Chapter 34

Riley's POV

I walked into the studio the next day alone. James wasn't waiting for me this morning to walk together. I knew that I freaked out yesterday, but I didn't think he would just leave without me.

James was standing by himself by the cubbies when I walked in. No one was around him, not even Michelle, so I took this opportunity to talk to him.

"Hey James, I'm sorry for snapping at you yesterday. I didn't mean it, and I'm really sorry." I tell him. He just keeps his back to me and nods.

"So, were still friends right?" I ask. He just nods again. I began to grow frustrated.

"Can you at least look at me and nod instead of ignoring me?" I ask. He doesn't make any response and instead shoves his bag into the cubby and walks away.

James's POV

When I reach the middle of the floor, I finally look back at Riley. She had her head down, putting her stuff into her cubby. I probably made her upset for ignoring her. I knew this wasn't right and I should just talk to her, but Michelle doesn't want me too.

"Alright everyone, let's get started!" Michelle calls out. Everyone gives a small nod and get's into their places. Once the music starts, we begin the dance. But Michelle looks anything but impressed.

"Riley! What are you doing?! You look ridiculous!" She screams. Everyone slowly stops and stares at Riley.

"I'm sorry, I'll try harder." Riley replies shyly.

"No, sit out and watch the dance. Look at how it's supposed to look without you messing it up." Michelle snarls. I can see Riley trying to hold back tears as she scurries to the bench and sits down, holding her knees to her chest.

"Michelle, you shouldn't be so hard on her." I speak up. Michelle shoots me a look, indicatining me to shut up.

"Alright everyone, from the beginning!" She screams.

••••••••••

Riley's POV

Even though Michelle's comments were slightly hurtful, I managed to push it away at the end of the day. So now, here I am waiting to go home.

I was standing at the edge of the cubbies waiting for James. He hadn't spoken or even looked at me the entire day, and I don't know what I did wrong, other than yesterday.

"I'll text you later." James tells Michelle.

"Okay, love you." Michelle replies, giving him a kiss.

"Love you too." James replies and than Michelle skips out. I watch James carefully as he picks up his bag, and walks right past me.

"James!" I call out as I run after him. He picks up his pace, so I try to do try same.

"James!" I say again, trying to get his attention. He breaks into a run, and I start to run after him. He opens the studio door and quickly slams it in my face.

James's POV

I ran home as fast as I can, shutting the door behind me. I sigh and drop my bag on the floor and walked into the kitchen.

"Hi." I say, getting myself a glass of water.

"Why didn't Riley come over yesterday?" Alice asks.

"Well, Michelle's my girlfriend so I brought her over instead." I reply.

"But I wanted Riley to come over." She whines.

"Yeah but you like Michelle better right?" I ask. "You were talking to her when she got here."

"I still like Riley better." She pouts.

"Well Michelle's my girlfriend." I say firmly.

"But I like Riley more. Riley's nicer and prettier." She responds.

"No, she's not." I say sternly.

"Yes she is!" She snaps.

"I love Michelle, not Riley, and you have no say in it! If I want to date Michelle, I can date Michelle!" I yell.