His One Powerful Mate (Rewrit...

By CLDorner

Hi Readers, Before you read this book, I just wanted to say that I am currently in the process of rewriting... More

Prologue - Edited
Chapter 1 - Edited
Chapter 2 - Edited
Authors Note
Chapter 4 - Edited
Chapter 5 - Edited
Authors Note
Chapter 6 - Edited
Chapter 7 - Edited
Author's Note
Chapter 8 - Edited
Chapter 9 - Edited
Chapter 10 - Edited
Chapter 11 - Edited
Authors Note
Chapter 12 - Edited
Chapter 13 - Edited
Chapter 14 - Edited
Chapter 15 - Edited
Chapter 16 - Edited
Chapter 17 - Edited
Chapter 18 - Edited
Chapter 19 - Edited
Chapter 20 - Edited
Author Note
Chapter 21 - Edited
Chapter 22 - Edited
Chapter 23 - Edited
Chapter 24 - Edited
Chapter 25 - Edited
Chapter 26 - Edited
Chapter 27 - Edited
Chapter 28 - Edited
Chapter 29 - Edited
Chapter 30 - Edited
Chapter 31 - Edited
Chapter 32 - Edited
Chapter 33 - Edited
Chapter 34 - Edited
Authors Note
Chapter 35 - Edited
Chapter 36 - Edited
Chapter 37 - Edited
Chapter 38 - Edited
Chapter 39 - Edited
Chapter 40 - Edited
Authors Note
Chapter 41 - Edited
Chapter 42 - Edited
Chapter 43 - Edited
Authors Note
Author's Update
Chapter 44 - Edited
Chapter 45 - Edited
Chapter 46 - Edited
Chapter 47 - Edited
Chapter 48 - Edited
Chapter 49 - Edited
Chapter 50 - Edited
Chapter 51 - Edited
Epilogue - Edited

Chapter 3 - Edited

8.8K 212 12
By CLDorner

Ava woke the next day in hospital. 

The sun had just begun to creep up the windows of her room but the light was too bright for her tired eyes. She cried out when the sun started to get brighter. She covered her eyes with her hands but it wasn't enough. She turned over in bed, which pulled the muscles in her back and caused her to scream out in pain.Hands touched her side carefully patting down her back trying to ease some of the discomfort.

The hands were strong and gentle at first and made her moan as the pain began to subside. She let out a shaky breath and closed her eyes letting the hands work the muscles in her back.

She didn't notice the tingling up her back until her vision started to clear and her pain subsided a little.

"How do you feel?" The voice rumbled.

Hamish? Crap!

She wasn't going to be snarky. She didn't have the energy. She would thank him and let that be that.

"Thanks, Ham sandwich. I appreciate the help." She whispered as her breath hitched in her lungs as the pain started again.

Hamish could sense the power surging upward. Her muscles were tightening again as soon as he finished unloosening one knot in Ava's back.

She sighed, the air rushing out of her mouth quickly. Her eyes starting to water as the pain started again. She opened her eyes just a little bit and looked at him the pain clearly in her eyes.

"Shhh, don't talk just breathe." He said. 

She closed her eyes again and let Hamish work on her back. 

A nurse walked in, Violet, and watched as one of the most powerful alphas worked on massaging their patients back.

Violet walked in and checked over Ava before stating.

"I will ask the doctor about giving you a muscle relaxant to help with the muscle spasms."

Hamish nodded quickly but kept his eyes on his mate. Ava was beginning to relax again under his hands, but he could feel another muscle in her back begin to tense. He didn't have enough hands to get to all the places that needed attention and unknotting.

He was worried she would scream again if he stopped, so he focused on making sure he thoroughly worked through each spasm one by one.

The doctor came into the room and assessed the situation before pulling out a syringe from her white coat pocket.

"Ava, I have a muscle relaxant, that your parents say your not allergic to and I'm just going to inject it into your leg quickly. It might hurt a little but it will help with the pain. I need your consent."

Ava nodded and blew out a hurried "yes" and the doctor carefully administered the drug.

Ava could feel the drug working through her system and her back started to relax.

It relaxed so much that she nearly fell off the bed. Hamish caught her by placing a hand on her chest and gently turning her back over.

She closed her eyes and the pain started to dissipate and she felt the overwhelming urge to sleep. Hamish grabbed her hand gently and squeezed. She opened her blurry eyes to him and murmured her thanks. Ava fell into a deep sleep before she could even apologise for hurting him, the drugs were just too strong. 

*****

Hamish watched his mate sleep. She looked too drained and weak for his liking. Whatever was happening to her was changing her body chemistry and physicality too quickly, causing muscle spasms and what else he couldn't fathom. But now she rested peacefully as he replayed over and over the sound of her scream as pain wracked through her body. He didn't know what to do. He was at a loss.

He gently moved her hair behind her ears and out of her face before leaning over and kissing her softly on her forehead. He lingered there longer than he should and lifted his head and looked down at her while she slept.

There was not much he could do for her now. She was asleep again.

Violet came in with clean sheets and a gown for Ava. She looked at Hamish with kindness and understanding, as he made a hurried exit out of the room.

Violet wondered how long it would take for both of these Alphas to get together. What would it even be like to have to two Alphas run a pack? It was strange but not undoable. 

Everyone saw how Hamish would teeter on the edge of claiming his mate, but stop himself every time he had the urge. It was painful to watch sometimes how hard he and his wolf would fight for supremacy. Hamish always won in the end. 

When Ava was a lot younger, it was easier to keep his distance, but as Ava grew into a beautiful teenager, they noticed how Hamish would act around her. He was angry, agitated and overprotective.

He never bullied her no matter what she threw at him. He has only  protecting her from all the bad things that happened in the world. But he couldn't protect her from everything as he was clearly learning.

The nurses watched how he was with his mate while she lay in the hospital bed.  No one would dare say he didn't love her when it was clearly the opposite. It was just unnatural to wait so long to claim a mate. And Hamish had a list of old fashioned rules he liked to follow, when it concerned Ava.

He was notorious for his chivalrous ways. Even when she drove him mad. 

He respected women. He gave space, comforted when needed and he also was very picky about who he brought to his bed. But after what happened eight years ago when they pulled a tiny Ava out of the lake, Hamish had become a totally different person.

Women would throw themselves at him, even ones that weren't in his pack and tell him suggestive things that were meant to entice and excite. But he only politely declined and wished them well.

He had found it hard one day when a fourteen year old Ava came into the clinic with a sprained wrist and saw him surrounded by two of the new nurses fawning over his own injuries.

She walked straight to his bed and blew up at him. Calling him a disgusting man whore tyrant! After that he never wanted to make his mate upset at him again. It was the last straw for Ava and he realised she made it her mission to make sure his life was...interesting and slightly hellish.

Violet noticed after that, that he never put himself in compromising positions again. She knew most werewolf men could change when they met their mates. They had to or risk rejection from a mate that wouldn't have any qualms about smacking them into a new reality. As far as anyone knew, Hamish had been celibate ever since.

It would also be one of the reasons that over the last year he started to get even more agitated.

Violet chuckled quietly to herself. It made her respect the Alpha even more. She just wished that she had a chance to meet her own mate, whoever he was. She had only just turned twenty and got a job as a pack nurse. She was happy, but not contented and she knew it was because her mate was missing. She wondered if she would ever find him. With all this talk of trouble and war anything was possible. There was even a possibility he would die in the upcoming battle which she would not think about. 

She sighed and prayed to the Goddess that she would watch over them all.

After changing the sheets and bathing Ava, Violet left the room to see some men standing around Alpha Hamish talking to him in quiet tones. She wasn't one to interrupt but she knew the Alpha was waiting patiently for her confirmation that his mate was now more comfortable and decent.

Violet took a deep breath and gathering her courage, that she felt had hit the floor along with her stomach and walked quietly over to the small, intimidating group of men.

She took a deep breath when she could only see Alpha Hamish partially because a wide back was blocking her view. It annoyed her that she had to sidestep a little to get a full view of Hamish. She needed to get his attention so she could get back to work.

She cleared her throat softly, waiting. Alpha Hamish looked at her and Violet smiled at him.

"She's good, Alpha Hamish. You can go in and sit with her now."

She watched as his body physically relaxed and he got up to go back into the room. She turned around quickly and headed to the laundry room to put the dirty linen away.

She didn't noticed that Alpha Hamish's Beta had turned around and got a clear view of face. Nor did she hear his low growl as she was so busy with her own thoughts of her next tasks to do. She had to change an old wolfs dressing. Mr Arthur Chamberlain had a terrible accident, cutting his leg on a rusty nail and it had begun to get infected. She went into the supply closet to get the dressings and cleaning wound products organised. She didn't notice that the door to the room slowly opened, or that a very agitated wolf was watching her. It was only when she turned around that she noticed the Beta and there eyes connected.

Violet gasped, what the heck is happening?!

Mate! Her wolf Lienn exclaimed.

Violet could only gape. She took a few steps forward meaning to leave the room so she could attend to her work.

"Excuse me, Beta Grayson, I have to change Mr. Chamberlain's dressing."

She waited patiently for his answer, but he didn't move. The small cart she carried in her arms made it clear that she couldn't move until he did. 

She watched as thoughts quickly went through his mind; his eyes darkening with every realisation. He stepped back quickly, his huge 6'5" form barely scraped the top of the door as he bent his head.

She quickly moved passed him, smiling gently before making her way down the hall. She didn't notice that Beta Grayson and his pack watched quietly. They all felt the change as one of their favourite leaders finally found his mate. The person that would complete him.

Gamma Lucas reached up to touch his friends shoulder, he felt him stiffen before he turned. The men look quietly into the room where their Alpha sat with his mate and left the hospital, nodding to the men and women as they passed.

*****

Beta Grayson felt elated, but he didn't know what to say to someone who was so sweet and kind. He noticed that Violet tended to smile at everyone and he wondered if she had a bit of a temper underneath all that kindness. It didn't annoy him, but if they didn't tick each other off every now and then, he worried their relationship would be too boring. No one could be that kind or nice all the time, they had to have a point were they just wanted to unleash some ass kicking.

He found her attractive. She had quiet grey-violet eyes that looked through your soul and dark hair she kept in a high pony tail. Her skin was like cream with rosy cheeks and she was average height. She didn't even come close to touching his armpit, which would be nice when he wanted to bring her close.

He worried about what he would tell Hamish. They both found mates and the trouble that was coming was enough to make him lose his mind. His wolf and he were in agreement. They had something to fight for. They would both get through this war. It wouldn't be the last thing he did because he could envision a long and happy life with his mate. He just had to tell her somehow. She would be coming with him when their work was done. She could continue her nursing at his pack. He wanted to make sure that she had everything she needed and if she missed her family, they would come back to visit her family so that their weren't any empty spaces in her heart he couldn't seem to fill.

Violet would have everything she wanted and if she needed more he would try and make that happen. He wanted his mate to want things. He wanted his mate to have her dreams met. He never wanted to experience losing a mate to another.

He shook his head slowly to clear it. He nearly went there again.

She wasn't the right one, Gray. His wolf Aren said. You have to let that go and stop bringing it up.

Grayson nodded at Aren's words before heading to his men at the training grounds. He would train and he would make sure that they all would get of this alive.

*****

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to thank you for reading up to this point. There is still more to come. Please don't forget to comment if you liked this story, if not, no worries.

^_^ hope to see you all here soon for the next chapter...

Adios Amigos!

Also:

All Images, Videos, Songs and other media are found on the internet through google, youtube etc.

I use them for entertainment purposes only and all copyright belongs to the artists etc and not me.

Copyright © All Rights Reserved  2020 to NeoNixButterfly21/Christine

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

399K 12.6K 39
Lucy Parker Your average eighteen-year-old girl right? Wrong. When Lucy was eleven she shifted into a huge red fox. When she shifted she got this 'vo...
18.8K 726 34
**Not edited.** A mere human, being adopted by wolves is but one of many unique surprises surrounding Kay. When suddenly a fierce Alpha appears, foll...
155K 9K 61
A/N: This book can be read as a stand alone. However, it is highly suggested to read the first two books if you are confused. The prologue will cover...
33.4K 743 27
He grabbed me, and I felt tingles go up my arms. I started to thrash around trying to get out of his grip. As much as my wolf wanted him, I didn't an...