From Cradle to the Grave

Bởi _fallen_____angel__

For 8 year old Jasmine, 18 year old Chris was her superman. There was nothing more than she liked than spendi... Xem Thêm

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Author's Note
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Epilogue
Author's Note
Q/A
New Book
New Covers(and an important Author's Note)
Author's Note

Chapter 47

25K 764 99
Bởi _fallen_____angel__

Jasmine's POV

Chris asked me for another chance. Another chance to win back my heart. Another chance to make this work out. Another chance for us.

And like the fool I am, I gave him the chance.

I understand now. I understand his concern and his worry. I understand why he did what he did. But I'm still upset at the way he chose to carry out his actions. He needs to understand that communication is an important element for any relationship, and that decisions cannot be made based on one partner's take on the matter.

So I gave him a chance, but that doesn't mean I've to make it easy for him.

I entered my office in a happy mood and was instantly hit with an array of colours and a beautiful fragrance. Almost the whole of my office was covered in bouquets of roses of different colours! I stood at the entrance with mouth agape and wide eyes. I ran my eyes slowly over the roses and they landed on a piece of card on one of the bouquets. Cautiously I walked towards it. I was afraid to open it because a part of me was terrified it was from Hunter.

Shut up silly! He's in mental institution.

I silenced my worrisome thoughts and opened the card. Inside in a beautiful handwriting was written,

       My beautiful Jasmine,

Good morning! Have a happy week and keep smiling. I hope these roses remind you that you've brought colours and beauty in my life. I love you.

Yours truly,
Chris

P.S. Day 1 of winning you back

A goofy smile made its way upto my face. And like the creep I am, I brought the card close to my nose and inhaled deeply. A faint smell of his cologne lingered and tingled my nostrils. I sighed dreamily.

I walked up to my desk and settled myself on it. I looked around the office and smiled creepily. I wasn't going to remove the flowers until they wither and fall off on their own. As I was still in dream land, I didn't hear the door to my office open until I heard a scream.

"Aaahhh!!" I jumped up in my seat and looked at the source of the horrifying scream. Bailey was standing at the foot of my door with Alex and both were looking wide eyed at the roses. I smiled.

"Oh my God! What is this? Tell me this is from Chris." Bailey looked at me alarmingly and I nodded happily. She squealed and rushed towards me to hug me.

"I'm so so happy! I knew it! I knew this day would come." I moved back from her hug and looked at her quizzically.

"You knew?" For a moment seeds of doubt started planting in my mind.

Did she know Chris's whereabouts until now? If so, why hadn't she told me? Did she betray me again?

"I know that look Jasmine. Stop overthinking. What I meant was that I had faith in you guys. I knew he would return one day. That guy's crazy about you. It was just a matter of time."

I looked down sheepishly, embarrassed for doubting her and getting caught. Then something struck me.

"If you were so sure, why the hell did you keep pestering me to date again?" I looked at her accusingly.

She smiled slyly. "I know how possessive Chris is, in a good sense that is. And he gets easily jealous. So I thought maybe pushing you towards another man would make him come back sooner. I knew that guy would keep tabs on you, he's so in love with you." She sighed dreamily.

I smacked her arm playfully. A throat clearing caught our attention.

"Am I really that invisible ladies?" Alex asked with a pout.

"Yes." Both me and Bailey said in unison and laughed.

Alex huffed. "Laugh. Laugh all you want. But remember I'm more hotter than these men of yours."

Bailey and I looked at each other with a bored look and then at him.

"Impossible. Have you seen Ashton? I was a fool to not realise sooner how sexy that man is." Bailey said and fanned herself. I laughed at her antics.

"And I'm happy with Chris, thank you." Alex pouted angrily and plopped himself on the couch, mumbling how no one loves him.

We soon settled into a comfortable conversation and I told them everything, from meeting Chris again to the date last week. They listened attentively and Bailey squealed in between.

Alex was silent even after I finished telling everything. A part of me was afraid he would storm out just as Jasper did. Thinking about Jasper brought a pang of sadness in me. He hadn't replied to my calls or texts. He was still upset about it. I decided to give him time. If he really cares about me, he would come around. I was done begging people to stay.

"Alex?" I asked tentatively.

He looked up at me and seeing my worried glance smiled softly at me and opened his arms, gesturing for me to go to him. I smiled and leaped at him. He chuckled.

"I'm happy for you Jasmine. I see how he makes you happy. You haven't been like this since.....well since forever. Since I met you. But now, now I see this beautiful smile on your face and it brightens everything around you. And as for Jasper, well he's a douche. But he'll come around."

I was so happy Alex understood. I wanted nothing more than my loved owns accepting me and Chris.

"So......are you guys back together? Like, together together?" Bailey asked.

I sighed. "No we are not. I decided to give him a chance but he still needs to work for it. That's why I was thinking whether to text him a 'thank you' for the flowers or not."

"You should girl!" Alex exclaimed. "But make it sound like he needs to up his game."

Bailey agreed and nodded.

I thought about it for sometime and realised it was a good idea. Well, a girl can have fun, right?

I took my phone and sent Chris a text.

Jasmine: Thank you for the flowers. They're lovely.

His reply came within a few seconds.

Chris: I'm glad you liked them.

Jasmine: Yeah it's always a pleasure to receive gifts from potential admirers.

He didn't reply after that and I felt satisfied at getting him where I wanted. I looked up to tell Bailey and Alex but found the office empty. Strange. I shrugged. Maybe they left when I was too busy thinking of ways to torture Chris.

Just then my phone rang and the screen flashed Chris's name. I grinned. As soon as I picked it up, his voice growled through the device.

"Who are they?"

I stifled my laughter. "Who are you talking about Chris?" I asked innocently.

He growled again. "Don't play games with me Jasmine. Don't even try to make me jealous."

"Why? Is it working?"

Suddenly his voice changed and caught a teasing tone. "Are you challenging me love?"

My heart skipped a beat when he called me 'love'. It has been so long since I heard him call me that. I squeezed my eyes and tried to reign in the feelings it evoked.

"What if I am?" I said.

He chuckled. "You're playing a dangerous game Princess." He said huskily. It sent shivers down my spine and I had to take a deep breath to control myself. I fisted my hands. He was right. I was playing a dangerous game. But I honestly didn't care anymore. If he was fire, I wanted to burn into him.

"Are you afraid Christian?" I said in a low voice.

His voice growled and groaned at the same time and I resisted the urge to moan. This was getting out of hand.

"Challenge accepted love. Soon you'll be in my arms." He said.

"Best of luck, you'll need it."

"Oh honey, you'll need it more than me." He said haughtily.

"Cocky much?" I fired back.

"For you, always." I could almost hear the smirk in his voice. I shook my head.

"I'll talk to you later." I said and hung up. I took deep breaths to calm my erratic heartbeats. Just then my phone rang again. I cursed lowly and looked at the screen. Mom.

I frowned but picked up the call nevertheless. She never called me during work time.

"Mom."

"When were you going to tell me?" She said accusingly.

"Tell you what?" I tried to scratch my brain to find out what I hadn't said to her but came up blank.

"That you and Chris were back together! Why do Katie have to say this to me? My daughter doesn't even tell me anything anymore." She sniffed for more effects.

I sighed. I was used to the drama. But Mrs.Robinson knew about it? What had Chris even said to his mother?

"Mom. We're not back together. We're just testing the waters."

"When are you going to bring him home for dinner? To meet the parents?" She said, completely disregarding what I had just said.

I huffed. "Mom! I said we're still not together. We still have things to work out. Once everything's settled I'll bring him home."

"Okay." She said but I could detect the sadness in her tone. "But don't forget young lady. We want to meet him as your boyfriend soon."

"Yes mom."

"Dad misses you."

I smiled. I moved out of my parents house after I made enough money from the publishing house and moved to a cosy apartment. I would still visit them from time to time though.

"Tell him I miss him too. I'll see you guys soon." I said.

"Okay honey. Take care. Love you. Bye."

I chuckled. "Love you too mom. Bye."

I looked at my desk and at the amount of work piling up. I sighed.

Time to get back to work.

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

Will he Bởi tanz

Teen Fiction

13.3K 275 46
Let's face it, We all have that one person who we secretly love, the person who's never going to know how much you care about them. The person who w...
1M 36.1K 42
#1 in Teen Fiction - 26.03.2020 #10 in Romance - 04.10.2020 #1 in Unrequited - 21.02.2020 #1 in LoveTriangle - 01.01.2020 # 14 in Angst - 20.20.2020 ...
2.3K 29 5
**𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐏𝐋𝐄𝐓𝐄!** 𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐲'𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐮𝐩𝐩𝐨𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐲 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫... 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐜𝐮𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 �...
7.7K 432 27
#93 in Young Adult #4 in janitor #51 in projectbadboys Shortlisted in The Global Awards 2018 Honourable Mention in 2018 Bell Awards Previously featu...