Mr. Popular [On-Going]

By KP_UnaH

"What do you mean you hate me and do not care about my popularity?" "Let's just say that not everyone loves y... More

INTRODUCTION
Chapter 1 - Everyday life
Chapter 2 - Mistake
Chapter 3 - Detention
Chapter 4 - Second Move
Chapter 5 - Suspended
Chapter 6 - Solution
Chapter 7 - Moving in
Chapter 8 - Back in school
Chapter 9 - Locked up
Chapter 10 - Forever Enemies
Chapter 11 - Getting to know you
Chapter 12 - Just a playmate
Chapter 13 - Bubble Tea
Chapter 14 - Hideout
Chapter 15 - Upset
Chapter 16 - Hide and go Kiss
Chapter 17 - The maknae
Chapter 18 - Almost
Chapter 19 - Yura
Chapter 20 - Ahn Hee Ji
Chapter 21 - Clubs
Chapter 22 - President
Chapter 23 - Sing for you
Chapter 24 - Mrs. Park
Chapter 25 - Starstruck
Chapter 26 - Guilty
Hello
Chapter 27 - Apology
Chapter 28 - Frenemies
Chapter 29 - Confession
Chapter 30 - Back
Chapter 31 - Leave me alone
Chapter 32 - Revelation
Chapter 33 - Joshua
Chapter 34 - Childhood Bestfriend
Chapter 35 - First Move
Chapter 36 - Second Move
Chapter 37 - Girl Training
Chapter 38 - Date Gone Wrong
Chapter 39 - Fourth Move
Chapter 40 - Your Own Trainer
Chapter 41 - Cooling Off
Chapter 42 - Beach
Chapter 43 - Fun Together
Chapter 44 - Friendly Date
Chapter 45 - Goodbye
*sighs*
Chapter 46 - Foundation Night
Chapter 47 - Bloody Tigers Gang
Chapter 48 - Dark Wolves Gang
Chapter 49 - Safe now
Chapter 50 - Back To Normal
Chapter 51 - Feelings
IMPORTANT NOTE
Chapter 52 - Role Play
Chapter 53 - Cancelled
Chapter 54 - Letting Go
Chapter 55 - Escaped
Chapter 56 - Birthday
Chapter 56 - Second Round
Chapter 57 - Comeback / Girlfriend
Chapter 58 - Answers
A/N
A/N
A/N
Chapter 60 - Catching Feelings
Chapter 61 - Catching Feelings Too
Chapter 62 - Un-Awkwarding
Chapter 63 - Girlfriend
Chapter 64 - Promises
Chapter 65 - Confused
Chapter 66 - A Shoulder To Cry On
Chapter 67 - Confess
Chapter 68 - Hug
Chapter 69 - Collaboration
Chapter 70 - Risks
Chapter 71 - Plan B
Chapter 72 - Resort
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75 - Wish
Chapter - 76
Chapter 77 - The one I love
Chapter 78
Chapter 79 - I love you too
Chapter 80 - Goodnight
Quick Note
EPILOGUE

Chapter 59 - Tripped

56 1 0
By KP_UnaH

Jihyun's POV

"Jihyun?"

"Hey, Chanyeol.. How are you?" I asked as soon as the latter answered the call.

"Better.. I guess?"

I sighed, "Better is good."

"Why did you call?"

"I needed to check on you - to see how you are doing. I am glad you're fine."

"Thank you.."

I bit my lip before continuing, "Also.. I was sort of worried earlier and wondering where you went."

"I just went out to catch some fresh air, there wasn't any need for worrying."

I sighed once more, "Good, good.."

"By the way, Jihyun, what time am I picking you up tomorrow?"

"Tomorrow?" I asked.

"Tomorrow is the date for the fashion show, right? Aren't I supposed to bring you there and to the spa before as well??"

"Ah," I chuckled, finally knowing what he was trying to say.

"My job isn't ending until tomorrow evening, Jihyun," he chuckled back.

For me, it was good that he was sounding more lively. Chanyeol would be the type of person to hide his feelings yet he is not really the best at it. And right now he sounds genuinely fine.

"Alright, alright. Yura unnie says that it would be better if I travel along with my fellow models to our place of relaxation. Which means you would only be bringing me to the company tomorrow."

"Alright, got it. What time?"

"1 pm. But you could drop me off by 12 since afternoon classes would be resuming around 12:30," I answered, along with additional instructions.

"Noted, Jeon. See you tomorrow!"

I subconciously smiled at his cheery tone, hoping that he would remain just like it for the rest of the night.

See you tomorrow, Chanyeol," I replied, earning a "goodnight" from him which I returned before ending the call.

-----------

The next day, I woke up as early as usual in order to help Kyungsoo prepare their breakfast and join the boys to eat too.

"I will be giving Chanyeol the keys to the apartment. But I would tell him to call you beforehand before coming," says Baekhyun, all dressed up and ready to go to school. He was just giving me a few reminders which I have been nodding to since earlier.

"Make sure to eat a proper amount of lunch later on."

"Yes, dad," I joked and laughed slightly afterwards.

But Baekhyun only returned unamused look so I stopped. "It's not my fault I care for you."

I chuckled and reached out to pat his shoulders gently. "I know, Baekhyun. And I am thankful that you are the caring guy you ought to be."

"Yeah.. Anyway, we would be watching the show later on, so I would be the one to drive us home, okay?" He continued and I nodded once more.

"Leave it be, Baekhyun. Jihyun knows what she would be doing already," Luhan butted in as he walked out of the apartment.

"He's right. Make it quick, Byun hyung, we're going to be late," added Chen who was staying outside for a while now.

"Just go ahead, Baekhyun, I will be fine I promise," I told him assuringly.

Baekhyun nodded, then gently patted both of my cheeks simultaneously. Then he went out of the apartment with a quick goodbye.

After that, I decided to take a nap since I have nothing else to do for the next two hours. As much as I wanted to go to school, Yura stricrly prohibited me to - saying that I should drop some of the studying for a moment and just give myself a short break.

After my nap, I went to the kitchen to make myself two sandwiches for a quick snack. Then right after eating, I headed to the bathroom to take a quick bath.

Just when I reached for my clothes after drying up, the rack felt empty so I peeked and realized I forgot my clothes in the bedroom.

Groaning, I unwrapped the towel on my head and used it to cover my body instead.

When I felt that the towel was secure enough, I made my way out of the bathroom and turned my heels towards the bedroom.

Then, I quickly tiptoed my way over there. Not until a scream suddenly erupted from nowhere, causing me to exclaim and slip.

"OH MY GOD!!"

"AAAAHHH!!"

Good thing I managed to hold onto the wall for support before my bare bur painfully end up on the floor.

With my chest heaving up and down as my breathing remained rapid due to the sudden shock, I slowly looked up the person inside the apartment.

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING HERE, PARK CHANYEOL?!" I hollered angrily at the latter who still stood in utter shock as well.

"I-I DIDN'T MEAN TO------I DIDN'T KNEW YOU WERE T-TAKING A BATH!!" He protested.

I only huffed, pointing at him in an accusing way. "You pervert!!"

"I-I am not a pervert!! It's not my fault you're still standing there!!"

I gasped, "How dare you!!" Then quickly ran to the bedroom, slamming the door close as soon as I got in.

I slumped my back against the door and slipped down until I was sitting on the floor.

My heart was still racing and I was still a little bit short of breath. In short, I am still affected by the sudden incident.

"What... What just happened..?" I asked myself aloud before letting out a muffled squeal.

"I-I can hear you from here, stupid! Go and ch-change!"

I took that as a signal to get up and grab my clothes. With my limbs still shaking even the slightest bit, I put on my clothings.

And after a few more stumbles, I managed to fully clothe myself, grabbed my purse and head out of the bedroom.

I was pretty slow and silent on my steps. I am feeling pretty nervous at the moment as I continue to the end of the hallway, where Chanyeol would probably be at.

This is so embarassing. Like, how would I even face Chanyeol after what happened?

"J-Jihyun?? Are you---?"

My eyes widened when Chanyeol just appeared from afar, and my breath hitched as soon as his eyes stopped on me.

We both had the exact same looks on our face as we continued to stand in utter shock and silence.

"Um.." Chanyeol finally clears his throat. "I-I see you're all dressed up..?"

I frowned. "What's that supposed to mean?!" I snapped back at him, my cheeks probably flushing.

"W-What do you mean---?"

"Aish," I huffed, quickly walking past him.

This is so awkward. This is probably the most awkward situation I ever had in my entire life.

"W-Why are you even here?!" I demanded as soon as I realized that he was still supposed to be at school. We sill had one last subject before lunch and it is probably already on-going.

"Baekhyun hyung gave me the keys to the apartment---"

"That's not the right answer, Park!" I hissed. "Besides, he probably told you to call me before coming here!!"

"But I did!" He protested. "I called your phone a dozen times but you weren't answering. I thought you were just busy yet you already knew... I just didn't think you would be busy t-taking a bath though..."

I raised a brow at him and dug my phone from my purse. There was indeed a few missed calls from him.

I felt my face burn brighter due to the added embarassment. Yet I shook that off and  faced Chanyeol with a still stern look.

"I-It's just 10:40 though! Classes are still on-going, you are supposed to be at school still!"

"I-I..." Chanyeol stammers, his gaze from my eyes breaking as ye faced the floor while scratching his nape. "I decided to take you out for lunch.."

My eyes widened because of his last sentence, and I even felt myself blushing too.

Why the heck am I blushing??

I subtly shook my head to bring me back to proper thinking. I cleared my throat and went on saying, "You could have at least waited until lunch time."

"Oh, please, Jihyun.. You know that wouldn't be enough time," he responded, slowly holding himself together again. Especially when he pulled off his signature smirk. "Besides, cutting classes are sort of my thing which is probably something you are aware of."

I rolled my eyes. "And you are being proud of it right now?"

"Well.." he shrugged making me scoff in disbelief. "Let's just go now. We are only wasting time."

"Where are you bringing me to anway?" I asked him as we headed out of the apartment and to his car.

"Haven't figured out yet. But I know the first step for sure," he answered, binging out his car key and unlocking his vehicle, and went to open the door of the driver's seat.

I opened the door to my seat and asked, "And what would be the first step, Mr. Park??"

"To get in the car," he says, doing exactly as he said making me chuckle and roll my eyes before getting inside myself.

Chanyeol started driving and turned the radio on for some music which we both sang along to together.

"Hey, Jihyun?" He calls out and I hummed in response. "How do you feel about fast food for lunch?"

I turned to him with one brow raised. "You do know that is pretty unhealthy, right?" I asked him, chuckling slightly.

He laughed back and said, "I know... If you don't want to then you could choose."

"I never said I wouldn't like fast food for lunch."

"So you mean...??"

I beamed. "Fast food it is!!"

Chanyeol drove us to the nearest fast food restaurant he knew and ordered our meals through drive-through. We each had a jumbo cheesburger, jumbo fries, a large cup of sundae, a cheesy hotdog sandwich and spaghetti. The only healthy thing we ordered was water.

We decided to eat our lunch somewhere else, and Chanyeol drove us to a park. He parked the car in an open area then opened his door, motioning me to open mine too.

There, we sat in silence as we both started eating our spaghetties first. Nothing else was heard other than the subtle noises created by the other people in the park and the rustling of the leaves as the cool wind blew past them.

We were finally at our last foods to be eaten, our sundaes and fries.

Whilst eating, Chanyeol asks, "What time is the fashion show going to start?"

"7 pm," I answered.

"That's good. At least all of us would be able to watch you. And I would make sure we would be sitting in first row."

I raised on brow at him and questioned, "Are you saying this to put pressure on me??"

He scoffs, placing two sticks of fries in his mouth at once. "No. And as if I would be able to put pressure on you like that. I bet it wouldn't be enough to mess you up later on."

Both of my brows jumped. Did Chanyeol just indirectly complimented me??

"What do you mean about that??" I decided to ask.

He turned to me with a slightly flustered look and replied, "S-Stupid! It means nothing!"

"Alright, alright.. No need to shout, geez," I said, chuckling slightly and proceeded on finishing my food.

It was pretty silent again, until Chanyeol sighs, making me turn to him.

He had his head lowered down, slightly facing to the other side. And then he mumbled, "I-It means you are too good - too talented to actually let it get to you."

Wow. Now that was a direct compliment.

Those words made my heart beat quicker, and even gave this fluttery feeling in my chest. I bit my lip, yet still I cannot help but smile.

"W-Why are you smiling??" Chanyeol exclaimed as soon as he turned to me, the look on his face was more flustered than ever.

"Well..." I started off, trying to maintain my cool. Also, in this flustered state of his, messing up with him would be a silly idea. Which I wouldn't back out to try. "I can't help it. Park Chanyeol just complimented me."

"I-It's not that much of a big deal!" The lattered hissed back.

"It is not everyday I recieve compliments from you," I said, slightly leaning closer to him which made him lean back. "So it's pretty much a big deal," I added as I reached out my hand to gently grab his, which probably blew him a fuse.

And what happens when you blew him a fuse??

Well, this guy would literally push you, not minding the fact that the car door is open and you could end up with bruises if you fall out.

But I didn't fell.

His hand quickly grabbed mine and we stayed like that in shock for a few seconds before pulling me back inside the car.

"You just pushed me!" I yelled, smacking his arm causing him to wince slightly.

While rubbing the part that I smacked, he replied, "B-But you were acting a-all w-weird and I just can't help b-but to---"

"I was just messing with you!" I finally said.

His brows furrowed in confusion until his face showed an unamused look, realizing what I meant.

I couldn't help the fits of giggles that came out after that. "Gosh, Chanyeol.. That was pretty fun, huh?" I chuckled, but slowly stopped upon seeing the grim look on his face. "Chanyeol??" I tried calling him out.

He lifted his arm, still without looking at me, and pointed at the door. "Get out."

"What??"

"Get out, I said," he repeated, finally turning to me.

I frowned by the serious look on his face. "W-What?? W-Why?? Ch-Chanyeol I---"

"After I willingly skipped one class at school and is about to skip another just to take you out for lunch and drive you to your destination for free, you will repay me back by playing pranks on me??"

My mouth hang agape, but I did not know what to say. I did not really think or expect that it would go this far.

"Ch-Chanyeol.. I am sorry, I---"

"Apology accepted. But please leave."

He still looked stern, his arm never going down. "I will give you some money to pay the fare, just get out of my car."

And that was my signal.

I started to move out of the car, but Chanyeol suddenly grabbed my arm once more.

"Just kidding," he said, a playful grin plastered across his face. "You should have seen the look on your face!!"

"You jerk!!" I shouted, sending a punch to his arm. "I am gonna kill you!" I shrieked, my hands going around his neck as I tried pushing him over the edge.

"I was just trying to get even!!" He protested, laughing slightly despite the fact I was losely choking and and trying to push him out of the car.

"Well, I did not try to have you feeling guilty though!"

"And I did not attack you like this after figuring out I was pranked!!" He retorted.

Figuring out that this jerk had a point, I huffed and pulled myself away from him and leaned back onto my seat. Chanyeol, on the other hand, fixed the sleeves of his school uniform.

"Well that was fun," the latter chuckled silently which made me send glares towards him.

"Fun my foot," I muttered back with crossed arms.

"What's wrong? It's what you exactly said right after pranking me," Chanyeol reasoned out.

"Why you..." I growled back which made him immediately throw his hands up in the air in surrender.

Finally, we finished our food after messing around for a few minutes and Chanyeol drove me to Yura's company.

"Here we are," he sighs, pulling over in front of the entrance. "I will be seeing you tonight."

"Baekhyun would be driving me home though," I informed him.

Chanyeol went silent for a few seconds before nodding. "Alright. Much better, but what I really meant is that we would be watching, remember?"

"Yeah," I chuckled, opening my door and heading out. "See you then."

He nods with a little smile. "Good luck."

"Thanks," I replied before shutting the door and walking in the company building.

"Jihyun!!"

I turned my head to the sound of that familiar voice and saw Sejeong from afar, waving at me.

I smiled and waved back as I made my way towards her.

"I am glad that you're here. I got a little bit too excited and came around 12," she chuckled sheepishly.

"Which means you waited for as long as 30 minutes," I stated and she nodded. "Why wait here though? And where are the other models?"

"They are in their waiting rooms. But I decided to wait for you since I wasn't really close to any of the other models."

I nodded and linked my arm around hers. "Let's go now then?"

Sejeong nodded giddily and we both made our way to the waiting areas.

We got into the room and settled our belongings on one corner and sitting there, endlessly talking about what happened to each other's days.

The door once again opened revealing Yura. All of us stood up and bowed to greet her.

"Good afternoon to all as well," she replied with her usual sweet and lovely smile. "Have you all already had your lunches?" She asked and we all answered a, "yes."

She smiled and clasped her hands together. "Alright then. The vans are already waiting outside, but before that, may I introduce you guys to a new member."

Yura took a step to the side and reached her hand out, brining in another girl with her.

And that girl was not a stranger to me.

"Choimin..." I mumbled.

The latter had a small smile on her face until her eyes met mine. The smile slowly vanished and was replaced by a shocked look.

"This is Choimin, everyone. Unfortunately, Jisung wouldn't be able to join us today due to family matters. So, here I have Choimin to take her place temporarily."

I was frowning, my mind was clouded with questions.

Doesn't Yura know or recognize her? For sure she must have known Choimin in the past for she is the girl Chanyeol used to adore.

"Jihyun, let's go!"

I snapped back into reality when Sejeong called my name. She was already standing a few meters from me along with the other models that started walking out of the room.

I nodded and quickly picked up my purse and exited the room with Sejeong.

---------

"Jihyun??"

I snapped out of my thoughts and turned to Sejeong. We were currently at a sauna and it has been thirty minutes already. Sooner or later we would be going out.

"Are you alright??"

I nodded. "Yeah, I am fine."

"Really?" She asks, giving me a look of disbelief. "You seemed pretty bothered by something."

"I was just thinking about the show later on. I can't help but feel a little bit nervous," I replied,  chuckling sheepishly.

"Oh, Jihyun.. Getting nervous is pretty much normal, but trust me when I tell you that you can do this," Sejeong replies, placing her hand on my sweating shoulder. "This show is nothing you can't do. You're going to be invincible on that stage, trust me."

"I don't think so," I replied, shaking my head before quickly adding, "We are going to be invincible on that stage later on," and held her hand laying on top of my shoulder gently.

Seeking smiled and said nothing else.

Finally, our time in the boiling room was finished and we went to the next phase.

After removing the sweat off our body, we were moved to another room to get waxed.

It was my first time getting waxed. And as much as I didn't really wanted to, I had no other choice. The feeling was pretty painful at first, but I slowly got to manage.

After that, we had ourselves soaked in a tub and then had our body lathered with different types of lotion after.

Finally, the care from the spa was finished around 5 pm. Then we were off to eat our dinner - early dinger.

After dinner, we would be sent to the venue of the fashion show where we would be getting ourselves ready.

The backstage was pretty spacious and that was where we got ourselves ready.

One side of the room had a long counter from one end to another with various beauty tools on top of it and a mirror which is parallel to one seat. And each seat was occupied by one model.

The next two hours went on with us preparing for the show. Thirty minutes before seven the music was already blaring from the stage and people were probably starting to arrive as well.

And by the time it was seven, Yura had to go out and deliver her greetings and speech in order to start the event. But she gave us a message first before going, telling us that we were going to nail this thing.

Finally, it was showtime. We were all wearing the first set of clothes to be shown on stage and were lined beforehand to our proper orders.

"Jihyun!"

My eyes widened at the familiar voice.

I turned and saw Baekhyun approach me.

"Baekhyun, what are you doing here??" I whispered to him.

"I just want to say good luck.. Well, all of us did but I was the only one who managed to get here.." he answers, pulling me into a quick hug. "That was from all of us. Primarily from me of course."

I giggled lightly. "Thank you, Baekhyun."

He smiled and held me by my shoulders really gently and looked me into my eyes. "You can do this, Jihyunnie. We all know you could."

I nodded. "I would do my best up there," I replied.

Breathing beamed and pulled me into one last hug. "I got to go now. Good luck again!"

I can only nod as he strutted his way out of the room, laughing to myself quietly at the guy's thoughtfulness.

Then it sank in to me that it was starting. The music we practiced to was already playing and the line was starting to move slowly. Even the first set of models who went outside were back into start changing into the next outfits.

My heart beat started accelerating, and I cannot help but feel nervous and all. So I thought, in order to get rid of the uncomfortable feeling, I just looked around.

I turned to look at the empty seats, the blank white wall, the clothes, then to my left where another line of the models are.

Then I realized that Choiminnwas exactly right beside me which means she would be the girl I am walking on that stage with.

I immediately tore my gaze off her, not wanting to get caught.

Our turn was about to come and I just cannot help but feel even more nervous. I can already take a peek of what's out there and it is crowded.

The spotlight were directly on the stage, of course, which means all attention would be put on the models - on me.. And if I make even the slightest mistake it would be very obvious.

I shut my eyes, taking deep breaths in order to calm me down.

Calm down, Jihyun. Do not put pressure on yourself.

No pressure should get to you...

"I-It means you are to good - too talented to let it get to you.."

"Chanyeol..." I subconsciously uttered after remembering that phrase of him. And with an unknown reason, it actually helped me feel aot better.

Finally, it was our turn.

I took a deep breath before taking a step forward, making sure to keep my expressions controlled and my body and moves as well.

With my head held up high and my hips swaying along with my shoulders, I walked on that platform as everyone else applauded.

The feeling was very light, almost as if I had my own pair of wings helping to lift everything else up. It was like I never even underwent pressure earlier.

And I just cannot help but smile. Especially after seeing all my friends cheering and clapping for me.

Baekhyun even sent me a flying kiss which made me grin wider.

Then I saw Chanyeol.

The look on his face literally speaks, "I told you, you would nail this."

And that just placed the cherry on top of everything.

Finally, we made our pose at the end of the runway, turned and walked back to the backstage.

It was a very short time but it felt like a lot of things happened. And I couldn't deny the fact that I cannot wait to be on that stage again.

Gladly, it didn't take as long as I thought it would be.

Once again, on that stage feeling as if I was at my very best.

I am enjoying this, and I know to myself that I actually am.

As I continued to walk on that stage I cannot help but think how bizarre it is that I never saw myself walking on this runway, wearing the most fashionable clothes ever.

And never have I expected to enjoy it this much.

Sadly, that euphoric moment was cut off again, but short. The night isn't over yet and I am still going out there and continue enjoying myself for a couple more times.

Finally, the night was about to come to an end and I was currently walking in the last outfit I wore.

Everything was just as it is until a loud thud was heard which eventually caused me to stop at my tracks.

I turned and surprisingly saw Choimin down on her knees, she lost her balance. Even after trying to stand up, she fell again.

Hastily, I went up and gently held her my her arm.

She looked up at me, looking surprised as well as I helped her up.

"Thank you," she says, smiling.

I nodded and smiled back, "You're welcome."

-------------------------

Hey guys! I am finally back! I am really, really sorry for updating so, so, so late :<

Since updating a new chapter seems to be a little bit rougher now for me, I amstill deciding whether to put the one-shots books on hold or just update a chapter of it one at a time (unlike before that I update three chapters at once). Since this book is nearing to its end too, I decided to make things quicker as I still have a couple more stories in line.

Also, sorry if the chapter is a bit more boring than the others (I can literally sense it). I would try to add a little bit more spice in the next one, I promise.

Thank you guys for reading though and I hope you guys still enjoyed this one!

Love lots!

R.E.T. ♥

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

343K 16.5K 77
Kang y/n was always been the black sheep of the family. Overshadow by her extremely talented, gorgeous sister Roseanne . Who has the world revolve a...
133K 3.6K 74
Stray Kids is on tour! Ella wins a prize at the concert that ends up turning her entire life upside down. She uncovers the dark secrets to K-Pop and...
83K 4.7K 34
╰┈➤ *⋆❝ 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐢'𝐝 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐬 𝐮𝐩 𝐚 𝐟𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐩 𝐭𝐨 𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐲? 𝐢 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐤𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐦𝐲 �...
1.1M 44.8K 51
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...