Rejecting The CEO Sure Requir...

By oreo_cheese_cake

Way too many plot twists. Read at your own risk. More

Chapter (1) ✔
Chapter (2) ✔
Chapter (3) ✔
Chapter (5) ✔
Chapter (6) ✔
Chapter (7) ✔
Chapter (8) ✔
Chapter (9) ✔
Chapter (10) ✔
Chapter (11) ✔
Chapter (12) ✔
Chapter (13) ✔
Chapter (14) ✔
Chapter (15) ✔
Chapter (16) ✔
Chapter (17) ✔
Chapter (18) ✔

Chapter (4) ✔

22.5K 841 114
By oreo_cheese_cake

Emily's POV

My conversation with Lucas made me forget all about the encounter with the arrogant jerk that I previously met. He even gave me an appointment to meet Mr Henderson. Even though we exchanged only a few words, I could tell that he was kind and friendly. And not to mention hot. He even escorted me to the main gate of the building. Such a gentleman.

I was now seated in my car, on my way to the hospital. I was partially upset since I did not get to meet the Henderson dude, but meeting Lucas was fair enough. Wait what? I sound like I have a crush on him. But then again, that's very much possible, if I can have a crush on my Korean celebrities by just looking at their pictures, then I can sure as hell have a crush on a hot guy after having a somewhat long conversation with him.

I parked my car and made my way into the hospital, and went towards the room father was in. On my way I kept thinking whether I should tell him about my visit to his office or not. I'll just tell him some other day.

I reached the door knob, and sighed deeply, then put a smile on my face. I did not want to give him the impression that I had a very hectic day. As soon as I opened the door, my smile faded and was replaced by a frown. Is this karma's way of getting back at me? What did I even do? This has got to be a nightmare.

~

Adrian's POV

I exited the building and rushed towards the hospital. I still could not get that feisty woman out of my mind. This has never happened to me before. I found her intriguing. She had this sexy factor about her.

I am on my way to visit a patient, and these are the thoughts entering my mind. Seriously Adrian get a hold on yourself. I rechecked my mobile inbox to see whether I was headed towards the right hospital or not. Lucas was really reliable. He took no time in sending me the details of the location and room number.

I finally reached the hospital after a few minutes, parked my car and entered the hospital. I approached the receptionist who seemed to be engrossed in some magazine with Channing Tatum in the cover. How can you employ such people, but then again who am I to complain. One of my receptionists happens to be a retard like her too. A hot retard.

"Listen uh-" I read her name plate which said Laura. "Laura? Can you direct me to Room 303, the name of the patient is Mr Boston." She made an annoyed expression and looked up at me and her eyes literally went wide as saucers. I smirked. I knew I had that affect on all girls. Woah, I really am egoistic as fuck. Holy shit.

My thoughts raced back to that brunette again, but I was rudely interrupted. Which was a good thing. This girl infront of me, seemed like a whore and my suspicion was confirmed when she leaned in to give me full view of her booty. I swear her buttons were closed when she was viewing that magazine. When did she even open them. Forget it, I don't even want to know.

"I'm seeing you for the first time. Who might you be?" Are you kidding me? I sighed. I did not have any time for flirting.

"Listen I'm in a hurry, so just answer my question. Which way to room 303?" She seemed stunned by my response. And just pointed to the extreme right of the corridor. I smiled and thanked her, making her blush.

Yep, I have that effect on women too.

Hashtag narcissism goals.

~

As I entered the room, I was greeted by a smiling Mr Boston. However his smile was replaced by a poker face when he took in my appearance.

"Is my sight that unappealing for you Mr Boston? And to think that I was actually worried about you. I guess I'll just leave." I turned the door knob and was about to make my dramatic exit, when the old man called out to me.

"Don't leave Adrian! Seeing you here truly shocked me. I'm glad you came even though you weren't supposed to know about my condition. Come take a seat." I closed the door and went to take the seat near his bed.

"Glad? Well your expression showed nothing but disappointment. And why the hell am I not supposed to know about your condition?"

"That wasn't disappointment, I was just expecting someone else to come. And I didn't want you to know about my condition, since I knew that it would just cause you to worry. But now that you know, it's good since I get to see you and I missed you alot. It felt like I was being kept away from my son for a very long time. I wonder how long I'll have to stay here."

This is the reason why this man was dearer to me than my biological father. He was so polite and loving. He loved me like I was his blood son. He gave me the love that I never received during my childhood.

Hell I loved him back. Not in a creepy, gay sort of way. But like he was my father. I respected him too. He was the only one whom I allowed to scold and lecture me.

Before I could respond, he started coughing, so I passed him a glass of water. He stopped coughing after awhile and gave me a sad smile.

"I probably won't be coming back to work anymore." He said looking away from my face. "Besides a company as successful as Henderson Corporation doesn't need someone like me anymore. You need young minds, this old guy is not capable of producing new ideas, he can't even take care of himself."

Why was he saying this. Wasn't he the one who told me not to give up on life when father left the whole business for me to run.

"I have no idea what you're saying. But your work sure has piled up. I hope you recover soon and complete that work." I said sternly. I was getting mad. "You taught me not to give up on life, didn't you, and now you yourself sound like you have completely given up. You're going to leave your work incomplete. What a loser. That's what you called me too right?" I said pouting.

"That's right son, I did teach you all that. And I might have called you a loser too." He said chuckling. "But, you were young back then, still are and had a lot of journey ahead of you. But just look at me. I'm old. And maybe I just want to reconcile with my wife now."

Was this old man serious. He actually wanted to die. How can he love a woman so much? Is that even possible?

"And as for my work, you could replace me, with someone. I honestly don't feel like working any more."

I guess he doesn't want to work. I took a deep breath. "Fine. I'll replace you. But on two conditions." I held my index finger. "Number one, don't give up on life. I don't get that reconciliation shit anyways." I held my middle finger next to the index one. "And number two, find me someone like you to take up your job. A guy who is trustable, reliable, devoted to his work and not to mention straight."

He seemed to think for a moment. "Well I know someone who fits the exact image of what you want.And that person has recently graduated too and wants to take up a job. This person happens to be my exact younger version as well, 24 years old to be precise." Exact younger version. That ought to be interesting.

"Awesome, tell him to meet me ASAP. I'll hire him rightaway." This earned me a chuckle from him.

"Well you see there's a tinsy weensy little problem with this person. Well not exactly a problem. But you might consider it one."

I waited for him to continue. "This person isn't exactly a he." He said looking at his hands.

"It's a girl, my daughter to be even more precise."

"And I know why you don't want to hire girls. This one is completely different. She's not one to chase boys like a whore. Heck I was even convinced a few years ago that she's not straight."

This caused me to raise my eyebrows. Did he just indirectly confess that his daughter is a-? "No she's not what you think she is." This caused us both to chuckle. This guy always knows what I'm thinking. Which can be annoying especially when I'm thinking about ba- you know what, nevermind.

"I don't mind if it's your daughter." Woah that sounded as if I'm accepting her hand in marriage. "Like you said she's different, dedicated and fits the perfect description of the secretary I want, so I don't see why not?"

I can always fire her if she gets too clingy. Clingy girls are just intolerable. I won't think twice before firing her even if she's your daughter Mr Boston. Ofcourse I didn't say that out loud.

"Infact I would love to work with her."

We were shaking hands when the door opened to reveal a familiar face with a huge smile in it. The face I've been trying to forget since our encounter this morning. Fate can be so cruel at times. What the hell is she doing here anyways. Once those lovely eyes found there way to me, she started frowning. Talk about déja vu.

Please don't be his daughter.

"Come my daughter, join us Emily. We were just talking about you." Well damn.

I glanced at 'Emily' who was now making her way towards the bed. Her frown was now replaced by confusion. "Em this is my boss, Adrian Henderson. Adrian this is my daughter Emily."

Boy was she shocked. Which world did she live in, if she didn't even know who I am. "Nice to meet you Emily." I smirked and extended my hand to greet her. She was literally glaring at me now. But then again, I don't blame her for glaring at me, I made quiet an impression this morning. Speaking of which, what was she doing at the company anyways?

"Likewise." She replied sternly, shaking my hand.

My eyes went wide as I felt strange tingles just by touching her hand. What is this weird sensation. Judging from the shocked expression on her face, I'm guessing she felt it too.

Okay no, it wasn't any weird sensation, it was as if I got electrocuted, which happens due to charge accumulation or something. Really not a romantic tingle. That doesn't happen in real life. This had scientific implications to it.

I was in the middle of my scientific reasoning process when someone cleared their throat. Oh he was here too. Well damn. She hurriedly removed her hand from mine.

She turned towards the old man, while I was still staring at her shamelessly. I still couldn't believe that it was her. And her name even suited her perfectly. I didn't know I would get to meet her again at all.

"Ah yes. This young CEO is 'willing' to have you as his Secretary." I didn't miss the emphasis on willing. Might as well just have said 'dying' instead. "I hereby give you my position as his personal Secretary. And please don't question me why. I can't, infact I don't want to work anymore. I want you to take my position. I know you won't refuse me." He was practically begging her to take his position. I observed her as she kept fidgeting and shifting her weight from one leg to the other, probably thinking of the nicest way to refuse him. To refuse me. Sad really.

Well this is amusing.

She opened her mouth to say something several times, only to end up closing it again. In the end she just nodded causing Boston to sigh in relief. What an obedient daughter. "Thanks Em. I hope she won't disappoint you Adrian." He said looking at me.

This was the first time in my life that I was actually excited and looking forward to working with a girl.

"I'm sure she won't." I replied turning my face towards him.

~

( '▽' )ノ

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 1 39
Lust over love.. Or is it the other way around? A whirlwind romance between a wanderer and a cold-hearted CEO.
1.2M 25.8K 37
[FIRST VERSION] During her business trip to LA, Ayla develops a sexual relationship with her dad's middle aged business partner and inevitably falls...
1.1K 74 28
It's a story about a billionaire whose ruthless and endless things like other Wattpad books but the twist is there's a girl whose a millionaire with...
1M 26.4K 63
𝐀 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐛𝐢𝐝𝐝𝐞𝐧 𝐨𝐟𝐟𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐚𝐟𝐟𝐚𝐢𝐫 "ᴛʜᴇɴ ᴡʜᴀᴛ's ɪᴛ ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ᴍʀ. ʜᴀʀʀɪɴɢᴛᴏɴ? ᴍᴇ? ᴏʀ ᴛʜᴇ ᴊᴏʙ?" 𝐀 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐠 𝐒𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐓𝐚𝐲𝐥�...