The Angel Maker

JJ: "This is Delilah Grennan

JJ: "This is Delilah Grennan. She was bludgeoned and raped during the night at her home in lower Canaan, Ohio."

Emily: "Lower where?"

JJ: "Small town 40 miles outside of Cincinnati."

Reid: "Staging the body face-up with the arms across the chest like that."

Morgan: "Ritual. Nice hair, by the way." he flings a piece of his hair in front of his eyes

Reid: "Thanks."

JJ: "Uh, there's more. Small puncture wounds on her stomach. Note the lack of blood."

Watson: "They were inflicted post-mortem. Were there any other victims?"

JJ: "Kind of. Victimology and signature match a serial killer from the same town 10 years ago-6 victims spanning over 10 months. He called himself-"

Hotch: "The angel maker. I remember the case."

Reid: "They caught that guy."

Rossi: "And executed him."

JJ: "That's right. He was put to death by lethal injection a year ago yesterday."

Emily: "Yesterday."

Morgan: "So we're looking for a copycat."

Rossi: "Honoring the anniversary of his hero's death."

Reid: "It says here they found semen at the crime scene. Perhaps locals will get a dna match when they run it through vicap?"

JJ: "Well, that's where it gets weird. They ran it already and they got a match, too." she says handing Rossi the paper

Emily: "Well, if they already have a name, why'd they call us?"

Rossi: "They've got to be kidding. The match they got back on the DNA is to a Cortland Bryce Ryan, otherwise known as...The angel maker." he says as they look back at the photo of the man on the screen

Hotch: ""We all die. "The goal isn't to live forever. The goal is to create something that will." Chuck Palahniuk."

On The Plane

Reid: "The angel maker's victims were beaten with the assailant's bare hands. Delilah Grennan was bludgeoned with a heavy instrument, maybe a hammer."

Morgan: "Ok, so this unsub's a weaker guy, but at least someone who perceives himself that way."

Emily: "So he brought along the hammer to make certain his victim wouldn't fight back?"

Rossi: "They have parachutes on-board, right?"

Reid: "They should. It's standard on all federal air transport."

Rossi: "Maybe we can give one to the elephant in the room, get him out of here?"