"I Love You."

By astronautnotfound

When Todoroki turns up on Midoriya's doorstep, crying and mentally in pain, what will Midoriya do to help his... More

Twilight Tears
Kiss the nightmares away
Bedtime Stories
Bedtime Reassurances
Midnight panic
Lover's advice
The cuts
Apologies and lunch dates
Family problems and bedroom mayhem
"It's okay, Kacchan."
Recovered
Fire and ice
"Stay awake, Todoroki."
"He's not okay."
Confrontation
"Where did Kirishima and Bakugou go?"
Unstable
Crimson Tears
Fights between friends
"I want to die."
Betrayal
Endeavour
Vulnerable
"Sleep well, Shouto."
"I'm f-fine."
The Little Mermaid
"We need to talk."
"I-It's all just collapsing."
Numbed
Pain
"Did you just fucking pass out?"
"Are you awake?"
"When will my suffering be over?"
"Don't speak to me."
"I promise."
"This isn't good."
"He needs me here, so I'm staying!"
Reunion
"I'm trying to be happy."
"So you want us to adopt you."
Couch talk
"Why are you crying?"
"Todoroki, can you hear me?"
"Show me your arms, Izuku."
"I-I'm bleeding . . ."
"I-Is he alive?"
"He k-killed himself?"
"Don't you dare say that you are fine, Midoriya."
"It's not like we haven't slept in the same bed before."
"I-I don't want to feel at all!"
"I hurt myself."
"I love you."
~Sequel~

Silence

1.8K 96 76
By astronautnotfound

Bakugou's POV

The moment I stepped into the classroom, I knew that something was wrong.

Was it the absence of a certain green-haired boy?

Yes.

Was it because instead of Aizawa teaching it was Mrs Midnight?

Definitely.

I knew. I knew straight away that something was wrong, because if Aizawa wasn't here then he was with Todoroki, and he would only be with Todoroki and skip class if something had happened, something bad.

"Bakugou!" Midnight yelled, gaining my attention from where I was looking out the window. "Pay more attention."

I nodded and looked down, not commenting on the way my classmates eyed me, especially a certain someone.

Kirishima looked at me worriedly, and I knew that he was thinking the exact same thing as I was.

What the hell is going on?

I shook my head and sighed, wanting to get the day over and done with so that I can go to the hospital, and figure out exactly what happened.

As always, my patience was thin and I kept zoning out, which resulted to me not learning anything once the school day was over. I scowled to myself as I stood to pack my things, because instead of wasting my time here, I could be at the hospital helping Izuku and Todoroki.

I didn't hesitate to leave the classroom once we were dismissed, and ran down the halls towards the dorms, not caring for the no running rule which I'm sure Lida will scold me about later. Oh well, might as well get away while I can.

I didn't stop running until I was secure inside my dorm, rushing to throw my bag onto my bed and tug my school shirt and pants off. I quickly changed into comfortable clothes, which included a hoodie and some loose jeans, completed with my orange and black running shoes.

Grabbing my phone from my bag, I left my room and ran towards the elevator, my foot tapping on the floor while I waited for it to come.

Once it came, I hurried inside and pressed for the ground floor, my mind fogging over with dark thoughts.

What if something happened to Todoroki? To Izuku? I thought, swallowing. What if Todoroki died and I wasn't there to help?

Tears were clouding my vision as I ran outside of the dorms, not looking where I was going.

Obviously, I ran into someone.

And that someone just happened to be Midnight.

"Bakugou," she began, kneeling beside me from where I had fallen. "Aizawa called me after class and said I should find you. He wants me to take you to the hospital."

I sniffed and rubbed my eyes, a scowl on my face as I stood weakly.

"Y-Yeah," I stuttered, not making eye contact with her as I dusted myself off. "I was just heading there."

Midnight didn't say anything, and just nodded, understanding that right now wasn't the best time to ask questions.

"Well, come on, then," she sighed, turning and walking towards an expensive-looking dark purple car. "We better get going."

I nodded and followed her, sitting in the passenger front seat and staring out the window the whole ride, knowing that if I looked at Midnight she would start a conversation that I wouldn't want to be a part of.

Sometimes, silence is okay.

And it was definitely silent when I stepped into Todoroki's hospital room ten minutes later, the bi-coloured boy unconscious and pale.

Izuku was sitting next to him, of course, gripping onto his boyfriend's hand while his other hand laid carefully in the bed, bandaged.

That definitely set off alarm bells.

Midnight was talking to Aizawa and the doctors outside, which means I can break my mean streak and show a side of me that no one but those I'm comfortable with would ever see.

I approached Izuku and sat next to him, wrapping my arms around his torso and hugging him tightly. Izuku melted into my touch, and hummed, inhaling deeply.

"Hey, Kacchan." The younger teen greeted, smiling as he relaxed into my hold.

"Hey Izuku, how are you?"

Izuku stiffened and looked up, moving his bandaged arm out of sight, but not before I acknowledged it. 

"What happened to your arm?" I asked, letting go of our embrace and reaching for it, taking it gently into my hands as I examined it.

"O-Oh," Izuku stuttered, looking slightly panicked. "Shouto's illness worsened this morning, and his quirk got out of control."

I stopped looking at his arm and then looked to Izuku, who had his jade eyes glued to the floor in shame.

"H-He didn't mean to do it," he sniffed, wiping his eyes. "I was the one who grabbed him."

I nodded and pulled the sobbing teen into another embrace, stroking my fingers through his hair.

"It's okay, Izuku," I murmured, patting his back. "I know he would never do something like that on purpose."

He nodded and sighed, breaking skin contact with me as he stared into my eyes, concern growing on his features.

"Have you been crying, Kacchan?" He asked, placing his uninjured hand on my left cheek and rubbing his thumb under my eye.

I nodded and looked down, sighing. "I was scared when neither you or Aizawa came to school today, a-and," I cut myself off and took a breath, because no, Aizawa is outside and I can't cry. "I-I thought something bad happened, something really bad."

Izuku nodded and pulled me into his arms, and I collapsed onto him, sobbing now, which angered me.

"Shh, it's okay, Kacchan," Izuku soothed, running his fingers through my hair, much like I did to him. "Shouto's okay, I'm okay."

He broke away from me and smiled, cupping my cheeks and wiping my tears away.

"You're okay."

I smiled at his words and leaned into his chest, feeling safe in his arms.

We stayed like that for a few minutes until the door opened, and an officer stepped in, the same one who drove Izuku and I back to the dorms a few days ago.

"Good afternoon," he greeted, smiling at us. "I'm here for a statement, since neither of you was able to give us one the night of the incident."

I nodded and pushed away from Izuku, rubbing my nose on my sleeve in an attempt to conceal the fact that I was just crying like a baby.

"Okay," the officer said once he had his papers out. "First I need to ask you a few questions –."

I cut him off, sighing in frustration. "Didn't Kirishima already give a statement?"

The officer swallowed and nodded. "Yes, he did, but we need one from you and especially Midoriya, since he was with Todoroki when he fell ill."

"Does this have anything to do with Endeavour?"

I looked up and eyed Midoriya, slightly shocked at his dark voice.

The officer sighed and nodded. "Yes, it does. We have been informed that Endeavour starved Todoroki and abused him mentally and physically, which he is already going to jail for." He answered.

Before I could say anything, the officer started speaking again.

"Midoriya and Bakugou, I need you to tell me everything that you know about Todoroki, including habits, whether good or bad."

Izuku and I turned to each other, hesitation on our faces.

Midoriya bit his lip and nodded, turning to the officer.

"Okay," he sighed, trying to relax himself. "We'll tell you everything."

~Time skip to an hour later~

I was exhausted once we were done answering questions and commenting on information, feeling mentally and physically drained.

Izuku and I told him everything, from his eating habits to the incident that happened a few months ago with Midoriya, and telling the officer of the day when Todoroki was found unconscious in his dorm. Izuku told him things that even I didn't know about, like the time when Todoroki got rejected by his mother.

The officer was nice, but I have to say that he was prying too much into Izuku and Todoroki's relationship, which I knew was making the freckled boy anxious.

He asked Izuku slightly inappropriate questions, such as his and Todoroki's sexual interactions to their sexualities and what they identify as.

I understood the whole sexuality part, because if Endeavour was a homophobe and his son was gay, he might – no, would – react abusively.

But when he started asking questions about how Izuku thought Todoroki felt while they were active, I stood in and told the officer that we were both tired and didn't feel comfortable with the questions.

The officer understood, of course, and left after saying thank you for our cooperation and goodbye.

I sighed once the door closed, and turned to Izuku, who was staring at Todoroki. He seemed to be deep in his own thoughts, his face a mask of concentration as he continued to stare, unblinking.

"Hey, Izuku?" I called, gaining his attention. "Are you okay? Some of those questions weren't fair and he defiantly took some way to far."

Izuku just nodded and smiled, his green eyes shining. "I'm fine, Kacchan. I just hope that anything we told them could be useful."

I nodded and sighed, silence settling over the room once more.

Sometimes, silence is okay.

And this was one of those times.

Please vote and comment!

I hope you guys are staying safe with the Coronavirus going around. Stay indoors!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

83.6K 1.7K 31
Deku has been depressed since his mother, Inko, died when he was little. He starts accept the fact that he's worthless in this hell people call earth...
386 43 7
"No matter what I do, it's never enough. It's killing me slowly with each passing day, and at this point, it's practically taken everything from me...
54.6K 2.5K 41
The second book of 'I Love You'. Class 1-A goes on a surprise trip to the beach, but not everything is going perfect. Midoriya and Todoroki are slowl...
274K 6.9K 23
Izuku Midoriya may seem like your average happy boy with a Quirk, who goes to school with a bright smile on his face.... However, his home life is in...