Jasper x Fem! Reader (NOT FIN...

By DearCher

A Jasper x Reader fan-fiction I can't say I know where this story will go...but I do hope you guys enjoy it... More

Chapter 1: The Object
Chapter 2: The Gem
Author's Note
Chapter 3: The Encounter
Chapter 4: The Name
Author's Note #2
Chapter 5: The Secret
Chapter 6: The Blossoming
100 Views!
Chapter 7: The Trip
Chapter 8: The Mother
Chapter 9: The Backstory
Chapter 10: The Breakfast
Author's Note #3
Chapter 11: The Shopping Spree
Chapter 12: The Night Out
Chapter 13: The Way Home
500 Views!
Chapter 14: The Web
Chapter 16: The Lighthouse
Chapter 17: The Cave
1K Views!
Chapter 18: The Friend
Chapter 19: The Second Mom
Chapter 20: The Rainy Day
Author's Note #4
Chapter 21: The Trip - Part Two
Chapter 22: The Party Planning
Author's Note #5
Chapter 23: The Fourth of July Party
Over 5K Views!
Chapter 24: The Stepping Stone
Author's Note #6
Chapter 25: First Words
Chapter 26: A Second Kiss
Chapter 27: Three Is A Crowd
Author's Note #7
Chapter 28: Calm Before The Storm
Chapter 29: Shady Storm Clouds
10K Views!
Chapter 30: Lighting Strikes
Chapter 31: Flash Flood Warning
Chapter 32: Weather Forecast: Thunderstorm
Chapter 33: Denial
Chapter 34: Pain and Guilt
Chapter 35: Anger and Bargaining
15K Views!
Chapter 36: Depression
20K Views!
Chapter 37: An Upward Turn
Chapter 38: Turkey Day
Chapter 39: Reconstruction and Working Through
Chapter 40: Acceptance and Hope
Author's Note #8 and over 30K Views!
Chapter 41: PTSD
Chapter 42: Dreams Becoming Reality
Chapter 43: Space Exploration (First Mission)
Chapter 44: Mother Knows Best
Chapter 45: Mind Games
Chapter 46: Space Exploration (Second Mission [?])
Chapter 47: Home World
Chapter 48: Visitors
Author's Note #8

Chapter 15: The Period

4.4K 118 34
By DearCher

Update (5/25/21): Grammatical errors were fixed.

Update v.2 (5/28/23): Grammatical errors were fixed. Slight sentence changes.

Mini A/N – The image above is what Jasper is wearing this entire chapter.

New "acronyms" used in this chapter.

(f/f) - favorite fruit {preferably a kind of berry for this chapter}

(Y/n)'s POV

       Your alarm didn't wake you up the next morning. You groaned, spitting softly to get the cat hair out of your mouth. You opened your eyes, sitting up and looking at Storm who was standing on your chest, her front paws on your cheeks. "So you're gonna be that kind of cat, huh?" She cocked her head to the side, her tail swaying behind her slowly. You chuckled, pulling her off of you and sitting up fully. You looked at your digital alarm clock on your bedside table, sighing. Storm had woken you up way earlier than your seven o'clock alarm. "Six nineteen, Storm? Really?" She meowed quietly, rubbing her body against your arm. You swung your legs from under the covers, standing on your feet. Storm continued to meow quietly, hopping off of the bed and circling your ankles. "I'm coming, I'm coming. You're probably hungry..." You yawned, stretching as you walked to your bedroom door, pushing it open. Storm bolted down the stairs and you chuckled, slowly making your way to the kitchen. You went to the cabinet, opening one of the many cans that Steven had put inside Storm's toy bin. You gagged slightly, pouring the cat food into her bowl. "That's gross, Storm," you said, tossing the can away. You washed your hands quickly, going to the fridge to get a bottle of water. You poured half of it into her second bowl, storing the rest back in the refrigerator. You sighed, leaning against the kitchen island, staring off into the dark living room. When you heard the kitten meow again, you slid your arms off of the island, hissing in pain. You quickly turned the lights on, examining your forearm. A long cut ran down it, but thankfully it wasn't deep. You tore a paper towel off of the roll on the counter, patting the cut. How the hell did that happen? You looked at your kitchen island, slowly running your fingertips over the surface. You felt a semi-deep fissure in the middle and you inhaled sharply, exhaling slowly. "This is obviously Jasper's doing." You looked at the missing tiles on your kitchen floor, and also at the gaping hole still in your wall. I need to get this shit fixed. You threw the paper towel away, wetting the dishcloth in the sink to wipe down the island. "C'mon, Storm," you said, motioning for the kitten to follow you back upstairs. She obeyed, her collar jingling after every step she hopped up. She went back to the round bed at the corner of your room, lying down. You began preparing for the day. You grabbed some clean underclothes from your drawer, taking them into the bathroom with you. I'll call Miguel at some point today and ask him if he knows anyone that can fix my tiles, countertop, and wall, you thought as you turned the shower water on. Once the bathroom began to fog up, you undressed, stepping into the scorching hot water.

       You stepped out of the shower at six forty-three, feeling rejuvenated. You sighed, feeling at peace as you dried your body. You slipped your underclothes on, walking out of the bathroom and into your bedroom again. You pulled out a short-sleeved white blouse with a pair of high-waisted (f/c) Capri jeans. You put your clothes on, sliding your feet into a white pair of flats. You stood in front of your dresser mirror, preparing to tackle your (h/l) hair. You took the old braid from yesterday down, brushing your hair until it was easy to comb through with your fingers. You decided on a cute half-up, half-down style, grabbing your curling iron to add some volume to your (h/c) locks. You grinned at yourself in the full-length mirror, turning around to admire the rest of your body. You giggled, putting on a little makeup before leaving out the room again, making sure to grab your (f/c) lipstick. You made your way back into the kitchen again, preparing to make some breakfast. Maybe I'll have a parfait this morning... You went into your fridge, taking out a container of Greek yogurt, (f/f), and whipped cream. You went into your pantry for the granola next, making sure to grab a small glass from the cabinet. You began making the parfait, starting with the granola at the bottom and then the (f/f), the yogurt, and whipped cream coming last. You layered the ingredients until you got to the rim of the glass, spraying the whipped cream in a circular motion until there was a short peak at the top. You smiled, humming as you put everything away, washing your hands. You went into the living room with your breakfast and turned the news on, paying close attention to the temperatures for the day. "Looks like it's going to get pretty hot today. Summer is coming up after all," you mused, licking yogurt off of your spoon.

       "What're you eating?" You almost jumped out of your skin at Jasper's voice, exhaling harshly as you looked back at her.

       "Don't do that Jasper! How the fuck are you so quiet, goddamn...I didn't even hear you come down the stairs." Jasper chuckled, her white hair falling over the back of the couch as she leaned on it.

       "You didn't answer my question," the gem stated, poking you in your neck.

       "It's called a parfait."

       "What does it have in it?"

       "(F/f), yogurt, granola, and whipped cream," you replied, licking your spoon again.

       "And you didn't make me one?" Jasper asked, sounding hurt. You laughed, covering your mouth so your food wouldn't fall out.

       "I didn't think you were going to wake up until later, for one, and I assumed you wouldn't want anything like this."

       "I'm always open to trying new things," Jasper replied, walking around the sofa to sit next to you. She had on another set of pajamas your mother had bought her, this set consisting of green shorts and a black sports bra. You blushed slightly, looking away from the gem.

       "You're open to trying new things, huh?" you said after clearing your throat.

       "Foodstuff mostly. Don't get it twisted," Jasper said with a growl, throwing her left arm over the back of the couch behind you. You chuckled, looking up at the analog clock on your wall. It was only around seven-fifteen, but for some reason, you felt like you had somewhere to be. Why is my anxiety flaring up? I don't have to go to work until nine. You sighed in an attempt to calm down, sucking on the cold metal spoon. "Hey, you okay?" Jasper asked, tilting her head to look you in your face. You raised your eyebrows and then nodded quickly.

       "Y-Yeah. I just...have this feeling like I have to be somewhere or that something bad is going to happen today." Jasper nudged your arm, causing you to turn your attention back to her. She had a faint blush on her cheeks.

       "Don't worry about it. If anything bad happens, I'll handle it...okay?" You smiled softly at her, leaning back against the couch cushions.

       "Thanks, Jasper...do you still want to try this?" The gem nodded so you handed her the glass and the spoon, standing to your feet. "I'm going to take a quick walk, but I'll be back," you said as you ran up the stairs, to grab your phone and then quickly headed out of the door. You walked along the shoreline of the beach, your feet making tracks in the wet sand. You breathed in the salty sea air, already feeling a little better. You looked down at the phone in your hand, unlocking it and going to your contacts. You scrolled to Miguel's, clicking on his name. You put your phone to your ear to hear the default buzzing sound of the other line ringing. Soon enough, Miguel picked up and you smiled, stopping your trek across the beach. "Hey!"

       "Buenos dias mi amor!" You giggled, watching as the waves crashed calmly in front of you.

       "I have a favor to ask, Papa."

       "Anything baby, go ahead."

       "Well, there's a little damage in my house. The marble countertop on my kitchen island is cracked, I have a few tiles on my floor missing, and there's a hole in my wall. Do you happen to know anyone that I can talk to who can fix those things?"

       "Dios mío! What happened chica?" You laughed awkwardly, twisting your hair around your finger as you continued walking again.

       "Eh...it's a long story. Can you help?"

       "Of course querida. I'll text the two numbers to you with the guys' names. They are good friends of mine, and they'll take care of you."

       "Thank you! How much do they usually charge?"

       "Oh no, no, do not worry mi amor, I'll handle it for you, okay?" You smiled, chewing at the corner of your lip.

       "Okay, Papa...talk to you later."

       "Te quiero."

       "Te quiero más," you replied, pulling the phone from your ear when the line went dead. You began walking back to your house when you suddenly felt a slight pain in your lower back. You rubbed at the area as you walked into the house, sitting back on the couch beside Jasper. "Fuck," you mumbled under your breath, arching your back to try and relieve the pain. After a couple of moments, the pain subsided and you sighed in relief.

       "Are you sure you're okay?" Jasper asked again, her voice laced with worry.

       "Yeah, I'm fine Jasper. Just a little back pain." You turned to her, giving her a smirk. "Did you like the parfait?" Jasper shrugged, wiggling her tongue at the back of her mouth.

       "It was straight, I guess. The granola got stuck in my teeth though."

       "Yeah, that happens," you said with a laugh, taking the empty glass from her and walking into the kitchen with it. "I'll have to buy you a toothbrush."

       "A what?"

       "A toothbrush," you said laughing as you placed the glass in the drying rack after washing it. "You use it to clean your teeth." Jasper nodded, stretching back on the chair. "So what are you about to be up to all day today?" you asked as you leaned on the back of the sofa next to Jasper's head.

       "Maybe just watch some TV." You nodded, looking over to the hole in your wall.

       "Well...I'd say you should clean."

       "What?" Jasper asked, looking back at you.

       "You heard me. I think you should try cleaning. I work from nine to five this whole week except Friday and Saturday. So while I'm gone, you could be cleaning, learning new things, reading maybe. You could even go to that cave back there and explore!" Jasper sighed, resting her head back on the couch.

       "...fine. Maybe I will."

       "Good," you said, walking away from her to go upstairs. "Oh, and I might stop by the store after work to get some more cat food for Storm. Don't forget to feed her again before I get home, maybe around five-thirty. Unless she starts meowing and circling your feet. Then you should feed her then." You disappeared upstairs quickly to brush your teeth and put on your lipstick. You grabbed your purse, stuffing your phone and its charger inside along with your wallet. You slung it over your shoulder, leaving your door open just in case Storm wanted to leave back out. You came back down the stairs, picking the box of books up.

       "You sure you'll survive carrying that?" Jasper said mockingly from the couch.

       "Shut up, I got it," you said attempting to shift the weight of the box to one hand so you could grab your keys. Jasper snickered from behind you.

       "Do you—"

       "Yes, now shut up," you said laughing. Jasper stood up, taking the box from you. You grabbed your keys and put them in your purse, unlocking the door. You stepped outside, holding your arms out so Jasper could put the box in your arms. "Lock the door," you said after taking the box. Jasper nodded, closing the door. You waited until you heard the click of the lock before beginning your trek down the beach and onto the boardwalk. You decided to stop by Funland Arcade before heading to the bookstore.

       "Long time no see," Mr. Smiley said as you approached him, giving you his signature smile. You laughed, placing the box down on the ground in front of you.

       "Hey, Mr. Smiley!"

       "What brings you over here girly? We don't train until Friday."

       "Yeah, I know. I just wanted to come and see how you were doing before I headed to work." Mr. Smiley gave a hearty laugh.

       "Oh, I'm doing great! How about you?"

       "I'm good as well, thank you. How's business?"

       "Oh, business has been booming! The kids are going to be out of school soon so you know what that means." You chuckled, nodding.

       "Yeah, I know. Beach City is going to be full of life like it always is over the summer." Mr. Smiley hummed in agreement, crossing his arms.

       "I hear that. I'll talk to you later on though, (y/n). I have some more business to attend to." You nodded, picking the heavy box back up.

       "See you, Mr. Smiley," you called, making your way down to the bookstore.

*time skip brought to you by writer's block*

       You groaned quietly, putting the last couple of books onto the shelves. Your back was killing you. You could barely stand up straight because of how bad it was hurting. Could it be because I carried this box here all by myself? You groaned again, holding onto the bookshelf as you slowly made your way back over to the desk. You pulled the rolling chair out of the backroom, reclining in it. You just sat there for a while, staring at the ceiling until you heard the familiar ringing of the bell above the door. You looked up to see Connie and you smiled lightly, waving her over. The young girl ran to your side, leaning up against your chair. "Are you okay, (y/n)?" You nodded, sitting up in the seat properly.

       "Yeah, I'm fine. Just a little headache."

       "You don't look so good," Connie said worriedly as she touched your forehead. "You're kind of warm. I think you should go see a doctor." You laughed lightly, pulling her into a hug.

       "Nah, I'm okay, Connie. Just a little headache and backache, I'll be fine." She nodded, pulling away to look at you. You scrunched your nose up at her, making her giggle as you kissed her forehead. "You're going to end up being my doctor one day." Connie blushed slightly, shaking her head. You chuckled, patting her cheek as you stood up again with a grunt. The back pain had returned but you ignored it. "So, what brings you in here today?"

       "I saw that you had some new books!" You laughed, walking to pick the cardboard box up from the floor.

       "And how did you know that?"

       "I saw you carrying that box down the boardwalk," Connie replied, going to look on the shelves for the new books. You chuckled, tossing the empty box behind the counter.

       "How has your mom been?" you asked, leaning against one of the tables in the bookstore.

       "She's been good. Working as per usual though..." You hummed in response, closing your eyes. Your headache was getting progressively worse, making you slightly dizzy. "Hey, (y/n)! What about this one?" You opened one eye, looking in Connie's direction. She walked up to you, showing you the cover of one of the newer books you had gotten.

       "What about it?"

       "Have you read it before?" You took the book from her, turning it on its spine to see who the author was.

       "No, but I've read a lot of his works. He's a great author so I don't see why this book wouldn't be any good." Connie nodded, taking the book back from you and running over to put it back on the shelf.

       "I don't have any money on me right now, but save one of those books for me, okay?" You laughed, crossing your arms.

       "I'll try my best. See you later, Connie." The young girl waved at you, pushing the door to the bookstore open. You turned, prepared to go back behind the counter to sit down and relax but the bell above the door rang again, signaling that someone had just walked into the bookstore. You turned, slightly irritated, your (e/c) eyes meeting with dark brown ones. You chuckled, continuing your trek across the bookstore to your chair. "Hi, Ronaldo."

       "Did you get them?! Did those books finally come in?" he asked excitedly, running to the counter after you had sat down to slam his hands on the surface. You winced, the sound making your headache worse.

       "Shh...but yes. I ordered them as you asked. The entire series is back there in the mystery section." Ronaldo squealed like a girl, causing you to laugh. He ran to one of the bookcases, coming back with three books. He put them on the counter quickly, digging in his pockets while you scanned the covers. He slapped the money on the counter and you gave him his change and receipt. "Enjoy your books, sweetheart."

       "Oh, I will! These types of novels are what keep the world weird," Ronaldo yelled as he left. You chuckled, sitting down again and exhaling slowly, rubbing your temples. I seriously need an aspirin...

*time skip brought to you by headaches*

Jasper's POV

       I stood back with my hands on my hips and looked at the work I had done. I hadn't realized that cleaning could be almost...calming. After (y/n) had left for work I sat and watched TV for a few hours. When that got boring, I turned the flatscreen off and made my way upstairs to get on the computer. I 'studied' human anatomy a little more, and then just watched entertaining videos on a website called TubeTube. Once the time rolled around to about three, I decided to look up exactly how to clean a house. When I got the information I needed, I tried it out, starting in the living room. I rearranged a few things, like the books and other objects on (y/n)'s bookshelf. I then went into the kitchen, getting paper towels and wetting them to wipe down the coffee table in the living room, and any other surface that had dust on it. After that, there wasn't really much left to do on the lower level of the house, so I decided to make my way upstairs. My room was pretty simple, and I didn't have any personal items for the room to be dirty anyway. So I went into (y/n)'s room. I straightened things on her dresser, putting things that looked similar together in groups. I even organized the things in her closet, sliding the doors closed when I was done. While I was cleaning up there though, I ended up waking Storm up but she didn't seem too upset. I picked her up and brought her back downstairs with me, turning the TV back on while petting her absentmindedly.

*teeny-tiny time skip*

       The sound of the front door slamming and the shuffling of bags woke me up. I turned my head slightly to see (y/n) putting several bags onto the counter. "Hey," I said rubbing my eyes, realizing that Storm was curled into a ball on my stomach. She must have fallen asleep when I did. I gently moved the kitten onto the couch, smiling when she didn't wake up.

       "Hi," (y/n) replied bluntly, a heavy sigh following. I raised an eyebrow, standing up from the couch to go into the kitchen with her.

       "So...how was work?"

       "It was fine. How was your day?" I shrugged, leaning against the kitchen island.

       "Uneventful. Something wrong?"

       "I just have a headache. Can you take the stuff out of the bags? I'm going to go shower and take an aspirin." I nodded, watching as she slowly walked up the stairs. She doesn't look too good, I thought, beginning to take items out of the bags and setting them on the counter. I didn't know what to do with the now-empty bags, so I walked up the stairs to ask (y/n). I went into her room, tapping my knuckles softly on the bathroom door. "Y-Yeah?"

       "What do you want me to do with the bags?"

       "Just—Just put them in—" (Y/n)'s sentence was cut off by the sound of her choking. My eyes widened and I twisted the doorknob, discovering that it was locked. I drove my shoulder into the door, breaking the lock and a portion of the wall where the lock went through. (Y/n) was kneeling in front of the toilet, holding her stomach. She was breathing heavily, and her forehead and neck were shiny. I walked over to her, not really sure what to do. "I'm fine Jas—" She heaved, liquid spilling out of her mouth. She coughed, her hands shaking as she tried to move her hair from her face. I buried my fingers into the (h/l) locks, holding them at the back of her head. I used my left hand to move strands away from her face as her breathing quickened again and she spewed more contents from her mouth.

       "You don't look fine to me." She flushed the toilet, standing on her feet. She went to the sink and rinsed her mouth out and then washed her hands.

       "Just a little throw-up, Jasper. I'll be okay once I take that aspirin."

       "Are you sure?" I asked, grabbing her face and forcing her to look at me. She nodded, looking away from my gaze. I let go of her, allowing her to walk past me and back down the stairs. I followed her, stopping at the end of the stairs and leaning against the wall. (Y/n) went into a kitchen cabinet, took out a small bottle, and opened it. She shook it over her hand, two white round tablets falling into her palm. She tipped her head back and put both of the tablets into her mouth, walking to the refrigerator next and drinking some water. She swallowed, sighing heavily as she leaned against the door of the appliance. Her legs were shaking slightly and I walked up behind her, taking the bottle of water and putting it back in the fridge. Once I closed the refrigerator door her knees buckled, but I caught her before she hit the floor. "You are definitely not okay," I growled, putting my arm under her knees to hold her better. She wrapped her arm around my neck, her head resting against my chest.

       "No, no, I'm okay. I just...got a little dizzy."

       "I'm taking you upstairs," I said, walking out of the kitchen. Storm meowed from the sofa, hopping off of the cushions to follow me. I sat (y/n) on her bed, kneeling down beside it. I put my hand on her forehead, and then under her chin, frowning. "You're burning up...but you're shivering as if you're cold."

       "I-I need to take a shower, Jasper," she said, sitting up.

       "Are you going to almost pass the fuck out again?" She shook her head, using my shoulder to stand to her feet. "I'm going to stay in here just in case...if I hear anything fall, I'm coming in."

(Y/n)'s POV

       You chuckled, walking over to your dresser and grabbing your pack of makeup wipes. You flipped the lid open, pulling out one of the towelettes and wiping your face with it. When you felt as though you had wiped all of the beauty product off, you snapped the lid closed, pushing it back on your dresser. You noticed that the things on your dresser were neater, and rearranged as well. "Did you clean my room, Jasper?"

       "Yeah. So?" You smiled, opening your top drawer and taking out a pair of underwear.

       "Nothing. Thanks."

       "...you're welcome. Now hurry and take a shower before you hit the floor."

       "You really care about me, don't you?" you teased, walking past the gem and towards your bathroom.

       "You wish...I just don't want Storm to see that. She might worry." You giggled, setting your underwear by the sink.

       "Oh, of course. I'll be out in a bit," you said, shutting the door. You sighed at your ruined wall and lock. I guess those guys will have to fix up here too...I'll let them know in the morning. You chuckled, smiling softly as you turned away from the door and towards the shower. I can't even be mad at her though... You turned the shower water on, the steam from the prism slowly fogging up the mirror. You undressed, scoffing. "Well, that would explain the fucking headache, back pain, dizziness, and puke." There was a small amount of blood in the seat of your underwear, and you tossed the undergarment into the sink. You turned the knob for cold water, reaching up into the cabinet above your head to get the hydrogen peroxide. You poured the solution onto the stained area, watching as the red disappeared slowly. You rinsed the clothing with cold water, squeezing out the excess water and hanging it on the rack with your towels. You then stepped into the shower after grabbing your bath towel, letting the water run over your face for a while. You picked up your body wash, squeezing some of it onto your towel. On the way to put the bottle back on the small shelf, your fingers slipped, causing it to fall and crash on the tiled floor of the shower. You bent to pick it up, putting it back on the shelf just as Jasper came into the bathroom, almost breaking the door more. "Calm down, it was just a soap bottle," you said bluntly. Your (s/c-t) face held a faint blush, but you knew she couldn't see anything due to the hot water fogging up the glass and also the cloudy design of the shower door. Jasper grunted, leaving the bathroom again, and closing the door behind her. You gave a short laugh, rinsing your body under the warm water.

       You stepped out of the shower a moment later, pulling on the end of the fluffy towel resting on the rack. You dried yourself, hanging it back up. You opened the cabinets under the sink, taking out two pads from the forty-eight-count package. You pulled the product open, lining your underwear with it before pulling it up your legs the rest of the way. At least it didn't come down while I was at Mom's place, you thought, trying to stay on the positive side. You knew that by tomorrow the cramps would kick in, and then the mood swings and cravings not soon after. Your period was never easy...but when is any woman's period? You always got the worst cramps the first couple of days and had flu-like symptoms as well. It wasn't often that you would actually throw up, but you figured it was just going to be that kind of period this month. You picked your dirty clothes up from the floor, using them to cover your chest as you walked back into your bedroom. "Cover your eyes, Jasper," you said before tossing the clothes in the hamper. Jasper turned her head away from you, allowing you to put the clothes into the hamper and then grab an oversized t-shirt and black shorts from your drawer. You went back into the bathroom, folding the outer paper from your pads neatly and putting them under the sink inside of the package. You quickly brushed your teeth while you were still in there, combing your fingers through your hair quickly and then throwing the (h/c) locks into a messy bun. You flopped back onto your bed, using your foot to slide your phone towards you from where you had put it earlier. 7:48 PM. "Did you feed Storm again?"

       "No. I can go and do it now if you want." You shook your head, sitting back up again to get off of the bed.

       "Don't worry, I'll do it. I have to put the groceries away anyway," you said looking around for Storm on the floor. The kitten was resting on her bed, her eyes closed. You made kissing noises and she opened her seafoam green eyes, looking up at you. "C'mon baby, let's go and eat." Storm meowed, hopping from her bed and following you down the stairs. You went to the kitchen island and opened the bag of dry cat food, humming in approval when you noticed that it came with a little measuring cup. You filled the cup up, walking over to Storm's bowl. I should probably clean it first... You took the bowl from the floor and washed it in the sink quickly, drying it with paper towels before putting it back in front of the kitten. You poured her food in, and she waited patiently for her water. You poured out the excess in her water bowl, filling it with clean water from the fridge. She began eating, the quiet crunching filling the room. You put her cat food, and litter in the lower cabinets of the kitchen, moving back over to the counter to put all the other food and items away.

       After the counter was cleared off, you leaned against it, opening your phone to scroll through Instagram. You could hear Jasper coming down the stairs, and she was walking with a purpose. You looked up from your phone slowly, seeing that she was walking in your direction. The gem stood in front of you in a matter of seconds, her hands gripping your shoulders. She rested her head over your chest as if she was listening for something. "Jasper, what are you—" She shushed you harshly and you raised an eyebrow, watching as she turned your head from side to side, looking in your ears.

       "Have you drank enough water today? Do you have anxiety? Does your stomach hurt?" She asked the last question while gently prodding at your pelvis.

       "Jasper, why are you asking me those questions?" you asked giggling as you moved her hands away from you.

       "I-I looked up your symptoms...or the ones you said anyway, to see what was wrong. Are you going to die?" Jasper asked frantically, squishing your cheeks together.

       "Whoa, whoa, whoa," you said, grabbing onto her hands. "Sweetheart, calm down. I am not going to die. Not anytime soon anyway."

       "Then what's wrong?! Why were you throwing up, and why do you have a fever, and why did you feel dizzy earlier to where you almost passed out?!"

       "Jasper! Chill," you yelled, putting your hands on either side of her face so that she'd look at you. Her amber eyes were misty, and you sighed softly, giving her a gentle stare. "I'm not going to die, okay? This is just something that happens every month as a human female."

       "...what?" You chuckled, letting go of the gem's face and hopping up on the kitchen island.

       "I'm on my period, Jasper. When it first starts I sometimes have a really bad...reaction to it. I throw up, feel dizzy or nauseous...I might have a fever but I'll have cold sweats that make me shiver." Jasper nodded slowly, turning to lean her back against the counter next to you.

       "What exactly is a period though?" You thought for a moment.

       "Well...you read a little bit on conception right?" Jasper nodded. "Okay so, I'm a female and I have a uterus and ovaries and all that junk. At some point in every month, an egg is released in my body and if it goes unfertilized then it...breaks? I don't know, it's been a minute since I've been in sex ed. But anyway, when the egg isn't fertilized it causes a woman to have her period as a way to, I guess, get rid of it."

       "So...every human female has a period then?"

       "Yeah, eventually. We usually don't get our first period until after puberty."

       "Puberty?" Jasper asked, turning to look at you. You groaned, swinging your legs.

       "Ugh, yeah. Just a bunch of hormone fluctuations."

       "Hormones?"

       "Yeah. They're kinda like chemicals in human bodies that help us grow or whatever but they can affect our mood too. Especially me when I'm on my period." You turned to Jasper, laughing lightly. "Just a warning...I can be really mean on my period. Or either extremely emotional. Or both. My mood swings are out of this world for the first couple of days." Jasper snorted, crossing her arms.

       "And how long does this thing even last?"

       "Well, it depends on the girl. Mine lasts for five days to a week usually." Jasper nodded, looking down at her feet. "Any more questions?" you asked, leaning down to try and look at her face.

       "No."

       "Well, I have a question."

       "What, brat?"

       "How come you seemed so worried about me? You almost looked as though you were going to cry when you asked if I was going to die..." Jasper's body stiffened as you asked the question and she turned her head away from you.

       "I wasn't that worried...and I definitely wasn't about to cry. Don't try and play me as weak or something."

       "I wasn't. I told you that crying doesn't make you weak...and worrying doesn't either. It's sweet..." you said trailing off, a faint blush resting on your cheeks. Jasper huffed, running a hand through her hair.

       "Whatever. Just—don't scare me like that again," she said quietly. You squealed internally, sliding off the counter to stand in front of her.

       "Come on," you said with a cheeky grin, holding your arms up to the gem. "Bring it in." Jasper looked at you as if you were crazy, but you just opened and closed your hands like a child wanting to be picked up. "Give me a hug Jasper, you know you want one!" The gem groaned, looking away from you again, a small blush on her face.

       "I am not hugging you."

       "You've done it before! And you look like you need one since I worried you so much," you teased, poking her arms and stomach. She sighed, unfolding her arms. She pulled you into a one-armed hug and you giggled, wrapping your arms around her waist. "See! That wasn't so bad."

       "Uh-huh," Jasper said, pushing you away, a small smile on her face. You grinned, turning to look at Storm.

       "You ready for bed, cutie?" Storm trotted over between you and Jasper's feet, rubbing her body against the two of your legs as she purred. You chuckled, bending down to pick up the grey kitten. "I'll take that as a yes. You coming, Jasper?" you asked the gem as you began walking up the stairs.

       "Yeah...I'll be up in a minute. I have to shower anyway." You gave her a warm smile, going up the rest of the stairs for the night.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 55.3K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...
2.3M 118K 65
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
15.9K 377 14
Y/n.. Everybody knows her as a sister of Destroy.. But why? Will your past come out and who you really are? <Kakegurui> I do not own the chara...
285K 6.7K 36
This is a Garnet x Reader. Its mostly kid friendly. Also, you are a 14 year old girl, who is human, half gem. Hope you like! ❤