Jones

JJ: "We've got a serial killer in New Orleans who killed at least 3 men pre-Katrina

JJ: "We've got a serial killer in New Orleans who killed at least 3 men pre-Katrina. Until now, the New Orleans police department Believed that the serial killer died in the storm."
Morgan: "What's happened to tell them otherwise?"
JJ: "A fourth body was found in the french quarter last night. Same M.O. Another male. Throat slashed, eviscerated."
Emily: "A year and a half? That's a long cooling-Off period. Are we sure this is the same unsub?"
JJ: "He claims to be. He sent a letter to William Lamontagne, the head detective on the case."
Gideon: "Does Lamontagne have any leads?"
JJ: "He died in Katrina. His son is actually leading the case now."
Watson: "Hmm. That can't be easy."
Hotch: "Well, we need to pour over the evidence from the first 3 murders and determine the pattern."
JJ: "Katrina washed everything away. The 3 victims we know of, their autopsy reports, Witness statements. DNA test results."
Reid: "So, basically, all we have to go on is the latest victim?"
JJ: "Yeah."
Hotch: "Until he kills again."

Gideon: "Robert Kennedy once said, "Tragedy is a tool for the living to gain wisdom, not a guide by which to live."

On the plane

Morgan: "Hey, Reid. What's goin' on up there?"
Reid: "I was just thinking of this old friend of mine. From Las Vegas Ethan. I'm pretty sure he lives in New Orleans now."
Watson: "Really? Gonna give him a call?"
Reid: "Grew up competing against each other in absolutely everything. Spelling bees, science fairs. We also both had our hearts set on joining the bureau, but...first day at Quantico he backed out."
Emily: "He probably just couldn't take the heat." she says jokingly
Reid: "It's not really for us to judge, is it?"
Emily: "Right. My bad." she says making Watson and Morgan give the pair a look before exchanging a glance themselves
JJ: "These are copies of the newspaper articles on the murders, dating back to early August 2005. It's all we have to go on."
Hotch: "He killed 3 times, he stopped for 18 months, then he started killing again."
Gideon: "We should have Garcia run a list of any offenders in the area. Anyone who spent the last year and a half doing time."
Reid: "Or anyone that relocated after Katrina and recently moved back."
Watson: "What is the victimology in killing a mechanic, a real estate broker, and a cook. With ages ranging from 22 to 45?"
JJ: "And this latest is a 33 year old taxi driver. They just don't seem to have very much in common."
Morgan: "Besides being male and walking the french quarter late at night."
JJ: "Which is notorious for muggings off the Main Drag."
Emily: "Yeah, but this guy isn't in a rush to flee the scene. A slaughter like this takes time."
Reid: "Andrei Chikatilo fantasized that the men he killed were his captives and then torturing and mutilating them somehow made him a hero."
Gideon: "The city's barely back to life. Something like this could cripple its psyche."
JJ: "So where do we start?"
Hotch: "Well, with no case file there's only one place we can start. At square one."

Bill: "You must be BAU. Bill Lamontagne."
JJ: "Hi. Jennifer Jareau. We spoke on the phone."
Bill: "Well, ok, then. I pictured you different."
JJ: "Uh, these are agents Gideon, Watson, and Morgan. This is detective William Lamontagne Jr."
Bill: "Appreciate you guys being here. My daddy was too stubborn to ever ask for any help."
Gideon: "Sorry for your loss. I understand you received a letter."
Bill: "Yeah. Before they were lost in Katrina, my daddy received 2 others. This one came addressed to him yesterday. They passed it on to me."
JJ: "You sure it's from the same killer?"
Gideon: "It's a detailed account of what he did to the body."
Morgan: "It'd be pretty easy to hide out in one of these alcoves, wait for the victim without ever being seen." he says looking around the area
Bill: "Yeah, all 4 murders occurred within a 10-block radius here inside the french quarter."
Watson: "On any given night, there'd have to be thousands of people walking through here from the bars."
Bill: "Tens of thousands. When I first started as a cop, I worked the quarter. It's like being in the riot squad every night. Every Sunday I'd get off work around sunrise, I'm ready to pass out, My daddy'd be waiting for me at my house. Make me drive him uptown to Frankie and Johnny's for poorboys. Called it communing with New Orleans."
Gideon: "Did your father tell you anything else about this case that we should know?"
Bill: "He tried to. But you guys should see that for yourself" he says taking them to a destroyed house and showing them a carved name on the wall "This wall is still standing where daddy carved the message right before he died. There's no doubt he's still working from the grave."
Morgan: "Jones." That name mean anything to you?"
Bill: "No. I ran it through the database against every offender in New Orleans. And you can imagine how many hits I got. But nothing came up in connection with this case."
JJ: "But in your dad's final moments, tt was the most important thing he wanted to say."
Bill: "Learned how to play the drums in this house, grew up with 2 dogs in this house. All it's gonna be now is the word "jones" carved into that wall."
Watson: "Detective, if he had written the unsub's name, I think you would have found him by now. Jones is the one piece of the puzzle that your daddy did know. He trusted you to figure out the rest."
Bill: "Yeah, I know it. But I've pored over it a thousand times and I still can't put it together. I can't get it out of my head."
JJ: "You ok?"
Bill: "Yeah. I just don't want to disappoint him."