Through the Awakening (Harry...

By NatalyCanez

SEQUEL TO THROUGH THE DARK :) Elizabeth Parker has suffered a great deal of pain and loss. Now, with the help... More

Prolouge
Important
1. Early morning and Mind Tricks
2. Welcome
3. Blood Line
Important :)
4. A Slightly Broken Promise
5. Need of a Change
6. Buddy Buddies
7. Okay?
8. Dull Experience
9. Inspiration
10. Courage
11. Friendly Gestured Grey Sweatshirt
12. Anxious Friends and Eavesdropping
IMPORTANT :)
14. Snapping Necks
15. Unheard Messages
16. I Know
IMPORTANT :)
17. Teasing Tendencies
18. Classroom Shenanigans
19. Journal Recovery and Beach Time
20. Night Plans and Confusion
21. Shock on Many Levels
22. Work Day
23. Dinner Date
24. I Can't have Fun?
25. Good News, Bad News
26. The Truth with Tension
27. Forgiveness Struggle
28. Finally Clean
29. Just Stop
30. Interesting Conversation
31. Distant Voice
32. Losing Grip
33. Interruptions and Temptations
34. Game on
35. Drunk
36. A turn
37. Black and White
38. Things to Know
39. Annoyance
40. The Start of Something
41. Trouble
42. Panic and Anger
43. Panic and Anger Part 2
44. Healing and Forgiveness
45. Beautiful Confession
46. Starting Over
47. The Plan
Important! :)
48. Long Flight
49. Impressive
50. Insecure and Uneasy
51. Pool Games
52. Christmas Decorations
53. New York
Important!! :)
54. Indistinguishable Feelings
55.Calm
56. Hurry
57. Second first Date
Sometimes it all gets too much...
58.Night Changes
59.One Last Dance
60. Thank You
61. Good Question
62. Back and Forth
63. Frustration and Understanding
64. Anymore Questions?
65. Stay with me
66.Irresistible
67. Truly Madly Deeply
68.Never Stop
69. Appreciative Cute Gestures
70. Relief
71. Turns of Confession
72. Teasing and Shocking
73. Surprise Revealed
74. Hard to Breath
75. Irrupting Intoxicating Emotions
76. Many Things
77. Chuckles and Giggles
78. Nightly Conversation
79. Countless Moments
80. Screams
81. Outburst
82. Drunk on Jealousy
83. Horror Night
84. Hatred and Burns
85. Bad Blood
86. Camping Round 2
87. Thumping Heart
88. Catastrophic
89. Defending Battle
90. Remorse
91. Jitters
92. You R in love
93. Secret Planning
Graditude and Ending
Through the Enlightenment/ Enticing
BOOK ANNOUNCEMENT!

13. Care or Don't Care

2.5K 106 25
By NatalyCanez

Author's Note

Hello my loves! Fair warning this chapter was a bit intense for me! Either way i hope you like it regardless of the situation. Please do not forget to comment, vote and share because your opinions do matter!

PLEASE PLAY SONG ON THE SIDE!! 

Elizabeth’s POV

“What are you doing here?” Harry asked me once he had opened the door looking down at me with wide eyes, dressed in black form head to toe with tousled hair. I walked past him stepping into the living room looking around the house.

“No, I’m going to be the one that is going to be asking the questions. Not you” I snapped at him crossing my arms over my chest.

“What do you want Elizabeth?” Harry questioned closing the door glancing up at me with dark eyes, still containing their green color.

“Didn’t you hear what I just said?” I scowled at him. “I’m the one that’s going to be asking the questions” Harry smirked at me.

“I just asked you what you wanted.” He replied, slowly pronouncing each word in annoyance. “So what do you want?” He shrugged.

“Since, when have you been back?”  I asked, ignoring his attitude.

“About a month” He responded quickly in a deep raspy voice eyeing me up and down. “Is that your sweatshirt?” He asked knitting his eyebrows together. I subconsciously reached for the ends of the sleeves pulling them further down my wrists, trying to brush the feeling  of guilt off my shoulders. Great, he has been gone for months and all he cares about is a damn sweatshirt!

“No, why do you care anyways? “ I paused, swallowing to regain some confidence back in my voice. “And stop changing the subject”

“No, you’re right I don’t care.” He shrugged and walked past me into the kitchen. “You can do what you want and be with who you want.” I huffed out a breath from my mouth rolling my eyes, quickly turning around to  follow  him.

“Well, you obviously do because you asked.” I pointed out smirking at him leaning against the wall.

“It was a mistake to ask, Elizabeth. “ Harry responded dryly, opening a cabinet door taking out a glass filling it up with water. “So just tell me why you are here so I can at least pretend to care for at least a few minutes before I kick you out.” He said taking a sip of water. I felt a sudden sting in my heart at his words but I’m not going to show it at least not now. Right now, I need answers to all of the questions that are floating around in my head.

“Why?” I sighed shaking my head at him. “Why don’t you care?” I said leaning away from the wall uncrossing my arms taking a few steps into the kitchen.  Harry set his glass down on the counter and looking down onto the floor.

“You were the one who always cared. It’s what I liked about you.” I stated as he looked up at me. Harry’s eyes looked cold and guarded; as if there were shields to block away any form of human emotion.

“Cared, as in past tense, Elizabeth” He replied in an annoyed tone. “Don’t you think that if I cared I would have called you as soon as I came back into town?”  He asked raising an eyebrow at me, shaking his head showing his emphasis. “ I didn’t call you, so there is your answer.”

I shook my head. “I don’t believe you.”  I said looking straight into his eyes, my mouth pressing into a hard line. Harry’s eyes scanned my face but said nothing, I could tell that he was fighting back a smile from the way the corner of his lips curled up. I knew he was making fun of e for standing up to him but I don’t care.

 “If you didn’t care you wouldn’t have come back to this exact town. I know that there is a part of you that missed this place and your friends. “I stated my voice sounding more like a plea.

“I know that even though at the moment you don’t want to admit it you miss your friends, all of them and me” I whispered.

 “Yeah….no” He sighed shaking his head with a smile I opened my mouth to speak but he interrupted me.

 “I don’t have time for this shit!” Harry bellows dismissively. He turns on his heel stalking out of the kitchen, his footsteps echoing off the hardwood floor. I roll my eyes and after a beat I follow him

“Harry!” I called out as he opened the front door walking out onto the porch. I ran over grabbing his arm pulling him back so I could stand in front of him to block his way. The cool wind made me shiver but I ignored it.

“Harry, you cared more than anyone!” I yelled my voice laced with annoyance. “Out of everyone in my life and my entire family, you were the one that cared the most!” I exclaimed. “How can you just stop?” I asked in aggravation letting go of his arm.

“I had to. “ He replied staring blankly at me. “I had to start over, Elizabeth. I had to come to terms that I had to leave and erase everything about you for Dominic to leave you alone. I had to pretend that I didn’t care until I learned not to, which I don’t.” I scoffed, slowly shaking my head at him. “Even if I did, it wouldn’t change anything!” he growled.

“So in the time that you were still trying to move on you couldn’t hear me in all of those messages that I left you?” I paused trying to figure out my words pushing my tears back, my mind quickly clouded with my past unbearable months.  “You couldn’t hear that I was completely falling apart without you!” I yelled using my hands. Harry looked at the ground licking on his lower lip with both of his hands on his hips.

“You didn’t listen to them” I whispered in realization leaning away from him.

“I had to move on, I didn’t have a choice.” He shrugged. “So I deleted them.” I shook my head.

“No, Harry. I know you and I know that there must be a reason why you came back here. I know that being back here reminds you of all of our friends and how much they need you and how much I need you.” I paused biting on my lower lip. “I need you. I know that there must be this little part inside of you that I am the reason why you are back here. That you are at least passing through to check up on me.” Harry looked away from me rolling his eyes.

“Okay fine, if I’m wrong then I am wrong!” I shrugged. “If you say that you just came back here to start over and forget about all of us and forget about me then fine. If that’s the case then walk away from me right now and all of the time that I could be wasting on waiting for you will come to an end and I will forget like we ever happened.” I nodded taking a deep breathe holding to hold back my sobs.  Harry looked back over at me, knitting his eyebrows together.

“But if I’m right… If there is that little part inside of you that made you come back to town to check up on me because you still care… then stay” I whispered.  Harry looked at me nodding at my words then looked back down at the ground. I stared at him waiting for him to make his final move. Harry glanced back up at me with his dark green eyes before flashing himself away from me.

I shudder involuntarily as the wind blew pushing my hair back. I gazed numbly in the direction that Harry disappeared to, tears rolling down my cheeks, feeling cold as the wind started to quickly dry then away. He walked away from me. Shit!

I am left alone on the porch with the silence- the still, lingering silence. I blink away my tears licking on my lower lip, trying to make them stop. I turned around and walked down the porch steps heading for my car when I glance up I stop in my tracks seeing Eleanor and Louis standing by my car. They both had sad sympathetic looks on their faces, except Louis had a faint scowl hiding behind his sympathy.

 I smiled at them through my teary eyes and quickly walked over to them. Eleanor met me halfway quickly wrapping her arms around me. I faintly smile hugging her tightly feeling a sense of security. To think I wouldn’t have met any of them if it wasn’t for Harry.

 I shake my head dismissing the thought glancing up , seeing Louis opening the back door allowing Eleanor and I to slide in before climbing into the driver’s seat.

“Yes, Niall, she’s here.” I hear Louis say out loud as if he was talking to himself. I know that Niall spoke to him through his mind. I looked over at Eleanor and she wrapped her arm around me as I leaned my head against her shoulder closing my eyes sobbing. 

A few seconds passed and I heard the door on my side open and I looked up seeing Niall but I quickly hid my face away from him in Eleanor’s shoulder.

“Hey, Elizabeth” Niall whispered trying to turn my face to look at him.

“No” I sobbed.

“Elizabeth, look at me!” Niall said and grabbed my chin turning my head to face him. I sniffed looking up at him, his soft blue eyes scanning my face turning colder by the second.

“I’ll be right back.” Niall says softly to me before looking up at Eleanor and Louis. “Guys, take her back to the academy. I’ll be there in a few.” Niall ordered releasing my face kissing my cheek before closing the door.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

289K 6.7K 70
"You know I can't just let you go." He says. "You have no choice" I weakly say with tears falling. "I'm not letting you go. I just can't allow you...
33.3K 919 55
It was that one moment, as no one dared to look at him, that she looked. And he wasn't normal. But he loved her. ~ A.N. One Direction fanfic, mainly...
1K 28 10
When Nick passed, he left behind a broken Liz and a supportive love-struck Harry. Harry has promised to be with Liz no matter what, to take care of h...
77.6K 3.1K 63
SEQUEL TO LIGHTS OFF ( BOOK II) : You need to be careful when you deny love. You could find yourself stumbling in the dark, hoping for that one love...