Profiler, Profiled

JJ: "Nothing's happening

JJ: "Nothing's happening." she says as they stand around Reid's desk
Reid: "Watch." he says just as the rocket he made fires and ends up hitting Emily in the head 
Garcia: "Ah!" 
Emily: "Ooh ah,what-?"
Reid: "I'm so sorry, Emily."
Emily: "What was that?"
Garcia: "Don't you recognize a rocket when you see one?"
Reid: "I-I was merely demonstrating a physics law I-I-I didn't meant to hit-"
Emily: "Oh, show me." she says excitedly coming over to them 
Reid: "Alright...uh well, turn around, please."
Emily: "Turn around?"
Watson: "Yeah, he's not gonna show you how it's done." she says rolling her eyes while turning her back towards him 
Reid: "A magician doesn't reveal his secrets."
Emily: "But I thought you said it was physics."
Reid: "Physics magic..."
Garcia: "Trust me It will not do you any good to argue with him." she says as he quickly prepares it 
Reid: "All right, all right, turn back and observe." he says as they watch it bubble up before it fires landing in front of Hotch 
All: "Oh."
Hotch: "Physics magic?" he says picking it up and walking towards Reid as the woman pretend to be busy 
Reid: "Yes, sir."
Hotch: "Reid, we talked about this."
Reid: "I'm sorry, sir." 
Hotch: "Really starting to get some distance on those." he says putting the top back on Reid's desk as they smile at each other 
Emily: "So he does have a sense of humor."
Reid: "Sometimes."
Emily: "Hey, where's Morgan?"
Watson: "In Chicago. He goes there every year for his mother's birthday."

Morgan: "All secrets deep, all secrets become dark that's in the nature of secrets " Writer, Cory Doctorow."

The next day Hotch gets a call saying how Morgan got arrested for a homocide and the team quickly heads to Chicago

Hotch: "Special agent Hotchner, FBI I'm looking for Detective Gordinski."
Wally: "I got this, Chuck. How you guys doing Wally Dennison, CPD."
Hotch: "Where's agent Morgan?"
Wally: "Detective Gordinski's in with the suspect now."
Hotch: "I need to see him."
Wally: "When my partner's finished talking to him." he says looking at Hotch smugly 
Hotch: "I have your superintendent's personal cell number, and in the interest of not running roughshod over another police agency I've resisted calling him so far I need to see agent Morgan now."
Wally: "I'll get Gordinski. He's the, uh, primary."
Gideon: "I don't like them calling him a suspect." he says as the man walks away from them
Hotch: "Me neither."

Detective: "Detective Gordinski, CPD." he says coming over to shake Hotch's hand
Hotch: "You think an FBI agent, a BAU profiler committed a homicide?"
Detective: "Actually, three homicides at least, over 15 years."
JJ: "You-you think he's a serial killer?"
Reid: "This is ridiculous."
Hotch: "Has he been charged with anything?"
Detective: "I got 72 hours for that."
Hotch: "I'd like to see him."
Detective: "Be my guest."
Wally: "This way." he says leading Hotch to the interrogation room 
Detective: "Agent Gideon, right?"
Gideon: "Yes."
Detective: "I owe you a big thank you I had no suspects at all until you looked over my case for me and sent me this profile. Everything in it points to that son of a bitch, Derek Morgan."
Gideon: "I profiled him?" he asks looking at the file
Detective: "It's all right there."
Reid: "Detective, a profile's just a guide."
Detective: "Yeah, this one guided me to him."
Watson: "They're really more useful in the elimination of suspects rather than the inclusion."
Detective: "That's not the way you presented it to me."
Gideon: "Well, if I confused you, I'm sorry."
Detective: "I'm not confused at all."
Gideon: "Look,whatever it is in here that made you consider agent Morgan a suspect has to be coincidence. You can't rely solely on this."
Detective: "You're right, I'm not. 15 years ago I was a new detective. One of my first cases was a black kid 12 or 13 years old. Strangled in a vacant lot near here."
Gideon: "Boy was a john doe, right?"
Detective: "Still unidentified to this day."
Watson: "Wait, a 12-year-old kid that no one reported missing?"
Detective: "Ever. Four years ago, another body turns up, same M.O. Worked that case just as hard, came up with just as much nothing. Nobody in the area had ever seen the kid before."
JJ: "No one's looking for these kids."
Detective: "Then a few months back, I attended a seminar that you taught at CPD headquarters I told you about my case, you said to send you the files and you'd look 'em over. This is the profile you worked up. There are about 3 million people in Chicago. Your profile said I was looking for a black male, 25 to 35, with a knowledge of the area. Nonthreatening to children, either knows them or is normal enough that he doesn't scare them. A probable criminal record. It also said the way the body was placed gently on a mattress, not just tossed on the ground, indicated someone who was probably consumed with guilt, especially for the first victim. Your exact words are "with a guilt-ridden offender," the BAU postulates the first victim is the most important " and the unsub may still visit the place of the crime or even the victim himself." Care to guess who visits my first victim every time he's in town Gideon."
Gideon: "Can't be just visiting the victim. There has to be more than that."
Detective: "Sure You said the unsub might try to inject himself into the investigation to keep tabs on it Morgan has called our headquarters many times since he joined the Bureau. Always about this case."
Reid: "So, wait, he talked to you about it?"
Detective: "Headquarters. He'd never call me. After I got your profile, I checked airline records. Turns out Derek had just left Chicago when the other body turned up. Then yesterday another kid ends up dead and the last person he was with was Derek Morgan. In the boy's pocket we found one of his FBI business cards, his cell number written on the back of it, In fact, every time Morgan's in town, he hangs out with kids."
JJ: "This is all just coincidence."
Detective: "A hell of a lot of coincidences."
Emily: "It's purely circumstantial."
Detective: "So's a fingerprint. Did I mention that Morgan found the body in 1991. Hidden way back in a vacant lot. Now, don't you teach that when a body is hard to find, the person finding it is always a suspect?"
Reid: "There are key pieces of the profile that don't fit, detective. Uh, the age, 25 to 35, Morgan was 15 or so at the time."
Detective: "Also says that age is the hardest to predict, and I should never exclude someone simply because of a discrepancy with the age."
Watson: "What about the speculation that since he didn't manage to leave any evidence at the scene of the crime and he most likely has a criminal record or previous law enforcement knowledge. Derek wasn't even in the Bureau yet when the first body was found."
Detective: "He may not have had a knowledge of law enforcement but Derek Morgan definitely had a criminal record." he says shocking everyone with the information