Little White Lies | Klaus Mik...

By rancidqueef16

"You call me up just to break me like a promise. So casually cruel in the name of being honest," "This thing... More

Alaric
Save The Last Dance for Me
What Did You Do?
Awaken
Adjusting
History
Threats
Damon, You Dumbass
Mother Nature is a Bit of a Bitch
Taking a Swim
Road Trip From Hell
Prank Night
Fire
Back to Work
Oh, Kinky
Blood for Dinner
High School Dance From Hell
Accidents Happen
He's Dead
Not What She Seems
Another Problematic Dance
A Series of Unfortunate Events
Resurrection Never Hurt Anyone
You Are Not Dead
I Need to Sanitize My Mouth
Taking Care of the Kids
To Catch a Vampire Hunter
I Hate You
Tired of Being Alone
Its a Mad World
Sired
Christmas Day
Gossip Circle
He's Chum
Like the Hunger Games
Babysitting
Family Reunion
Human
Denial
I Got Flashed
Expression
Friendship
Reality As I Knew It
What's Broken May Be Fixed
Family Photo
Little White Lies

The Devil Comes Back to Town

6.9K 201 135
By rancidqueef16

I sat with Stefan in the living room, waiting in nail-biting apprehension for him to call Klaus. Our plan to subdue Stefan had failed, well, miserable. He pressed down on the dial button, and I waited. One, two, three. Three seconds between each ring. Finally, on the fifth ring, Klaus picked up. Stefan put the phone on speaker, and I waited nervously for Klaus to speak.

And then, finally, "Portland is fantastic once you get over all the whiney music and healthy-looking people," His voice was deep and metallurgic, per usual. And I hated it. It made frightened butterflies slam themselves into my ribs, threatening to break their cage and fly away with every passing moment. Klaus continued, "But It's literally a breeding ground for werewolves."

"Your father's dead," Stefan announced, completely disregarding Klaus' previous sentiments.

Suddenly, a mist of nervousness coated the room, making the calm sea of my mind become dark and corrupt, capsizing every sensical thought. I heard Klaus breathe in a sharp, warning breath, "What did you just say to me?"

Stefan still smiled. Even with his humanity off, how could he just smile, "Oh my mistake, not your actual father, and not dead," Stefan clarified, "Mikael. Daggered."

I glanced at the desiccated vampire on the floor, a dagger sticking out of his chest, "What do you want me to do with the body?" Stefan asked nonchalantly.

"Well, first, I want you to explain to me exactly what happened," Klaus demanded, as he struggled to keep his voice calm. Now, this could make or break everything.

Both Stefan and I knew what he'd happened. A vampire, tall, strict, angry, had came to our door and asked for assistance in the killing of Klaus. And we easily obliged. But Klaus was smart, and Stefan was forced to tell him the truth since he'd been sired. So we'd have to dagger Mikael right in front of Stefan's eyes for this plan not to fall through. And so we did. But the partial story Stefan was telling was nerve wracking, and I knew he was teetering in the edge.

"I want to see him. I want to see his rotting body for myself," Klaus' now furious, shaking voice hissed through the phone. My heart began beating rapidly, sending a plethora of adrenaline throughout my entire body.

Stefan scoffed, readjusting the way he held his phone as he walked towards Mikael, nudging his unconscious body with the tip of his shoe, "Well he's here. Come by whenever."

"If you're lying to me, Stefan, your compulsion will expose you," Klaus seethed, "So answer with your life... Is what you're saying true?"

"It's true. I saw it with my own eyes," Stefan responded. And so he did. But there was still so many ways this plan could fall through. And perhaps that's why I felt like I was going to be sick.

"I want to talk to Rebekah," He demanded, his voice sharp, prepared to cut you should you not do as he said.

"That's not a problem, she's right here," Stefan walked over to a tense Rebekah. I, for one, was surprised she'd agreed to kill her own brother with us. There was history, I mean, they're siblings. Somehow, Elena had convinced Rebekah to join our side, which I need to applaud her for. She seemed like a loyal foot soldier before, doing as Klaus asked without a second thought.

Rebekah took the phone, "Hello, Nik." She was nervous. She could mess this all us for us in a single moment. I felt goosebumps rising on my flesh as I studied her mannerisms.

"Rebekah, love, what's this I hear about Mikael's tragic run-in with a dagger?" Klaus questioned. His voice accumulated a soft, yet still suspicious, air to it. It was such a huge difference, it almost sounded like a different person.

Rebekah glanced at Elena hesitantly. She nodded, "It's true. He's finally out of our lives for good," Elena squeezed my arm nervously.
There was silence on the other end for a few moments, no doubt Klaus questioning the allegiance of even his own blood, "I miss you, I'm miserable here," Rebekah continued, a small pout across her face.

"I'll be home soon," Klaus spoke ever so gently. I released a heavy breath the moment Rebekah hung up.

"He bought it, he's coming home," She spoke, shoving the phone into Damon's chest and walking into the other room. I get a tug of sympathy for her. This must have been hard, betraying her own blood. She'd explained her discontent for him, but in the end, would she really be able to pull it off? Because simply hearing her voice made her entire body tense.
______

Everyone left into a different room once we'd removed the dagger from Mikaels chest. After all, he was in charge of the actual murder investigation of the immortal hybrid. Rebekah and I sat down. There was silence. The normal awkwardness was hardly noticeable, as we were both lost in our own trains of thought. I tapped rhythmically on my leg, wondering how in the hell I was supposed to help her feel better.

"Rebekah?" My voice came out relatively quiet. I waited for her to respond. After a few moments, she didn't bother to say anything. I took a deep breath and continued nonetheless, "I know he's your brother. You're allowed to feel guilty. At least in the end the world will be just a little bit better. Right? And you contributed to that,"

"Why are you being nice to me? I've been a raging bitch throughout this whole ordeal," She finally spoke, and she sounded as if she were on the brink of tears. Even the oldest, strongest, and cruelest of beings were still people- who cried when things became too hard.

"Well, if I were in your shoes I'd want someone to say the same thing to me," I responded, my fingers still drumming absentmindedly on my leg, "And if I'm on your good side you might not murder me," She chuckled and shook her head. She was about to respond when Mikael's hand moved around. He turned to the side, coughing.

She sat back in her chair as he caught his breath, "Finally," Rebekah mumbled, eyeing the weakened man with both fear and hatred.

Mikael turned to her, his eyes widening in shock. I mean, how long had it been since they'd last seen each other? A century? Two?

"Took you long enough," She continued, playing with the dagger in her hand, an obvious threat. Perhaps it was just me, but she didn't seem half as confident as she pretended to be.

"Rebekah," He responded hoarsely, coughing and sputtering as he struggled to recover from the dagger.

She interrupted him, "Whatever fatherly rubbish you're thinking, save it," she took a deep breath, "Nothing you say matters to me,"

He nodded, looking down. I couldn't tell if he was recovering, now, or simply ashamed. He should be ashamed. But still, I almost felt bad. Almost. "I see," Mikael responded.

He stood slowly, searching his pockets, "Where's my dagger?" I hadn't seen anyone take it. We used our own dagger, not his.

"Elena has it," Rebekah replied angrily, "so you can forget your plans to use it on me." There was such malice in her voice, it was hard not to notice her deep-seated hatred.

The father took a deep breath, glancing at his wounded daughter, "You were never the one I was after,"

Rebekah chuckled bitterly, "Nik was my family, and you were after him. If you're coming for him, you're coming for me, too." So there it was. The familial love.

Mikael shook his head. Why was I always in the middle of other people's personal issues? "He blinded you, Rebekah, he killed your mother."

Rebekah stood up, walking towards him, "I know what he did, and he will pay for it with his life. But Nik was not born a killer, none of us were," She hissed, "You did this to us when you turned us into vampires,"

She took a shaky breath, "You destroyed our family... Not him," I could see tears brimming in his eyes as she turned away from him.
And just like She walked away, bumping her shoulder on his, earning a grunt from him.

"Rebekah," He called after her, but she was already gone. He looked towards me, as if he expected my sympathy. I scoffed and walked past him, making it quite obvious I didn't give a fuck about how he felt.

________

"I hate everything in my closet. I have nothing to wear to homecoming," Elena complained, a frown across her face. She slammed her closet closed angrily.

Bonnie and I sat on the bed, shuffling through old pictures. They had odd symbols on them, some disfigured, some discolored. "So don't go. Let's stay home, order take-out, and over-analyze ancient hieroglyphic thingies with Alaric," She picked up two pictures, showing them to Elena.

Elena took the pictures and threw them off the bed, "We have to go," She cried, throwing her arms in the air frantically.

I nodded, "Caroline will have our heads and I can't promise that's a joke." Seriously, she could. I wouldn't put it past her, "I bet they're just gonna play church camp music. Like that one Geronimo song?"

"Oh, Caroline actually has a date," Bonnie responded timidly, placing the remaining hieroglyphics on the bed next to her.

"Boo, Caroline," I mumbled, flopping face down on the bed, "Such a whore. You know- I don't like calling other women whores, but Caroline has no right to ditch us for Tyler. He has armpit hair,"

"You're as much as a whore as she is," Bonnie mused, "Matt asked you out, correct? That's what he told me,"

"Don't remind me," I groaned, letting out a huff, "Matt's a sweet guy, he is. But the last time we fought he started talking about how he was a disappointment and should just die and never find love. What kind of apology is that? Fucking red flag,"

_______

"We can't trust Rebekah not to turn on us," Elena muttered as she, Damon and I sat around her kitchen table. I, for one, disagreed. Sure, she was iffy, but I didn't take her as one to go back on her words.

"Oh, really?" Damon asked sarcastically, his eyebrow quirked, "Because those original vampires are usually really reliable."

"I think we should trust her," I responded, shrugging, "She's given us no reason not to do so. She's different than Elijah, I can tell,"

"I don't know, Em. Bonnie was right," Elena responded, "Rebekah may be mad at Klaus now, but he is her brother,"

"Her lying, mama-killing, dagger-happy brother," Damon corrected,.

Elena walked over to him, "Wolfesbane's ready?" He nodded, throwing her a small canister. "There are too many things that can go wrong with this plan," She spoke, eyeing me as she spoke, "Too many people who can make it go wrong."

I raised my eyebrows, crossing my arms. "And I'm one of them?" Is she seriously gonna play this right now? I'm for this plan just as much as them.

She shrugged, "You're on team Rebekah, Em." I scoffed, my jaw slightly agape at the absolute nerve.

"You should be too," I cried, my voice growing in volume, "She's done literally nothing that says she can't go through with this. I mean, seriously Elena-,"

Footsteps sounded from the staircase, pausing the angry rant I was about to go on. Stefan walked in, "I need to borrow a tie,"

"You have your own ties," Damon responded. He sounded irritated. Whether it was because of me or because of Stefan was up for debate.

"I'm 162 years old and I'm going to a homecoming dance," Stefan mumbled, "I need better ties,"

Elena crossed her arms, her voice coming out aggravated, "You can just not go,"

"No," Stefan countered, "I'm compelled to protect you, and if I look at your track-record of high school dances, it's pretty tragic. By my luck, you'll go ahead and get yourself murdered by the homecoming queen,"

"My freedom from Klaus rests entirely upon you three executing your plan perfectly," He muttered, Looking at a tie through the mirror. He'd brought a few down in his coat pockets. "So, sorry if I'm being cynical,"

"You're the one we should be worried about," I grumbled, "If Klaus aks you one wrong question, whole thing falls apart,"

"You do have a reason to be worried," Stefan responded, turning to me as he finished tying his tie, "but if I look at our past of epic plan failures, it's usually because one of us lets out humanity in the way. Usually it's Elena. My bet is on Emma, this time."

"Not cool, Stefan,"

"I'll see you at homecoming. I can't wait." Stefan mumbled, putting up his hands and waving then around jokingly.

____

As Damon and I were speaking at the dining room, I suddenly heard footsteps on the stairs. One, two, three. I turned and saw Elena making her way up the stairs, where Rebekah was. I didn't really take notice of it until I noticed the dagger Elena held in her hand. I felt my eyes widen as I stood from my chair.

"Elena? What the hell do you think you're doing?" I hissed, closing off the distance between the both of us in a few steps.

Damon sped in front of me, causing me to collide with his chest and stumble backwards. He grabbed my arm, and almost threateningly spoke, "Back off, Emma, I'm warning you."

I yanked my arm out of his grip, my glare angry and unwavering as I spat, "Did you just fucking threaten me? Are you out of your damn mind?"

He didn't respond for a moment, meeting Elena's eyes and shaking his head. She nodded at Damon. "I'm sorry," He spoke ever so softly as I felt my vervain bracelet give way. My heart dropped down into my stomach as I took a step back, glancing at the bracelet that now sat on the floor next to Damon.

"What- Damon what are you doing?" I demanded, the anger in my voice now replaced by apprehension, and perhaps, fear.

I didn't even have time to think when his blue eyes, normally like a flowing river, now cold and icy, stared into mine, "Don't move and don't make any noise until she comes back down," He spoke. I felt all of the muscles in my body freeze, and I was left with one predominant feeling.

Betrayal.

Damon and I waited in complete, agonizing silence. I used every fiber of my being to try to force myself to move, but I couldn't. My heart thumped duly in my chest, as I struggled to keep my breathing normal. It's like they'd taken my trust and thrown it away like it was nothing. It didn't hurt as much as I expected it too, though. Perhaps I'd expected it.

My thoughts froze the moment I heard a sharp scream from upstairs, and not moments
I heard Elena walk back downstairs as I gained the ability to walk and speak. But it didn't feel that way as I stood, frozen in place. Perhaps it was the angriness, or the surprise. I glanced at Damon and Elena, my mouth opening and closing in a silent debate with my own mind.

"It's not personal, Em," Elena said with a shrug looking towards Damon for reassurance. Maybe validation.

"God, you're so daft," I spat at her, my fists clenched in angry, "And yes, taking away my free will is personal. You know what else is personal? Being manipulative and betraying Rebekah after she trusted you."

"Fuck both of you,"

_______

Matt and I stood in front of the gym as firemen closed off the entrance. No way I'd spent hours preparing for this stupid dance only for it to close down. I ran up to Caroline, who stared at the school with a disheartening frown across her face.

"What happened?" She asked angrily, the most passionate of looks in her eye. I truly flew bad for her. She'd spent so long preparing for this dance. Talked about it for weeks.

"Gym's flooded," Tyler responded as he bounded towards us, "The dance is canceled."

"Well, what are we supposed to do now?" Caroline cried, slamming her hands to her side, almost seeming in the verge of tears.

Tyler stood frozen, a small frown across his face. So what was he to do? How would he foE this? And suddenly, he blurted out, "We'll gave it at my house!"

I grabbed Matt's arm, who I'd agreed to take the the dance, and smiled, "Yeah! That'll be fun,"

______

We all got in separate cars, Caroline and I together. We sat in silence. Usually we'd play one direction or complain about the day's events. But no, I stared out the window, tapping on the glass.

"You seem off, Em," Caroline muttered, peeling her eyes from the road just long enough to give me a small frown.

"Yeah, um," I turned my body to face her, a frown, too, tugging at my lips, "Damon compelled me earlier. Elena and him agreed on it. I guess I'm just kinda angry-,"

"Excuse me?" She demanded, her voice raising a few octaves as her face completely fell. Hell, she seemed more effected by it than me.
"Elena's gonna have a lot of explaining to do,"

I shook my head, "It's fine, It's not personal," I mocked Elena in a higher voice, "No, really, it's fine. It's my fault for thinking my they'd never do anything like that.

We arrived at the party shortly after. Strobe lights blinded me and music deafened me. Hundreds of teenagers ran around, some with drinks, some with cigars. It had been fifteen fucking minutes. How did Tyler mange put this all together?

"How did Tyler plan a better party than me so fast?" Caroline asked, glancing around in awe. She almost yelled in surprise, "Is there a band playing outside!?"

I heard guitar music and people singing. And teenagers yelling. Well, predominantly yelling. I shook my head, "Damn, Tyler. Touche."

We got out of the car and made a beeline towards Bonnie, who sat among the sweaty teens. "Who are all these people?" Bonnie asked, glancing at all the random people in the dance. This was a homecoming dance? Why did everyone here look older than us. I swear I've passed at least three old mean.

"This is weird, where is Tyler?" Caroline asked, a frown across her face. Was she seriously jealous of Tyler's party skills? Bitch is crazy.

Caroline walked off to find him, Bonnie following Elena across the room. I frowned as I was left alone with all the kids. They yelled and screamed, their loud voices making me feel sick. I ran to follow Caroline, but eventually got lost among all the other blondes. I swear I saw Matt across the hall, but his head disappeared just as quickly. I was distracted from looking around when a kid bumped into my, pouring a large portion of his drink on my shoes. He didn't even apologize. I felt painfully out of place among all of the other kids. I stood awkwardly and held my arms crossed around my body, as if to provide me with some sort of comfort. This night was already a bust.

I'm probably being dramatic, but the situation did become a little miserable.

I walked upstairs, grabbing my own drink. The music was quieter upstairs. I walked the long, white corridors for quite a while. I turned to a room, opening the door. I saw two figures in there, and it took a few moments of staring before I realized they were having... intercourse.

"Ah- Fuck, I'm sorry," I hissed as I slammed the door closed. I continued down the hall, laughing at my own awkwardness. When I came upon another door, far enough from the couple so I didn't hear their fun, I knocked. This time, I waited a few moments before answering the door. When no one answered, a soft smile lit my face and I opened the door. The room was pretty bland, white a few couches, and a piano in the middle of the room. The carpet was créme, but the rest of the room had darker undertones.

I placed my glass on top of the piano, and sat down. I stared at the sleek, black wood for a few moments. Ever so carefully, as if they would break beneath my fingers, I ran my fingers across the keys. They were cold, some a bit dusty. This piano, and room in general, hadn't been used for quite sometime. I pushed down on a few keys, further left on the piano. They were higher than the ones further on the right. I brought my hands closer to the middle, hoping to find the middle 'C' or whatever it was called.

3, 3, 4, 5, 5, 4, 3, 2. I remember learning "Ode to Joy" in, what, second grade? We didn't even learn the notes themselves, just the numbers of which finger to press down on. How old was I in second grade? Eight, maybe. That was one of the years with a good foster home. I'd spent my days awash in juice box's, chocolate milk and ice cream. I remember quite enjoying that house. It always smelled of lilacs and a summer day, even in the cold of a New Hampshire winter.

You know, New Hampshire doesn't get the hype it deserves. It's quite gorgeous, and they had delicious food there. There was this one theme park I'd went to with my childhood friend, Reagan, called Cannobie Lake Park. I swear, I went on almost every single ride they had to offer. I remember, rather fondly, how often we went to this restaurant called "Marry-Anne's." It was a 50's theme restaurant, and had been my favorite for quite some time.

I heard the door open and close, distracting me from my train of thoughts. I sighed timidly, and spoke without bothering to face the person that had entered, "If you're a drunk football player with a loose concept of consent, you can

The footsteps continued towards me. I wasn't particularly nervous, still not bothering to turn around. That was, until, I heard a chuckle. That damned chuckle. I inhaled sharply as I felt my entire body tense.

"Klaus," I spoke. At first, it sounded cordial. But if you actually listened, you could sense both fear and disdain.

"You speak my name with such disdain," He murmured, placing a hand to his chest as if he were wounded, before continuing, "You needn't worry, love. You're not on my hit-list,"

I turned towards him, his piercing blue eyes staring into mine as he stood just a few feet in front of me. "Very reassuring," I said mockingly, crossing my arms in front of my body. I was scared. Both he and I knew it. But, still, I felt inclined to pretend as if I wasn't.

"Now," I continued, inhaling a sharp breath, "If that's all, you can leave. It's hard to wallow in self-pity when you have a serial killer standing over you,"

"Wallow in self pity? Isn't it your homecoming? Where's your... school spirit, I believe it's called," He questioned in his monotonous voice, crossing his arms.

"I'm probably gonna fail out of school and everyone else here sucks," I responded, "So excuse me if I'm not inclined to get drunk with a bunch of horny teenagers,"

"Come with me," he spoke, his hand suddenly a few inches away from me. I switched between staring at his hands and his eyes. Why should I follow him? What did he want? Why was he smiling like that? Well what the fuck was I supposed to do now? Take his hand to wherever magical place he wanted to go and probably end up murdered, or say no and still end up murdered. Damned if I do and damned if I don't.

"Give me one viable reason why I should take your hand,"

There was silence for a moment. He didn't seem particularly offended, but his stare did begin to make me shift my weight in my chair, "Well, if me telling you to follow me isn't a viable reason, would you prefer I threaten your life?" He questioned, his face stoic. I couldn't tell if he was joking or not.

Jesus, this man was bipolar. I frowned and stared down at his hands for a few more moments. They were rough, but seemingly gentle on the finger tips. Veins ran up and down the back of them. Eventually, I stood up, "That's good enough for me,"

Just as I was about to take his hand, the door slammed open to reveal Stefan. I gasped and stepped away from Klaus, just in time for Stefan to speak, "Would you like me to take you to your father?"

Klaus' eyes narrowed as he stared at Stefan. Why was he angry? Eventually, though, he did speak, "Well, it wouldn't be a party without the guest of honor, would it?" I wonder why he held so much discontent for his own father. And his family members, at that. "Bring him to me," Klaus ordered, still staring down Stefan.

"Sure," Stefan began. He hesitated, but eventually did speak, "Perhaps there's something in it for me?" Klaus furrowed his eyebrows, inviting Stefan to go on. Even I was interested about what he was going to ask. My question was answered when he said, "My freedom from your compulsion?"

"Oh, you want your freedom?" Klaus asked as if he were speaking to a child. He took a few steps towards Stefan, whispering, "Well once he's dead, and his weapon is destroyed, you'll have your freedom. It'll be my pleasure to give it back to you,"

Stefan nodded, "good. I'll go get your desiccated daddy," And he left, closing the door behind him. Leaving me with Klaus. Alone.

There was silence for a few moments as I contemplated speaking the words that were at the tip of my tongue. Eventually, though, I did speak, "You know, I didn't want to tell you, but I'm afraid you're a bit of an asshole,"

"I'm only surprised it's taken you so long to notice," He responded, offering me, what was that? A smile? I didn't think he could do it. But, indeed, he did have the ability to smile. And it was a charming smile.

"Huh, you smile? I didn't know you could do that," I said with a shrug, "I guess I was a bit distracted by your being a serial killer,"

I'd taken Klaus' hand. Yes, I did it. Looking back, it was that decision which led to the chain of events that lead to where I am now. But, even after now, I knew I'd of taken it a million times more.

I placed my hands on his shoulders, and his just brushed my wait. It made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up, and my breath hitch in my throat. I wasn't sure if it was the nerves, or, perhaps, the crushing fear on my chest that threatened to devour me whole every time he met my eyes.

"I know, I'm a natural," I complimented myself, a soft smile across my face. The music at the homecoming dance was so loud, I could hardly hear my own voice. Or thoughts, for that matter, "Thanks for noticing,"

I didn't like the silence. I hated silence. I didn't know what to say. I didn't understand why he'd wanted to dance with me. What did he have to say? And why did he need to dance with me to say it? "Indeed," He agreed with my previous statement, staring down at me with furrowed eyebrows.

"So, uh," I began, meeting his eyes after looking at literally anything else for the past five minutes, "What do you want..? Why did you offer me to-," I froze for a moment as I noticed Matt and Elena dancing. I felt a hot flash thought my body, and realized I was... jealous. I wasn't sure why. Sure, I'd been his girlfriend for like two days, but I simply couldn't understand why I would get angry that he was dancing with another girl. Maybe I was just mad at Elena. First, she takes my freewill, now my boyfriend.

My attention was turned back to Klaus as his hands brushed against my hips once more. I turned back towards him, peeking over his shoulder every once and again. "Is something bothering you?" He asked. Wow. He almost sounded like he actually cared. I had to admit, it was a bit shocking to hear. That's not to say uninvited. As much as I hated him, and barely knew him, he appeared to have a softer side. One I hadn't seen too much of. I'd never let myself get close enough to find my way through it, that's for damn sure.

"Nothing's bothering me," I spoke, shrugging my shoulders, "I just have a deep and profound hatred for men,"

His eyes rows raised in confusion. I couldn't tell if he thought the joke was funny, or if he was judging me. Eventually, though, his metallurgic voice spoke, "Is that really it?"

I don't know," I murmured. My voice was softer now, a breathier air to it. My lips formed a straight line as I finished, "Call me jealous,"

I felt Klaus' hands dig into my hips ever so slightly. Not so much that it hurt, but so much so it was noticeable. My eyes snapped up to meet his. His eyes narrowed, and he leaned a bit closer to me, as if he were about to tell me a secret. And in a soft, raspy voice, he said, "If that dullard chooses to dance with the doppelgänger instead of you... he is a fool,"

Electricity. Like an instant connection, sending a jolt of heat all over my entire body. Where I should feel fear, I suddenly felt enthralled. It was the oddest of sensations, like a glimmer of a star across a night sky. My breath had hitched in my throat, and I became incredibly aware of just how close we were. And just like that, a single sentence, I felt myself drawn to him in a way I'd never been drawn to anyone else. 1:58am.

Emma... what are you doing?

There it was. My rational mind. I so desperately wished it had kicked in before I'd felt that electric shock. I took a few steps back, putting distance between the both of us, "I-, uh," I took a deep breath, "I need to use the bathroom or something,"

And just like that, I turned away. Like Cinderella leaving the ball. Dramatic as it may be, I felt so, incredibly confused, I felt sick. Klaus is a monster. What was I thinking? Even taking his fucking hand was ridiculous.

I opened the door and immediately collapsed onto the nearest bench. I felt like a hand was crushing my chest. I couldn't breathe. It was one of the oddest sensations I'd ever experienced. The most intense. And Klaus had evoked it. I mean, seriously? The one guy in this fucking town that I want nothing to do with. Not only is that inopportune, it's completely bullshit.

I needed to stop. To think. To weigh. And once I finished weighing, both my heart and my mind unanimously decided they needed to stay away from Klaus Mikaelson. Not only for my physical safety, but for my mental safety. I hated him. I had since the moment I'd laid eyes on him. And I have had every right to.

I just needed to remind myself of that. It's not like I'm going to let one single fading, insignificant moment mess with my mind for the rest of the night. This man kidnapped me. And he killed Jenna. It was my homecoming, and there's no way I'm letting Klaus Mikaelson of all people mess that up. After all, he was going to die tonight. Without a shadow of a doubt. So I am going to get out of this mood, go back inside, and shake my ass with a bunch of stupid teenagers.

And just like that, the fragile flame that had slowly begun burning throughout the night was blown out, and the match tossed away with it.

I was disturbed from my thoughts when I heard footsteps nearing the front door. I glanced up, and with surprise, noticed Mikael, in a crisp suit.

I stood up, "Mikael? What are you doing here? The plan isn't supposed to be enacted until 3am," I whisper-yelled. He was gonna mess this all up for us. All of it.

"I believe it's called the element of surprise," He responded, his words sharp and concise. It left one to wonder if he was always just a complete and utter asshole.

"Element of surprise? What?" I hissed, taking a few steps towards him, "Klaus doesn't even know about the fucking plan! The only person you're surprising right now are your own fucking allies!"

"Stop complaining, girl. And stay where you are," He demanded, as if he were speaking to someone sub-human.

"Katherine is supposed to be the bait, for god's sake," I continued, "Whatever. Screw this up for us, go ahead. I'm getting Damon," I made a move to walk past him. But just as I was next to him, his arm extended at gripped my wrist. It was... painful. And a little shocking.

I glanced between his hand grasping my wrist, and then his face. Slowly, I felt anger beginning to simmer in my chest. And then, my face stoic, threatening to explode in a single moment, I spoke calmly, "Remove your hand from my wrist... right now. Or I will take it, and shove it so far up your ass you can see it when you yawn-,"

"Hello Mikael," A voice greeted, seemingly 10x angrier than I. I turned to the source, wincing in pain at the grip still on my wrist. The pain prohibited my movements so much so, I almost seemed paralyzed. But I actually felt frozen, when I realized who the voice belonged to. Klaus. He stood at the door, hands by his side, back straight as an arrow. An eerie calm now over took his face as he spoke, "Won't you come in? Oh, that's right, I forgot. You can't."

"Or you could come outside if you want?" Mikael hissed, speaking to his son with douche disdain and hatred it even made me uncomfortable.

"I could watch my hybrids tear you limb from limb," Klaus responded monotonously. I turned my glance behind me, and become shockingly aware of six, maybe seven hybrids that slowly rounded the corner, arriving maybe fifty feet behind Mikael and I. The next realization I made caused my face to pale, and my heartbeat to speed up. I was the bait.

"They can't kill me," Mikael responded, his smile wide and smug. His confidence was angering. Like no insult, no attack, nothing could actually hurt him.

"Yeah, but it'll make a hell of a party game," Klaus responded, raising his fingers, "All I have to do is rub these two fingers together, and they'll pounce,"

"The big, bad wolf," Mikael mocked, taking a few steps forward, forcing me to follow him "You haven't changed, still hiding behind your playthings like a coward," The glare Klaus sent him was one of the most jarring things I'd ever seen. It held the anger of a thousand days, a thousand nights, a million years of waiting. Of thinking. Of hating. "You may forget," Mikael continued, his voice low, "They may be sired to you, but they're still part vampire and they can be compelled by me." The way the hybrids all smiled made me realize, with a mix of confusion and fear, that Mikael had already compelled them. He'd rigged the game before it even started.

"She's a pretty thing, isn't she?" Mikael spoke suddenly, removing the dagger from his pocket and combing through a small piece of my hair with the blade. I felt disgust curl at my spine, the repulsion his touch caused me made me want to run the opposite way.

"Don't fucking touch me," I hissed, my heart thumping rapidly in my chest. My face was flushed, my jaw was clenched, my mouth was dry and my muscles were tensed. I couldn't pinpoint whether it was from fear or disgust, but they were the predominant emotions in my mind.

"Come out and face me, Niklaus, or she dies," Mikael insisted, lowering the dagger towards my neck. I take it back, the predominant emotion was definitely fear. I craned my neck away, struggling until I was stuck against his chest, and there was simply no where I could go. Fuck.

"Go ahead," Klaus drawled, his eyes narrowing. I felt my stomach drop into my chest, as if I were coming down from a high, when I realized what he meant. My worries we're confirmed when he encouraged Mikael, "Kill her,"

"What?! No," I hissed as panic began to plant itself in the lining of my stomach where butterflies of fear fluttered manically.

"I just need to be rid of you," Klaus hissed, as if he hadn't noticed my cries of fear. Of course he didn't care, you idiot. He was toying with you. But still, Klaus was the only one in this situation who I could ask for help. It was humiliating, because I knew he wouldn't ever help me.

"To what end, Niklaus?" Mikael seethed, his grip on my only tightening, "So you can live forever with no one at your side? Nobody cares about you anymore, boy,"

Klaus' glare was filled with hatred. The kind of hatred only a broken home could create. As time had gone by, the hatred had aged with it. It had simmered in the form of shadow at the back of his mind. An ancient being with resentment that was old as him, and a mental weight heavier than the oceans were deep.

"Who do you have other than those whose loyalty you have forced? No one," Mikael spoke once more. His disliking was there; but not as prevalent than his sons'.

"I'm calling your bluff, father," Klaus muttered, with an edge to his voice that sliced at my skin as he finished, "Kill her,"

I met Mikael's eyes and shook my head, the desperate practically leaking out of my pores. This was not the plan. No one was actually supposed to be in danger. I almost believed Mikael wouldn't actually hurt me when he chuckled, "Come outside and face me, you little coward, and I won't have to."

"My whole life you've underestimated me. If you kill her, you lose your leverage," He seethed, hands shaking, "So go on, kill her,"

I shook my head frantically, looking between the pair, begging for someone to meet my eyes and help me. This wasn't part of the plan. Mikael had gone rogue. He'd betrayed us and I was paying for it. Not moments later, I heard my own voice begging. "Don't let him hurt me," I whispered, my eyes widened. And, finally, Klaus looked at me. But he didn't look apologetic. He looked determined. And that's when the grim realization dawned on me. I'm going to die.

And with cold, angry eyes still staring into mine, he said, "Come on, old man. Kill her," It was like slap across the face. I didn't expect him to help me. No, he was an egotistical maniac. He'd never do that. But he didn't need to look me in the eyes and tell Mikael to kill me.

There was silence. Tension filled the air so much so, it became hard to breathe. And finally, with a deafening yell that echoed around the room, Klaus bellowed, "Kill her!"

Mikael chuckled a slow, menacing chuckle. The hair on the back of my neck stood up as he spoke, "Your impulse, Niklaus. It has, and will forever be the one thing that keeps you from being truly great," There was silence.

And then that silence was punctured with my own scream, as the dagger was embedded in my stomach. With wide, watery eyes, I met Klaus.' I struggled for breath for five, six seconds, and fell to my knees, blood beginning to drench my dress.

And in immense pain, I felt my senses beginning to dissipate, and my world becoming dark.

HEY losers 🙄🙄🖐😡. So it's December 7th 2020. So basically I wrote this chapter in 2019 and just realized I FORGOT A LITTLE GOODBYE NOTE. 🤺sorry. 🤺🤺🤺🤺 okst though this is the goodbye note you're gonna get you greedy whore

~Delaney

Fuck u.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

66.4K 1.9K 31
She always had a one-tracked life planned out, she was going to be a surgeon and she was going to help cure or at least manage the very disease that...
310K 5.9K 70
CURRENTLY UNDER EDITING Y/N Lily Potter, The girl who lived. Twin Sister to Harry Potter. Their Hogwarts Journey. I do not own the Harry Potter Seri...
352K 6K 56
All these imagines are from Tumblr (tumblr.com). I do NOT own them. All the rights and credits go to their respective authors. This story is on my Qu...
169K 5.6K 59
PERIPETEIA [per-uh-peh-tahy-uh] • GREEK (n.) sudden or unexpected reversal of circumstances; the point of no return. While entangled in a plot to sa...