Mr. Popular [On-Going]

Per KP_UnaH

"What do you mean you hate me and do not care about my popularity?" "Let's just say that not everyone loves y... Més

INTRODUCTION
Chapter 1 - Everyday life
Chapter 2 - Mistake
Chapter 3 - Detention
Chapter 4 - Second Move
Chapter 5 - Suspended
Chapter 6 - Solution
Chapter 7 - Moving in
Chapter 8 - Back in school
Chapter 9 - Locked up
Chapter 10 - Forever Enemies
Chapter 11 - Getting to know you
Chapter 12 - Just a playmate
Chapter 13 - Bubble Tea
Chapter 14 - Hideout
Chapter 15 - Upset
Chapter 16 - Hide and go Kiss
Chapter 17 - The maknae
Chapter 18 - Almost
Chapter 19 - Yura
Chapter 20 - Ahn Hee Ji
Chapter 21 - Clubs
Chapter 22 - President
Chapter 23 - Sing for you
Chapter 24 - Mrs. Park
Chapter 25 - Starstruck
Chapter 26 - Guilty
Hello
Chapter 27 - Apology
Chapter 28 - Frenemies
Chapter 29 - Confession
Chapter 30 - Back
Chapter 31 - Leave me alone
Chapter 32 - Revelation
Chapter 33 - Joshua
Chapter 34 - Childhood Bestfriend
Chapter 35 - First Move
Chapter 36 - Second Move
Chapter 37 - Girl Training
Chapter 38 - Date Gone Wrong
Chapter 39 - Fourth Move
Chapter 40 - Your Own Trainer
Chapter 41 - Cooling Off
Chapter 42 - Beach
Chapter 43 - Fun Together
Chapter 44 - Friendly Date
Chapter 45 - Goodbye
*sighs*
Chapter 46 - Foundation Night
Chapter 47 - Bloody Tigers Gang
Chapter 48 - Dark Wolves Gang
Chapter 49 - Safe now
Chapter 50 - Back To Normal
Chapter 51 - Feelings
IMPORTANT NOTE
Chapter 52 - Role Play
Chapter 53 - Cancelled
Chapter 54 - Letting Go
Chapter 55 - Escaped
Chapter 56 - Birthday
Chapter 56 - Second Round
Chapter 57 - Comeback / Girlfriend
Chapter 58 - Answers
A/N
A/N
Chapter 59 - Tripped
A/N
Chapter 60 - Catching Feelings
Chapter 61 - Catching Feelings Too
Chapter 62 - Un-Awkwarding
Chapter 64 - Promises
Chapter 65 - Confused
Chapter 66 - A Shoulder To Cry On
Chapter 67 - Confess
Chapter 68 - Hug
Chapter 69 - Collaboration
Chapter 70 - Risks
Chapter 71 - Plan B
Chapter 72 - Resort
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75 - Wish
Chapter - 76
Chapter 77 - The one I love
Chapter 78
Chapter 79 - I love you too
Chapter 80 - Goodnight
Quick Note
EPILOGUE

Chapter 63 - Girlfriend

60 0 0
Per KP_UnaH

Hello everyone! It was been a while.

I want to apologize for being inactive for the past few weeks. There was some incident with our internet which just got fixed today.

But, of course I didn't let internet just stop me. I am back but I am back with three chapters in total. And now that everything is fine, the fourth would probably be updated as soon as possible.

Thank you all for understanding the situation and also I hope you all would enjoy reading. I missed you all!

Also, a very belated happy birthday to our hyung, Xiumin. I am sorry I wasn't able to greet you on your exact birthday because of all these. But still, belated happy birthday, baozi! Stay safe and healthy always especially at these times. We love you ♥

Anyway, let's get it!!

-----------------------------

Jihyun's POV

"I wish I could watch the photoshoot," Baekhyun mumbles, slightly pouting.

I chuckled at him and reached out to caress his hand. "School's much more important, Baek, you know that."

He nods. "Of course, I do know that. But still..." he sighs, before grinning widely. "Good luck out there, Jihyunnie!"

I smiled and replied, "Thank you," before heading inside the company building and to the models' room.

There weren't that much models this time because only a few were chosen for this shoot. Since Sejeong wasn't really here, I had no one else to actually talk to.

So, I just stayed at my usual corner and just decided to search for some fun facts in my phone.

"Hey," someone beside me greeted all of a sudden. I looked up and my brows rose up, it was Choimin.

The latter was smiling as she asked, "May I sit beside you?"

I nodded, still not sure why she's here. Maybe I shouldn't think much about it, it is probably her nature to be friendly. "Sure thing," I answered.

"Thanks," she utters before slumping down beside me. "Um... I know you already know me but I want to introduce myself personally. I am Choimin," she says, reaching out a hand towards me.

I smiled and shook her hand. "Jeon Jihyun," I replied.

"I have heard a lot about you," she all of a sudden mused, averting her gaze to the front. "I heard you just started modelling... But I do have to say, you're really impressive - really good!"

I also heard a lot about you. A whole lot.

"Thanks," I grinned. "You're excellent too. It seems like you've had some experiences in the past already."

Choimin smiled sheepishly and replied, "Just a few. I have been joining pageants and stuffs in the past."

"That's amazing," I exclaimed, grinning widely at her. "I guess that's pretty much expected. I mean, you are really pretty and based on the few days you joined our school, you're smart too," I added.

"Thanks for that. But I am sure I can never level up to your IQ."

"Oh please, trust me when I say this. I only get those scores during quizzes and activities, but after that my brain deletes half of the information I took in," I laughed making her laugh too.

"That's truly relatable," she chuckled softly, hovering the back of her hand on her mouth at the process.

"Good morning, girls!" our conversation was cut off by a familiar voice by the door of the room.

We all turned our heads to see Yura standing by the doorway, looking as cheerful and elegant as ever.

"I hope you all had your breakfasts and enough sleep last night, because today would be a pretty long and tiring one. Are you all ready?"

We all answered in agreement and Yura instructed us to wait for the signal that would indicate for us to enter our shooting studios.

A few more minutes passed until we were finally called in. Each model had different studios to head to so Choimin and I bid our goodbyes to each other as we parted ways.

It was pretty unexpected, having that conversation with Choimin. But I am not complaining though, it was just a little weird and awkward for me at first. I don't know if Choimin felt the same way but there is a probability that she didn't since she doesn't know that I have an idea of what happened between her and Chanyeol in the past.

The photoshoot went on pretty smooth. Some shots I needed a few help with but the director cheers me up saying that it is normal and I was still doing better than they ever expected. Finally, it was lunch time and we all took off and proceeded with our 2 hours of break time.

"What..." I muttered to myself as my phone just started to ring. I fished it out of my pocket and checked the caller ID before answering.

"Hey, Baek.. What's up?"

"Is the shooting done?"

"Sort of. We will still continue a few hours after lunch break," I answered.

"That's good. Do you want me to fetch you from the inside or wait out here?"

Wait---what??

Confused, I asked him, "W-What do you mean??"

He chuckled slightly before answering, "I am parked in front of the company building at the moment. I'd like to take you out for lunch."

I looked at my watch. It was already lunch time at school so he didn't really skipped or anything.

"Unless you don't want to go out with me??"

"Silly! Of course I'd love to go out with you," I said. "Just wait, alright? I will be there in a few."

"Alright, alright. See you!"

"Yeah! See you," I said before hanging up.

I played my phone back in my pocket and quickly made my way out of the building.

Baekhyun stood, leaning against his car with his arms crossed. A smile drew across his face as he watched me approached.

"Hey there," I greeted him, grinning a bit wider than usual.

He just smiled back and pushed his body of his car before opening the door, motioning me to get inside. "Come inside, m'lady," he says in a formally joking manner which made me chuckle slightly.

"Thanks," I muttered before getting inside. Baekhyun helped me with my seatbelt like usual before following after me.

"Where are we going?" I asked, then quickly took it back. "Oh, wait... Never mind. I know it is a surprise," I laughed.

Baekhyun laughed back before nodding. "You know me well, huh?"

The latter just continued driving as we talked all about the shooting earlier. Of course I needed to ask about what's happening at school too. It's not that easy to cope up.

We finally arrived at the place he decided to bring me to. It was new, I haven't been here before but it wasn't that far from the company building. Souvenir was the name of the place and it did sounded pretty fancy.

As usual, Baekhyun treated me for the meal and we just hang out in the restaurant for a little while and remained chit chatting before time came and we needed to leave.

"Well.." he sighs softly as he parks the car in front of the company building.

"Thanks for the ride," I said as I unbuckled my seatbelt. "Oh, and for the meal too," I added, sending a smile towards him.

But when I turned to him, he was looking at me pretty earnestly.

The thing is, there is truly something with Baekhyun's eyes at the moment. I don't really know what's it about, or maybe it's just that his eyes are truly attractive. And they are pretty much attractive all the time.

But there is something else this time and I just cannot help but to stare back.

My heart was starting to race the moment I realized that he was starting to inch closer and closer to me.

But I couldn't stop him. I was left frozen at my spot and just continued to stare into his eyes.

All of a sudden, something flashed in my mind.

I suddenly remembered the time Chanyeol and I were in the same situation.

Chanyeol...

What surprised me more is when I suddenly saw Chanyeol in front of me instead of Baekhyun. This made me shake my head which brought me back to reality.

I looked up to Baekhyun who seemed surprised too.

I cleared my throat before smiling as Baekhyun leaned back onto his seat with reddened cheeks.

"I will go now," I told him, still smiling.

He managed to smile back, but only returned a nod.

I waved at him one last time before exiting his car and heading inside the building.

Why did I suddenly visualize Chanyeol?

Why did I suddenly remember that night??

I hissed silently to myself as my grip on the strap of my bag tightened.

---------

"That's a wrap!" the director exclaims which made me sigh in relief.

It was already six in the evening. I didn't expect that we would be shooting this long.

"You've done a great job," director Min tells me with a smile and a pat on my shoulder.

"Thank you, director," I replied, smiling back. Before I got called into the changing room to change back to my clothes before leaving.

Apparently, I was the one who shooted the longest. Some girls were done thirty minutes or an hour ago and Yura had a small meeting with them which I missed. But she still called me to her office and gave me a few instructions before sending me off.

I opened my phone to see what Baekhyun texted me or if ever I had missed a call from him.

I had no missed calls but had one message from him sent by four o'clock.

From: Baek :> <3

Hey, Jihyunnie~ I just want to inform you that I am not able to fetch you later. I had a family gathering to go to, so you could just call anyone from our friends to go get you. I told them beforehand anyway. Keep safe! I will see you when I would <3

To: Jihyunnie XD

I quickly replied to him just to let him know that I saw his message and is going to call someone.

Probably not D.O., he could be cooking at the moment.

"Jihyun?"

I turned and saw Yura approach me. "You're not going home yet? Isn't Baekhyun outside yet?"

"He won't be able to fetch me tonight, unnie," I answered.

"Why?"

"He has a family gathering to tend to," I answered, quickly adding, "But it's fine, unnie. I am about to call someone from home anyway."

"There's no need to. Chanyeol's coming to fetch me and drop me off at my place. You're going to ride with me," Yura said firmly, both of her hands on her hips with a small smirk on her face.

That wasn't even a question, but a statement.

"A-Alright, unnie," I can only answer which mad when grin.

"Well then let's go now! Chanyeol could be waiting outside already," she tells me cheerfully, wrapping her arm around mine and we made our way outside the building.

Indeed, Chanyeol was outside, his car parked from not so far away.

He spotted us immediately. But when his eyes landed on me, they widened before he frowned slightly.

"Hey, Yeol. Thanks for the ride," Yura says before getting in the car. I followed and sat in the back since the seats in front were occupied. Then Chanyeol went in.

"I don't understand you, noona. You have your own personal driver, yet you would call me like times like this to drive you home."

"It's not my fault if I just want to bond with my brother," Yura whined lightly.

"You have a weird way of bonding with your sibling," Chanyeol retorts which made his elder sister scoff and smack his arm. He immediately exclaimed the fact that he was driving.

I cannot help but smile here in the back.

"By the way, I took Jihyun along because apparently Baekhyun couldn't come to fetch her."

"I know. He did mentioned in the group chat that he was heading somewhere important."

"Good. Bring her home safely, alright?"

"I am not a reckless driver, noona. I would bring her home safe."

The drive to Yura's condo took as long as fifteen minutes. She bid goodbye to Chanyeol and I before heading inside the building.

"Move here in the front."

My brows furrowed. "What?"

"Move here in the front," Chanyeol repeats.

"What? Why?" I asked.

"It's not like you're someone not close to me so it would be better if you sit here in front," he says a bit nonchalantly, making my heart unknowingly skip a beat. "Also... Having you back there makes me look like a taxi driver."

"Alright, alright. There's no need for reasoning,"  I answered and moved to the place he instructed me too.

"So you do want to sit beside me, huh?" he all of a sudden mused with a smug smirk plastered across his face.

"What do you mean??" I asked with my tone raising slightly.

"You said that there's no need for reasoning. Meaning you'd move here in front even if I didn't told you to."

"That's not true. I said reasoning, not intsructions. If you told me not to then I wouldn't have," I defended, smirking slightly.

Chanyeol frowned and started driving again, "Such a mood killer, Jeon."

"I am just stating facts, Park," I replied, chuckling slightly as I fastened my seatbelt.

"Whatever... What do you say about grabbing dinner before I get you home?" he asks.

Would that be fine? I don't think it wouldn't hurt, right?

"Alright."

"I am not treating you though."

"It is not your obligation to, so that's fine," I answered. "Where are we eating then?"

"Hmm.." Chanyeol hummed thoughtfully. "What do you say about fast food for dinner?"

"That's unhealthy," I answered, smirking. "But I am not saying I wouldn't agree to that."

Chanyeol laughs. "Fast food it is!"

---------

"Hey, Jihyun?"

"Yeah?"

"There's this new horror movie I have been wanting to see. Todays the last day of screening in the cinemas," Chanyeol says while we were in the midst of eating our fast food dinner in his car. "The mall's not far from here and the last screening for today would be around thirty minutes from now. Wanna go check it out with me?"

"Uh..." I mumbled. It's already seven in the evening. It wouldn't hurt to go with him, but I still need to ask about our lessons for this day so that it wouldn't be a hassle tomorrow.

"I would treat you," he added, taking a sip from his can of soda. His eyes were eagerly looking into mine and maybe even hopeful.

...I guess it wouldn't really hurt, right?

Then he scoffs later on. "...Unless you don't want to go because you're scared," he taunts with his chin raised slightly and his usual challenging smirk plastered on his lips.

I smirked back. "I ain't scared, Chanyeol. Maybe you're the one scared that's why you need me to go with you."

"Hey, I do not need you to come with me," he protested. "It was just a friendly offer."

"'Friendly' is not your word, Park. Get your head out of the clouds."

"I am friendly, Jeon. It is just too tiring to show."

"Or maybe just start driving us to the mall because the said movie is starting in less than thirty minutes now."

He laughed, "I am the one treating you here and you're being demanding??"

"Might as well make the most out of it." I grinned smugly and leaned back onto the backrest of the seat, my one arm propped against the window of the car.

"Don't make me take back that treat, Jihyun," Chanyeol warns, still chuckling though, as he started the car engine and drove us to the mall.

"Take it back if you want, Chanyeol. I could pay for myself," I replied, realizing by now how prideful it just sounded.

"Wow.. Jeon Jihyun is bragging."

Not letting that fact tear my guard down, I retorted, "I learned from the best you know," and lightly nudged him by the shoulder making both of us laugh.

"I seriously hate your laugh," Chanyeol interrupts.

"You jerk," I hissed at him. "Thank God you're driving or I could have literally poured this drink all over you," I said, motioning the cup I had in my hand.

"Let me finish first idiot," he sighs. "I was about to say that it is pretty unique though."

My scowl softened and I felt a light flutter in my stomach again. I just can't help it, it's not everytime that this jerk compliments me.

Though it is noticeably getting frequent these past few days.

Chanyeol threw me a look quickly, then turned to me once more but with a frown this time. "Don't tell me I flattered you that much."

"I just have nothing to say alright. Also... It's not---"

"---everytime that I compliment you. Yeah, you told me that before," he cuts me off. "But the one who doesn't really Igive compliments between the two of us - is you!"

"Me??" I questioned. "How could it be me??"

"Try to count the times you complimented me."

I did try to think, but I can't recall a single moment.

"See? You have nothing to say," Chanyeol muses with a smirk.

"I cannot think of a moment but I am sure I have complimented you."

"Once."

"Of course not! Probably more than twice."

"Still not enough."

"Who's the demanding one again?"  I clapped back which only made the two if us laugh once more.

Finally, we arrived at the mall. We immediately headed to the cinema and bought our tickets, right after buying some popcorn, corndogs and cola.

There weren't much people inside. Probably because it was already late and it was the last screening of the movie.

I followed Chanyeol who made his way to the very middle and sat right down beside him. The lights were still on by the moment we walked in, yet turned off a few minutes after.

"It's starting..." Chanyeol whispers which I just nodded back too.

I quickly grabbed my phone and opened my contacts, tapping on Luhan's number. I forgot to text them a while ago that I wouldn't be coming home early.

To: LuKittey

Hey, Lu. I just want to inform you that I won't be coming home early tonight. Chanyeol just suddenly invited me to watch movies and I agreed. Hope you understand. I have my keys so you can go to bed early if you'd like and lock the door.

From: Jihyun :)

Then I turned my gadget off and darted my eyes onto the screen.

The first part of the movie wasn't really that's scary, though there were a few jump scares and stuffs.

But when we finally reached the middle part, everyone in the movie theater was really screaming. I wasn't that noisy, but fear was evident on me.

But Chanyeol was pretty loud. Really loud.

And man did he cling onto me like a cat who just got thrown into a cold bath and leaped out in escape.

"Calm down would you?" I told him while he still had an arm around me.

"It's not my fault, okay??" he hissed back.

I rolled my eyes. "You wanted to see this movie, dumbhead."

"That doesn't mean I wouldn't react like this still. It's a horror movie after all so it's just normal!!"

I shook my head and rolled my eyes once more, but cannot help and laugh silently in amusement.

But when a really big jumpscare came up front, that was the time that I clung onto him as well.

"Holy----" I exclaimed, still clinging onto Chanyeol who was also clinging onto me. "That was so rude!" I whined as I leaned back against my seat again and placed a hand on my chest, in hopes of calming myself down.

"Calm down would you?" the latter says in a mocking tone.

I made a mocking face back at him and shoved his head away from my arm.

"How dare you! That hurt!"

"You baby," I sneered and laughed afterward.

But when I turned my head to the front, a figure of the girl, all covered in blood with her eyes missing welcomed my sight. It was surprising, and totally awful to look at which made me cover my eyes and turn away.

Then all of a sudden, I felt a pair of arms wrap around me.

I uncovered my eyes and looked up.

Chanyeol's calm and comforting face greeted me.

His chocolate-brown eyes were once again staring into my own orbs. I was suddenly at peace, I suddenly lost focus of my surroundings and even felt like everything was slowing down on the two of us.

My heart... It was beating so fast... Too fast. But why does it feel...

...good??

"Just look at me if you can't take the sight in," he says softly which brought me back to reality. It wasn't the usual bragging or annoying tone of his, rather soothing and genuine instead.

"Y-Yeah..." was what I could only utter. Then I retracted my body from his and turned back to the movie.

---------

"Thanks for tonight," I told Chanyeol before hopping out of his car.

"You're welcome. And thank you for going with me to the movies," he replies. "As much as I hate to admit it, I actually needed someone to be in there with me."

I chuckled at that before nodding at him, "I will see you tomorrow. Good night."

"Good night."

I smiled at him one last time before shutting the door and heading in the apartment.

I silently took my keys from the backpack and pushed it through the keyhole. But before I could even twist the key to unlock the door, it flew open and revealed Baekhyun who was already dressed in his comfortable clothes.

"You're earlier than expected," he says. At first it sounded sarcastic, but that wasn't really shown on his face. He also added, "The movie ended early?"

"Y-Yeah it did," I answered.

"Come inside, it's cold," he says.

I quickly thanked him and entered the apartment, hearing the door shut from behind me.

"Hey, Jihyun."

My eyes darted to the couch, where I didn't notice that Luhan was on.

"Hey," I greeted back.

I made my way to the bedroom where Chen and Lay already was. I greeted them and went to grab some clothes of mine to change into.

I saw D.O. in the kitchen while I made my way to the bathroom. So I decided to place my clothes down on top of a cabinet and strutted my way to the kitchen where the latter was busy washing the dishes.

"Uh... Kyungsoo," I called out.

He visibly flinched slightly before turning to me. "Oh, Jihyun... You're home already."

"Yeah," I chuckled and walked up to his side. "Um... Let me help you..."

"No, it's fine," he says, gently blocking my hands with his right arm. "You've had a long run today. You need to go and have some rest."

"But---"

"I insist."

I sighed. "Thanks, D.O.," I told him and he gave me a small smile.

I turned and left the kitchen and proceeded to take a shower. After that, I dropped my clothes in the laundry bin and went back in the living room to check if Luhan was still there, and I was right.

"Hey, Lu," I called out, warning the guy's attention. "What are the things you've done today at school?" I asked, as I sat beside the man who continued to play with a dozen of Rubik's cube he had on the table.

He started enumerating the new lessons and some activities that I missed. It was a good thing we didn't have any assignments for today, and the activities weren't that heavy so I could totally take them first thing tomorrow.

Then I headed in the bedroom where Chen and Lay were still at, the latter already sleeping while Chen was watching some movies on his phone.

Baekhyun was already inside too, and he saw me come in.

"Come here," he beckoned me, patting the empty space beside him.

"Just a sec. Let me get my books," I told him and quickly ran to were my school textbooks are before heading to the bed and placing them on top of the beside table.

Then I plopped my body down and adjusted myself to sit properly and leaned back against the headboard.

"How was the shooting?"

"This one was a bit more tiring than the last," I answered. "In fact, we the shoot took up until six in the evening which went unexpected. I was also the one to shoot longest... I believe it was because of some problems at some points. So I sort of needed some help from the staffs and director Min also."

"But you got through those problems," Baekhyun told me comfortingly which made me smile. "And come to think of it, you're probably one of the youngest and newest models out there and yet you're already part of two of their magazines."

"Choimin joined," I stated which made Baekhyun halt.

"Really?" he asks and I nodded.

"She's also new. And as young as me and already a part of one of the magazines."

Baekhyun gave me an unamused look. "She had experience and you don't - well, not that much yet. You're still growing in the industry. But you're already remarkable enough. Do not let this get to you."

"I won't next time, I promise.

He smiled and gently caressed my hair. "That's a good thing."

"So.." I uttered, turning away slightly to grab one of my textbooks. "Would you mind to study with me before sleeping?"

"You know I'd love to," Baekhyun chuckles silently and I giggled back before scooting closer to him and leaning my head against his shoulder.

---------

Friday passed by quick, and it is now Saturday - the day of Yura's wedding. As I have expected, each and every one of the boys and their families were invited to come. So, Luhan, Chen, Lay, D.O. and Baekhyun had to leave me in the apartment for the day since they were going to prepare along with their families. I reassured them that I would be fine alone before they left after breakfast.

I had nothing to do in the morning anyway so I  started with the dishes first then tidied up the whole place. I finished by ten so I decided to start cooking my lunch.

I ate lunch in the living room as I just watched television. In the middle of watching one of my favorite drama, the doorbell rang.

I stopped to wonder what it could be for a second before finally getting up and rushing toward the door.

"Good day, Miss Jeon." It was Yura's assistant.  "Miss Yura instructed me earlier to pick out the dress, shoes and accessories she had chosen for you to wear at her wedding," she says and handed me the box and two big paper bags that I didn't even realize she had until now.

"Oh, uh... Thank you," I thanked the woman before she bid goodbye and left.

I closed the door then looked down at the stuffs I had in my hands.

Yura unnie really...

I cannot help but smile though. I set the items aside in the bedroom then continued eating my lunch before going for a short afternoon nap.

I woke up an hour after, and just stayed in bed for a few more minutes before finally deciding to get up and take a bath which was longer and more extra than usual.

After that, I wrapped my body with my towel and made my way to the bedroom.

I grabbed the first paper bag and opened it. They were the accessories.

There was full set of necklace, earrings , bracelets and two rings. All were designed matching the other jewelries.

Another thing was two hair clips that had a huge white flower on top which matched the jewelries well too.

Then I opened the other paper bag which had a beautiful white dress inside.

The designs were remarkable, and I am sure I have seen this dress before in one of Yura's magazines that I managed to go through once. It was indeed beautiful and very elegant and fit for a wedding.

With a smile, I gently laid the dress down beside me on bed then opened the shoe box. I can't help but grin when I saw that they were flats.

I mentally thanked Yura for being thoughtful and giving me these comfortable pair. They were also white but with light gold soles which I loved.

I grabbed my phone and quickly expressed my gratitude to Yura.

The wedding starts at three and it was already one o'clock so I do needed to hurry.

I slipped the dress on first and then worked on with my hair. I grabbed one of my hair pins and twisted my hair by the right side of my forehead and then brought it backwards, securing that strand with four pins, then doing the same thing on the other side. Then I took the hair clips and placed them on the back to cover the uneven pins underneath.

After that, I brushed the ends of my hair once more just to finish it then proceeded to put on my accessories.

I prepared a small white purse I had and placed my phone, some money, and a handkerchief in there.

Then I grabbed my white flats and got out of the bedroom.

Ring~ Ring~

I glanced at the door.

Who could it be this time?

I walked and open the door, only to be greeted by Baekhyun who was already suited up.

"Baek! What are you doing here?"

"I came to fetch you of course. We are going to the wedding together," he says before leaning in to my ear and whispering, "You look lovely."

I couldn't help but blush at that statement, but hid that with a smile and a small, "Thanks. You look great too."

"Thank you. Are you ready now?"

"I am actually. I just needed to secure things."

"Let me help you."

I nodded and walked back inside and did as I said with Baekhyun who helped me. Then I locked the apartment and followed after Baekhyun downstairs and to his car.

We both got in and he started driving us to where the wedding would take place.

I haven't been in any wedding before. Sure I have seen some in televisions - news of famous people getting married or in some dramas. But I still have no idea about everything that's about to happen. So I don't really know what to expect with this one.

I am sure it would be grand - it's Yura we're talking about in here. And I am sure there would be a plenty amount of people too. Good thing I had my friends to be with while the ceremony would be on going.

But, oh boy, was I wrong. I realized by now that they were instructed to sit with their family members.

"Jihyun."

I turned to my right and saw Mrs. Byun approach me.

"Oh. Good afternoon, Mrs. Byun," I greeted, bowing slightly to Baekhyun's mother.

"Good afternoon," she said back with a smile. "You should come sit with us."

I turned to Baekhyun and he nodded.

"If you wouldn't mind, Mrs. Byun," I replied.

"Oh, we totally wouldn't," Mr. Byun chimed in. I thanked both of them before following them to our seats.

The ceremony didn't took long as I expected, and wasn't even boring too. Finally, we all headed to the reception just after taking a few pictures.

This time, our circle of friends headed there all at the same time. Upon arriving, we handed out our invitations to the guards and headed inside.

Chanyeol led us to our table, and we each went to occupy our own seats.

"Hey, Jihyun," Choimin greeted and took the seat beside me. "Have you seen the pictures from the shoot already?" she was referring to those sent to our group chat.

I nodded. "Yes, I have," I answered.

"You looked splendid in those shots!"

"Thank you," I chuckled. "So did you. I never knew you were the one to endorse the formal attires.. You rocked in them."

She chuckled, brushing her hair slightly with the tips of her fingers. "Thanks."

Suho clears his throat, gaining almost everyone's attention. "So, you also are a part of Yura's modelling company," he mused at Choimin.

I looked at the latter and she was noticeably startled that Suho was actually talking to her.

"Y-Yes... I am," she answers in a much more timid voice compared to the way she spoke to me.

"When did you join?" Kris added.

"Just around last week," she answers.

"I heard you were also modelling in America, am I right?" asked Luhan this time.

"Yes, I have been training there.. in.. America."

"That's great, you have experience," the latter says.

Choimin can only nod. It seems like she cannot find anything else to say. And the gable went uncomfortably quiet too.

I can't help but pity the girl beside me. I am sure she's going under a lot of pressure at the moment.

"Uh," she clears her throat. "Please excuse me. I just need to go check on something," she says, standing up the table and walking out of the reception area.

All eyes were then averted to Chanyeol who suddenly stood up and followed her without a word.

I bit my lip and tugged onto my fingers.

What's going on??

I couldn't stay still in my seat. Not even after a few seconds that Chanyeol left. Which made me stand up too and say, "I need to go to the restroom." and then left without any word.

I made my way to the restroom, trying to find a way to exit there. Gladly it led to a garden which I assume would be a way out too.

And I was correct.

I quickly hid behind the bushes when I saw Chanyeol and Choimin standing from afar. They were talking, but I couldn't quite hear what they were talking about.

I saw Chanyeol place a hand on top of Choimin's shoulder who nodded at him. Then I watched them walk away and to his car.

They're leaving?? Why??

Where are they going??

I got out of my hiding spot and just watched as Chanyeol drove away. My mind was being bombarded with questions, but at the same time I needed to go back before the boys suspect even more.

I walked back to the restroom and out where the party was on-going, only to bump into Baekhyun.

"Jihyun!" he exclaimed.

"W-What are you doing here??"

"Uh... Nothing. Nothing at all," he answers, shaking his head. "I was about to pee but.. uh.. I-I don't feel like peeing anymore," he laughs.

Obviously he is trying to get away at something, and he totally sucks at it. But I didn't bother to question him any further and just held him by the arm.

"Let's go back there," I told him and walked back to our table and took my seat. By the time I did, everyone had their eyes on me.

I raised a brow back at them and then they averted their gazes to something else.

I sighed and leaned back against the seat. I still can't help but to think where the two was heading off to.

I glanced at the empty seat beside me and right in front of my where Chanyeol sat then sighed silently again.

Yura and her husband finally arrived, which was the cue for us to stand and give the newly weds a warm welcome.

The two had big smiles on their faces, they are truly happy and I cannot help but think how lucky there are to have each other.

A thought suddenly came to me. I wonder when and who would I be marrying in the future.

When, I wouldn't know.. But who... I am sure it'll be Baekhyun.

I turned to the said guy.

It will... be Baekhyun.

That is why I am patiently waiting to finally reciprocate his feelings for me to him.

I bit down onto my lip when a sudden thought came to me as I turned away.

Am I or am I not waiting for too long?

What am I talking about?? I already like him, that's a big step...

...But I have liked him for a while now. But it seems like it isn't just changing.. Why isn't it changing?

I slightly shook my head.

Why am I thinking this way? I shouldn't be thinking this way, that's the point?

It makes me sound like I am... Impatient.

I looked Baekhyun again and cannot help but grimace subtly.

You are so loveable... Many girls want you and yet here you are trying to win my heart. Why can't I just give it to you easily?

I snapped out of my thoughts when Baekhyun turned to me and raised his brow. "Is there something on my face?" he asks.

"Nothing," I answered, shaking my head.

"Oh... Alright."

My head turned to my side where Choimin away earlier, D.O. just moved there. He looked at me seriously and asked, "You followed after Chanyeol and Choimin, didn't you??" almost in a whisper.

I nodded, not so subtle so that no one would suspect, but not too obvious to catch anyone's attention.

"They left?"

I nodded again.

"Where did they go??"

"I have no idea actually," I answered.

D.O. sighs, turning his head away from me. "I don't even know why Chanyeol's still trying to push himself in Choimin's life. It's obvious that the girl's trying to mend things first."

I had nothing to say about that so I just kept my mouth shut. Although I have a few thoughts.

To be honest, I rarely see Chanyeol and Choimin together anymore. Sure they would speak, but timidly in classes. Choimin didn't join us in lunch since then while Chanyeol stated with us. They also don't go to school or go one together lately.

So I cannot help but wonder what is going on this time. Why did Chanyeol suddenly go after her after days of keeping distance from her??

"You're frowning."

I turned to D.O., a bit startled by his statement.

"Don't make it obvious."

"Don't make what obvious?" I asked.

"The fact that you're affected by what happened and the absence of Chanyeol's presence."

My brows rose up and my mouth went agape in protest. "I am not affected."

D.O. just shrugged and took a sip from his glass of water.

After the pictorials done after the newly weds arrived, it was our time to eat.

The foods were brought to every table and so were the kitchenware and table napkins. Then we helped ourselves and took any of the meals we desire.

"Here's your drink," Baekhyun says, handing me a cup full of iced tea.

I smiled and uttered a small thanks as I held the cup in my hand and took a small sip before continuing to eat my meal.

It can't be helped to stop and think about Chanyeol and Choimin every once in a while. Especially that there is an empty seat right in front to keep reminding me about it.

"She's not affected, she says," I heard D.O. mumble.

"I am not affected."

He smirks. "Then quit staring. The seat could melt."

"How can I not stare if it's literally right in front of me," I reasoned out.

"But there's nothing on it. Nothing to give entertainment for you to stare at it," he retorts. "There are much more entertaining stuffs happening around you, yet your eyes are still darted on that chair with nothing - or no one in it, because the fact that he is missing is bothering you."

"Stop it, someone might hear you," I hissed.

"So it's true?"

"What true??"

"You are bothered."

"Alright, I am bothered. Now please be quiet because we are literally surrounded by our friends and I don't want them to hear it."

"Hear what?" I nearly gasped when I heard Baekhyun speak. "You two have been noticeably whispering to each other. What's this secret you two are hiding?"

Oh no. We're busted.

"There's a reason why it's called a secret, Byun Baekhyun," D.O. says which made me sigh inwardly in relief.

This dude is literally so witty. I don't even know why he needs me to tutor him after all.

Baekhyun pouts. "You're so mean."

"Shut up and just eat your food," D.O. snaps.

I chuckled then turned to Baekhyun. "I will tell you later."

He grins and nods his head.

I just laughed at how childish he seemed at the moment and continued with my food.

Childish...

Damn it...

I bit my lip as Chanyeol crossed my mind again. And the thought worsened when I saw the empty seat once more.

Why is it that everytime I get unoccupied he would cross me mind??

It's frustrating.

We finished eating and the party continued. I don't really understand anything else they did next after throwing the bouquet and that ribbon thing from Yura's thigh.

It was entertaining though. At least my mind had something to think of other than Chanyeol's absence, though every now and then it would just cross my mind, I could easily shake it off that time.

The party was nearing to an end, as the emcee announced. Yura and her husband walked to the middle of the dance floor and slow danced to a lovely wedding music to close the night with last three songs.

I turned my head towards my friend and flinched slightly when I saw that all of them were looking at me.

"Uh... Guys? Is there anything wrong??" I asked.

"So who's going to ask her to dance first?" Xiumin asks.

"Make it quick, y'all. We only have three songs," added Chen.

"I think Baekhyun should give it a start," said Kai.

"I'd like to save the best for the last," Baekhyun replies, winking at me.

"So does that mean I go last?" Sehun taunts with a smirk.

"Oh, for goodness sake," Kris sighs, standing up from his seat and walking to my side. He looked at me and only extended an arm toward me without saying another word.

I looked back at the rest and they all nodded in unison. I turned back to Kris and took his hand with a smile.

He smiled back and led my to the dance floor, walking past a few of the crowd before settling at a certain spot and placing his hands on my hips. I placed mine on top of his shoulders.

"You are so tiny," he remarks making me roll my eyes.

"I am not that tiny. You're just huge."

"You could have at least wore high heels, you know."

"I wouldn't adjust if it had to be painful, Yifan," I told him and he laughed.

"You can literally walk in those seven-inches on stage without fail."

"Thank you for that compliment, but I am not on any stage today," I said.

Kris chuckled and smiled very genuinely. "You're always on your own stage, Jihyun."

Before I could even thank Kris, I felt a tap on my shoulder making me turn.

"I guess it's Xiumin hyung's turn now."

"Thank you for dancing with me, Kris," I said and he only nodded.

Next went Chen, D.O., Kai, Suho, Tao, Luhan, Sehun then Lay.

Lay and I danced quieter than how I did with the rest of the boys. And the thing is, he also had his eyes on me and never tore that gaze away.

I cannot help but frown slightly, though still trying to pull off a kind of confused smile.

I tried looking away, but when I turn to Lay he still had his eyes on me.

"W-Why are you staring?"

He blinked a few times before asking, "Isn't that how it's supposed to be when you're dancing with someone? Look them in the eyes?"

I chuckled, "It isn't really that necessary."

"Oh, haha," he laughs softly. When you talk about Lay, one word that would truly get involved is soft.

His smile flattened though when his eyes caught something behind me.

"Oh, well look who's here," he muses.

Out of curiosity, I turned to see who it was. And in my surprise, it was Chanyeol standing right behind me.

"Chanyeol..." I uttered. I don't know why but a felt a huge wave of relief wash over me. And it felt like everything just seemed lighter.

"Can I take my turn to dance with her?" he asks Lay, but his eyes were still on me. That simple thing made my heart skip another beat because of him.

Because of him... My heart skipped a beat.

And it has been happening a few times already now.

I gulped.

This... This is bad.

"Of course," Lay says, holding my hand and placing in atop of Chanyeol's. The latter looks at me and smiled, taking my other hand and placing them both on top of his shoulders before snaking his onto my waist.

"Where were you?" I asked, but mixing a playful tone in my voice.

"The answer to that is a secret," he says.

"You can't tell me?"

He nods. "Because if I tell you, things may not go the way I want them to be."

I frowned. "What do you mean?"

He sighs, looking down for a while before right back up at me. "You are a smart girl... But sometimes a bit too dense or naive..."

I will just take that as a compliment.

"I won't clap back at what you said if you tell me why you're out earlier."

"Why do you want to know so bad?" he questions.

"Not 'so bad', I am just curious."

"Then why are you so curious?"

I sighed, "You literally just left without saying anything. You don't think that's enough to draw curiosity from all of us??"

His smirk dropped and was replaced by a softer smile. "I... I am sorry. I just had things I needed to take care of."

"Things like Choimin?" I mumbled. And the fact that I mumbled it out loud made my eyes go wide from my own statement. Even Chanyeol was visibly shocked too.

"Wait... Don't tell me you are jealous??" he questions, his teasing smirk back in the game.

I gasped, a little bit exaggerated, as I felt my cheeks heat up. "I-I am not jealous! Why would you think that I am jealous, you jerk??"

"Sheesh, you don't have to be so worked up about it," he laughs.

"I hate you..." I uttered. I expected an 'I hate you too' but he only looked at me seriously, with that rare smile of his.

"Those 'I hate yous' of yours..." he trails off. "You don't really mean them, don't you?"

Why is he suddenly asking this?

"I-I sort of mean them... Y-You know, when you get annoying and stuff.." why am I stammering?? "B-But they aren't really that serious... I-If you know what I mean."

I stopped my hands from trying to clench his shoulders, and his hands started to feel pretty heavy on my waist as my breathing gradually went faster.

Why am I starting to feel like this just because of that question from him?

"I get what you're trying to say... And I am glad," Chanyeol answered. "Because I wouldn't want you to actually hate me," he says, brushing a strand of my hair from behind my ear. I can't help but shiver inwardly by his touch.

"R-Really now??" I replied, trying to compose myself once again. "Even though you worked really good on making me hate you at the first time??"

He looked dumbfounded for a second before he broke into a small laughter. "I was already trying to forget that... It makes me feel bad whenever I remember it."

I was speechless at that moment. It's really hard to speak with Chanyeol when he is being truthful or when his playful side leaves his body, since I am pretty used to it more.

"You don't have to feel bad about it anymore... Whenever I look back to those times, I just can't help but laugh instead since I already got over it," I replied. "You already apologized, remember?"

"It feels like that apology still lacks..."

I frowned and moved my hand from his shoulder to gently place it on his cheek. He turned to me with a surprised look, and I just smiled at that reaction.

"I forgave you a long time now, Chanyeol. It's time you have to forgive yourself too," I told him. "Trust me when I say this, I can't even recall the pain and anger you brought me back then. You'll just have to forget about it now too."

The latter gave me a smile, a really, really sweet one. Then he suddenly pulled me into a hug, which returned anyway.

It felt warm in his arms, and the warmth he gave is like no other. I could even feel his heartbeat, funny how I thought that it actually went in sync with mine just now.

It was as if we were the only one here in this vicinity at that moment. The music times down in my ears and I can't hear anything else but his heartbeat.

This hug felt like everything and made me want to stay in it forever. My heart was beating rapidly and the flutters that I felt in my stomach just never ceased, but those in a good way though.

"Thank you, Jihyun," he whispers in my ear. His voice sending tingles down to my spine.

"Thank you too," I replied.

He pulls away and smiles at me.

I can't help but feel dismayed. I wanted the hug to last longer. But why did it end earlier than expected??

Then it dawned to me.

Oh no...

I looked back up at Chanyeol and he was still smiling, his eyes giving off that dreamy feeling like always.

That feeling that gives me feelings I don't really feel with the others when they do the same thing.

The thoughts that I don't think about others...

It cannot be possible... I know my feelings well...

And I know I like Baekhyun...

I gulped.

Could it be possible... that I like both of them??

This can't be... I am just thinking this...

But then why is my heart pounding so loud in my chest at the moment? Like it wants to escape.

What if... What if I am starting to like Chanyeol more than Baekhyun?

No.. No, no...

"Hey, Yeol... I believe it's my turn to dance with Jihyun."

I snapped out of my thoughts, Baekhyun came.

Chanyeol turned to me and only smirked, holding one of my hands and placing it atop of Baekhyun's. "Give her a good dance," Chanyeol says.

I feel like it was supposed to be a joke, but why is it like there is something else...

Baekhyun wraps both of my hands around his neck and I secured them there as he placed both of his hands on my waist.

I couldn't help but still think about the 'feelings' crisis I am having at the moment.

Another thing, Baekhyun is the person in front of me at the moment. But why am I still thinking of Chanyeol??

Just like that one time in the car when I was supposed to kiss me. I just suddenly thought of Chanyeol.

I want these thoughts, these feelings to be wrong. But it feels hardly correct.

"Jihyun..."

What do I do??

"I was wondering..."

I am gaining feelings for Park Chanyeol... What do I do??

"What was that secret you had with D.O. earlier??"

I need to do something quick... I need to get rid of these feelings.

"You promised to tell me, remember?" Baekhyun added, a playful smile drawn on his lips.

I took in a deep breath before asking back, "W-When... When are you planning to..." it was quite hard to tell it straight so I took in another deep breath. "When.. are you planning to ask me as your girlfriend??"

His smile vanished and his eyes went wide. "W-What?? W-What do you mean??"

I worked hard to pull off a genuine grin, just to let him get the message I am trying to give.

Oh, God... I hope this would work out.

"A-Are you serious??"

I chuckled, "Yes, Byun Baekhyun. I am serious."

"W-Will you be my girlfriend then??"

His eyes were sparkling and he was smiling from ear to ear. I can seriously tell how happy he seems and I cannot help but have a tinge feeling of guilt.

"Yes," I answered.

"Thank you, Jihyun!!" he exclaimed happily and pulled me into a hug. "Thank you so much! Damn, am I so lucky!"

I hugged him back and just let my head fall onto his shoulder.

I just hope that everything would work out...

----------------------------

Thank you all again for reading! I hope you enjoyed this one uwuuuu.

And to figure out what happens next, let's proceed to the next chapter.

Love lots!

-R.E.T. ♥

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

644K 39.4K 104
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
678K 33.5K 24
↳ ❝ [ ILLUSION ] ❞ ━ yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader ━ yandere helluva boss x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, a powerful d...
82.2K 4.7K 34
╰┈➤ *⋆❝ 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐢'𝐝 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐬 𝐮𝐩 𝐚 𝐟𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐩 𝐭𝐨 𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐲? 𝐢 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐤𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐦𝐲 �...
1.1M 44.7K 51
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...