Just Roommates

By pina_colada_9876

Meet Diya Gupta an ambitious, independent, self made party girl whose life revolves around her company and s... More

The Veil
48 hours prior
48 hours prior- Part 2
Aftermath of the wedding
From Arjun
Getting Drunk
How to handle a drunk girl
from the author
logger heads
and it begins
being a trouble
lambi kahani hai
wifely duties
The ritual
Coffee?
Lipstick isn't for the cheek
The merger
The Merger - II
partition
Contract
Rajgera
Lost
welcome aboard
Lizard Alert
Arjun Sir
you know it, Arjun
Dive
Important
Rakhi
the basket ball affair
The heart wants what it wants
page number 229
Horror movie
Kuch toh log kahenge
Condom
Twist in the tale
Whirlpool
is this good bye
Meeta's back
it's fine
Guy count
Try me
karva chauth
Thunder roars
jhooth
midnight cravings
wedding
The union
Epilogue
bonus?
note

relax, you're not going to let them down

10.6K 556 16
By pina_colada_9876

At 5.10 Diya walked out of her uncles office, carrying the papers of her dad's independence and her subjugation. The papers clearly stated that in any event, Diya and Arjun weren't allowed to divorce each other for the next 5 years or the properties that were initially under her uncle's name, now under her father's name, would go to charity.

There was a prediction of thunder shower that day. Yet she walked, confused, she didn't know how to break it to Arjun, especially after giving him all the hope. She suddenly got a call from her office.

-

As Arjun drank coffee, Mehul sat there skimming through a few papers, "So congratulations man, apparently she isn't a 'gold digger'"

"Exactly, and that's why the annulment seems wrong, things are finally going in the correct direction and you know how much a separation of the CEO can effect the business"

"Come on Arjun, you're the CEO now, of such a huge Merger! Why do you think they'd give any shizz about you getting divorced, and no one will even find out! Just relax and don't over think so much"

"Hmm"

"SO what's your plan after the annulment?"

"Well, i actually, dad wanted me to handle the electricity and school project in Rajghera, a village little ahead of Gurgaon, it was papa's town, so he is a little attached to it, so I was planning to personally look after it"

"Arjun, Till a few years ago if someone would have told me that you would be lost in business, then I don't think I would've believed them, but now, project after project!"

"Also listen, I wanted to park a few funds, we have been in surplus as of now and I don't wanna lose out on them through mismanagement, so the paperwork, can you take care of it?"

"yeah obviously I'll take care of the paper work ya, I'm not your corportae lawyer for nothing, although Park new funds? how?"

"We were thinking about Acquiring a company, you know a start up and venture out in lifestyle retail"

"Oh you know what, Natasha was showing me this site the other day! It has amazing collections, there's some site called Tiger lily, you've gotta check it out! and it has good stuff on amazing prices, you can't even imagine how much money it saves me for Natasha's birthday or any special occassions"

Tiger Lily, why did it sound familiar to Arjun, he suddenly thought of the board he had seen, oh yes, the day he went to give Diya's file, Omg! It was Diya's Company, Arjun thought. She was talking about how the investors weren't cooperating, I mean she wasn't talking to him, she was on call, maybe they could park their funds there.

-

"Diya investors have been threatening to pull out"

"I've known this for years Avinash, tell me something new, and can we sort the new problem at hand" Diya said as she swiftly walked between two glass doors.

"ma'am, the server is down, we're working on it, a young girl who had probably just graduated said as she rose up"

"I don't get this, actually does no one get it? do you have no idea, tell me? Do they not teach you anything about this in your fancy ass colleges, about how wasting a customer's second also ruins our image. There is something called customer real time, if you don't know, please google it!" An enraged Diya said, the Server going down wasn't that bad, it just meant that too many people were using the site but she was too enraged to be questioned right now

"Where is the IT team on this? Diya asked as she sat on the table and peeked onto the computer

"On it ma'am!" screamed someone from a different glass cabinet

"Pankaj, check for virus or any other threat"

"Done ma'am"

"Are we good? Are we back?"

"Yeah, in 3..2..1" And all the employees suddenly sighed in relief.

"Avinash, I need a full report of this, there is a server down condition every fucking week and it's not good, I need a report of the frequency, actually I'll just do it with you!" Diya said at 1 in the night. As she saw one of the employees yawn, it was then that she checked her watch and realized what the time was. She moved her hair behind with both her hands and winced.

"I'm sorry guys, I'm really sorry" First rule of employee management that she had learnt, respect them and their space and today she had crossed both those lines.

"I'm really sorry that I got so riled up and that I took up your time, and this is like way overtime! Oh my god, I am so sorry!" Diya said.

"It's okay ma'am" "yes maam" "yeah" the few who had stayed back today said. She was usually stuffed with the younger people, she knew they were more enthusiastic, more trendy and could relate to each other better and they'd be lying if they said that Diya wasn't a great boss to have. From Celebrating every birthday in their office to lunches, it was all fun, except on a few days, but you can't just have all happy days can you?

"Come on guys, chalo leave, please eat something on the way or like at home, Avi?"

"oh no I am staying" Avi said, his knuckles entwined together

"Okay, cool, everyone else"

At two in the night as Diya and Avi munched on pizza and took down notes of each server down instance, Avi asked Diya, "So what's the matter, why have you been so stressed out lately"

They had been working together for a long time. They had worked late at nights and early in the mronings, solving some issue or the other and personal talk does creep in during these sleepy hours hence the comfort zone.

"No there is nothing like that"

"There is something for sure and your hiding it"

"No, really there isn't" Diya lied

"Come on talk Diya"

"Okay well, I am scared for the company, we're running out of funds and sometimes there is mismanagement and especially incidents like these, they scare me, I am just scared that they'll kick me out"

"Diya, you know the new intern today, she told me that she wanted to be like you, don't you see it, you're already inspiring and mentoring people, our employees really like their boss and there is everything wrong with that because how do you like your boss!? Diya these people come to you for every small issue because they trust you and know how that you're not going to let them down! Just relax, we'll sort something out, It's just another road block"

Diya just smiled, "Thanks for the pep talk Avi" Diya said placing her hand on his shoulder.

-

At 4 am, as Diya stood outside the door of her house, or rather Arjun's house, She called him up and asked him to open the door. A sleepy Arjun opened the door rubbing his eyes and saw Diya standing there, her hair wet from the rain and her clothes stuck to her body.

"Diya? where have you been? i thought you were spending time with your parents and convincing them for the annul-"

"Arjun I have to talk to you, I can't sign the annulment papers" Diya said abruptly

"What? Why? is it because of your parents I'll talk to them, wh-"

Diya brought out the property papers and handed them over to Arjun, as she explained her situation to him, keeping crosses hoping for him to understand him.

"What is wrong with you, Diya! how could you even thing? five years? Are you stupid!"

"Arjun I am sorry, please please, my dad's share is going to be gone!"

"Why, why is it always about the property or the monetary benefit, Diya!"

"It's not that Arjun! We can stick it out for the 6 months and then simply separate, just sign the divorce papers 5 years later, I can't sign the annulment Arjun, i am sorry I cannot"

"How is it always about the money for you Diya, how!" Arjun scoffed, "You're impossible!"

He suddenly heard someone run down the stairs, "Arjun Bhaiya" Dev screamed as he slid towards them in full speed, he looked at a disheveled diya but then turned to Arjun and said panting, "Bhaiya, Bhabhi that, Shreya, Shreya, not there, ran away"

"What?!" exclaimed both Arjun and Diya. It suddenly struck Diya and with her muddy footwear, she ran into Shreya's room and found a letter lying there

'Dear mum, dad, Bhaiya, bhabhi and Dev,

I'm so sorry for doing this by running away but bhabhi was right, there is so much joy in following you dreams, I'm sorry, I promise I'll be back soon

love
Shreya'

Arjun who had followed Diya, snatched the letter from her and read it, he stopped at 'bhabhi' and turned to Diya, he handed over the letter to Dev and asked him to inform his parents but to tell them to calm. As Dev left, Arjun slammed the door and howled

"I TOLD YOU TO STAY AWAY FROM MY FAMILY! WHAT BULLSHIT DID YOU FILL IN MY SISTER'S HEAD THAT SHE HAD TO TAKE THIS EXTREME STEP!"

"WHat do you mean what bull shit!? You think I told her to run away! Are you dumb!? "

"Then why would she thank you in the letter, why do people thank you in letters for stuff that you 'have never done', haa? Why!?"

"Which letters are you even talking about Arjun!"

"Oh cut that crap! You knew she was going to run away right!?" Arjun roared bringing back nostalgia from the night a few days before

"No Arjun! I mean she told me that she wanted to act and that she wasn't being let to do so and that she wanted to run away-"

"And don't you think it was your responsibility to come tell me, oh wait, anything that isn't related to your company, cant be your responsibility only!"

"Dont blame me Arjun, she told me in confidence and she brushed aside the running away thought so quick that I didn't feel like it was significant, I just told her that she had a right to follow her dreams but not by running away!"

"Dreams right, Dreams, she is a young girl Diya don't you get it? You don't even know what condition she might be in!" scowled Arjun

"Arjun, she isn't that young! She is 21 Arjun, I started out at 18 and I'm sure you did too! Till when would you keep her wings clipped! You need to let her go and explore and be on her own! I did Arjun, she is going to be fine, you've gotta give her her space, she said she'll be back soon"

"Don't compare yourself with my sister! you got your space right and what happened to you, what did you end up doing? You got pregnant with a man's child! She'll be back soon, so should I wait for my sister to get pregnant!?" Arjun scoffed. Diya was taken aback. She had no words, she hadn't expected an attack on her past like this.

"Of course, that's why shreya didn't tell you anything, your judgmental head couldn't have understood her only! And why are you stopping her from following her dreams just because you couldn't follow yours!"

Arjun was offended, he didn't expect an attack like this either. Clearly both of them knew more about each other than what both of them expected. Furious at each other both of them went to face a distraught manish and sumitra.

Sumitra, was in tears, she rushed to the Pooja room and lit a candle over there. She then began chanting. Manish was with great difficulty thrust himself on the chair.

"We should inform the police" Arjun said

"No Arjun, please no, don't let's wait for a day, ask her friends, I don't want any public involvement in this" His father said, as Diya handed him a glass of water.

A furious Arjun ordered Dev to figure out from all of Shreya's friends and call him as soon as they got any information.

-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.8K 652 28
Ishika Mehra a 24 year old girl was soo happy as she was going to marry the love of her life until a shocking news broke her heart that her fiance ra...
1.8M 94.7K 60
[FEATURED] Shruti never had marriage in her life plan. For her, it was, ❝Shaadi aur bacche, dusron ke hi achhe.❞ (Marriage and children benefit only...
7.4K 593 28
Siya Singh Your typical bubbly girl that spreads happiness around. She is the eldest child of the Singhs yet is the most fun loving and cheerful one...
15.8K 842 36
It's a romcom story of 2 sister and their 1 bestfriend whose life get tangled with 'Mir brothers' of a well affluent family. "I don't believe in love...