Her Destined Alpha

By W0nd3rful-Dr3ams

Maverick Stone and Blair Diesel had known since they were children that they were destined to be mates. With... More

Her Destined Alpha
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve

Chapter Ten

43.2K 1.2K 193
By W0nd3rful-Dr3ams

My heat was finally starting to diminish, the excoriating pain that ran through my entire body was loosening, my muscles and body aches beginning to unwind.

As the days passed the pain started to reduce, my temperate at a normal degree as the warm, cold sweats slowly disappeared yet the burning sensations within my stomach remained.

Maverick stayed by my side throughout, only his touch could relieve the horrendous symptoms of heat.

The morning after we had first mated, we spoke about birth control. I was nervous at first to bring it up, unsure on how he would react since it was not uncommon for werewolves to want to birth pups straight away.

I found myself slightly taken back when he agreed, he had only just taken on his Alpha role, but he wanted to situate himself properly before we tried to get pregnant.

His wolf on the other hand, had a completely different opinion. He made his presence known when Maverick's demeanour suddenly changed, his eyes overtaken with darkness. Maverick was silent while he forced his wolf down for control, his eyes swirling back and forth dangerously as he battled internally for dominance.

It took around a minute for him to gain power back, he had closed his eyes while I ran my fingertips gently up and down his arm, attempting to help calm him.

Once he was back, Maverick explained that whether it happens weeks from now, years from now, planned or not, he will be ecstatic regardless of the circumstances.

That morning, he had called George our pack doctor over and he had brought with him a prescription of pills for me to take once every morning. He had awkwardly asked me a few questions on whether Maverick and I were careful the night before.

I blushed a bright pink at his question but nodded, we had been conscious about our actions and there was absolutely no possibility that I could be pregnant.

George had gone into a little more detail about the pill and how it worked, how often it needed to be taken and then he left. I had never needed the pill before since Maverick wasn't around and it wasn't necessary for me to take.

When I woke up, I moved my hand up, my palm rubbing the corners of my eyes as I yawned. A stream of light was beaming through a small gap in the curtains. I shifted myself to sit up, my hands feeling around to grab Maverick who laid fast asleep, his chest rising and falling in an exact rhythm.

I swallowed hard, resisting the urge to scrape my nails lightly down his back, my wolf begging in the back of my mind to wake our mate up.

I pushed her back, forcing myself to stop thinking, my body was still aching and sore from last night.

I slowly crawled out of bed, slipping on a t-shirt and shorts that were sprawled across the floor. I was immediately overwhelmed with Mavericks intoxicating scent as I scurried into the bathroom, pushing the door shut behind me, the sound of a click following.

I walked further into the bathroom, my hand reaching up into the cupboard to grab my toothbrush and toothpaste.

After brushing my teeth thoroughly, I decided to go downstairs to grab a bottle of water before showering, my mouth desperate for a drink. I threw my hair up into a high ponytail, hanging loosely at the back of my neck, my hair tie unable to loop round more than twice.

I quietly unlocked the door, mindful that Maverick was in a deep sleep, one I didn't want to disturb since we had stayed up extremely late.

Maverick was still sprawled across the bed when I tiptoed out of the bathroom. The covers draping the bottom of his legs, while one of his arms was secured underneath his pillow.

Once out of the bedroom, I began to descend the stairs, my feet were just about to hit the bottom step when a phone sounded throughout the house, my head looking in the direction of the sound.

My feet carried themselves towards the noise, finding myself in Mavericks office as I took a seat on the office chair, hastily picking up the phone, not bothering to look at the caller ID.

"Hello?" I answered, my body shifting to get comfortable in the chair.

"Luna Blair?" The voice sounded through the phone; I frowned a little. I didn't recognise the voice on the other end. "It's Alpha Derrick of The Vermont Pack." He confirmed, and I nodded to myself.

"Oh hi. Sorry I didn't recognise your voice for a moment. How can I help you; Maverick is unavailable right now?"

"I called to confirm that our arrangement is still on, that me along with my son Blake will be arriving next Thursday. I will be bringing fifteen wolves with me and should be arriving on your territory around midday."

I was slightly taken back by his words, Maverick never mentioned that Derrick's son and soon to be Alpha would be joining him on his visit. "I wasn't informed that your son would be visiting as well." I commented, the words falling out of my mouth.

"That was one of the reasons I wanted to speak to Maverick but since I have you on the phone," He began, his tone low yet sounding cunning. But some reason my mind didn't pick up on it as he continued. "With you being the Luna of the pack, you could decide for Maverick."

The line went silent for a moment whilst I considered his words. While Maverick was away, my father had continued to teach me how to become an Alpha and part of the training was to learn of the Alphas surrounding our territory with Derrick's pack being one of them.

Derrick once again broke the silence, stopping my thoughts in their tracks. His tone was clipped, almost like he was holding back a smirk. "Blakes your age but slightly older, I'm sure you'd get on very well. You'd both make very strong Alphas."

There was a sickening reason behind his words, yet my mind continued to block it out, brushing past all the danger signs and reflecting the true meaning behind his words away. 

I shrugged at his words, and agreed for his son to attend our meeting planned for next week. He thanked me before hanging up the phone, he mentioned he had lots of planning to do, but didn't mention what and I didn't ask.

Once I put the phone down, I remained put in the chair, my right arm leaning on the desk as I cupped my right hand underneath my chin, my fingers tapping against my skin, now contemplating the conversation I just had with Derrick.

He had lost his mate a few years ago, and he was an Alpha with no Luna. He allowed his wolf much more control over the human whose body it consumed and although most wolves who lose their mates go insane and act completely irrational. To me, he didn't sound like that was the case, at least that was what he portrayed to me.

I brushed off any doubts about the meeting, a new treaty needed to be in place since Maverick had taken over the pack and with Derrick's son Blake, soon to overtake his father's territory, it made sense that he would be there during the meeting.

They would only be on our territory for three days, what's the worse that could happen. I thought as I shrugged my shoulders, heading out of Maverick's office.

~*~

By the time I had grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge, showered and washed my hair, Maverick was awake.  When I exited the bathroom, he had just sat up, his hand running though his thick locks. His hair dishevelled in all directions making me smile in which he returned a sleepy one.

"Come here." He murmured, his voice low and commanding.

The tone of his voice makes my heart accelerate, hatching millions of butterflies in my stomach as I approached him, his arms reaching out to pull me into him. My body clashing onto his bare chest as he dips his head into my neck, nipping at his claim.

The sudden movement made me shudder, my heat still lingering as the last day wore off. I pulled away from him, I was exhausted, and I knew I would give in if he continued.

He chuckled as I moved out of reach, a slight pout appeared on my lips. I was tempted by his suggestion, yet I knew how busy today was going to be with having a family dinner around my parent's house.

"Come here." He said again, his tone still low and husky making my stomach flip. His beautiful eyes filled with cunningness and a mischievous glint.

I sighed deeply in frustration but stayed away, my tone sounding clipped. "Stop it." I whined, almost childishly causing him to chuckle at my behaviour. He instead, stood up, grabbing me tightly by the hips, placing a lingering kiss to my forehead.

"Go get ready." I laughed, pushing on his chest, sparks running up my arms at his touch. Maverick nodded, watching as his lips curled into a deliberate smirk, the feature lingering as he heads into the bathroom, closing the door shut behind him.

Staring at myself in the mirror while I brushed through my damp hair, I took in my full appearance. Since Maverick and I mated my light olive skin seemed darker, my dark brown hair was glossier, yet my deep blue eyes remained unchanged.

Our mate bond had strengthened us as Alphas and altered our appearances slightly since we bared each other's marks, his claim proudly known on the base of my neck between my shoulder.

It wasn't long before Maverick and I arrived at my father's house, Lena opening the door as we waited patiently outside, the front door surprisingly locked.

I was feeling nervous at the thought of seeing my dad, I hadn't seen him in over a week due to my heat, and I hadn't shared with him that I was now fully mated to Maverick, too anxious about his reaction.

Lena along with five pack wolves were occupying the kitchen, pots and pans everywhere as they cooked. Lena had arrived early; she made the most delicious food and she loved being in the kitchen and had happily agreed to organising our family dinner.

She quickly noticed my mark, her eyes instantly brightening and pulling me into a tight hug, pulling back slightly as her gaze caught mine. "Wait until Blaine sees this." She said laughing.

I bit the top of my lip, slightly nervous and I mentally cringed at her words; it would be an utter lie if I denied that I feared my father's reaction. He had years of notice about this day, and that Maverick was my mate, but seeing it is a whole other perspective.

"He'll be arriving soon." Lena informed a smile still planted across her face, a grin replacing it when I grimaced. Maverick just shrugged and chuckled, he wasn't fazed since my father had been the same way with him about it ever since he came into our lives. It was nothing new to him.

Maverick and I moved into the living room, away from the kitchen to allow Lena and the pack wolves space to rush around the kitchen, so we were not in their way while they cooked.

It felt like a century had passed when my mom and dad finally appeared with Savannah laying wide awake in her Moses basket, my dad placing her safely on the couch.

My mom being the first to enter the living room as she rushed over towards us, pulling me immediately into her embrace, taking in a deep breath as she hugged me tightly.

She pulled back with a glowing smile before she smirked, her eyes looking between Maverick and I, then turning back to stare at her mate. Her eyes shimmering with excitement and amusement.

Ever since Maverick and I mated, our scents had mixed, it was especially overwhelming during the first few weeks of a mated couple. I looked towards my dad, a frown appearing across his features as he looked at my mom questionably. Completely and utterly bewildered at what was going on. "Why are you looking at me like that?" He questioned.

My mom smiled mischievously at me; a playful smile curled up onto her face. "Yes Blair, why am I looking at your father like that?"

I blushed and sighed, my mom was enjoying every minute of my torture. I pouted, biting my lip slightly as I glared at her, her grin getting impeccably wider.

The words refused to come out of my mouth and instead I decided to pull my top to the side, my claim now on full display as my dad's frown deepens, his head moving sharply to look closer with his eyes widening, reminding me of a meerkat peaking out of its burrow. I couldn't stop the laugh that escaped my lips at the thought, he simply stared blankly at me and then to Maverick and then back to me.

We all waited in uneasy silence as we waited on him to speak, to even say a word.

"I'm fine." He finally let out, his tone and facial expressions saying overwise.

I stared at him doubtfully, all eyes were on him, no one in the room remotely believing his words.

"I'm fine." He said once again, only this time it was to himself. He had pulled back slightly, his eyebrows furrowing into a deep frown and validating my thoughts.

He turned to face the opposite way, his feet pacing around the living room to everyone's entertainment. His thoughts so intense that he hadn't even acknowledged or noticed the arrival of Pierce and Ava.

Pierce stepped into the living room, his eyes darting to my father who continued to pace up and down the room, repeating the same two words repeatedly as he attempted to reassure himself, the words sprawling out of his mouth.

Pierce frowned and when he realised what was going on, he smirked intensely, and suddenly interrupted my father's conversation with himself. "You're fine?" He said, trying to keep his tone serious but faltered slightly.

Pierces voice seemed to pull my father out of his trance, his head flinging in the direction of Pierce, his frown never lightening. "I'm fine." He almost shouted, his tone persistent.

Pierce continued to smirk a little, enjoying winding my father up. He had always taken entertainment at my father's reactions, and if he had a chance to tease him, he would. "You're fine, we're all fine." He said, copying my father's tone while laughing.

His eyes suddenly went black, his wolf not amused at the teasing, a warning growl lingering in the back of his throat as he stared at us all. His words coming out fast and almost desperately. "No, I'm not fine."

My mom started to giggle at her mate, as he sighed deeply, hitting his head on the living room wall causing us all to laugh. Only for Lena to interrupt my father's tantrum by calling us for dinner.

***

- Not Edited -

Please Vote and Comment!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

267K 7.4K 34
Victoria is a 16 werewolf but she's not just any werewolf. She comes from a very special bloodline she is half alpha and half beta and on top of that...
166K 3.2K 37
Scott McCall's pack shares one mate, they desperately want to find her. Mia Carrington is the new girl in school. She's sweet and innocent (Most of t...
5.6K 324 27
What is the destiny of a she-wolf on the run to the human land? . . . At a young age, Alexia lost her parents. With her current status and rumours su...
190 31 28
Book 5 of the Blood Moon Saga. This story tells the tail or Megan. It is strictly over 18, it includes a lot of gore, abusive scenes and sexual assa...