Chapter 42

Riley's POV

I slowly opened the door, fear running through me. I felt like I was going to be sick. I stepped inside, shut the door slowly and turned around to be met by my father.

"Where. Were. You. Last. Night?!" He screams.

James's POV

As I walked to dance, I couldn't help but feel that something wasn't right.

I was worried about Riley. What was her dad going to do to her when she gets home? I'm a spurt of the moment decision, I take a quick detour to her house.

As I neared closer to her house, I could hear unmistakable screams. I ran to the house, grasping my hand Arlin's the door knob. It was locked. I heard screams, glass shattering and grunting. I had no choice at this point. Riley might hate me, but it was better than her being dead.

I took out my phone and called 911, tell them the situation and the address. Than all I had to do was wait.

~~~~~

I stood at the edge of the property as the police took Riley's father out of the house in hand cuffs. Riley was taken out as well in a stretcher. She was conscious, but covered in blood.

"What's going to happen now?" I ask my mom who I had also called.

"They'll bring her to the hospital for a check up, see if there is any internal damage and so on." She explains.

"And than what?" I ask.

"And than we'll have to wait and see." She replies.