Feeling of Glory -Sword and S...

By ZelTheWeavile

"When the time of the Darkest Day has come, Two Trainers will arrive and take the throne. One of great stren... More

Chapter 1- New Beginnings
Chapter 2- Unforseen Danger
Chapter 3- New Partner
Chapter 4- Endorsement . . . ?
Chapter 5- Wild Area
Chapter 6- New Faces
Chapter 7- Gym Leaders
Chapter 8- Worst Enemies
Chapter 9- Fourth-Time Impressions
Chapter 10- Rolling Sheep
Chapter 11- Grass Battle
Chapter 12- Training
Chapter 14- Egg
Chapter 15- Penny
Chapter 16- Fire Battle
Chapter 17- Visions
Chapter 18- Sand
Chapter 19- Winning Failures
Christmas Special- 2019
Special Chapter 1- Rose Magnolia
Special Chapter 2- Kabu

Chapter 13- Water Battle

634 36 145
By ZelTheWeavile

Three days later, Gloria stepped outside of the Pokémon Center, a determined expression on her face. Today was her battle with Nessa, and she was determined to win; she had trained with Hop and Marnie almost nonstop, and now she was sure that she was more prepared for this battle than she was with Milo's.

Bede had watched several of her training battles with her two friends, not once stepping in or speaking. He still had yet to tell any of them how to pronounce his name, and still referred to Gloria as "you", whereas he would call Hop and Marnie by their real names when he spoke to them (which wasn't very often, but still). He really hates me, doesn't he? Gloria could help thinking.

Hop and Marnie had already completed their Gym Battle, but they had both agreed to stay in Hulbury and watch over her Egg until Gloria's battle was over and she had won her Water Badge.

"Good luck!" they had told her before she left for the battle. "You'll do great!"

Gloria sighed, glancing down at one of her Poké Balls. She had completely become used to the sea smell, and it didn't even bother her at all anymore. We can do this. Tuff, Val, Penny. . . I'm counting on all of you.

Her walk was stopped short as she bumped into somebody from behind. "Oh, sorry!" She looked up, noticing that a crowd of people were blocking her path. What's all of this for. . ?

She tried to navigate through the crowd, a bit curious what this was all about, but was just so small that everyone pushed her around like she was nothing more than an old Mimikyu. She stumbled and almost fell when she felt a hand catch her, saving her from her fall. She blinked, her light brown eyes meeting Victor's dark ones. They looked at each other for a few seconds before he let go of her, letting her stand on her own.

"Everyone, please! Calm down and go back home!" The crowded parted as a man made his way over to Gloria and Victor. He looked oddly familiar, but he had on a baseball cap, sunglasses, a white hoodie and blue Alolan-pattern shorts. "You two aren't hurt, are you?"

Victor shook his head. "We're both fine, Mr. Rose. Right, Glo?" Wait, so that's Chairman— Victor grinned at Gloria, and her head blanked. She swore she could feel her cheeks begin to burn.

"Y-yes, I'm fine." What's going on? Why do I—?

The Chairman nodded and pulled Victor aside, the two speaking quietly to one another. Suddenly a woman walked towards them, her long, caramel hair flowing in neat waves behind her.

"Chairman, it's time we must go." Her voice sounded monotone and a bit unsettling. Chairman Rose didn't seem to hear her, so she tried again. "Chairman, we must leave or we'll be late." He still didn't acknowledge her, causing her to scowl more than she already was (how was that even possible?). "Elijah."

That one word caused the man to swivel around quickly. His eyes met the blonde's, and an embarrassed smile made its way onto his face. "Apologies, Oleana. What was that?"

"It's time for your reservation at the restaurant." Oleana seemed to calm down, only a little bit, but not even a hint of a smile appeared on her face.

"Right. Thanks." Chairman Rose sighed and whispered something else to Victor before leaving, Oleana and the crowd right behind him.

"What was that all about?" Gloria questioned her friend, tilting her head to the side.

"Don't worry about it," Victor replied calmly, a gentle smile appearing on his face. He glanced at the Water Gym, then back at Gloria. "I'm guessing today's your Gym Battle?"

"How'd you know. . ?"

"Lucky guess." He winked at her and took her right hand into his, glancing down at it for a second. "You should probably get going there then, right? You wouldn't want to be late to her Gym."

"Y-yeah!" She turned her head, heat rising to her cheeks again. Only, as she looked away, she noticed a pink-coated teen watching them both with wide violet eyes. As soon as he saw Gloria watching him, he quickly hid behind the collar of his coat and began quickly walking away.

"Wait!" Gloria called after Bede, starting to chase after him, only to be stopped by Victor as he grabbed her hand.

"Don't worry about him. He's nothing." His dark eyes hardened for a split second before relaxing. "You should go over to the Gym. I'll talk to him for you, okay?"

Gloria breathed a sigh of relief. "Alright. Thank you, Victor." She took a step back, smiled, and made her way over to Nessa's Gym.

"Good luck!" Victor called to her as she walked away. He waited until she left before opening a Poké Ball, a cerulean amphibious-like creature appearing from it. It had two transparent scales, one purple and the other navy, covering the right half of its face. Its hands were light green, as if it had mittens.

"Drizz?" The Pokémon asked, blinking up at his Trainer.

Victor glanced at him. "Come on, Brook. We should follow her and. . . support her." Without waiting for a reply, he began walking towards where Gloria had gone.

Brook hesitated, a frown on his face. "Zile."

Victor turned around, his eyes narrowing. "Brook, come on."

The Drizzile flinched, his pupils widening slightly. "Drizz. . ." He bowed his head and walked to Victor, following him to where Gloria had gone.

⚔️ 🛡

Gloria let out a sigh of relief as her opponent's Seismitoad fell to the ground. She smiled and returned her Pokémon, whispering a few words of praise.

"Well done!" Her opponent returned his large blue amphibian and walked to the Gym Challenger. "It's not everyday someone manages to best Seismitoad." He handed her a Potion. "Best of luck to you in your Gym Battle. Nessa's pretty tough but I'm sure you'll do fine."

"Thank you," Gloria replied. Nessa's Gym Mission was a lot harder than Milo's, consisting of a huge maze with towers of water. But she had managed to clear it, and defeat the Trainers with no problem at all. She was starting to have a bit more confidence in herself, and was beginning to think that maybe this battle wouldn't be so bad.

The man smiled. "Of course. Now go on and show Nessa what you can do."

Gloria thanked him again and made her way up the staircase, the doors opening up before her. The hallway leading out into the field was long, and Gloria took this moment to heal up Valiant while she waited for the announcer to introduce her name to the audience. She was still worried, but her training with her friends earlier had given her some confidence in herself and her Pokémon's abilities.

". . . And introducing our challenger, Gloria Shield from Postwick Town!"

Gloria took a breath and walked out onto the pitch, the crowd cheering and screaming as she did so. There was a few hundred more people than there were in Turffield's Stadium, but that may be partly because Turffield was considerably smaller than Hulbury.

"And now for our favorite water expert! Everyone, please give it up for Nessa Lomond, Hulbury's stunning Gym Leader!"

Across the field, a young woman walked out, her cerulean and black hair swishing gently side to side as she walked, like small waves. She had dark skin and a two-piece swimsuit/Leader uniform on. The top half had the water Gym logo on it, light blue in color. As she and Gloria met in the center, Gloria could see her bright blue eyes and apatite necklace, the same color as her irises.

"Ah, so you're the Trainer Milo warned me about, aren't you?" The Gym Leader asked, glancing over Gloria for a second.

Gloria blinked. "H-huh?" Milo had spoken about her? Why? How? When?

"Oh, I apologize for that. My name's Nessa, and I look forward to seeing what power you and your Team have right here and now." She ran a hand through her dark hair, her blue gaze shifting to the side for a second, thinking about something. "Well let's see if what Milo said was actually true. You ready to battle?"

"I am." Gloria nodded.

The two looked at each other one last time before turning and moving to their respective ends of the turf. They stopped and turned their microphones on, checking to see if they were working.

". . . Let the match, begin!"

The same electric and energetic music from Milo's Gym played throughout the stadium as Gloria threw out her first Poké Ball.

Penny emerged from the beam of light, taking a semi-fighting stance in front of her Trainer. She barked happily a few times, her bright pink tongue hanging out of her mouth. Her gaze traveled around the stadium for a moment before focusing on her opponent. She's definitely a lot more focused thanks to her training with Valiant, Gloria couldn't help but think.

At the opposite side of the field, a white and gold fish hovered a few inches from the ground, sporting a large tail fin and horn on its head.

"Goldeen, don't give them a chance to attack first; use Horn Attack!" Nessa commanded. Her Goldeen replied by forming a path of water in front of it as it charged straight towards Penny.

"Dodge it, Penny, and use Snarl!" Penny moved to the side at her Trainer's words, narrowly missing the Goldeen as it charged towards her. She readjusted her footing before opening her mouth and emitting a loud sound, a wave of dark energy escaping from her and hitting Goldeen. "Baby-Doll Eyes now, to make it weaker!"

As soon as Goldeen regained its focus, it looked up, only to be met with a striped puppy blinking at it sadly. Goldeen's gaze softened for a second before hardening again as Nessa shouted another command. It sent a current of water charging towards Penny, the latter unable to avoid it.

The torrent of water crashed into the Zigzagoon, waves crashing over her head as she struggled to regain air to breathe.

No! How is this allowed to happen?!

Penny's head finally broke through the surface, the Whirlpool still swirling around her. Gloria took this chance to tell Penny her next attack. "Pin Missile!"

Several projectiles appeared around Penny before she was dragged back under the water bubble of the Whirlpool attack.

"Avoid them!" Nessa told Goldeen, noticing the small, light green missiles charging straight towards her fish. Goldeen moved all around the field, the Pin Missiles continuing to follow it everywhere. Seeing that it was her only option, Nessa shouted, "Use Horn Attack again on the Zigzagoon!" Goldeen wasted no time in moving towards where Penny was trapped and charged straight into the current of water, the Pin Missile attack diving into it right after.

The water continued to swirl, impossible to make out what was happening because of all the movement. The entire stadium went silent as they waited to see just who would break the surface first.

Suddenly, the torrent slowed down and fell back onto the ground, Goldeen and Penny falling with it. And then, Penny shakily stood back onto her four paws, before shaking her long fur free of the water. She staggered a bit and glanced around, obviously a bit dazed and confused. But then her gaze fell on the Goldeen, fainted a few feet away. Penny's bright pink eyes grew to many times their normal size and she slowly turned her head towards her Trainer. Gloria let out a breath she didn't even know she was holding.

"Zig! Zig!" Penny cheered excitedly, too proud for having finally fainted a Pokémon. That cheering was cut short, though, as she stopped for a second, coughing up water from the Whirlpool attack. As Nessa returned Goldeen, Penny fell onto the ground, her legs giving out from underneath her.

Gloria smiled faintly at her childish excitement and brought out her Poké Ball to recall her. She brought out her second Pokémon. It's all on you, Val.

While the stadium music switched to a more estatic tune, Gloria threw her next Poké Ball, Valiant appearing before her. He squawked loudly and spread his mighty wings, having a completely different appearance than he had a few days ago.

His feathers were almost all completely navy blue, his yellow breast feathers gone. He stood taller, more proud with a long, sharp gray beak. Soft black feathers coated his neck and crowned his head, his ruby red eyes piercing into Nessa's Pokémon.

On her side of the field, a small fish waited a command, in the same water as the one created by Goldeen. It was a dark grayish-brown color, and shaped like a dart. It had a sharp and angular mouth, pale yellow in color. It had a dorsal fin and a small, brown tail.

"Bite!"

The Arrokuda shot through the air at that moment, latching sharp teeth onto Valiant's leg before he could have a chance to react. Beads of red dropped down his leg. Valiant let out a cry of pain and tried to shake off the fish, but it latched on, continuing to drain Valiant of energy and blood.

"Val, fly up and get it off of you!" Gloria shouted, beginning to panic at the sight of her avian's blood.

Valiant didn't hesitate as he clapped his large blue wings as hard as he could, and he was high up in the air within a few seconds. The Arrokuda only latched on tighter, the threat of falling making it dig its jaws deeper.

Act like you did back with the Skwovets. Gloria could sense her Pokémon's pain, and wanted nothing more than to help him get rid of it.

Valiant pressed his wings flush against his body, diving down towards the ground, just like he did in the past. This time, though, he swooped up at the last moment, kicking his leg forward and slamming the Arrokuda down into the ground.

"Get up!" Nessa called to her fish, not wanting to believe that it had been bested so quickly. But the Arrokuda remained motionless, and was announced fainted seconds later.

Val flew down in front of his Trainer, standing on one leg and keeping the other off the ground. It was still bleeding a little, and Gloria made a mental note to get him healed at the Pokémon Center after this fight.

"Corv!" He squawked, sharpening his talons against the ground in a Hone Claws move as he waited for Nessa's final Pokémon.

"Milo was right; you are tough," Nessa said as she pulled out a final Dive Ball. "But we won't let that stop us." The Dynamax Band around her wrist began to glow, and the Dive Ball in her hands began to grow in size, Dynamax energy entering it.

Then, with the enlarged Dive Ball in her arms, she held it close for a second before tossing it behind her into the air. The Ball opened, and a teal turtle appeared from it. As it grew to several times its size, Gloria could see more details of it, like how it had two yellow horns on its head and and yellow and brown spiked shell on its back.

"Drednaw!" The Dynamaxed Pokémon called out, before locking his gaze on Valiant.

The Corvisquire paused for a moment, his red irises widening ever so slightly at the oversized Pokémon. Then he turned back to Gloria and focused his gaze on her Dynamax Band. "Squire!" He chirped, pointing to it with his beak.

Memories of what happened with Tuff back in Milo's Gym entered Gloria's mind, as clear as if they had only happened yesterday.

Valiant's eyes narrowed, as if sending his Trainer's doubt, and turned back to Drednaw, flapping his wings to escape into the air. At Gloria's command of Pluck, he dove towards the Water- Rock- hybrid. Unable to dodge, Drednaw growled as Val's beak rammed into the soft skin of Drednaw's neck.

The earth shook as Drednaw stretched its neck out, aiming to clamp down on Valiant with large, sharp teeth.

"Drednaw!" Nessa yelled, hoping to gain its attention. "Max Geyser!"

Immediately, Drednaw formed a sphere of water in front of it, before firing it towards Valiant. The highly-pressurized water slammed into him from the air, sending him flying towards the stands.

A red barrier appeared and Val was knocked into that instead of the audience. Finally, after what seemed like years, the beam of water subsided, and Valiant fell towards the earth.

And then, just as it seemed that he was done for, he spread his wings and caught a small air current before hitting the ground. "Corv! Corvi!" He looked at Gloria, pointing at her Dynamax Band once more with his beak.

Tuff is in a major disadvantage in this Gym, so she can't fight. . . And Val is close to fainting. . . She gazed down at her Dynamax Band. Maybe. . . Maybe I do need to Dynamax him. We don't seem to be doing any damage otherwise, and it would at least give us a fighting chance. So she pulled out his Poké Ball and returned him.

"What's going on? Challenger Gloria has seemingly returned her Corvisquire. What will she do next?!"

She closed her eyes, focusing on bringing her energy down to her right wrist. She felt calmer, somehow, and could feel her body relaxing. The Dynamax Band on her arm warmed slightly, though it wasn't uncomfortable like it had been back in Turffield.

Gloria could feel herself relaxing even more as her energy was transferred from the Band to Valiant's Poké Ball, enlarging it in size.

"And it looks like she has decided to Dynamax her Corvisquire! How will this match end?"

You're the only hope we have to win. She took a breath and turned around, tossing the Poké Ball as hard as she could into the air, like she had seen Milo and Nessa do earlier.

The Ball opened, Valiant appearing from it, much bigger than he had been. The Dynamax Band was still comfortable against Gloria's wrist. So far, so good. . .

"Pluck!"

Valiant blinked at her for a second before flapping his wings and creating a huge gust of wind. Drednaw responded by firing its Max Geyser, the two attacks colliding in the air and spraying water all around in a shower of rain.

"Do it again!" Gloria shouted, not quite sure what that move was called.

Val fired another attack, and this time he managed to hit Drednaw before Nessa could give it a command. By now they were both around the same amount of health.

Gloria thought for a moment. "Can you still do Power Trip?"

Valiant nodded and created a column of dark energy around him.

"Use Max Darkness too!" Nessa said to Drednaw.

The two charged their attacks and sent them towards the other at the same time, encasing them both in darkness. No one could see what the outcome was.

When the shadows finally cleared away, two normally-sized Pokémon laid on the field, fainted. Valiant and Drednaw had both knocked each other out.

"And it looks like it's a tie? What will happen now?"

Gloria suddenly gasped, remembering Tuff. "Wait!" She pulled out her Starter's Ball and released her. "I still have one Pokémon left; it isn't a tie!"

Tuff blinked and glanced around slowly, her large eyes gazing at Valiant's fainted form. A frown formed on her face, and she glanced at Gloria.

The announcer thought for a moment. "Challenger Gloria Shield has one remaining Pokémon, while Nessa is out of usable Pokémon. Gloria is the winner!"

The audience erupted into cheers of congratulations as Gloria returned Val and walked to the center of the field to meet with Nessa. Tuff followed more slowly behind her.

Nessa smiled warmly at the teen, holding her hand out for a handshake. "That was an amazing battle we had here. Not very many can get past me like you did."

"Thank you," Gloria replied, returning her smile and handshake. "It was tough, but I'm glad I managed to win in the end."

Nessa nodded at her. "I was holding my breath some of those times during the battle; the moments with your Zigzagoon and my Arrokuda, as well as our Dynamaxed Pokémon. . . They had me really worried." She let out a small laugh. "Anyway, enough of my nonsensical talking— here's your Water Badge. You deserve it." She held out a small pin with a blue splash of water on the front of it, as well as her League Card.

"Thank you," Gloria said, taking both items. She put them into her pockets and looked back at Nessa. "Thank you again for the battle. I really enjoyed it."

"I'm glad you did."

And with that, they turned and exited the field. As soon as Gloria was away from the prying eyes of the audience, she leaned down to Tuff and grinned at her. "How're you feeling?"

"Scor?" Tuff tilted her head, then frowned as she realized that Gloria was talking about the fact that she didn't fight. "Bun," she muttered. She crossed her arms and looked away.

Gloria sighed. "I'm sorry you didn't get to fight today. It's just. . ." You weren't exactly that cooperative in our last Gym Battle. "Nessa's a Water Trainer, and with you being a Fire-Type. . ."

"Bunny." Tuff growled quietly, before sarcastically adding, "Scorbun, scor."

"Listen, I'm sorry, okay. I promise—" Gloria stooped as she noticed Victor walking towards her. "I'm sorry," she repeated. Then she brought out Tuff's Poké Ball.

Tuff could only see Victor for a second, and narrowed her eyes at the sight. Then she saw him no more as she was pulled into her Poké Ball.

"Victor!" Gloria greeted her friend, running up to him.

He smiled and high-fived her. "Awesome battle, Glo! I saw the whole thing!"

The girl froze for a second. "Y-you did?"

Victor nodded. "No need to be so nervous. I was on the edge of my seat in anticipation, because of how great it was."

"Thanks. . ."

Victor laughed and patted her back. They began walking out of the stadium together, him telling her that the Chairman wanted to talk to her over in the Hulbury restaurant.

As they chatted quietly, Gloria's fingers rubbed against her newest Gym Badge.

Two down, six more to go.

Soooo.... Glo and Vic...

Anyway moving on, I actually posted another chapter! Yayy!!

Also, I keep on getting a lot of questions about Gloria. . . First off, no, Victor and Gloria are NOT related in this fic. And second, I am not going to say what I ship with Gloria, whether it be Hopria, Bederia, or Vic x Glo. (Victoria? GalarShipping? BudewShipping?? Idek what it's called.)

I'm very sure that as more time goes on, you all will pick up on just what ship I like.

Oh, and also, somebody's Egg will finally hatch next chapter!

What do y'all think or want to hatch from the Egg?

And I think that's it... it's late and I have a ton of homework and my phone's about to die...

So umm.. bye

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.7K 236 12
~ The two heroes of Galar have always been equals until one of them becomes champion. Both feeling thorn apart. A new Armageddon threatens to happen...
3.9K 387 95
Professor Abbey Hawthorn never intended to return to Galar, but when her friend Anabel of the International Police asks for her help, she feels she c...
1.7K 64 14
Y/n left her home with Riolu long ago, to relieve her poor family of having to feed too many people. While in floods of tears, she met the spirits of...
65.8K 1.2K 31
(THIS BOOK IS OUTDATED AND OLD‼️) "I want to make people and pokémon equally stronger!" -Leon You are Y/N L/N, living in the Galar Region. Watching L...