The Merchant of the Black Mar...

By jdoggy

When a local Italian antiques dealer is found dead in the Mediterranean Sea, thousands of famous paintings an... More

Author's Note and cast
Chapter 1:
Chapter 2:
Chapter 3:
Chapter 4:
Chapter 5
Chapter 6:
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9:
Chapter 11: The Knight from the Sovereign Military Order of Malta
Chapter 12: The new chief of the CIA
Chapter 13: The GrandMaster of Knights of Malta
Chapter 15 : The wild one
Chapter 16 :The Operatives
Chapter 17: One Rough lady
Chapter 18: The resident Knight of Fort St Angelo
Chapter 19:Goning Rogue
Chapter 20:Got it in you
Chapter 21 : Storm Rising
Chapter 22 : Out of the darkness
Chapter 23: Dirty wars and spies
Chapter 24:Appear where not your expected
Chapter 25: Repair for war unless it was intentional
Chapter 26:The search for the chapel
Chapter 27: The Traitor within the Entity
Chapter 29:The exchange
Chapter 30:The Trap
Chapter 31:Live to rise
Chapter 32: There maybe traitors and lairs we call them assets
Chapter 33: I grew accustomed to walking the knife-edge
Chapter 34: Sperate ways
Chapter 35: The blackness of a storm
Chapter 36:The Truth about Leslie Alexis
Chapter 37:The savage sister
Chapter 38:Written in the stars
Chapter 39 : Raging fire
Chapter 40: There aren't enough, some spies have to invent them
Chapter 42: Set it off
Chapter 43:The private collectors
Chapter 44: Unfinished buisness
Chapter 45: The Lighting of the storm
Chapter 46: The White Nights Private collector
Chapter 47: Legendary Daughter
Chapter 48: The cleaner and spy
Chapter 49: The bullet meant for Vito
Chapter 50: The Auctioner
Chapter 51:Uncovering the traitor
Chapter 52: Private Auction
Chapter 53: Shadow of Rogue
Chapter 54: Walking through the fire
Interview with the characters
Separate fact from Fiction
MY achivements and awards

Chapter 28: All good things come to wait

47 8 12
By jdoggy

Song Numb by Linkin  Park

Malta, Valletta

Orleana Pov

Olreana and Lex watched as Kayleigh walked into the Hospitallers gallery. If my instinct was right, we knew  that she had to be the mole inside Malta Security Service, which got me thinking and wondering who was she really working for.

Lex casually observed everyone walking around and the small surveillance camera attached to the wall of the Gallery.

"I knew I didn't trust her when I came back to our hotel in Monaco after I terminated Andreevich Lex, and she played all of us probably to find out we if going to bring Victor Kenton and the black market down," Orleana stated

"We can grab can Kayleigh but were going to have by the surveillance camera first, that could be risky but we can we do it", Lex remarked

"If we interrogate her what she gonna tell us about the black market Lex, she probably more scared of Kenton then of us", Olreana stated

Lex  knew she was right, but we had to take a chance on it, maybe even get lucky and find out something about the black market that we didn't know. We would have to wait to make a move on Kayleigh after she left the gallery. Whenever that was. If we went in shooting there would be a major shit storm and since we don't officially exist, our government would fully deny anything about us.

"Lex, if Kenton wouldn't keep those paintings and relics in the gallery it would be too obvious, it must be someplace that only he knows about, "Olreana said.

There was no doubt in Lex's mind that the Sandino family was helping Kenton smuggle the paintings and relics into the black market they were hoping to profit from it. Summer my second in command and assassin was in St Petersburg trying to find out how the Bratva fit into the black market.

Olreana had decided to some do recon around the area blending into a crowd. So she didn't get noticed as she rose up from the table. It was a good idea I though. The first thing I learned as an agent always go with your gut and instinct, and that was what we were doing.

Lex still had doubts about Leslie Alexis if  they  could trust her but that would be proven later. Right now  he was more concerned about Kayleigh and what might she had heard when she walked into Nicky's room, and that our op could be compromised but I wasn't sure yet.

Orleana walked back over to the table after a while and said"Well what from I can see is there no security men outside but that doesn't mean that isn't any. I never got a

chance to thank for you helping my dad Lex get the intel he had over to Director Hamilton. I know that you risked your own life to do, and for I'm truly grateful"

I said"We all risk our lives in that last op there's no need to thank me I was just doing my job that's all. The intel we got from it helps us to stop Operation Rasputin from happening"

Kayleigh strolled out of Victor Kenton's office, and down the corridor passing by the paintings on the wall and exited out of the gallery. She reached into her shoulder holster for hers suppressed Beretta as she withdrew it gripping it in both of her hands.

Lex's pov

Lex  saw Kaleigh coming toward them with suppressed Berretta gripped her hands. He Jumped from where they sat and nodded at Orleana. She knew what he meant and do. She slowly rose up And moved quickly and fast bringing her hand-delivering a Knife hand strike to radical nerve. Kayleigh countered it with her fist.

Orleana grabbed her wrist breaking violently as the suppressed pistol dropped to the ground. Kayleigh pivoted trying to knock her out with her free hand while Orleana flipped her over the shoulder. She tried getting up Olreana delivered an elbow strike to her knocking her unconscious. Lex  ventured over to the suppressed pistol and picked it up.

" We'll have take her our safe house here to interrogate see what we can find out where Kenton is keeping the relics and paintings,"Lex stated

Orleana picked up her body carrying over her shoulder as we walked down the Old Mint Street passing through some people. Lex  knew that once Kenton found that we had his agent he would have after them, but they would ready. There was too much at stake right now. Finding the location of the warehouse was vital to us if we were going to try to take down the black market and Kenton.

The agents strolled out of the city gate, walking over to our E Coupe that we rented. I grabbed the back door as Orleana tossed Kayleigh into the back seat. Lex closed the door as we got in. They  drove down the narrow street, heading to our safe house in a neighbor. They drove through the neighborhood until they came to the safe house and parked outside.

Orleana  stepped out as Lex grabbed the back door Orleana grabbed Kayleigh body and, carried up the sidewalk to the front entrance. he unlocked the door as we walked in and closed the door behind us.They walked down the corridor theirr interrogation room and Lex grabbed the door as they entered and then closed the door. Olreana placed in the chair behind the table. Kayleigh slowly Up sitting in the chair her hands were cupped she couldn't move.

"You can't do this I work for the Entity and Malta Security Service!" Kayleigh exclaimed

Lex said" I know that you work for Victor Kenton I saw you walk into his gallery you're going  tell us where his warehouse," I, stated

"I'm not working for Kenton I already prove I wasn't and what warehouse," Kayleigh yelled.

Orleana walked behind Kayleigh and slammed down her on the table saying" Bullshit I when I came back from taking out Andreevich you were on her phone probably talking to Kenton," Orleana demanded.

Lex stood back watching Orleana do the interrogation he was impressed she was good at it. But then she had been trained by the CIA interrogation techniques like we all have been.Maybe she breaks Kayleigh but then she was a triple agent who had worked for MI6 at one time and now was an agent for The Entity and Malta Security Service.

"I"m telling you the fucking truth I'm no double agent I don't work  for Kenton the Vatican wants him terminated just ask my paymaster there", Kayleigh screamed

"Where is his warehouse one last chance before we send you to a black site," Orleana snapped

"I don't  know  what  your talking about  and. What warehouse," Kayleigh assked

Orleana reached into her sheath pulling out her Randall Model 1 fixed blade the grabbed Kayleigh hand and stabbed the blade through saying" It's only getting worst where is the warehouse"

Kayleigh screamed in pain" Fuck you I don't know I don't work for Kenton for the last time"

"So you keeping telling us but we know do work for him why else you withdrew your Berrett on us,", Lex said

"You're making a big mistake  I work for Malta Security Service that's it," Kayleigh demanded

Orleana pulled out the fixed blade from the wound that it made on

Kayleigh hand, there was some blood dripping it. Lex could tell that she was in my pain but he didn't care they  had to do  find out where this warehouse was? As an agent for the CIA or the Alpha team they were trained to resist interrogation techniques if  they  ever captured by foreign or hostile intelligence services.

"If you think what Orleana did to you was not good just wait you sent the black site if you don't tell us where the warehouse is," Lex demanded

"I already told before I don't anything about a warehouse I'm on your side," Kayleigh answered

Orleana slipped the fixed blade back into shealth on her jeans, Lex see that we weren't getting anywhere way so he decided to play the bad and the spy routine to see if it would on Kayleigh.

"I tell you what you let in me on the deal with Kenton I and let you go its that easy," I demanded

Olreana walked over nodding her head saying" I knew I couldn't trust you. Kayleigh tell me where the warehouse and we can make deal maybe make you an asset for us"

Lex slammed her head back down on the desk and pulled out his  Glock saying" Or maybe I just put a round into you"

"I'm telling you the truth I don't anything about a warehouse," Kayleigh answered in hurting voice.

Orleana nodded  so Lex  walked away putting my suppressed Glock back into my Kydex hip holster. They had to be better than the terrorist, assassins, and rogue spies that they had gone after. And that really he never had put a round into her it was just a technique that we used in interrogation. They  weren't getting anywhere with her which meant that she had trained really good.

There was no telling what Victor Kenton told her about the black market or where the warehouse. From what we knew so far was that Victor Kenton and the Sandino family had paid off customs official and port authority to load them into a van. If she was an agent for the Entity we knew that they would fully disavow her and her hang out to dry, which I got thinking if that was our best move.

" Lex she's not going break why don't send to one our black sits to be interrogated that would be our best bet," Orleana, stated.

" We could do that or we could use as bait once Kenton knows that we let go he'll want to meet with her to determined what to do with her, and if she really is an agent for Malta for the Entity their not going to make because she now is compromised", he  told her.

Orleana walked behind the chair where Kayleigh was cupped and uncupped her saying" Your working for us an asset you two choices either you can help us find out where the warehouse or go to a CIA black site," Orleana remarked

Kayleigh thought for a moment she knew that Victor would have killed no matter what she did. He always had a way of finding out stuff. But then she didn't break she knew the rules and what happened to who double-cross Victor. So she decided to play both sides for gain. And then when the time came she would make her move they would never see coming. Victor had always been good her and had offered more money then she wanted. But right now it was the survival of the fittest.

Kayleigh rose up from the chair behind the table looked over at us walking toward the door that closed and grabbed the door handle as she opened it saying" Tell me why should I work for the CIA for, how I do know that you're going to hang me out to dry after,"

"I guess will you just have to take that chance with us, we know that Kenton and the Sandino family are smuggling out the paintings and relics onto the Enchanted Duchess we just we need to know where the black market is," Lex stated

Kayleigh froze a second thinking that Victor told had never mentioned the black market to her before, she didn't think it was strange after all if it didn't concern she needed to know.

She felt the wound on her hand wishing she could extract the pain to them.

"I don't know Victor mention that to me, but maybe I can find out all I want is protection from the Knights of the ancient sect They well come after me once they learned I betrayed them and that I'm working for the CIA," Kayleigh stated

"You have to understand as an asset for us if you get blown by Victor you will be disavowed, we don't officially exist," Lex remarked.

"Listen I get you intel on Victor operation and all his private clients, but if I get disavowed I'll sell it to the highest bidder for the money I'm sure Russia, North Korea or China would like to know what the Entity does and know about Kenton don't you think," Kayleigh demanded.

"I don't think you'll make that far once Kenton finds out that you betray him he will have you killed," he  stated

"Thats were you wrong he would never have me killed I know all of his secrets," Kayleigh replied.

She walked over to the front door of the safe house grabbing the keys for E Cope and ventured out closing the door. She strolled down the sidewalk to the vehicle, grabbing the door handle door as she climbed in driving down the street glancing out of the rare view window. She was taking a big risk doing this.

She opened up the glove department finding a burner inside and took it out wondering why they would leave in the glove department for. She waited until she was a couple of miles from the safe house before she called Victor on the burner.

After she had driven for a while was almost at the city gate she punched in Victor on the burner, thinking what about she was going to say.

Victor felt his Samsung Galaxy buzz in his pocket he removed it and clicked on the accept button as he rose up from his desk walking out into the gallery display room. He knew who It was.

"Victor we need to meet  it'surgent The Alpha team is onto us," She stated.

" Why what did you tell them, Kayleigh," Victor asked in curious voice wondering if she had betrayed him.

"I told them nothing Victor I'm at the city gate," she replied.

"Meet me at down at the Grand Harbor and from there we'll figure out what to do next Okay," Victor remarked. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 953 39
Ex-US government assassin and Hong Kong Police martial arts enforcer Mike Delaney is kicked out of the force on a trumped up charge along with his pa...
51.8K 865 36
"Whatever happens between us is poisonous and doomed." ----- Gianna Berlusconi is an assassin. Trained from her early years to kill, making her an im...
90.2K 1.3K 22
+18
97 0 28
A MEETING ON A VACATION Gabriel Kovacs was so tired that he decided to go on a vacation with his beloved cousin to Sicily. He did not know what compe...