From Cradle to the Grave

By _fallen_____angel__

For 8 year old Jasmine, 18 year old Chris was her superman. There was nothing more than she liked than spendi... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Author's Note
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Epilogue
Author's Note
Q/A
New Book
New Covers(and an important Author's Note)
Author's Note

Chapter 49

30.6K 931 232
By _fallen_____angel__

Jasmine's POV

I knew it was a bad idea.

I tried telling Chris but he was adamant on carrying it out.

And now we're sitting in my house, in front of my parents, not uttering a single sound since the last 15 minutes. No kidding, I counted the seconds.

My mom was looking from me to Chris and grinning widely. My dad was an altogether different case. He was just sitting there, glaring at Chris's arm that was wrapped over my shoulder. I could almost hear everyone's heartbeats and it was growing annoying.

I was about to say something when my father finally spoke.

"So Chris, when did you come back?"

Chris cleared his throat. "3 months ago sir."

Dad slowly nodded. "And you decided to lure in my daughter the moment you came back?"

I gasped. "Dad!"

My dad looked at me innocently. "What? I'm just looking out for you."

I shook my head. Chris unwrapped his arm from around my shoulder and sat straighter.

"With all due respect Sir, I know you're not exactly fond of me, and I understand that. If I had a daughter, I would be skeptical of every person she dates as well. But I assure you that my intentions with your daughter are not at all questionable. I would come straightforward and say that I'm in love with Jasmine and I intend to keep my promises to her for as long as I shall live. I won't say that I wouldn't hurt her because no relationship is perfect. But I can assure you that it would never be intentional and when the situation arises, I would do everything in my power to make up to her. I just request you to give me a chance and the permission to pursue this relationship with Jasmine."

My father didn't seem fazed at the long speech and that worried me. My mother on the other hand was close to bursting out into tears.

"I approve! I approve!" She shouted and wiped her eyes. I smiled lovingly at her.

My father spoke again. "What are your future plannings with her?"

"I intend to marry her someday." Chris said without any hesitation and my heart skipped a beat as I tried to reign in my smile.

My father finally sighed and got off the couch, coming over to us. Chris and I stood up as well and waited for him to say something.

"Welcome to the family son. And I'm sorry for the past. I shouldn't have judged you and your relationship so fast. You have my blessings." He pulled Chris into a hug and I almost jumped up and down in glee.

"I won't disappoint you sir." Chris said.

"Oh call me Dad. Sir makes me feel like a sherriff or something. I'm not good with them."

Everyone laughed. "Sure dad." Chris said and discreetly winked at me. I blushed and looked down.

Just then the doorbell rang and mom went to open it. I was confused. Were we having more guests? Why didn't mom tell me?

Sound of people talking reverberated around the house as more footsteps entered the living room. I immediately recognised Mr and Mrs.Robinson.

"Oh my darling! It has been so long. Come give your mama a hug." Chris's mother said.

Chris went forward to hug her but to everyone's utter surprise she pulled me into a hug. I looked at Chris with wide eyes, who looked at me with the same amount of shock as well as a hint of amusement. I hugged her back and she pulled back to look at me.

"How have you been Mrs.Robinson?" I asked.

"Oh quit the formalities. Call me Katie. You're my daughter now. And I'm fine sweetie." Mrs.Robinson said.

"Okay Katie."

Chris's father greeted me as well and asked me to call him Richard. And all this while, Chris stood dumbstruck by the situation.

"Mom? Aren't you gonna welcome your son?" He asked.

Katie tsked. "I met you yesterday, didn't I? Today's Jasmine's day. Don't ruin this with your ugly mouth."

I couldn't hold in my laughter and cackled at her comeback. Chris pouted adorably and I almost cooed at him. His father told him he could give him a kiss if he wants but he declined, looking horrified. Everyone laughed.

Just then another bell sounded and I groaned. "Mom! How many people did you invite? I thought it was a family affair."

"Of course it's a family affair honey. They are family as well. Just see." My mom said as she went to open the door.

Pitter patter of footsteps echoed in the living room and even before I could comprehend anything a small body launched itself around my legs.

"Aunt Jasmine! I miss you." Little Jasmine said in her cute squeaky voice as she looked at me with her big blue eyes. I smiled widely and picked her up into my arms.

"Aww my Jas baby. I missed you too." I cooed and blew raspberries on her cheeks. She giggled.

"And you don't miss your Chris uncle?" Chris said from behind me and she looked at him and gasped.

"Of course I do. I miss you too." She made grabby hands at him and he pulled her into his arms.

I looked towards the entrance of the living room and there stood Bailey, Ashton with his arm wrapped around her, Andrew, and to my utter surprise, Violet and Jasper. I gasped loudly.

"Vi!!"

"Jas!"

I ran towards Violet and jumped at her. She laughed and hugged me back.

"Where have you been you idiot? You haven't visited me in 7 months." I said semi angrily.

"Uh I have been busy." She said, not looking in my eyes.

"Hmm. Is that busy named Mason by any means?" I teased her and she blushed. She had been dating this Mason guy since the last few months and to say she was crazy about him would be an understatement. It's good because he loves her too. I'm glad to see she's happy after her breakup with Jasper.

Speaking of Jasper, I looked at him and he was avoiding eye contact. I walked towards him and said, "Is the Paris trip still on?"

He looked at me surprised and pulled me into a bone crushing hug.

"I'm so sorry Jasmine. I'm so, so sorry. I was way out of line. I shouldn't have said what I said. I was just concerned about you and to say the truth, even a little jealous. I didn't want you to be hurt again. And I thought maybe I could make a move on you again. I'm so sorry. I'll never repeat the mistake again. Please forgive me?"

I sighed. "Of course I forgive you Jasper. I understand that you were concerned and that's appreciating. But there's no need. Chris is a wonderful guy and I'm happy with him. And I advise you to move on and try out with other girls out there. I know you'll find someone way better."

He smiled. "Thank you. And I will. In fact, I have been going out with this girl from my office. She's nice. Let's see where it goes."

I gasped. "That's wonderful! Congratulations."

Just then a pair of arms wrapped around my waist and I was pulled into a hard chest. I leaned onto the support.

"I don't think we've met formally." Chris said. I was relieved to see he wasn't acting like a jealous boyfriend. He knows I only see Jasper as a friend. He must also have heard about Jasper's last remark. So he was safe.

"Yeah we haven't. I'm Jasper."

Chris took his hand and introduced himself.

Soon we all gathered around the dining table and dined with chatter in the air. Everyone were happy and contented right now. Andrew was booming as a psychiatrist and he was becoming more and more successful. Ashton had merged with Chris. Bailey was now working as a kindergarten teacher. Violet was in her last year of college and Jasper was still roaming around the world due to his company. I missed Alex and wished he was here as well. He had grown to be a very great friend. But he was out of town visiting his family.

However the highlight of the night was when little Jasmine called Ashton daddy. We were busy in our chatter and hadn't seen her trying to reach out to a glass of water. The glass slipped from her fingers and crashed to the floor. That caught everyone's attention and Bailey and Ashton jumped out of their seats towards her.

"Baby! Are you okay? Are you hurt?" Bailey asked as Ashton pulled Jasmine onto his hip.

Jasmine shook her head. "No mama. The glass fell down. I'm not hurt."

Bailey sighed in relief. "Are you sure baby?" Ashton asked.

"Yes daddy."

Ashton's eyes had grown to the size of saucers and Bailey's mouth was hanging open. Everyone grew silent and looked at them. It was quiet for a few moments when Jasmine frowned.

"Why you're crying daddy?"

That was when we noticed Ashton was grinning like a mad man as tears flowed down his cheeks. Everyone awed at him.

"I'm not crying baby. Daddy is just happy. I'm happy you called me daddy." He kissed her forehead and she smiled.

"I never thought Ashton would be the one to become a father first." Andrew said as he continued eating. Chris agreed and everyone laughed.

As the night progressed, everyone sat on the living room with their deserts, talking. Bailey had put Jasmine to sleep in the guest bedroom.

Just then Chris whispered in my ear, "Come with me."

I looked at him quizzically. "Where?"

He shushed me and pulled me silently towards the staircase. I looked at others to see if anyone noticed but no one did.

He pulled me into my room and shut the door. I was about to say something when he pushed me against the door and attacked my lips. I gasped and he took that as a chance to plunge his tongue into my mouth. The kiss became heated and sensual, and I didn't even notice when he pushed me on my bed.

His hands caressed my chest and lightly squeezed my breasts. I moaned and he moved his lips to my neck, kissing, suckling and biting.

His hands moved downwards and lifted my dress, slowly and sensually rubbing my stomach. I could see where this was going so I stopped his hands. He whined. He literally whined.

"Chris we can't. We're at my parent's house." I whispered.

He sighed and got off me, laying on my side. "Way to ruin my mood."

I laughed and he pulled me towards him by the waist. He put his head on my chest and we laid there like that for a long time.

"Hey love." Chris whispered after sometime.

I hummed. "Do you remember when you were small you were in love with Aladdin?"

I hummed again, running my fingers through his hair.

"And do you remember asking me if I was your Aladdin?"

I laughed lowly. "I don't quite remember."

He nodded proudly. "Well you did. And I said I was. I was your Aladdin."

He got off me and hovered over me. "I didn't think at that time that one day my words will come true. You probably didn't know this but you had me wrapped around your tiny pinky finger since the moment I met you. I would do anything for you. You just had to pout and bat your cute eyelashes and lo! I'm yours."

I laughed heartily even as my cheeks burned. He kissed me gently and put his forehead on mine.

"I was just a babysitter. Never had I thought that I would fall for you one day. But I'm glad I did. And I'm proud to say that I'm the first guy you were close with and I always will be. Since your childhood, and as long as you'll have me."

I put my hands around his neck. "Then I'll have you forever Chris. You were with me since my cradle days. And you'll go with me to my grave."

He smiled. "From cradle to the grave?"

I kissed him and nodded. "From cradle to the grave."

***************************************

Finally it comes to an end! This is the last chapter before the epilogue, and needless to say I'm very emotional. This is my first book and I'm so overwhelmed to receive so much love for this book. I love every one of you who read my story, voted and commented on it, and supported me in my journey. I'll miss Chris and Jasmine tremendously and they will stay with me for a long time. And I'm sure Chris and Jasmine will miss you guys too😉

Thank you once again and love you loads. Stay safe and stay home. Brb as I cry in a corner. See you again with the epilogue.

❤❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.1M 157K 67
⚠️ Published version Available in Paperback & E-Book through Amazon! This WattPad version is a well-loved rough draft, enjoy it! But be warned it's t...
7.7K 432 27
#93 in Young Adult #4 in janitor #51 in projectbadboys Shortlisted in The Global Awards 2018 Honourable Mention in 2018 Bell Awards Previously featu...
10.9M 241K 66
#2 In Romance |May 1,2019| #1 In Teen Fiction |May 18,2019| ONLY AND ORIGINAL BOOK!!!! "What are we going to tell your brother?" He says, his breath...
68.9K 2.9K 24
Living in a small town like Peak, it's rare to find a really good best friend. Liv and Jasmine were lucky to find each other and they have been insep...