Caged~ Criminal Minds

By naydoug

Naomi Watson is apart of the FBI Behavioral Analysis Unit Cover by @atolla More

Cast
Thank You
Extreme Aggressor
Compulsion
Won't Get Fooled Again
Plain Sight
Broken Mirror
L.D.S.K
The Fox
Natural Born Killer
Derailed
The Popular Kids
Blood Hungry
What Fresh Hell
Poison
Riding The Lightning
Unfinished Business
The Tribe
A Real Rain
Somebody's Watching
Machismo
Charm and Harm
Secrets and Lies
The Fisher King: Part 1
The Fisher King: Part 2
P911
The Perfect Storm
Psychodrama
Aftermath
The Boogeyman
North Mammon
Empty Planet
The Last Word
Lessons Learned
Sex, Birth, Death
Profiler, Profiled
No Way Out
The Big Game
Revelations
Fear and Loathing
Distress
Jones
Ashes and Dust
Honor Among Thieves/ Open Season
Legacy
No Way Out, Part 2: The Evolution Of Frank
Season 3
Doubt
In Birth and Death
Scared To Death
Children Of The Dark
Seven Seconds
About Face
Identity
Lucky
Penelope
True Night
Birthright
3rd Life
Limelight
Damaged
A Higher Power
Elephant's Memory
In Heat
The Crossing
Tabula Rase
Lo-FI
Season 4
Mayhem
The Angel Maker
Minimal Loss
Paradise
Catching Out
The Instincts
Memoriam
Masterpiece
52 Pickup
Normal
Soul Mates
Bloodline
Cold Comfort
Zoe's Reprise
Pleasure Is My Business
Demonology
Omnivore
House On Fire
Conflicted
A Shade Of Grey
The Big Wheel
Roadkill
Amplification
To Hell...And Back (1)
To Hell...And Back (2)
Season 5
Nameless, Faceless
Haunted
Reckoner
Hopeless
Cradle To Grave
The Eyes Have It
The Performer
Outfoxed
100
The Slave Of Duty
Retalliation
The Uncanny Valley
Risky Business
Parasite
Public Enemy
Mosley Lane
Solitary Man
The Fight
Rite Of Passage
...A Thousand Words
Exit Wounds
The Internet Is Forever
Our Darkest Hour
Sequel
Sequel pt2.
New Story
New Story

Brother's In Arms

1.6K 21 2
By naydoug

Commander: "Earlier this evening, the Phoenix police force lost two of our own. Sergeant Manuel Rodriguez and officer Thomas Kayser were killed in the line of duty."

Jordan: "That's 3 officers in the past 4 days. After the first shooting, the Phoenix police department assumed gang involvement." she says silencing the tv as she passes out files for everybody

Rossi: "Pretty reasonable assumption."

Jordan: "True. almost 30% of all officer slayings are gang related."

Reid: "Technically it's closer to 40%. If a cop isn't killed during a commission of a crime, gang involvement is highly likely."

Jordan: "Actually, their precinct commander believes it may be a serial and has asked for our help."

Rossi: "What makes him doubt the gang theory?"

Jordan: "A couple of things. Last night's victims were killed exactly thme way as the first."

Hotch: "Shot in the neck."

Jordan: "Something that the press didn't release."

Emily: "Well, now, wait. There could still be a gang behind this. Killers working together could establish the same M.O."

Jordan: "Commander marks hasn't ruled it out, but there's another detail-"

Watson: "Trophies. Killer took their badges."

Morgan: "Gang members don't usually take trophies. They don't need to. This is an unsub with something to prove."

Hotch: "And he's got the entire city on edge."

Emily: "Kill those who protect and serve, and no one feels safe."

On The Plane 

Morgan: "We are all brothers under the skin. And I for one would be willing to skin humanity to prove it." Ayn Rand."

Hotch: "Go ahead, Garcia."

Garcia: "Ok, while you birds have been in the air, I got the 411 on the first shooting. Apparently, every saturday night, Phoenix P.D. sets up a DUI checkpoint."

Emily: "Is that common knowledge?"

Garcia: "Mais, oui. Public awareness is part of the deterrent. So our unsub blows past said checkpoint at 90 mph, and is pursued by a officer Jason Kessinger. Kessinger pulls the car over, approaches the driver's side window, where he is shot in the throat" she says before sighing out sadly "Mon dieu. He was a single parent, 2 daughters."

Rossi: "So, the unsub planned ahead, used the dui stop to set his trap, and then lured the officer to his death."

Emily: "It could have been personal. The unsub might have had a problem with these particular officers."

Hotch: "Or with law enforcement in general. He's sending a message."

Reid: "Criminals, gang members, academy washouts, security rent a cops, teenagers, and that's just a start. I mean, the list of people who have a problem with police officers is a long one."

Morgan: "The victims were shot in the neck, so the unsub knew they'd be wearing body armor."

Watson: "And he used a DUI checkpoint. I mean, both incidents show an active understanding of police procedure."

Morgan: "Which narrows it down to anybody who watches television."

Hotch: "We need to cover victimology. Garcia, find out everything you can about the officers killed, see what they had in common besides their uniforms."

Garcia: "Will do, but I should warn you, it will not be cake because I have been on the phone with these guys all morning and pulling files from them has been like pulling molars."

Hotch: "Is there a problem?"

Garcia: "You know, aside from the obvious grief for their fallen compadres, and their fear of being used as target practice, I get the distinct impression from their crabby behavior, they are none too pleased their boss is outsourcing this investigation to the FBI, so...be prepared to hit a blue wall of resistance."

Hotch: "Commander Marks, I'm SSA Hotchner. This is agent Todd."

Jordan: "Hi."

Hotch: "Agents Rossi, Prentiss, Morgan, Watson and Dr. Spencer Reid. Thank you for inviting us."

Commander: "And thank you all for coming. Although I'd like to have a word if you don't mind."

Hotch: "Of course" he says before turning to the others "Excuse me."

Commander: "Uh, Lieutenant Evans" he calls out to the man "Lieutenant Evans will answer any questions the rest of you may have. This way."

Lieutenant: "Sorry, that was officer Kayser's wife" he says coming over to them "They'd only been married a couple of months. She seems to think that the FBI is here to save the day. Is that what you're going to do, agents?"

Lieutenant: "See, this is twelve's territory." he says when they arrive at the recent crime scene 

Emily: "And you think they're behind this?"

Lieutenant: "Does it matter?"

Emily: "Yes, it matters to us, Lieutenant. You know this city and its gangs better than we do. We'd like to hear your theories."

Lieutenant: "Ok, twelves has a captain. Street name Playboy. Vice broke up a drug ring. Shot his brother, DOA. Playboy thought he would kill us all."

Morgan: "Well, it is pretty strong motivation, but your commander said the dash cam only showed one attacker most 'bangers will bring some back-up just in case."

Lieutenant: "Well, Playboy runs the toughest crew in town. He's not "most 'bangers."

Watson: "Well, you said the dash cam only showed one attacker. Why show your face at all?"

Morgan: "Because he had to. He wanted to take them both out at the house, but they broke protocol. Rodriguez approached the house by himself."

Lieutenant: "Wait a minute. Are you telling me they screwed up?"

Morgan: "No, Lieutenant, I'm saying that they split up, forcing the unsub to take them out separately, one here at the house and one at the car."

Watson: "That front unit's empty. He could have set himself up there and waited. The element of surprise was on his side."

Morgan: "Choice of neighborhood was deliberate. Neighbors around here are used to hearing gunfire. They'll blame it on the gangs, and so will the police."

Emily: "At least now, everyone with force knows he's out there. It'll be harder for him to lure someone into his trap."

Morgan: "Well, not necessarily. Being a cop is always dangerous, but even with the extra back-up and rover cars added to the shifts, Phoenix P.D..'s still going to have to do their job. Which means walking into a potential ambush every time they take a call."

Officer: "He set us up. We knew he was out there, he still managed to set us up." he says when they arrive at the recent crime scene and Morgan and Watson go to talk to him

Morgan: "I'm sorry."

Officer: "I watched my partner die, and I couldn't do anything to save him."

Lieutenant: "Don't worry, Ron. Playboy's going to pay for this."

Watson: "You saw Playboy there?"

Officer: "No, but-"

Lieutenant: "We all know he did it, agents."

Morgan: "No, we don't. Lieutenant, you think I don't know how bad you want this guy? I was a uniform just like you. I saw a lot of cops go down. Before that, I watched my father get shot. He was killed doing his job, a cop's job, so don't think I don't know."

Watson: "Officer Mercer, what happened when you got the call?"

Officer: "Nothing special. Report of an aggravated assault. We were on it."

Morgan: "This your regular beat?"

Officer: "We were additional tonight, added because of the shootings."

Watson: "Did you get a look at the guy?"

Officer: "Nothing. I was too damn scared. I'm still scared."

Morgan: "You're not the only one." he says as another officer comes over to give the officer his partners hat and he looks inside of it to see a picture of a woman and her kid 

Officer: "My partner's family. What am I going to tell them?"

Morgan: "The only thing you can tell them-that we're going to catch the guy who did this.  But the right guy." he says patting him on the shoulder before the two walk away 

Rossi: "Anything?"

Morgan: "We can forget cross referencing. These guys were just assigned this beat. There's no way the unsub could have known they'd get the call."

Watson: "He's using the 9-1-1 calls like a lottery. He's picking cops at random."

Rossi: "And yet there's nothing random about the shootings. Each scenario has been increasingly complex."

Morgan: "He's enjoying the hunt. Taking the time to set his victims up and luring them into his net. It's become as important to him as the kill itself."

Emily: "And this last one he executed while the FBI and every cop in the city was after him."

Morgan And the press...their attention's feeding him. Playing right into the unsub's need to feel superior." he says when a news van arrives 

Rossi: "The press is not our only problem." he says looking over at the small group of officer standing away from them

Watson: "These guys are still trying to pin the shootings on a gangbanger named Playboy."

Rossi: "I have a feeling we're not going to be able to hold them off much longer."

Man: "Lighten up, man. I'm telling you, I didn't do it."

Lieutenant: "Yeah? Well, I got a magic eight ball that says you did, Playboy." he says as he drags the man into the station in handcuffs 

Hotch: "Commander, what's going on?"

Commander: "What's going on is my officers are being shot in the streets and crucified by the press. That's what's going on."

Hotch: "So you've arrested the wrong person?"

Commander: "I brought in a viable suspect for questioning. I had to do something."

Hotch: "Commander, I understand the pressure you're under, but doing this could undermine the investigation."

Reid: "Bringing in another suspect draws attention away from the real unsub. If he starts to feel inadequate, he may strike sooner just to prove himself."

Rossi: "It's also possible accusing one of their members could antagonize local gangs, which is the last thing your officers need to be worrying about right now."

Commander: "All right, look. I told you guys I was out on a limb here, so unless you have a suspect..."

Morgan: "Hotch. Since we've got this guy, why don't we see if we can use him? You mind if I talk to him?"

Commander: "Be my guest."

Hotch: "Commander, I appreciate your letting agent Morgan join the interrogation, but I promise you, this is not our unsub. The real killer's still out there." he says as they get back to work 

Rossi: "They have the shooter cornered in an apartment building downtown."

Hotch: "Dave, stay with Morgan, see what this guy has to offer. Watson and Prentiss, you're with me."

Lieutenant: "He's in there?" he asks when they arrive at the scene 

Officer: "Yeah, we got him cornered. Men on both floors and the entrances."

Watson: "You know this guy?"

Officer: "Yeah, a banger called Diablo. He's one of the Lindo park assassins. Daws followed him here."

Lieutenant: "He all right?" he asks seeing the man on a stretcher

Officer: "He'll live. He's a lucky bastard."

Hotch: "We'd like to talk to Daws, if you don't mind."

Officer: "All right, ok, stay down." he says as they run over to the ambulance 

Hotch: "Sergeant Daws."

Emily: "I'm special agent Emily Prentiss, this is SSA Hotchner and Watson."

Hotch: "What happened?"

Daws: "He killed my partner."

Watson: "We're sorry."

Daws: "We were stopped at a light. Bastard came right up to the window. Shot Scotty in the head, then shot me."

Emily: "Wait a minute."

Hotch: "There was no radio call?"

Daws: "No. came out of nowhere. Guess he thought he'd bagged us both. Luckily, a truck came. He ran. I called it in, managed to tail him here."

Emily: "Ok, thank you, Sergeant."

Hotch: "It doesn't track."

Watson: "No, it was a blitz attack."

Hotch: "Let's go" he says as they run back over to the other two cops "Let us go in and try to talk him down."

Officer: "No, hold on" he says before calling into the radio "What's going on?"

Man: "I've got movement. Looks like Ramey and Wilhelm are inside the apartment. Attempting to apprehend." they hear just before a shot goes off and a man falls through the window onto the ground

Emily: "What the hell happened in there?" she asks after everything calms down around the scene 

Hotch: "Daws said it's a blitz attack. It's a different M.O."

Watson: "Yeah, and this was done in broad daylight."

Hotch: "It's not our guy" he shakes his head and his phone rings "Yeah, Morgan, what have you got?"

Morgan: "Well, Playboy's Lieutenant was shot in the neck with a .357 magnum. Could have been our guy."

Hotch: "All right, I want you to stay on it."

Morgan: "Hotch, what's going on?"

Hotch: "Nothing good" he hangs up "Garcia, I need you to pull everything you can on a Phoenix gangbanger called Diablo."

Garcia: "Muy pronto."

Commander: "Well, let's close it off here."

Hotch: "Commander, can I speak to you for a second?"

Reid: "Ballistics aren't back yet, but the preliminary M.E. reports suggest the weapon used to kill officer Beck was not a .357."

Hotch: "I spoke to Garcia. Beck arrested Diablo twice on drug charges, last time sent him away for 10 years. Diablo was just released on parole last week."

Rossi: "So Diablo went after the cop who put him away assuming it would be lumped in with the other murders. The unsub would take the fall."

Emily: "Hey, it almost worked."

Hotch: "Lieutenant, what did you find?"

Lieutenant: "Well, I pulled up that information on Playboy's lieutenant, Bobby Q."

Morgan: "There's not much there." he says looking through the file 

Lieutenant: "And you're thinking playboy was right, that we didn't pay enough attention to the case."

Watson: "Did you?"

Lieutenant: "Look, the majority of homicides in this city most times we spend time and resources following trails that all lead to the same place anyway."

Hotch: "You just assumed this was just another one of those trails."

Lieutenant: "Being in a gang shortens your life expectancy, so it's no big surprise when a gangbanger winds up dead."

Reid: "Same thing could be said about being a cop. The job involves a fair amount of risk, so a percentage of untimely deaths is practically inevitable."

Rossi: "The M.O. is the same as our unsub's. Did, um, Playboy tell you if the killer took a trophy?"

Morgan: "He said Bobby Q's necklace was missing."

Lieutenant: "Yeah, that's in the report. Big chain, solid gold. Just figured the doer took it to pawn it."

Rossi: "Or as a souvenir."

Watson: "Fits the signature."

Hotch: "He built up to this. We need to go further back. Garcia, can you pull everything in the Phoenix area that matches the same M.O. as our unsub, not just police officers."

Garcia: "Ok. So I'm searching for homicides in Phoenix in, what, the last 2 months?"

Hotch: "Make it three."

Garcia: "Got it. Murders, shootings, specifically neck wounds. Oh, I got a guy named Robert Quinones, nickname Bobby Q."

Morgan: "We already have that one. Anything else?"

Garcia: "Ah, just one more. A bouncer at a bar in downtown Phoenix, Mickey Reese. Weapon's a .357 magnum. Interesting. It says here the victim was wearing a ballistic vest. Apparently they don't serve shirley temples at this establishment."

Emily: "If the bouncer was wearing a vest, that could be how our unsub developed his M.O."

Hotch: "Send us everything you've got."

Garcia: "Sure. Done."

Morgan: "All right, we got gangbangers, bouncers and cops. All pretty tough targets; victims capable of defending themselves."

Watson: "As the unsub's sense of power escalated, so did his confidence, leading to bigger and more difficult prey."

Reid: "That makes sense. risky deaths would increase the unsub's feeling of superiority. Same thing with using a .357 magnum. It would make him feel powerful."

Emily: "Cops are at the top of that list. High profile, always on alert, and they're gonna make headlines."

Lieutenant: "Killing a gangbanger isn't easy. They're always armed, travel in packs."

Morgan: "The bouncer's the earliest. It was a pretty simple attack, no carefully thought out plan. He could have been his first victim."

Hotch: "We need to figure out where their paths crossed. Morgan, you, Rossi and the Lieutenant go check out the bar. We'll keep digging."

Morgan: "FBI, get on the ground! Get on the ground right now! Get on the ground! Get on the ground! Don't move! get down! That way, let's go." he says when they arrive at a secret fight club that the bouncer went to

Man: "Ain't breaking no laws here, officer. Agents, no matter what it looks like..."

Emily: "I think he's trying to let us know they have the right to be idiots."

Lieutenant: "They do, but not here. Listen up, folks. This warehouse is not private property. It is owned by the city, which means...y'all are going to jail. Pack 'em up, let's go."

Man: "We ain't hurting nobody, except maybe each other." he says as they handcuff him

Lieutenant: "Yeah, I feel you, but we're still taking you in."

Watson: "Unless you want to answer some questions and make all this go away."

Man: "So ask me."

Rossi: "You know this man?" he asks holding up a picture of the bouncer 

Man: "Yeah. Boom. I heard. But I didn't kill him."

Rossi: "No, but someone who came here did."

Man: "No way. Boom could take all of us."

Emily: "We aren't looking for a tough guy."

Morgan: "The man we're looking for probably lost every fight. He came in here trying to be a man. But he failed. Guy went down easily. Maybe even in his first fight. He probably reacted poorly to that. To the point where you and your boys, you ridiculed him."

Rossi: "All this led him to pick up a gun."

Man: "There was a guy. Called himself "Animal." lost every fight, but he kept coming back, getting in Boom's face, calling him out. Most guys lose big, they run home, tail between their legs. This one freaked. There's something about that hand at your throat, when you're beat. Knowing your opponent's got your whole life in his hand. Ah, it's primal, man."

Rossi: "When he lingers...that's what he's doing to his victims. Proving his power over life and death."

Morgan: "What's Animal's real name?"

Man: "There's no names here. Just nicknames. Like me. I'm Beanie."

Watson: "Well, what do you know about this Animal? Anything at all?"

Man: "Nothing. that's the way it works, you know? Don't talk about it."

Morgan: "How about a description?"

Man: "Scrawny, white trash. Thought he's a whole lot tougher than he is."

Morgan: "Get him set up with a sketch artist."

Lieutenant: "Beanie...let's go."

Emily: "So what do we do now?"

Rossi: "We don't have a lot of choices."

Watson: "Based on his escalating timeline, this guy's about to strike again soon."

Morgan: "There's really only one thing we can do."

Hotch: "Earlier today, the Phoenix police announced the suspect responsible for the deaths of 5 Phoenix officers had been caught. That is not the case. The killer is still at large. There have been quite a few mistakes made over the course mistakes that could have been avoided. As a result of this, the FBI is officially taking charge of the investigation. We have established a tip line, and a sketch of the subject is being released to the press. We encourage anyone with any information about the shooter to contact us immediately." he says on a news broadcast 

Hotch: "The man we're looking for is a narcissist desperate to prove his masculinity. He does this by going after high risk targets like gang members and police officers."

Emily: "Because he's a narcissist, this unsub will be following the investigation closely."

Reid: "By pretending to take over the investigation, we've put ourselves above the local police, thus suggesting that we're tougher to take out, and issuing the unsub a challenge that he won't be able to ignore."

Rossi: "And painting a target directly on agent Hotchner's back."

Watson: "All the attacks, with the exception of the last one, have taken place in the Twelve's territory. This is the unsub's hunting ground, and he's unlikely to stray from it."

Morgan: "Locations have multiple vanish points for the shooter, but limited access and exit routes for his victims. We'll be looking for a similar situation. This should happen very quickly."

Rossi: "Don't forget-this guy managed to take out 5 cops by himself. He's smart, and he's fearless. He won't be easy to take down."

Jordan: "Male caller. He says he knows where the unsub lives, and it fits the criteria." she says once they've finished the briefing

Reid: "2717 Gelson Avenue. It's the Twelve's territory, just off the main street. Looks like there's a series of smaller feeders and allies nearby. This could be it."

Lieutenant: "Let's go."

Hotch: "Slow down, Lieutenant. He'll be expecting us."

Morgan: "All of us. This is his last stand. He's going to want to make it count."

Lieutenant: "Yeah, well, this time we know about it and we're ready."

Rossi: "His trap could still work."

Hotch: "15th avenue and gelson. What do you know about the neighborhood?"

Lieutenant: "It's rough. lots of dead-end streets, allies. Major cross street, 17th."

Hotch: "Residential? Any businesses at all?"

Lieutenant: "There's a gas station a couple of blocks down, but that's about it."

Reid: "Hey, Garcia?"

Garcia: "Yes?"

Reid: "Can you get us a satellite image of 15th avenue and Gelson?"

Garcia: "But of course. Ok, real time satellite image shows...not a whole heck of a lot. I've got a 2-story apartment building, no activity of any kind, no cars out in front. Oh, there's a car down the street. No heat registering, engine must be cool. Satellite monitoring the last 12 hours is like library-quiet. A truck and 2 cars left in the a.m., nothing came in."

Reid: "Thank you, Garcia. All right, there's a major street in front on the east side, an ally, and 2 smaller streets to the north and south right here."

Hotch: "Lieutenant, commander, I need a sniper here and here. Once they're set, the bulk of the squad cars can approach from the south, and the rest of us from the east very quietly. From this point forward, everybody goes in on foot. Morgan, you Watson, and I go in first. Rossi and Prentiss behind us. Jordan, you and Reid stay here and work the tip line."

Garcia: "Stay safe, my loves."

Emily: "Thanks, Garcia."

When they arrive at the apartment, Hotch, Watson, and Morgan head inside along with some SWAT members as the other officers wait outside

Man: "Clear! Clear!"

Commander: "False alarm." he says when they come out of the apartment

Hotch: "We knew we'd get some."

Lieutenant: "What now?"

Hotch: "We wait. You might want to split your officers into shifts. It could be a long night."

When arriving back at the station they were able to trick the unsub and arrest

Morgan: "Not this time. You're done. Let's go." he says cuffing him before taking him into the station

The team is outside watching as the cops take go to take the unsub away

Man: "No, Playboy!" he yells out as a gunshot rings out and they all duck down a little while reaching for their guns as they turn to see the unsub drop dead and officers take Playboy away

Morgan: "For he today who sheds his blood with me shall be my brother." William Shakespeare."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

841K 31.4K 134
𝗔𝗻𝗼𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝗱𝗮𝘆 𝗯𝗿𝗶𝗻𝗴𝘀 𝗮𝗻𝗼𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝗰𝗮𝘀𝗲 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗕𝗔𝗨. 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝘁𝗲𝗮𝗺 𝘁𝗿𝗮𝘃𝗲𝗹𝘀 𝘁𝗼 𝗦𝗲𝗮𝘁𝘁𝗹𝗲 𝘁𝗼 𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝘀𝘁...
97.7K 2K 21
"Just when I couldn't take it anymore, when the world took everything out of me, I found her." - S.R.
171K 2.3K 124
Naomi Watson is apart of the FBI Behavioral Analysis Unit pt.2 Sequel to Caged
362K 6.1K 43
derek morgan fanfiction. julianna mae hotchner, the daughter of ssa aaron hotchner, starts her first day as a profiler at the behavioral analysis uni...