The Impostor

By IamBellaElla

There i was, seated for my funeral service. My pictures hung all over the place. I watched the guests move... More

¡ The Impostor
¡ Prologue
¡ 1- The Bargain
¡ 2- The Discussion
¡ 3- The Glimpse on Eve
¡ 4- The Questioning
¡ 5- The Peanut Problem
¡ Summary
¡ 6- The Legacy
¡ 7- The CEO's wife
¡ 9- The Lost
¡ 10 - The Order
¡ Summary
¡ 11- The Vote
¡ 12- The Counter
¡ 13 - The Slap
¡ 14 - The Harsh

¡ 8- The New Suspect

205 16 1
By IamBellaElla

"Have you picked Zayne from school?" I was on a phone call with the driver, Oliver.

"No, ma'am." He said from the other end.

"Ok, just don't worry about it, i will get him on my way home." The meeting had been postponed after Sophia's outburst. I could do with a mother-son bonding time after yesterday's drama at home. I wanted to make it up to Zayne.

"Alright, madam."

"Coffee, please." I stretched money to the guy at the counter in the cafeteria.

"Rose,"

I looked around and saw Henry. I smiled brightly at him, who seemed to look handsome with every passing day.

"Henry. It's nice to see you. Need coffee? On me of course."

"No, Rose. I came to clear things up." He sighed. "What happened between you and Sophia. I didn't say anything while we were in the board meeting, and that is because i have a lot of respect for you. However, i will not tolerate any insults directed to my wife."

My jaw dropped open. I was in complete awe. "Are you threatening me?"

"No, I'm not." His hands were put in his pocket. His face was plain and emotionless, though i sensed a bit of anger. "It's just a simple... Take it as an address. No bad feelings, wouldn't want to spoil our partnership."

He was confronting me because of that bitch? As much as i wanted to slap and punch him in the face. I couldn't help but admire his pink plush lips and his brown eyes. He'd always looked so cute whenever he had that serious face.

Coming back to my senses, i just realized i lost. I may have won the conference room session against Sophia, but seeing how Henry defended her, I'm actually feeling like a sore loser.

"So you really let Sophia control you now?" I picked my coffee that was dropped on the counter a while ago. "That's a pity." I rolled my eyes and walked out on him.

•~

Bumping through the doors of the restroom, My heart thudded frantically, my breathing went haggard. I turned the tap on and splashed cold water on my face severally, while i swept my hair backward, preventing it from getting wet.

My make-up was smudged but i didn't care.

That's Mrs. Sophia Exelero to you. Do not forget that i am now married to the CEO and owner of Buena Corp.

Point of correction, i can never be Eve. I would never stoop so low to kill my father.

I am way better than Eve, my husband can testify of it. - Sophia's words.

I will not tolerate any insults directed at my wife. - Henry's words.

The words of Sophia and henry kept playing in my head, over, and over, and over again. Making me more pissed over and over. I fisted one hand and raked the other through my hair. I took in deep breaths, anything to calm me down.

I just needed to smash something.

Anything.

The coffee cup that was given to me a while ago payed the price, i flung it at the mirror. Drops of black that contrasted with the the clear white rest room was spilled everywhere, it looked messy.

I was still not satisfied.

I picked up my phone and dialed Logan's number.

"Quit everything you're doing now and investigate for me everything Sophia Donathan has been up to for the past two years." I demanded in fury.

"Why?" He questioned over the phone with a confused tone. "Bethany is our main suspect."

"Bethany can't do anything while she's in prison, right? There has to be a benefactor. Do what i ask of you and stop asking me stupid questions."

"Oh, so..." He didn't finish what he had to say because i cut the call.

Now, i had a feeling Sophia was responsible for Dad's death. It's got to be her.

•~

I was driving home with Zayne on the passenger side with a seat belt on. I gave him several glances while he played a game with his tablet.

"Zayne, are you enjoying yourself?"

"Yes, mommy." He replied, paying attention to the game he was playing.

"Oh, that's nice. How was school today?" What a normal would do is enquire about her child's welfare.

"It was fine mommy." He said, plainly. Obviously still disappointed in me.

"How about i take you to the park tomorrow?" He's a child. Children forgive easily.

"I have a lot of school work to do."

Well, it seems this child doesn't forget so easily. Zayne was a smart kid. An excellent pupil. Sometimes I'd wonder why he was so sensitive, because now i couldn't con him. "Zayne are you still mad at me? You never reject the park."

He doesn't reply nor give me a glance.

"I got you something." I stretched my arms backward and picked a package i left on the seat. "Well... Since you like them alot..." The package had in it my worst enemies. Peanuts.

I stopped by the mart to get a peace offering for him. "Here you go."

He takes the package from me and looks into it. "Thanks mom. But... i always preferred the peanuts you make."

The peanuts your real mother make, not me.

I stared at Zayne sympathetically. When the time comes, i wonder how i would explain to him that i wasn't his mother, that i was just a woman with his mom's face. An impostor.

"What if i make you chocolates instead?" I can't make peanuts. I'm so damn allergic.

The only regret i have is that I've deprived this child of his mother and as much i tried to... I could never be like Rose. Ever.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

284K 9.6K 57
𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐎𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐒𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 ★★★ "Stop moving and stay still." "Then tell me where we are going then," I replied, getting annoye...
230 25 18
Sapphire King had it all in the beginning. The only children her parents had were her and her older brother. Her parents were wealthy and loving and...
441 40 38
One of his hands was snaked around my back while the other dragged up my spine into my hair. With one hard tug, my head fell backward and the shower...
388 6 1
"Mom, not today. I don't even know why you're making me go. Today is dads..." I didn't want to finish and remind her of dads' birthday. My phone kept...