"I Love You."

By astronautnotfound

When Todoroki turns up on Midoriya's doorstep, crying and mentally in pain, what will Midoriya do to help his... More

Twilight Tears
Kiss the nightmares away
Bedtime Stories
Bedtime Reassurances
Midnight panic
Lover's advice
The cuts
Apologies and lunch dates
Family problems and bedroom mayhem
"It's okay, Kacchan."
Recovered
Fire and ice
"Stay awake, Todoroki."
"He's not okay."
Confrontation
"Where did Kirishima and Bakugou go?"
Unstable
Crimson Tears
Fights between friends
"I want to die."
Betrayal
Endeavour
Vulnerable
"I'm f-fine."
The Little Mermaid
"We need to talk."
"I-It's all just collapsing."
Numbed
Pain
"Did you just fucking pass out?"
"Are you awake?"
"When will my suffering be over?"
"Don't speak to me."
"I promise."
"This isn't good."
"He needs me here, so I'm staying!"
Silence
Reunion
"I'm trying to be happy."
"So you want us to adopt you."
Couch talk
"Why are you crying?"
"Todoroki, can you hear me?"
"Show me your arms, Izuku."
"I-I'm bleeding . . ."
"I-Is he alive?"
"He k-killed himself?"
"Don't you dare say that you are fine, Midoriya."
"It's not like we haven't slept in the same bed before."
"I-I don't want to feel at all!"
"I hurt myself."
"I love you."
~Sequel~

"Sleep well, Shouto."

2.8K 103 71
By astronautnotfound

Midoriya's POV

I was relieved to be told that Todoroki was okay, and sighed, relaxing slightly.

After the doctor left, Kacchan and I sat down on the couch again, shoulders touching and watching a silly cartoon on the TV quietly.

After a few minutes, Kacchan turned his head and leaned towards my left ear.

"You know," he whispered, trying not to wake up his sleeping friend. "I hope you and Todoroki get married one day."

I blushed madly and sucked in a breath, covering my face with my hands. "I-It's too early for that, Kacchan." I whispered back, my voice coming out as a squeak.

This made Kacchan laugh, and he moved his hand to ruffle my already messy hair. "Yeah, I know, but when it does happen, I better be your best man or I will make your special day a living hell."

I smiled fearfully, but I knew Kacchan would never do that, not with his mother watching.

"Okay Kacchan, I promise that you will be the maid of honour."

Telling by the way his face lit in anger, I knew that if Kirishima wasn't sleeping right now and if they weren't in a hospital, he would have put me six feet under.

Instead, he huffed and turned back to the TV muttering about how I should watch my mouth.

My lips turned upwards in a smile, and I followed his actions, my eyes glued to the small cartoon rooster who was dancing across the screen.

After a few more minutes, there was a knock on the door and Takiki once again greeted us, but instead of checking up on Kirishima, she turned to me with a smile.

"Todoroki's asking for you."

I froze, shocked by the blandness in her voice before smiling brightly.

"Can I see him?" I asked, bouncing in joy. I saw Kacchan smile slightly at my enthusiasm before turning on his heel, walking towards Kirishima and sitting on the bed.

Takiki nodded and walked out of the room, beckoning me to follow her.

I was hot on her heels as I followed her down the hall towards Shouto's room, stopping outside of the door.

She turned to me with another smile, this one sadder. "Make sure you let him take his time, but apart from that, you better get in there before he comes looking for you."

I smiled and thanked her, watching her for a few seconds as she disappeared down the hall.

Taking a breath, I opened the door and walked into the room, smiling when my eyes met Shouto's. He smiled back, causing my heart to fill with warmth.

Without thinking, I rushed towards him, leaving the door open and jumping into his waiting embrace. My momentum caused us to propel backwards and onto the bed, Shouto letting out an 'oof' sound as I slammed into his chest.

The moment I regained myself, I sat up and leaned over him, my hands on his chest and my legs kneeling on either side of his legs. I bent down and cupped his cheeks in my hand, his dimples visible and his lips spread out in a relieved smile.

I smiled back and kissed him, warmth overcoming my features as he kissed back passionately. After a few minutes, which seemed like seconds, we pulled apart, a string of saliva connecting our lips.

I sighed, leaning back and sitting on his stomach, hands on his chest.

"Hey." I breathed, still smiling.

Shouto smiled back, moving his arms to my hips and running them up and down. He opened his mouth and winced, letting out a strangled sound, as he was unable to speak.

I pressed my lips together, sad to see him struggling so much. "It's okay, Shouto, you don't have to speak," I ensured, my joy tuning down a notch. "We'll just stick to yes and no questions for now, okay?"

The other boy nodded, looking a little sadder now, which caused me to peck him on the lips again before continuing.

"Are you comfortable? Apart from the tube, of course, I know how uncomfortable you might be feeling because of that . . ." I rambled, almost forgetting the point of my question.

Shouto smiling warmly and nodded, saying that he was at least a little comfortable.

I smiled back. "Okay, that's good," I thought for a few more seconds before speaking again. "Are you in any pain?"

Shouto's heterochromia eyes closed and he nodded, taking a small breath.

"O-Oh," I mumbled, before panicking because I was sitting on top of him. "Am I causing you any pain?!"

Shouto opened his eyes and grinned, a breathy laugh escaping his lips as he shook his head. I sighed in relief.

"Do you need anything?"

Shouto nodded and stretched his right hand out towards the table, where a small notebook laid.

I nodded in understanding and reached over to give it to him, handing him the blue pen that was resting on it.

He visibly swallowed and took the objects from my hands, nodding in thanks. He clicked the pen open and began writing on the paper slowly, his hands shaking.

When he was finished, he flipped the paper over and gave it to me.

'I'm sorry.'

I gave him a look of confusion, but before I could say anything, he held a cool finger to my lips to silence me, taking the paper and writing some more.

'I'm sorry for putting all this stress on you and for hurting you. I love you so much, Izu, and I promise that I will try to get better.'

When I finished reading, I was choking down tears and my hands were trembling.

"You have nothing to apologise for, Shouto. None of this is your fault," I ensured, caressing his cheek with my thumb. "And I love you too."

He gave me a small tear-filled smile, sighing and closing his eyes.

He lowered the notepad and pen, the objects falling from his slacking hands and clattering to the floor. Shouto's body went limp and his smile disappeared, his face muscles relaxing.

"Shouto?" I whispered softly, worry seeping into my voice. "Shouto?"

He didn't answer, and my concern grew, because people don't just fall asleep like that.

Panicking, I shuffled off the bed and ran through the open door, rushing down the hallway. I looked around frantically for a doctor, and just by luck, I turned and ran into Takiki.

"Midoriya?" she said, shocked as she saw my panicked state. "What's wrong?"

I swallowed and pointed towards Shouto's room, shaking. "Something's wrong with Shouto. He just passed out."

Takiki nodded and fast-walked towards the room, hurrying to Shouto's side. She put her hands on his face, opening his left turquoise eye and shining a light in it.

She then looked at his vitals, going on a special laptop devise that was measuring his blood pressure.

She nodded, and then looked up, beckoning me over. "He'll be okay, he just passed out from the lack of oxygen in his blood from his father choking him and exhaustion," she stated, standing and walking towards the door. "He needs rest, and I'm sorry but I'm in a hurry at the moment, so please be a dear and put the oxygen mask over Todoroki's face again, it seems that he must have taken it off. It's on his side-table."

And with that, she was gone.

I instantly closed the door behind her and approached Shouto, reaching over and putting the oxygen mask back over his face carefully. The plastic fogged up with his breath, the sight calming me slightly.

I sighed, and sat in the guest chair, taking Shouto's hand in mine.

"Sleep well, Shouto," I murmured, beginning to drift off since the sun was setting. "Sleep . . . well."

And once again, I submitted to the darkness.

Thanks for all the reads and votes! Votes make me inspired to write more, so thank you for supporting this story!

Prepare yourself for some depressing and angst stuff in the next chapter.

Also, if you want me to add some things or situations to this story, like a villain attack, feel free to comment on what you want!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

goodbye By Sugar

Fanfiction

209K 4.6K 26
Midoriya doesn't have a good life. He makes it seem as though everything is fine, until someone finds out a secret he was supposed to keep. How will...
57K 1.2K 16
it's been a few years since izuku has developed depression. he doesn't know if he can go on. Bakugou keeps trying to help him and own up for his mist...
17.9K 953 38
Todoroki attempts to hide his eating disorder from his friends and from himself. Not wanting to accept that he needs help, Todoroki denies that anyth...
58.9K 1K 17
Ever since Izuku Midoriya joined U.A. High School and settled in, he knew that the League of Villains were after him and his quirk: One For All. Howe...