Her Destined Alpha

By W0nd3rful-Dr3ams

Maverick Stone and Blair Diesel had known since they were children that they were destined to be mates. With... More

Her Destined Alpha
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve

Chapter Five

53.3K 1.5K 291
By W0nd3rful-Dr3ams

The walk to the house was silent, neither one of us making a sound nor attempt to speak to one another. Maverick continued to hold my hand even though I had tried to take it back on multiple occasions and instead, his grip tightened unwilling to let go.

The house our parents had built for us was beautiful, it was a white mansion in the middle of the territory surrounded by trees and hidden deep within the forest.

It was located south of the new pack house that we had extended since more teenagers were finding their mates while others preferred to live there instead of with their parents and some had lost their families due to wars or other circumstances.

We walked towards the steps and Maverick let go of my hand once he opened the front door, gesturing for me to walk in first.

He stood still at the door until I walked in. I had been here a few times since my mom, Ava and I decided on the decorations and the layout of the property.

I immediately made my way into the kitchen knowing that my mom and Ava had stocked up the fridge earlier this morning since they had both assumed we would be moving in here straight after the ceremony.

I grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge, turning my head to the side to see if Maverick wanted one to which he declined.

I nodded and walked around the kitchen counter taking a seat on a stool then took a sip of my cold water.

I had purposely walked to the other side of the counter wanting to put distance between us as Maverick leaned against the other side only a few metres away from me.

We kept eye contact but remained mute, both contemplating on what to say.

I ended up breaking the silence, wanting him to clarify and explain his reasons as to why he left me. "I can't comprehend why you left, I get why you did but I don't understand why you continued to distance yourself from me after I turned sixteen. I need an explanation because the age gap excuse just doesn't seem plausible."

Maverick took a deep breath, standing tall in the same position, his eyes focussed on me. "You know why Blair, I have always hated our age gap and that is it. When I was twenty you were sixteen and that just didn't feel right. You're eighteen now and I'm twenty two, it's just different and seems better. You knew I was always going to come back for you."

I wanted to believe his reason, but I continued to have a nagging feeling in the back of my mind and I needed to question whether he was unfaithful while he was away.

"You're telling me that you haven't been with anyone while you were away?" I focused on him intensely, watching to see if his facial expression faulted or whether his eyes deceived his words.

Maverick smirked at me, a grin appearing on his features which made my stomach tighten in knots as butterflies fluttered fiercely in my stomach. "No Blair, the only person who will ever touch me is you."

I blushed slightly, my eyes moving down as he began to chuckle. His words were sincere and his eyes continued to hold my gaze, almost pleading with me to see the truth.

He slowly moved around the kitchen counter towards me, no longer an obstruction keeping us apart.

"This doesn't mean that you're forgiven Mav," I stated stubbornly as he continued to sport a smile making it difficult to stay angry at him. "You don't just get a pass."

He pursed his lips at me then flashed me his pearly white teeth, a full grin on show. "Granted I should never have ignored you. I struggled with my wolf to keep away and selfishly the easiest way to deal with him was to cut our communication and for that, I'm sorry. I can't tell you how many times I wanted to come back for you."

He was now standing next to me, his figure looking down at me. "But you can't put it all on me Blair, I did tell you that I was struggling, and putting distance between us was for the best. You were the one who wasn't listening."

I sighed, biting the insides of my cheeks. "I was never expecting you to just ignore me the way you did though. When I think about it now, I know you tried to tell me and I didn't listen. "

"I told you the last time we spoke that I had to stop our communication for a while." I sighed, thinking about our last conversation. At the time I was furious and allowed my wolf to dominate the situation.

Maybe, my mind was clouded and overwhelmed with my wolfs emotions  which had put a block up within my mind. I was part to blame, and I hadn't allowed myself to see that.

"You're right, it's both of our faults." I admitted, I could understand why he did now. But the way he did it, didn't hurt any less.

We needed to move on and I was just praying that Maverick was telling the truth about being faithful and that nothing would come out later that would destroy everything he said.

"Let's just put this behind us and move on." He stated, but it come out sounding like a question.

I just nodded in reply, my head looking up at him as he smiled. "So, you're not going to give your mate a hug?" His voice coming out playful.

I narrowed my eyes at him slightly and sighed as he continued to be the same mate that had left me before.

He was as carefree and flirtatious as he had been before he left, only he had struggled to tame his wolf and from then, he kept his distance.

My wolf was begging for physical contact and was purring in the back of my mind at the thought of touching her mate.

I bit the inside of my cheeks, internally laughing at myself at how anxious I felt. I was never the type to be confrontational, but when I needed to be, I could.

I could only nod and was shocked when his hands reached down to grab me roughly by my hips, unexpectedly being pulled up as he pulled me into his arms, my legs automatically wrapping around his waist.

He held me flush to his chest, his hands making their way down to my bum as we were positioned face to face, my arms connecting around his neck as my blush deepened.

"This is a hug, huh?" I laughed, my eyebrow raising as he continued to embrace me.

He remained hushed and instead continued his toothy grin, his head suddenly moving into the crook of my neck, his warm breath fanning against my collar bone making my body shiver.

I could feel his smirking against my skin when I gasped, he had lightly nipped at the area where I would bare his mark.

"Maverick," I complained as he pulled back, a teasing smile still echoing across his face causing my eyes to narrow.

"What?" He questioned, his voice sounding innocence. "I was just choosing the spot where my mark would be, and I found it."

I pursed my lips at him, knowing he was purposely trying to tease me. "You're as annoying as I remember." I commented and he chuckled, placing me on top of the kitchen counter as he grabbed my bottle of water, bringing it to his lips to take a sip.

"You're as frustrating as I remember," He returned making me frown.

He laughed harder when I rolled my eyes.

I wasn't ready to bare his mark or to be mated and he knew that by his next comment. "You're not ready Blair and that's fine, I'm only teasing you before you try and do it to me."

I only smiled. "Let's go to bed, I'm shattered and you must be too." He said.

I stared at him, and smiled. "And what makes you think you can stay in my bed?" I teased.

"Since there's no locks on your bedroom door keeping me out."

His reply had me grinning, my teeth biting my bottom lip to keep my laugh in. Ever since I was born, my father had always kept a lock on the outside of my bedroom door to keep Maverick from sneaking into my bedroom without him knowing.

He gave me a knowing smile. "Do you remember when he chased me out your bedroom with a knife when I was fifteen?"

I laughed, the memory stained in my mind. My dad had warned Maverick to stay out of my bedroom once I turned ten. It was always innocent,  but my dad didn't see it that way.

"I have never run that fast before," He laughed. "Your mom saved my life that day."

We ended up staying downstairs for a while, he took a seat on the stool while I stayed comfortable sitting on top of the counter, both recalling old memories from the past.

It was late, but Maverick and I were hungry, so we ordered a pizza which was thankfully delivered quickly.

Once the clock hit 11 o'clock Maverick suggested that we should go to bed and promised to share the stories of his travels another day.

After we had cleared up the mess we made, we were just about to head upstairs when Maverick suddenly frowned, his eyes gazing over as his expression changed, his eyes blank indicating that someone had mind linked him.

He sent me a smile once the link was disconnected. "I need to deal with something at the pack house, you alright to head up to bed and I'll see you up there?"

I nodded at my mate. "That's fine and if I remember rightly, I told you that you wouldn't be sleeping in my bed, so I'll see you tomorrow morning."

He only smirked, kissing my head before walking out the door. I smiled once he left, my emotions all over the place. I wanted to be stubborn, but it was hard to be when Maverick was my mate.

I walked up the stairs, the layout to the house was similar to my parents except the office was located downstairs.

I walked along the hallway to the master bedroom, I had decided that I wanted it to be grey walls and the bedding to be silver. The bedroom was fitted with a large walk-in dressing room and an en-suite bathroom.

My mother and Ava had already filled the cupboards up with clothes, they had informed me earlier that they had stocked up.

They were both extremely excited for Maverick and I to become Alphas. Unfortunately for me, that also meant that they were eager for both Maverick and I to mate. They had both made it very clear that they were restless to become grandparents.

I wanted to be settled in my role as Luna and to be in a good place with Maverick before we decided to have children but for now, I wanted to focus on school and my Luna duties.

With that thought, I grabbed some shorts and a comfortable t-shirt deciding to have a quick shower before bed.

After showering, I threw my dirty clothes into the wash basket moving across the room towards the bed, throwing the blankets back as I climbed in.

Exhausted from the day's events, I yawned getting myself comfortable under the covers as I slowly began to fall asleep.

It must have been about an hour or so later when I felt the bed move, Maverick slowly manoeuvring into the bed, his arms reaching out to pull me against his bare chest.

My voice came out sleepily as I whispered. "What happened to you won't be sleeping in my bed?" A smile lingered on my face, as I enjoyed the warmth of his skin against mine.

"It's a good thing it's our bed." He replied confidently, impressed at his answer causing me to roll my eyes but I didn't say anything further as secretly I was relishing his touch.

Within a few minutes, we both fell into a deep sleep.

***

- Not Edited -

Please Comment and Vote!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3M 126K 54
[COMPLETED] Katrina Parker has never been normal, even by werewolf standards. An outcast, ostracized by her pack because of her unique Gift: the unca...
5.3K 151 18
Mack's a not so average teenager. And when she moves to a small town she never even knew existed, she meets Liam. She has a secret that keeps her fro...
354 23 23
Alice is a 19 year old girl who is lost in the world and is part of the 30% of the population. She isn't like normal teens, she is a werewolf. It mig...
24.9K 829 33
First Neal must find his mate whom he's dreamt about several times now, then he must help her learn about her family and then fight to keep her safe...