Zoe's Reprise

Rossi: "I never teach my pupils, I only attempt to provide the conditions in which they can learn." Albert Einstein."

Watson: "No he wasn't." she says when they walk out of a coffee shop

Reid: "He was totally flirting with you."

Watson: "No. He was not."

Reid: "Yes he was."

Watson: "Ok if that..." she points back towards the shop "Is your definition of flirting then you clearly don't understand the meaning of the word."

Reid: "Oh whatever. He's always flirted with you. You just never noticed."

Watson: "What? No he didn't."

Reid: "Yeah he did. Main reason why Danny always insisted on coming to this specific coffee shop. He liked showing him how you were unavailable."

Watson: "Ok that is not true."

Reid: "I'd beg to differ." he says as she goes to answer but her phone dings with a message

Watson: "We gotta case. And were not finished with this conversation." she says as they head into the BAU

JJ: "The crimes are within a 7-mile radius."

Morgan: "Well, that's something."

Emily: "Yeah, but the neighborhoods are all completely different. They range from poor to rich, industrial to residential."

Hotch: "The physical locations are dissimilar, but the operating zone's well-defined."

Garcia: "Ok. I'm in."

Rossi: "I see you."

Garcia: "Opening your web browser for search history. Check out her home page."

Watson: "All right, so the first thing she looks at is a crime column."

Morgan: "Probably to stay current on her studies."

Rossi: "Can you see what she worked on last?"

Garcia: "Voila. These are the most recently opened documents she created."

Reid: "Looks like she was compiling empirical data about homicide trends in Cleveland."

Emily: "Do you think she knew the killer?"

Rossi: "I don't see any notes indicating suspects."

Hotch: "Well, Dave, she's a criminology student. She's been taught to analyze statistics and apply theory, not investigate killers. Let's talk about what we know."

JJ: "All right. Victim one-Travis Bartlett was last seen at a gay bar. He was shot at night in a park. Victim 2, Lily Nicks, a 34-year-old prostitute, her throat was slashed. Victims 3 and 4, June Appleby and Troy Wertsler, were shot in their car at a parking lot outside of a movie theater. And victim 5 was a 28-year-old single woman, Kayla James, killed in her home. She was bound, suffocated with a bag over her head, evidence of rape."

Watson: "And then the sixth victim was Zoe."

Reid: "Victimology, weapons used, and C.O.D. are all different. It's hard to imagine it's even the same unsub."

Rossi: "It can't be a coincidence that Zoe goes to Kayla James' house and gets murdered."

Hotch: "All right, let's say it is the same killer. Does anybody see a pattern?"

Emily: "Well, maybe. Ok, the first crime, he shoots the victim. The second crime, he rapes a woman and slashes her throat. That's more personal. And the third crime, he escalates to killing two people, and the fourth, he escalates even more by raping a woman, binding her, and suffocating her."