her to Express and here he didnt even respond back. She'd see about this later. She got ready and went down for Haldi
Adorned with flower jewellery, her family and friends began putting on her haldi and mehendi, while the women and girls began dancing on various songs.
A joyous Diya, danced too that day, unconcerned about the masses because there were barely any.
Finally the time arrived for her to dress up as a bride, this time everything was her choice, actually hers and Arjuns, the bridal lehenha, jewellery everything. She stood before the mirror back to where it all started. This time she was happy. One of her cousins entered the room and screeched, "they're here!"
She slowly got up, this time there were no tears in anyone's eye, just pure happiness.
-
Diya slowly came down the stairs, a long piece of cloth held over her head by her cousins, she saw Arjun sitting there before the holy fire, wearing a kurta and a turban on his head. He was stunned to see Diya, he just couldn't take his eyes off her. He was in awe. Diya grinned to him, she was really shy and self conscious in such a heavy attire. Meeta tapped Diya indicating to her to keep her levels of happiness a little low and behave like a demure bride. But if it matters she just couldn't decrease her level of dopamine, she was just so happy. And today she wasnt scared to Express this happiness.
She slowly went and sat next to Arjun in the manda with the held of Arjun. Arjun kept looking at the fire but slowly slipped his hands into Diyas, hoping it was unnoticeable to everyone else. The prieztz soon began chanting the mantras, shreya was invited for the gath bandhan and Diya's parents followed for the kanyadaan.
The priest then handed Arjun a box for sindoor, Arjun took a pinch of it in his hand, and looked at Diya, he twitched his eyebrow to ask for her approval. Diya smiled to him, Arjun took this as a yes and filled her parting with vermillion. Something about this moment hit the both of them and the both of them began giggling. It was hard for them to believe that they would actually enjoy a moment like this!
"Do you love me?" Diya asked him with a wide grin on her face
"Enough to keep you away from every lizard ever" arjun said cheekily
"Do you love me?" Arjun asked her
"Enough to keep you away from all the cats in the world" Diya said as a reply to what he had just said. They soon were asked to get up to take the seven rounds around the fire and they did, holding their hands together.
They were soon seated in a car adorned with flowers. Diya got In, followed by Arjun, shreya and Dev sat in the front seat.
Arjun looked at Diya, this time Diya smiled coyly, as he took her hand into hers tightly
"You didnt reply to my message" Arjun said
"That's coz you didnt reply to my message" diya said referring to the time she had said 'I love you to him'
"Shreya and Dev, keep your eyes darted to the road" Arjun ordered them and then placed his lips onto hers. "Is this enough a reply?"he asked
Diya giggled, "dont make this your reply to everything please!"
They soon reached home, Diya stepped out of the the car with the help of Arjun and stood in front of the door. Sumitra did her aarti and Diya pushed the pot of rice and then stepped in the plate of vermillion, her footsteps marking their presence. This time it was a grand welcome, there was no shadow of a run away bride, Diya herself had no qualms, she adored everyone in the family. Sumitra, and shreya went to hug her as soon as she entered the house. Followed by Dev and manish. She was soon taken to her room, it was beautifully decorated, more then the last time, more effort came from that fact that all of them loved Diya with their hearts too. She sat on the bed this time shreya, divya and shikha teased her, "listen Shreya, dont concede okay? Make your position known" divya advised her, shreya and shikha meanwhile only resorted to teasing, they couldn't let anyone think they knew anything about sex, after all they were also indian goddesses!
As soon as Arjun arrived at the door of his bedroom, they stopped him, "bhaiya iske aage no entry"
"Haan haan where are our gifts?"
"Arrey, your gifts will be given to you only if you let me go in" Arjun reasoned
" and how is that?"shreya asked
"Arrey duffer, that's how we'll get our nieces and nephews na" dev said cracking up as everyone else burst out laughing. Oh no Arjun thought to himself, these people will probably scare Diya off. "Eyy dev shut up! Shreya shikha, you will get the gift of your brothers happily married life and such a nice bhabhi,isnt that enough a gift!?" Arjun exclaimed
"Accha accha okay fine" they said and gave him access to the room.