Behind Closed Doors

By TNSJiley_Infinity

Nobody knows what happens when she shuts the door behind her. Nobody knows how the bruises appear. But when J... More

Prologue
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Sorry

Chapter 1

7K 168 44
By TNSJiley_Infinity

James's POV

Riley Hastings. She is a mystery to me. I have danced with her for years, but I've never really got to know her. Nobody has. She isolates herself from everyone else, making excuses when anyone offered her to hang out with them. Very secretive.

  Maybe that's why I've had a crush on her for years.

"Thinking of Riley again?" Eldon inquires, nodding at the short brunette by the cubbies.

"Maybe." I mumble.

"Dude, just give up on her. She hasn't shown the slightest interest in you, so why are you still trying? She probaly doesn't even know you exist!" He tells me. I shrug.

"Then I'll just have to get her attention." I reply, letting my gaze fall in her direction again.

"And how do you plan on doing that?" He questions.

"Can I ask her to come down to Squeezed with us?" I ask. He shrugs in reply. I take it as a yes and make my way over to her.

Riley's POV

I put my stuff in my bag for the day. I need to get home on time so my father won't get mad. Nobody wants to see my father mad.

I glance up from my bag for a moment and see James Cavanaugh walking this way. I quickly look down again. I have always isolated myself from everyone else from the studio. It is safer for them and me.

"Hey Riley." He says casually, as if we are long time friends.

"Hi." I say quietly. Our eyes meet, and I feel like my heart skips a beat. Wow, I never noticed how cute he is.

"Want to come down to Squuezed with me and Eldon?" He asks, leaning against the cubbies. I begin to get butterflies in my stomach.

"Yeah, I'd love...Um, actually I can't." I mumble sadly.

"Why?" He asks, disappointment evident in his voice.

"Personal reasons." I say quietly, looking down.

"Okay. Next time maybe?" He offers.

"Yeah, maybe." I mumble.

"See you later." He mumbles back, walking back to Eldon.

~~~~~

I check my watch again as I speed walk home. My curfew is seven thirty sharp, no later. And I'm also not allowd to go anywhere else between dance and home, unless it is somewhere my father told me to go.

I shut the door behind me, with still five minutes to spare. I let out a sigh of relief and go to the kitchen to prepare supper.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 120 30
Esra wasn't expecting company - and he surely wasn't expecting Helen Brunn to be knocking on his door on a late, wet, evening. The surprises don't en...
5.1K 118 40
3 year rears its head and all of the Gang are ready for it. They've had the summer to defuse from the intense year and this time are hoping for a cal...
5.2K 298 29
Riley Thomson is a student at Greenwood High, Toronto, Canada. She suffers from anxiety and depression, as most of her life she has been bullied and...
19.1K 1K 32
A new start, A new beginning, A chance to live a happier life. But none of that quite goes to plan...