Just Roommates

By pina_colada_9876

Meet Diya Gupta an ambitious, independent, self made party girl whose life revolves around her company and s... More

The Veil
48 hours prior
48 hours prior- Part 2
Aftermath of the wedding
From Arjun
Getting Drunk
How to handle a drunk girl
from the author
logger heads
and it begins
being a trouble
lambi kahani hai
wifely duties
The ritual
Coffee?
Lipstick isn't for the cheek
The merger
The Merger - II
relax, you're not going to let them down
Contract
Rajgera
Lost
welcome aboard
Lizard Alert
Arjun Sir
you know it, Arjun
Dive
Important
Rakhi
the basket ball affair
The heart wants what it wants
page number 229
Horror movie
Kuch toh log kahenge
Condom
Twist in the tale
Whirlpool
is this good bye
Meeta's back
it's fine
Guy count
Try me
karva chauth
Thunder roars
jhooth
midnight cravings
wedding
The union
Epilogue
bonus?
note

partition

10.4K 546 6
By pina_colada_9876

Arjun began getting more and more hostile, he began screaming for little things and would have raging fights with Diya but Diya became calmer, she began to turn more ignorant because she knew that she'll be gone in a week, as soon as he presents her with the papers. She hadn't told him that she was ready to sign the papers mostly because she didn't want him to make her feel defeated. Diya knew that she would miss this family, be it Sumitra and manish or dev and Shreya, She was really going to miss them. And Arjun? Would she miss him? yeah maybe the fun banter with him or playing board games with him in the night and sometimes just having some one to sleep next to, it was quite an underestimated thing in her way of living.

-

"and you know Verma was so shocked, he said "you are the CEO's father in law?" because Arjun said clearly, that no decision will be taken without consulting my father in law, you should've seen their faces!" laughed Chandraprakash. Diya had decided to make an impromptu visit to her parents house for breakfast. She had never seen her father more happier. Suddenly he got up to make an important call.

"You guys seem really happy ma" Diya said

"Ive never been happier than this in this relationship Diya, since the time Arjun had made him a director on the board, he's finally got shares on his name and decisions to take which arent dominated by your bade papa. He is finally so happy that it has improved our relationship so much! And Arjun, he gives him so much importance and respect, plus you look so happy with Arjun! Everything is finally going very well, we just hope that Bhai sahab gets the Partition done smoothly now!"

"partition?"

"yeah division of all the assets, familial, your father finally doesn't need to adhere to your uncles decisions, he now holds a very important position, just that now your uncle needs to name all the family assets equally"

"I'm really happy for you guys tho Maa" Diya said as she smiled.

As she went down the lift, she thought about how happy everyone was and how smooth things were beginning to seem like only because she was married to Arjun. He had given her father an important post and maybe her parents the happiness that they had been deprived off for years now. He had given her father confidence and courage to separate from his brother. Maybe she could simply ask Arjun to sign a clause with the annulment that ensured that her father was given the same respect and importance.

Office became tough, she had continuous meetings from unsatisfied investors who weren't ready to fund their new product lines and expansion models. She needed more funds, the work load had increased, their only solution was selling her equity or being acquired.

She didn't want to sell her equity, she had read case studies of various entrepreneurs where selling off there equity went awry.

-

"Thanks a lot" Diya said as she sat on the bed completing  a few files on her laptop

"For what?" Arjun asked bluntly as he removed his socks

"For, giving dad the position"

"I did it for the company, not for you"

"I know you didn't do it for me, but mom and dad are exceptionally happy, Like I could do whatever it takes to see them this happy"

"Then sign the annulment papers"

"okay"

"what!?" Arjun was stunned, did she just say okay to sign the annulment papers.

"Did you hear what I said" Arjun asked in disbelief

"Didn't you hear what I said" Diya smiled casually

"Oh my god, finally! oh thank god!"

"yeah but don't jump so much, I want a clause that says that papa will get that as a permanent position, and that he'll get the same reverence and importance"

"Are you stupid? Mr chandraprakash Gupta is such a wise and experienced man, I'd be a fool not to let him be! but okay I'll get that done in a clause"

"Did you talk to your parents yet?" Diya asked

"No, i thought let us apply for it first and we can tell them as it proceeds"

"Okay, I'll actually go over tomorrow to inform mom and dad, I can't keep them in dark about this" said Diya who had the first hand experience of the repercussions of keeping something from her dad

"yeah sure and if they understand I think it should get easier to explain to my parents" Arjun said 

"Is this the right thing to do Arjun?"

Arjun didn't say anything.  He sat away the entire night thinking whether it was right or wrong. Mehul's words rang in his head, Dev's words did and so did Diya's. He constantly wondered if it were the right thing to do, he hadn't even considered his parent's intervention in this! They surely weren't going to be okay and what about Dev and Shreya. The two of them seemed so happy with Diya, just like old times. There was a different spark about the house now, he hadn't thought that this might kill the vibe!

-

As she walked out of the lift carrying a scrolled up sheet, she heard the door unlock. 

"Badi maa, how do you know i am here everytime!"

"I can hear your heartbeat as soon as you step into the lift" Nirmala said humorously as she embraced Diya.

They walked inside the house. Nirmala heard the phone ring and went to get it while instructing Diya to take care of the tea that was on the Gas. Diya left the papers on the table and went to get it. Nirmala then said she had to go down for some work and left Diya in charge of the Tea

She suddenly heard a roar from the dining table, "DIYA!?" . It was her bade papa. Diya suddenly realized that she had left the papers on the table. 

She briskly walked towards the table, "yeh kya hai" roared her uncle as he flung the papers of annulment across the table. Diya picked up her papers as well as confidence and said,

 "papers of annul-"

"That even I can read! Are you insane! This can never happen! I will never let you sign it!" Her uncle bawled as he snatched the papers from her hand and tore it. 

"Bade papa! Why do you find the need to control people! Didn't you learn from your mistakes!"

"No! I certainly didn't because your back again to ruin the name and reputation of my family!" Her uncle howled

"Isn't it enough that Meeta ran away haan? You should've learnt not to impose things on people! If you wouldn't have stopped Meeta from marrying Vedaant! We wouldn't be in a such a position!"

"DON'T SAY HER NAME IN MY PRESENCE, HERS OR THAT LOW GRADE BOY's!"

"Why not, why Bade papa? Don't you get that you can't control people your entire life!? BAdi maa, papa, Meeta, YOU CAN't CONTROL THEM! You undermined Papa all the time right? See, now he is a board of Director! Now I don't have to listen to you anymore! Mom and Dad are finally happy! Why can't you just let people stay happy!"

Her uncle suddenly smiled, "Oh yes, your parents do seem happy, they haven't fought for a while and guess what, they have gone on a holiday, today"

"What!?"

"Yes and isn't that what you wanted Diya, your entire life? them not fighting being like an actual couple and you know the reason of the happiness, don't you"

"Because dad on the the boar-" Diya whispered

"Aren't you smart little lady and do you know that all this will be gone as soon as your marriage with Arjun is over?"

"No it wont! There is a clause that states that my father will be given a permanent position and the same significance"

"Of course, kitna bhi door rakho, the genes always make their way, just like business and clauses do in your veins, well then you must know that your parents are also happy because I've agreed for partition, giving your father his fair share?"

"Yes mum was talking about it"

"How about I don't do that? Let your father get all the reverence at his work place and none at home, coz he'll still be my junior?"

"No you wouldn't! You can't do this to dad all the time, you have to give him his fair share!" Cried out Diya.

"I will, only if you promise not to end this marriage."

"No I can't do this! I've already told Arjun, Bade papa don't you get that Arjun and I don't want to stay together!"

"Enough" Her bade papa roared as he banged his fist on the table, "dont wanna stay together want to run away, this generation pissed me off! That's it, I have decided, I will pledge all my property to charity not leaving a single penny to your father, if you get a divorce or annulment"

"But darling, money isn't the issue here is it? your dad doesn't have a single asset under his name, if I kick him out of my house, where will he go? He can't stay in the office right? and what will be his credibility when the world finds out about your separation! your parents relationship will crumble again"

Diya heard her mom say, "this is the happiest I've ever been! the happiest time of my life"  something that she had reiterated at breakfast, the other morning.

"What is the guarantee, that you won't do so, irrespective" Retaliated Diya

"My little Diya, oh how much you still have to grow up, contract darling, papers, just like you brought these, I'll have papers ready too, you can come sign them at my office at 5 today, dot 5, you dont want to miss out on my the way you missed out on your dinner as a child" Her uncle warned her.

"I hate you" Diya scoffed as she left the house slamming the door and ran down the emergency exit through the stairs

-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

139K 8.2K 60
Divya Sharma, A sweet silent and a calm girl fighting with her own fears from her past. Her small family with her loving parents and a protective bro...
28.9K 2.4K 31
"Who are you?" At first, I thought he was just being silly. But as I stared at him for a couple of minutes, I could see he wasn't joking or pulling m...
30.4K 1.8K 34
Unedited! Is it wrong to have feelings towards your husband ?? Yes, it is, in Amaya's case. Amaya, a girl whose life is controlled by her parents, sh...
457K 26.1K 48
Diya Mehta loves her simple life, which is full of quiet joys and big dreams. However, things get out of hand when she has to become a replacement f...