Chasing Happiness | KTH

By bangtarifics

COMPLETED | Kim Taehyung is the University's heartthrob. Captain and star player of the soccer team, has too... More

Intro
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
21 - 18+
22 - FINAL

20

13.5K 659 141
By bangtarifics

If you end up liking this chapter kindly consider giving it a vote! Enjoy, and leave a comment to let me know what you think! Make sure to follow me if you want to receive updates and be the first one to read my new chapters!

Check out my new story 'Arcade'! Taehyung and Y/N both lose someone special in their lives, causing them to be drawn to each other. However, they might end up playing a rather dangerous game...

***

Y/N POV

I groan in frustration as I toss my phone on the couch next to me, ignoring the constant ringing that keeps coming from the device. I know my friends and specifically Taehyung have been trying to reach me but I need to clear my mind for a moment.

I really want to believe that all of this was a lie and none of it was true, that it perhaps just was a bad dream. Unfortunately, this is real, just as real when I found out Sehun was sleeping with Irene, the worst memory I carry with me every single day.

Perhaps I was too biased to judge, immediately thinking the worst without actually contemplating that Soyeon could be lying, but I can't afford to get hurt again, I don't want to go through that painful memory again.

I splash more paint on the canvas as I'm doing what I do best, pouring my pain and thoughts into art. I hate confrontation, I don't want to face the real world right now, but the world I've created in here for myself isn't real, in fact, it has become a place filled with pain and sorrow as most of the memories made in this place were me crying over something that happened.

It used to be my happy place, a place I could escape to when I needed to, but now I associate it with my pain, knowing if I go here I'm suffering, like I'm weak.

I sigh as I stare at the painting I just made, a smile creeping up on my face. Even tough most of the memories aren't good, this one most certainly is. I realise this isn't perhaps the pace to stay, a breath of fresh air might be what I need right now.

I stand up and collect my stuff before walking towards the door to head out for a walk. Once I open the door, a figure is standing in front of it, scaring the life out of me.

Jennie.

***

Taehyung POV

I walk across the pavement as I start to feel nervous. I'll be facing Y/N in a couple of minutes but I'm not entirely sure what I'll find once I see her. What if she doesn't even want to see me? What if she's done with me and everything that comes with our relationship? What if she's leaving me?

I sigh heavily as I brush my hand through my hair. I shouldn't be thinking like this, I need to be determined to fight for the one girl I love. There isn't anyone else for me, I can't imagine myself with anyone else.

I start to fasten my pace as I feel motivation, determination and passion run through my veins. No one is taking Y/N away from me. Not some crazy ex, not some salty teammates and most certainly not a slut like Soyeon.

I'm not losing the girl I love over girls who can't seem to grow up and accept the fact that I'll choose love over lust anytime, always.

I reach her studio building and quickly make my way up. I remember the first time I came here, how we confessed to each other and slept with each other that night, one of the best nights of my life. A smile creeps up to my face thinking about it.

I hear the elevator stop and the doors soon open after, making me rush out and run through the hallway. I reach her door and stop myself for a moment, all those bad thoughts from before going through my mind again. What is she already left? Or doesn't want to see me?

Don't be stupid Taehyung!

I unlock the door with the key hidden under the doormat and push it open slowly. I peek around the room but can't seem to spot Y/N anywhere. I fully open the door now and walk inside, taking a proper look around.

She isn't here.

How could I've been wrong? She always comes here when something is on her mind, why isn't she here now? I desperately look around the room, hoping she'll pop out of nowhere and love me like before but it's no use.

I sit down on the couch as all of my emotions finally start to come out. I put my head between my palms as I lean my elbows on my knees, letting the tears brimming in my eyes run down my cheeks.

I lost her. The one girl I love, the girl who was always able to be there for me and understand me, the girl I saw a future with, the girl I was chasing happiness with, is also the girl I lost.

Sadness was what I felt just a minute ago, right now it's being replaced with anger, pure anger. How could I be so stupid?? Why didn't I make her realise that she really is the only girl for me? Why did I even let a girl like Soyeon get in between us?

"AAAARRGH!!!" I scream as I throw my phone across the studio, panting in frustration.

I land on my knees and cry even louder. Absolutely pathetic. You don't deserve to cry, you don't deserve to be sad.

I look up as I try to see where I threw my phone and see it laying in the middle of the studio. I get up and hope it's not broken, although I know it most likely is. I spot it and it's cracked, but still working.

I glance up to where it was laying and see a painting still in progress. I walk up to it and look at it closely. It's a cherry blossom tree, just like the one in the schools gardens. A smile creeps up to my face as I stare at it, the good memories flashing by as I look at it's features.

It reminds me of the time I met her, when she comforted me in those gardens, when we cried in those gardens, when we drew each other and shared lunch. The good times, from the beginning to the end.

From the beginning to the end...

How can I give up?? I promised her I'll be there from the beginning until the end, and this most certainly isn't the end. I need to fight for her, I need to find her, and I know just where she might be right now.

I pick up my stuff as I make my way towards the door, giving the painting one last glance as I smile to myself.

I'm coming for you Y/N, I'll fight for you.

***

I reach the campus and rush towards the schools gardens, knowing after seeing her painting she'll be here. I enter the gardens and walk up towards the bench located at the back, the bench we always sat together.

And there she is, in her full glory, scribbling in her notebook just like the first time we met in these gardens. Her beauty as ethereal as always, her features as mesmerising as a goddess. She is absolutely beautiful.

I slowly walk up to her and wait for her to notice me. She stops drawing and looks around, knowing there is another presence her with her. Then her eyes lock with mine, staring deep into mine as she freezes in her spot.

"Taehyung" She speaks out with a slightly broken voice, indicating she cried.

"Y/N" I say not really knowing what else to say in this moment.

We just look at each other for a moment before I decide to step towards the bench, waiting for her approval to take a seat. She gives me a slight nod as I take my seat next to her as we stay silent for a little while.

"How did you know I was here?" She suddenly asks me.

"I saw your painting in your studio" I explain.

She makes an 'o' shape with her mouth before closing it again, staring at the cherry blossoms in front of her. I stare at her, examining her face, looking for some kind of emotion or indication whether she's going to say something. When I realise she isn't I decide to speak for myself.

"I know what happened Y/N" I say, capturing her attention.

"I understand your reaction, especially concerning what you've been through with Sehun before, but I just want you to know I would never do something like that to you, I would never hurt you like that, especially not with a girl like Soyeon" I frantically explain.

"I know" She says, looking at me whilst I stare back at her in utter confusion.

"Jennie came by my studio and told me everything" She says, making me widen my eyes.

Jennie went to see her?

"Don't worry, it's not what you think" She quickly says.

"She visited me to tell me what really happened, to tell me the truth" She explains.

***An hour earlier - Y/N POV***

"What are you doing here?" I ask Jennie who is standing right in front of me now.

"We need to talk" She says before walking inside, making me sigh and close the door behind her.

"Look, I'm sorry for showing up unannounced like this, but I know what happened after the game and I couldn't just sit back and watch it all unfold like this" She says, sitting down on the couch and motioning me to sit next to her.

"I know you overheard Soyeon after the game talking to the cheerleaders about how she slept with Taehyung" She says, making me nod.

"The reason I know is because it wasn't a coincidence that you overheard them, Soyeon planned for you to hear all of this, she wanted you to hear" She says, making me confused.

"Why would she want me to hear that?" I ask.

"Because she wanted you to get upset and get hurt, she wanted to break you and Taehyung up" She says, making my eyes widen.

"Why would she want to break us apart? I know she doesn't like me and has a particular interest in Taehyung, but breaking us up goes a little far right?" I ask her in shock.

"I know, but it is something a lot deeper than that, something I found out about a couple of days ago" She says.

"I caught wind of the little incident you and her had in Yoongi's bar the other day, how you told her off" She says making me nod.

"Well, she didn't take that too well, I always knew she was attracted to Taehyung, even when me and him were still dating, but this was something completely different, more like an obsession" She explained.

"I confronted her about it, I didn't like the way she was trying to claim Taehyung as hers since he never was and never will be" She says.

"I don't have feelings for him anymore, I moved on, but I do care about his happiness and she was about to ruin all of that" She states.

"We got into a fight about it and we didn't talk to each other, until I overheard her talking to the teammates about her little plan" She mentions.

"Plan?" I ask.

"Yes, her plan to make you disappear from his life, to break you guys up" She explains.

"She made up this rumour about her and Taehyung hooking up, the one you heard, her plan was to make you hear it and make you want to break up with Taehyung" She explains.

"I just want you to know that it didn't happen, it was all a lie and Taehyung never hooked up with her, he never would" She says.

I look down for a moment, realising that I've been framed and made to believe something that was never true in the first place. I can't believe I fell for one of her tricks.

"Taehyung truly loves you, more than he ever loved me" Jennie says, making me look up at her.

"You make him happy, and I know he makes you happy Y/N, I've seen the two of you together and you only have eyes for each other" She says.

"We may not be together anymore, but we never ended on bad terms and I would hate for you guys to lose something so beautiful" She says whilst standing up and making her way to the door.

"Wait Jennie!" I say before she leaves, making her turn around.

"Thank you... I always thought you hated me, I thought you always felt like I stole him away from you, was I wrong?" I ask her, making her smile.

"I never hated you, our break up was a mutual decision that turned out to be better for the both of us, making us able to chase our own happiness again, I never hated you, how could I when you gave him exactly what I knew I couldn't anymore?" She says before turning around and walking out of the door.

***Present - Taehyung POV***

"I knew from that moment on I failed you, I doubted you whilst you never did anything wrong, my insecurities and memories got the best of me" Y/N says whilst looking down.

"I feel so guilty, I should have never let them get to me but I did" She says.

I lift her chin up to make her look at me, giving her a soft smile. I know what she went through with her ex and that is horrible, I understand how she must be feeling right now and know she only wanted to protect herself without clearly thinking.

"Don't feel guilty, you did nothing wrong" I say as I stroke her cheek.

"I just want you to know that I'll never betray you like your ex did, I'll never hurt you like that, I'll never let you go again" I say.

"Just a moment ago, I thought I lost you, that you weren't going to be in my world anymore, and as I did I felt it crashing down on me" I explain.

"I realised you are the only girl that catches my eyes every single day, the only girl who can make me feel happy, the only girl who understands me, the only person I can see a future with" I state.

She gives me a smile and brings her hand to my cheek, stroking it as her eyes sparkle with soft tears, slowly coming down and falling on her cheeks as I wipe them away.

"You are the only girl I love, I love you Y/N, no matter what" I say.

She stares at me before she pulls me in for a passionate kiss, smashing her lips on mine. I immediately respond by pulling her closer, bringing my hands behind her head to deepen the kiss. She slowly pulls away from me for a moment, panting from the passionate moment before speaking the magic words.

"I love you too, no matter what"

A/N: Hello loves! Only one more part after this!! Let me know what y'all think, much love <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.3K 671 15
in which Taehyung and Jungkook have been best friends forever, Taehyung has had the biggest crush on him forever. Now they're in college. And Jungkoo...
13.7K 663 21
Seokjin X Reader (female) Miss (L/n). The leader of the most High class working and earning mafia gang. She's witty, she's sweet, she's sharp, ambiti...
2.8K 175 25
Jungkook and his 6 best friends always have had a blast in college. What happens when he falls in love with one of them? What's even worse is would h...
149K 11.8K 37
Kim Seokjin was a normal college student struggling to pass in his French class every semester. When this semester, he barely passed, he knew he'll h...