Machismo

JJ: "Allende Del Sol, Mexico, population 20,000

JJ: "Allende Del Sol, Mexico, population 20,000. The victim is Lupe Trejo. 62. She was found in her home, stabbed in the face, chest and genitals. The papers down there connected her murder to 11 others in the past 2 years, all elderly women. They're saying it's the work of a serial killer."

Gideon: "The Mexican government disagrees."

Hotch: "What kind of city is this?"

JJ: "Half factory town, half tourist town, the factory makes the tchochkes and clothes that tourists buy. And even though the murders have happened in the poor neighborhoods where the locals live-"

Watson: "Serial killers make lousy tourist attractions."

JJ: "Yeah."

Elle: "So if the government denies that this is a serial killer, why'd they call us?"

JJ: "They have suspect in custody, the victim's son. Were the serial killer experts? They want us to go down there and confirm that this was just a one time killing. Put the serial killer angle to bed."

Morgan: "So we're going all the way down there just to prove they don't have a serial killer."

Gideon: "Maybe. Or we're going down there to tell him if what I've read in the mexican papers is true they've got one of the worst serial killers the country's ever seen, let's go" he says as they head out and he turns to see Hotch debating something "Hotch. Call from the car."

Hotch: "Anthony Brandt wrote "Other things may change us, but we start and end with family."

JJ: "Hey. At least you get to spend your birthday weekend in Mexico."

Hotch: "Yeah, what's dog-house in spanish?"

Reid: ""La ca-sa del pair-o."

Elle: "La casita del perro."

Reid: "That's what I said."

Elle: "Face it, chicko. You're only a genius in English."

Morgan: "You speak Spanish? Since when?"

Elle: "I'm full of hidden mysteries."

JJ: "All right, so why are there so few serial killers in Mexico?"

Hotch: "They probably have as many as we do,but they document almost none of them."

JJ: "Why is that?"

Gideon: "It's the Chikatilo Syndrome."

JJ: "The what?"

Reid: "Andre Chikatilo, one of the most prolific serial killer of the 20th century. By the time they found him, he had killed more than 50 people."

Gideon: "He was no more experienced than any average serial killer, but he lived in the Soviet Ukraine. The Soviets were convinced, the serial killer is a uniquely American phenomenon. Inevitable result of decadent capitalism."