─ excavation of the heart, s...

By aephereal

[Complete] Working as a consulting detective means that Sherlock, even though he doesn't want to, has to inte... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Seventeen
Author's Note
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty - One
Chapter Twenty - Two
Chapter Twenty - Three
Chapter Twenty - Four
Chapter Twenty - Five
Chapter Twenty - Six
Author's Note
Side Piece #1 - Lazy Sunday.
Side Piece #2 - Home for Christmas.
Side Piece #3 - A Day in Messages.

Chapter Sixteen

952 41 57
By aephereal

━━━━━━━━

Tired?

[Narrator]

━━━━━━━━

Sherlock and Georgia were finally on their way back to London after one blissful week in Amantia, and everything had been successful. Georgia was able to collect enough research material to write her article for the National Geographic while also spending time with Sherlock, and he was able to provide himself with some time off from his usual schedule full of dead bodies and murderers to be able to relax slightly.

But as much as he'd enjoyed these past seven days, he had to admit that the thought of getting back to what he loved doing best made his heart beat a little faster every time he thought about it - or. . .was that every time he looked at Georgia? Maybe both. We'll never know.

As their flight landed back in England, the couple started gathering their things, glad to be back home on cold, wet soil. No doubt Georgia's archaeology team would be glad to have them back (especially Donna after Georgia put her in charge while she was away). Exiting the plane, Georgia yawned loudly, making many people around her now aware of how tired she was, and what she had for breakfast.

"Tired?" Sherlock questioned, throwing her a teasing smile.

"Yeah, flying always makes me drowsy, especially when we've landed in God's tear bath." She scoffed a laugh at her attempted humour, watching as Sherlock rolled his eyes, trying to fight a smirk off his face, even though Georgia knew that she'd managed to humour him at least a little.

"Well, it's a good job we're going straight home." Sherlock agreed, walking through the airport, dragging his carry on with him.

"Thank god for that. The thought of my bed is making me drool. . ." She trailed off, getting lost in thoughts about sleeping, while simultaneously trying not to fall asleep standing up.

As they were making their way to Georgia's car which they'd left parked at the airport, Sherlock looked at Georgia sceptically.

"Are you sure you're going to be able to drive me back and then make it home without falling asleep behind the wheel?" He questioned, worried that she would get herself hurt.

"Oh I'll be fine. I should be able to wake myself up on the drive back to your place, and then hopefully I'll be able to make it home." She said, trying to sound convincing, even though she still couldn't keep the sleepiness out of her voice.

"Maybe you should sleep at Baker Street tonight, just so I know-" Sherlock tried to suggest, but Georgia cut him off before he could finish.

"Nope, trust me - I'll be fine." She stated, lifting her suitcase into the back of the car, Sherlock mirroring her actions whilst also glaring halfheartedly at her. "Anyway, if I were to sleep in the same bed as you, people would definitely start to talk. And there's no way Greg would be able to keep his mouth shut if anyone even went near the subject."

She looked at him for a minute, seemingly sobering up from her half asleep state, watching as Sherlock indignantly sighed, closing the boot door, giving up on the debate.

"Fine, but you better not get die otherwise I'll revive you and kill you myself." He said, teasingly glaring at her. Georgia fake gasped, pushing his shoulder.

"You wouldn't dare! You would be way to sad to do that; at least I hope you would be. That would be very disappointing if you didn't care about my death at all. . ." She wondered, half teasing, half curious as to what Sherlock's reaction would be.

He looked at her for a minute, his eyes softening.

"I would be devastated by your death. I hope I never have to ever experience it. Ever." He spoke with finality in his voice, as though he was never going to let her take one foot off this earth so long as he lived. And, well, he was Sherlock Holmes. He always got what he wanted. He took Georgia in his arms, hugging her extra tightly to make sure she knew how much he meant what he said.

"Good. I'm glad to hear that you care about me. Am I the one that's finally wormed my way into your heart?" She grinned up at him, Sherlock not even fighting the loving smile on his face.

"Oh my dear, you didn't worm your way in - you opened it up." Georgia leaned up and gave him a quick peck on the lips, breaking out of his embrace to get into the drivers seat of the car.

━━━━━━━━

As Georgia pulled up to 221b, Sherlock sighed, undoing his seat belt and turning to face Georgia.

"I can't believe I've spent a whole week with you and now I don't want you to leave." He pouted, making the most adorable face. Georgia laughed, undoing her own seat belt.

"Don't worry - you'll see me again in a couple of days. Maybe even tomorrow if we get lucky." She replied before getting out of the car to help Sherlock with his bags and to say goodbye - as much as she didn't want to.

"Hopefully John will be with one of his girlfriends tomorrow, and if we are lucky, then he might stay out the night. That means you can actually stay at my place for once." Sherlock suggested, pulling her to him after they'd unloaded his bags.

Georgia gasped and looked around.

"What if someone sees Sherlock?!" She started to panic, but Sherlock just laughed softly.

"Don't worry - it's eight o'clock in the morning. John will still be asleep and no one ever comes down the road this early." He assured, gently pushing her back so that she was trapped between him and the black car. Georgia smirked up at him.

"Jeez, you just can't get enough of me can you?" She asked sarcastically, but Sherlock shook his head.

"No, I really can't. If I always had my way-"

"You do always have your way-"

"If I always had my way, then you would never ever leave my arms. Ever." Georgia looked up at him, surprised at the amount of affection that he was showing this morning. Maybe I should take him away more often if I get to see this side of Sherlock more. She thought.

"Well, it's a shame that you don't, otherwise we'd never get any work done." She raised an eyebrow a him, but her expression soon dropped as he leaned down to capture his lips in hers. Ever since they'd taken their relationship to the next level, even little things like this always became heated somehow.

Sherlock pushed her up against the car a little more with his pelvis, his blood unconsciously flowing south. He held himself up by bracing his right hand on the car door, which Georgia found extremely sexy.

"Mm, Sherlock you're going to have to stop otherwise you're going to get me and yourself riled up and that would not be convenient." Georgia said slowly, reluctantly pulling away from him. Sherlock dropped his head-

"I think it's a bit late for that; don't you?" He said, holding back a laugh. Georgia snickered, blushing pink as she saw the bulge forming in his crotch area. "That's fine; I'l just have to deal with it myself." Georgia raised an eyebrow at his statement.

"Well, as you probably know, I have a near photographic memory - I specifically remember two nights ago when you had your mouth around my-" Georgia's hand flew up to Sherlock's mouth, her cheeks now flaming red.

"Alright, alright, I get it - you're horny!" She paused for a minute, both of them looking into one another's eyes, before Georgia's turned a shade darker. "Drop you bags inside and get back in the car - be quick." She said, the playfulness gone from her voice, replaced by lust and control, a side of her that Sherlock had never seen of her before. But he liked it. Very much.

He did as she said and quickly picked up his bags, opening the front door of 221b and leaving them in the hallway before hurrying out, closing the door behind him and jumping into the car with Georgia.

"Tired anymore?" He questioned.

"Nope - there are bigger issues at hand; sleep can wait." She muttered, pulling away from the flat.

Unknown to them, John and Donna had seen the whole exchange between them; from the kissing to the. . .quick change of plans. It would be an understatement to say that they were more than a little surprised.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44.5K 1.9K 21
Ex army doctor John Watson meets the Consulting detective Sherlock Holmes and his adopted brother Lorenzo Holmes. The two drag the doctor on a case t...
30.1K 1K 42
Kairi Aria had been working for Scotland Yard for almost a year without incident. She had been very successful in remaining unnoticed by her coworker...
154K 3.8K 20
My first fanfic and my first reader insert so don't kill me. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ The story is about You my reader, Your fellow colleague was murdered and...
14.9K 513 15
Sequel to 'Despite the Odds'. When there is a mysterious crisis, it is the unspoken rule that our favourite consulting detective will be called- whet...