The Merchant of the Black Mar...

Od jdoggy

When a local Italian antiques dealer is found dead in the Mediterranean Sea, thousands of famous paintings an... Více

Author's Note and cast
Chapter 1:
Chapter 2:
Chapter 3:
Chapter 4:
Chapter 5
Chapter 6:
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9:
Chapter 11: The Knight from the Sovereign Military Order of Malta
Chapter 12: The new chief of the CIA
Chapter 13: The GrandMaster of Knights of Malta
Chapter 15 : The wild one
Chapter 16 :The Operatives
Chapter 17: One Rough lady
Chapter 18: The resident Knight of Fort St Angelo
Chapter 19:Goning Rogue
Chapter 20:Got it in you
Chapter 22 : Out of the darkness
Chapter 23: Dirty wars and spies
Chapter 24:Appear where not your expected
Chapter 25: Repair for war unless it was intentional
Chapter 26:The search for the chapel
Chapter 27: The Traitor within the Entity
Chapter 28: All good things come to wait
Chapter 29:The exchange
Chapter 30:The Trap
Chapter 31:Live to rise
Chapter 32: There maybe traitors and lairs we call them assets
Chapter 33: I grew accustomed to walking the knife-edge
Chapter 34: Sperate ways
Chapter 35: The blackness of a storm
Chapter 36:The Truth about Leslie Alexis
Chapter 37:The savage sister
Chapter 38:Written in the stars
Chapter 39 : Raging fire
Chapter 40: There aren't enough, some spies have to invent them
Chapter 42: Set it off
Chapter 43:The private collectors
Chapter 44: Unfinished buisness
Chapter 45: The Lighting of the storm
Chapter 46: The White Nights Private collector
Chapter 47: Legendary Daughter
Chapter 48: The cleaner and spy
Chapter 49: The bullet meant for Vito
Chapter 50: The Auctioner
Chapter 51:Uncovering the traitor
Chapter 52: Private Auction
Chapter 53: Shadow of Rogue
Chapter 54: Walking through the fire
Interview with the characters
Separate fact from Fiction
MY achivements and awards

Chapter 21 : Storm Rising

52 13 20
Od jdoggy

Monaco

Nicky's pov

Nicky closed her laptop and rose up from the desk, where she was sitting as she exited the room and walked down the corridor. She sauntered down the winding staircase into the marble lobby and ventured out through the front glass doors strolling the steps she noticed Kayleigh standing there.

She also hailed a taxi as one pulled up to the curb as she climbed in and said"Port Hercule Please" She had looked up the newly Enchanted Duchess before she left her hotel room and saw that it was docked alongside Port Hercule. She had created a perfect cover herself as a free-lance photographer who loved to travel all over the world.

Nicky looked out of the window of the taxi as it sped down the winding street on its way to Port Hercule. She wondered who on the crew of the Enchanted Duchess was being paid off by the Sandino family? It could be anyone from the captain himself to the cruise director to the security officer to the IT officer.

As the taxi pulled up to Port Hercule she could see the cruise ship docked along the pier. She climbed out of the back closing the door handing the driver Eighty dollars. She walked down the long pier on her to the cruise ship where she was by a serious-looking security officer.

The security officer said in an authoritative voice" Miss Nicky Storm interesting name, I checked your background it stated that you're a free-lance photographer and that you worked a cybersecurity company welcome aboard "as he handed her cruise card.

There was something about him,but she couldn't tell what it was? She was glad that your cover checked out good. But she had to be careful not knowing who to trust on the crew would be tricky.

She walked aboard the cruise ship entering into Plazza as she surveyed all the people walking around enjoying themself. After that, she was directed to the staircase down to deck 0

That was below the sea. She sauntered down the staircase to the crew cabins. She noted the cabins were a lot smaller and that you shared with them two or three people.

She found her cabin and slid her key card into the card reader, but their door  was ajar. So she entered seeing another lady sitting on atop of the bunk bed. The room looked messy with postcard every port that she had probably had been too.

She placed her Macbook air on the table near the wall.

Nicky said"Hi I'm Nicky Storm the new staff photographer"

The lady up looked and said"Oh hello I'm Jennifer assistant cruise director on here"

After everyone boarded the cruise ship they set sail. Nicky slipped into the uniform that cruise ship photographers. She ventured over to the equipment room where they kept cameras for photographing people on the ship. She entered grabbing one of the cameras. She slowly glanced making sure that she wasn't followed.

She thought she heard footsteps and saw someone, she wasn't too sure. She had her Rugger.22 tucked behind the blue uniform dress shirt that she was wearing. She was going to take any chances.

After that she ventured up the staircase onto  the deck 7- Fiesta.  As the two couples walked by in  their  suit and a dress, she  quickly photographed them while  keeping am eye  on the security officer talking to someone else about something.

After she was done photographing people she quickly and quietly made down to the crew members cabin. Then she said to one of the crew members"Do you know where Conrad cabin is"

The crew member said"Just down the hall to your right"

Nicky sauntered down the corridor reached behind the uniform and pulled out her suppressed Ruger. 22 as she gripped in both hands. She saw the door was slightly open and stepped in so far so good she thought. Out of the corner of her eye she saw a thick vanilla envelope on the table near the bunk beds. She walked over to the table and picked up the envelope.

She looked inside and saw a hundred dollars. It made sense that Sandino family paid off the security officer, that would certainly explain how hey loaded the paintings and relics into the van after they disembarked. Before she could turn around the security officer grabbed her by the hair and swung her against the wall.

She dropped her Ruger. 22 bringing her left hand up and withdrew her butterfly folding knife as she stabbed it into his hand. The security officer gripped loosen as he let go of her hair.

He said"You're going to pay bitch for that"

Nicky quickly dove her suppressed Ruger and said"Tell me how the paintings and relics are loaded onto here. Maybe I let you live"

The security officer said"Fuck no The Sandino family will have me killed or Mr.Kenton will"

Nicky walked up the corridor passing by more some crew members walking by her as she made up the staircase to deck 6-Fiesta. Thousands of people strolling around visiting with each other looking in the Fine Art Gallery. She quickly blended into the crowd. She decided she needed to recon to see what she found.

The other photographers were busy taking photographs of people going for dinner. She knew it was the perfect time to hack into the Duchess cruise line company to see what she could find out about the crew and the security officer.

She mingled with some people as she casually ventured around, observing the people trying to figure out who to use as assets to gain information from. She started to wonder if Victor Kenton or the Sandino family had anyone working in the Duchess cruise line company.

There was no way that the security officer wasn't assassin sent to try to kill her. That could only mean one thing that was a leak inside the CIA or a mole again. She had her own suspicions about Kayleigh but couldn't prove it. If she was the mole it would certainly explain everything.

After a while she walked up the winding sparkling staircase to deck 7-promenade looking over her shoulder to see if she was being followed by anyone. She walked by some cafes with people in it enjoying themselves.

So far so good she thought. But there was uncertainty and that got her thinking what to do next. She could spot any movement from up if someone else tried to come after her.

She had quickly spotted two more security officers carrying suppressed Glocks in their hands down in the Plaza probably looking for her. Which meant that they had found the dead security officer in his cabin.

She figured that the men were from Sandino family probably free-lance contractors they had on payroll forever whenever they wanted someone killed. It made her sense now to her this way it couldn't be traced to them or Victor Kenton.

Nicky walked up the corridor passing by more some crew members walking by her as she made up the staircase to deck 6-Fiesta. Thousands of people strolling around visiting with each other looking in the Fine Art Gallery. She quickly blended into the crowd. She decided she needed to recon to see what she found.

The other photographers were busy taking photographs of people going for dinner. She knew it was the perfect time to hack into the Duchess cruise line company to see what she could find out about the crew and the security officer.

She mingled with some people as she casually ventured around, observing the people trying to figure out who to use as assets to gain information from. She started to wonder if Victor Kenton or the Sandino family had anyone working in the Duchess cruise line company.

There was no way that the security officer wasn't assassin sent to try to kill her. That could only mean one thing that was a leak inside the CIA or a mole again. She had her own suspicions about Kayleigh but couldn't prove it. If she was the mole it would certainly explain everything.

After a while she walked up the winding sparkling staircase to deck 7-promenade looking over her shoulder to see if she was being followed by anyone. She walked by some cafes with people in it enjoying themselves.

So far so good she thought. But there was uncertainty and that got her thinking what to do next. She could spot any movement from up if someone else tried to come after her.

She had quickly spotted two more security officers carrying suppressed Glocks in their hands down in the Plaza probably looking for her. Which meant that they had found the dead security officer in his cabin.

She figured that the men were from Sandino family probably free-lance contractors they had on payroll forever whenever they wanted someone killed. It made her sense now to her this way it couldn't be traced to them or Victor Kenton.

There was no way that they knew who she really was unless the mole inside the CIA had found somehow way about her cover and knew that she worked for the CIA, NSA TaskForce.But how she was operative for the deep black ops program that was so secretive that only a few people knew about it.

The security officers spotted her on the Promenade deck, they quickly and quietly made their way up the winding staircase as they splinted through the crowd of people walking along not paying any attention to what was going on. Nicky withdrew her Ruger.22 gripping in her hands.

She squeezed the trigger on the suppressed Rugger and fired some rounds at the assassins coming toward her. They fired some shots back at her. People started to panicked rushing away. She slipped her Rugger back into her shoulder holster, waited for the right moment until they got close.

She delivered a Tiger claw strike to the assassin's face gouging his eyes that knocked him unconscious pivoting she pivoted as the one of the assassins came at her saying"Who the fuck sent you"

The assassin said"You'll never know"

Nicky delivered the Knife hand strike the assassin neck knocking him out cold. She was getting nowhere with these assassins. She got down on her knees and searched the assassinsPockets finding no idea on them. They definitely were security officers for sure, which meant that they were hired guns from Victor Kenton.

She strolled down the winding staircase trying to figure who mole the inside the CIA. Then she remembered Kayleigh walking into her room at the hotel after she was done talking on the phone.

Wait a minute she thought all that she was that Kayleigh was working for the Malta Security Service. And she knew who she was. But not about their black ops group. So did that mean there two moles? Shit though Nicky this was not good at all. Jennifer was her roommate in her cabin.

Whoever this Jennifer was she had a feeling that she was more than assistant cruise director.She quickly exited out of the back door of the site

She walked down into the plaza as she made through some people standing around and visiting.Then she ventured down another staircase that was only for crew members and walked down the hall to her cabin.She entered strolling over to her cabin she noticed that Jennifer was gone.

Which was good she thought .

She grabbed her laptop and opened it typing her in password. Then she scrolled up to the screen the Duchess cruise line company website and she did what she did best which was hacking. She got into through the back door that she created.Then she scrolled up to file in their system and clicked on it.

Confidential

Duchess cruise line Corporation

Operational status: Enchanted Duchess

Security: They had recruited and hired by Victor Kenton to watch over his cargo on the ship in case any of the problems and Ordered to shoot to kill.

Crew members: Assistant cruise director Jennifer Lynd had been hired by Duchess company and also The Sandino Family. She is a Free-lance contractor for Aegis Security and Investigation red team

She typed in a couple of commands and found it. Before she knew it she was. She scrolled up to a file name that Red team and clicked it on. Suddenly a warning flash onto the screen. She froze.

The screen read Warning you are entering an authorized site that is highly classified and is restricted to the United States National Security Co-ordination team(NSCT).

What the fuck she thought. Who and what she was dealing with? And most important How was Victor Kenton connected to the Red Team. She needed those answers. Typed in the name Jennifer Lynd on the screen.

Three minutes later another screen flashed on. Okay now she was getting somewhere. She clicked on it. The File flashed onto the screen as she read studying it closely.

Classified

Name: Jennifer Lynd

Operational Status: Former secret service agent free-lance assassin security consultant

Background: Trained in hand in hand combat and weaponry. She is extremely dangerous hired by Victor Kenton.

She typed in the name Leslie Alexis on the screen to see what she could see find just in case. Five minutes later a file flashed onto the screen. She clicked on it as it came onto the screen.

Top secret

Name: Leslie Alexis

Operational Status: security consultant for Aegis, CIA asset, and cleaner for the Raptor.

Background: She was trained as a cleaner but also in weaponry. She was hired by the Director of Intelligence Laurette Hamilton and Susan Hart from Aegis Security and Investigation.

Just then Nicky heard some footsteps approaching fast to the room. Jennifer Ventured gripping in her hands a high-powered Browning in hands. Her eyes were vacant brutal and cold as she said"Don't move or I drop you in a second"

Nicky said"You think your just a former secret service agent turned assassin, let's see how you are"

She dropped her laptop as she withdrew her suppressed Ruger but before she takes a shot Jennifer delivered an elbow knocking the Rugger out of her hand. Nicky rebounded with a stomp kick to her knee joint knocking out Jennifer cold. She grabbed her Rugger and slipped back into her shoulder holster. 

Nicky got on her knees searched Jennifer Lynd pockets, there was Id on her. Which made perfect sense too because she was an assassin. She started to wonder who the hell this Victor Kenton was? So this was assassin ex-secret service agent that her got thinking?

She started to wonder if Jennifer Lynd had been on President Roberts protection detail.

Nicky knew that many Secret Service agents had gone into Corporate security to guard VIPS, and managing risks of multinational companies. There had to be a connection to Victor Kenton she thought. But what was it? She had to check the ship itinerary of where they stopping at.

She picked up her laptop and clicked on the screen as it lid up. Then she scrolled up tot the Enchanted Duchess ports that it was going people on the ship. There was one name that caught her eye. That was Livorno Italy.A course Florence. It was beginning to make sense to her now.

She closed her laptop placed it down on the table near the wall, strolling out of her cabin she decided to go for a walk around the ship to see if she anyone suspicious. She ventured up the corridor to the staircase, and walked up the staircase.

She sauntered out into the Plaza that was filled with people walking around. If there more security officers on Victor Kenton payroll she didn't see. She wanted to make contact with Lex and Orleana to tell them what she found. But she knew couldn't she was in deep cover.

She had to figure out how Victor Kenton was loading the paintings and relics from the Uffizi Museum and gallery onto the ship.

She walked around the Plaza blending into a crowd of people she kept one eye the security that appeared to be talking to someone. She couldn't make out who was it but whatever saying. After a while she strolled over to the panoramic lift.

As she glanced back seeing the two security rushing over toward where she was.she quickly pressed the up button, and her with left hand she reached across into her shoulder holster to grab her Ruger.22 in an instant

The doors slid open she quickly stepped into the lift as the security officers withdrew their high-powered Browning.9mm from their shoulder holster. Too she thought. They were probably hired assassins.

Which would explain why they rushed over withTheir weapons pointed at her. She knew that she was getting close to something. A few minutes later the doors opened on the Lido deck as she ventured out glancing back to see the security officers had followed her.

She strolled by the World fresh MarketPlace as she grabbed the door handle as she opened it and walked onto the balcony. The breeze felt on her face she looked around the deck seeing people watching movies under the stars, and others in the hot tub.

The security officers placed their suppressed high-powered browning back into their shoulder holster. One of the security officers pushed the button saying she's probably head for the Lido deck we'll get her there"

Three seconds later the doors slid open they entered. The security officer reached into his pocket and punched in the number for Victor Kenton. He knew that Mr.Kenton wouldn't be happy to hear that Nicky Storm had gotten away from them.

Victor felt his Samsung Galaxy buzz in his pocket in his button three-button suit. He reached into his pocket and took clicking the accept button on before he spoke"Yes Tell me that you have eliminated Nicky Storm for good"

The security officer said"No Mr.Kenton she got away us plus Conrad and Jennifer are dead she killed them"

There was some silence before he spoke again this Nicky Storm is no photographer and killed two of his best assassins. He had learned from his asset inside the CIA that Nicky Storm was a hacker and assassin he thought

Victor said"Listen here I want here I want her dead understand me"

The security officer said"Don't worry Mr.Kenton we'll get her"

Victor said"You better or I"ll have send someone to handle it"

The security officer end the call on his burner and slipped it back into his office as the doors opened on the Lido deck. They walked out strolled the corridor as they passed the buffet court making their way over to the doors. The security officer grabbed the door as they ventured out onto the deck while they withdrew their suppressed pistols gripping them in their hands.

Nicky gripped her Ruger .22 in both of her hands, pulled the trigger as she fired a couple more rounds at the security officers then quickly sprinted down the deck and across the glass skywalk through some people.

The security officers rushed after her but lost track of her. She slowly pivoted leveled her suppressed Ruger at them. She had them her in crosshairs. There no people in her way so it was good. She fired two more rounds at them as the bullets dropped them to the ground.

Nicky wondered if Director Hamilton was aware that there was a mole inside the CIA. She slipped her suppressed pistol back into her shoulder holster. After that she picked up bodies as the burner fell out of the pocket. She tossed the bodies into the cold ocean and then grabbed the burner looking at it.

Nicky picked up the burner from the deck as she punched in the number on the screen holding it up hear and looking around to see if any spotted any other assassins around.

There was none. She was getting furious, and pissed This Victor Kenton had tried to kill her twice.

Victor felt his Samsung Galaxy buzz in his pocket inside his suit. He reached into his pocket pulling out his phone and looked at the number knowing that it was one of the assassins on the ship. He clicked the accept button before he spoke.

Victor said"Tell me that Nicky Storm dead"

Nicky said"I hate to disappoint you but I'm not all your assassins that dispatch to terminate me is dead you don't know who don't who you're messing with Mr.Kenton"

Victor said"Yes I know about you Nicky or is Nikita you see I have assets inside the SVR that told me about you, so I well aware of who I dealing with. Next time I won't miss I promise you that"

Nicky snapped"You underestimated me Mr.Kenton that is your big mistake and were going to bring you and your black market down for good"

Victor laughed and said"That your wrong Nicky you no idea who I am and what I can do"

Nicky ended the call on the burner as she threw it over the railing of the deck into the cold blue ocean. Right now she had figured why a former secret service agent was working for Victor Kenton, and who the mole was inside the CIA. Somehow her cover had been compromised and blown.

It was getting late so she decided to go back to her cabin to get some rest. Tomorrow was going to be a busy day.

She walked back down the deck to the doors opening them and walked down the corridor to the panoramic lifts. She pushed the button and waited. There were too many coincidences here that she didn't believe in. She wasn't going to start hacking into the Secret Service mainframe to find out more about Jennifer Lynd.

The doors opened she stepped. The best source President Roberts or Director Hamilton. Still there was the question of how Red Team involved. She had heard of them before and had been asked to join before she went to work for the black ops group by Director Hamilton.

 She walked out into the Plaza again after that she ventured down the stairs to the crew cabin and walked down the corridor to her cabin. The one thing she had to admit was that she liked working with Lex. Although he was a man of action that's what they needed on the team.Someone to get things down.

She walked into her cabin closing the door behind her went over to the bed and laid down on it. Her features turning into a taciturn mask of cold and brutal.

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

655 87 18
- A young girl is set to marry a man of status and repute but ends up in the clutches of his enemies with no means of escape.
58 3 9
Marco, a devil himself at the age of 24. His parents' tragic deaths at a young age left him scarred, causing him to build walls around his emotions...
155 15 9
[ONGOING] Stefano Fernadez - an irresistible, powerful heir. Bianca Russi - a gorgeous but dangerous heiress. But they're no usual nobility. No, wher...
Mine Od RRCreations9

Mystery / Thriller

261 67 17
Mafia Princess Ariana, who is an assassin, also known as the famous Black Hand. What happens when she crosses path with world's deadly man, when unex...