Brighter Than a Spotlight (BT...

By 1NAmillion05

Keep on shining, make it brighter than a spotlight Where did it all begin? Where will it take them? (P.s. mos... More

Feel
Sunbae
Hoobae
Truth
Answer
Wings
Best of Me
Don't Leave Me
By My Side
Lost
Stuck In My Head
Her
New Day
Just One Day
Let Me Know
Heartbeat
Only You
Home
Next Page
Soulmate
Dejavu
You Never Walk Alone
missing u
missing u (Part 2)
Changing
Propose
Tomorrow
The Reason Why
Reflection
Reflection (Part 2)
You In My Heart
Save Me
Without You
00:00
Hold Me Tight
Wishing
Lights
Expectation
Butterfly
Hesitation
Beautiful
Awake
Promise
Better Days
Us
Persona
Do It Again
Outro: Love Is Not Over
Author's Message

Face to Face

1.3K 33 4
By 1NAmillion05

M I N A

We'd be going on that idol show tomorrow.

We were in our little bus, riding back to the dorms when I got a call from Jimin-oppa.

I was confused, but I answered anyways.

"Hello?"

"Minari! Sorry to bother you. Are you with your other members right now?"

"Yeah.."

"Great, put me on speaker, if you will."

I follow what he says. Before I press the speaker button I tell everyone else to quiet down a bit.

"It's Jimin-ah." I say.

They all listen.

"Ah, Twice. Namjoon-hyung wanted me to call. His phone died, but he wanted me to ask if you'd like to have dinner with us tomorrow before the recording." Jimin explains.

"Oh?"

"What time, Jimin-ssi?" Jihyo asks for us.

"Five-thirty, or six. Whichever works best for you." He says.

The girls talk amongst themselves.

"Five-thirty works." Jeongyeon says.

"Awesome. I'll text you the details. Thank you!" He hangs up.

All of the girls stare at me.

"What..?" I ask.

"Why did Jimin-ssi call you?" Nayeon asks me.

"I don't know..." I shrug, "It was random."

"Don't lie, unnie." Chaeyoung says, popping up from the seat behind me, "You've been texting Jimin-sunbaenim."

"Mina-ya!" Sana looked shocked.

"What??" I say again.

I look over at Jihyo, who was smiling and shaking her head to herself.

"Do you like him~?" Sana asks. She sounded like a kid.

"Whay kind of question is that?" Jeongyeon butts in.

I was quiet for the rest of the ride. They seemed to have forgotten about it by the time we got back.

The Next Day...

We woke up in the late morning. In the afternoon, we had to guest in a radio show, but before that we had a meeting and a long dance rehearsal to learn some new choreography.

When we finally finished the rehearsal, I was sore and winded. This choreography was pretty different from our other ones. This one included a lot more jumping and running around. I should endurance train more often.

Anyways, the time was getting late already so we quickly washed up. Right after, we had to meet BTS for dinner.

They chose a casual but nice restaurant. It had a dark and calm atmosphere. The BTS guys had reserved a table. When we got there, we were the only people in the restaurant.

"Did they rent the entire restaurant or what?" Dahyun says as we walk in. 

They had one long table. BTS sat on one side and we sat on the other. The two leaders sat on the short ends of the table.

We talked about our next comebacks, trying our best not to spoil anything.

Taehyung starts to say, "Our title track starts with D-"

"Tae Tae!" Namjoon stops him.

"Sorry.."

I was sitting next to Momo and Tzuyu and across from Hoseok.

Hoseok talked to Momo and me about dancing and our different backgrounds.

"How long have you been dancing?" Momo asks him.

"About ten years now..." He trails off, thinking.

"Ten years?" I ask, interested in what he had to say next.

"Yup, I won my first competition in 2008 when I was 14. I started dancing a little before that." He explains.

"Well, no wonder one of your positions is main dancer." I say. 

"But both of you are main dancers too, no?" He asks, taking another bite of his meal.

Momo nods, "Mina and I are main dancers, but you have a lot more experience than us."

The conversations went on until we all finished eating and the time started getting late again before we had to head to the studio.

When we got there, there were a few other groups there as well.

Seventeen and GFriend were also there.

We were assigned seats in between BTS and GFriend.

Before the show started, we chatted a bit

"How are you??" Sana asks GFriend.

"Ah..all good. Just tired lately." Sowon says while the others nod.

"It seems like we're all tired nowadays." Jihyo adds.

The show started and after the music intro, they did a small interview with each group.

After that, they had a small competition. The hosts would play a random K-pop song and each group would have one minute to guess as many songs as possible.

Usually, in these kinds of games, since there's just so many of us, I usually don't get to answer a lot, unless I'm the only one that knows the answer. I mostly stayed quiet.

That game went by pretty quick. The next activity was two groups vs two groups.

BTS and Twice vs Seventeen and GFriend.

It was one of those shouting-in-silence games. They'd give us a word or phrase and we'd have to relay that all the way to the last person in line while wearing headphones, so we couldn't hear.

Twice lined up in random order and we combined our line with BTS' random line.

Jeongyeon was first in line and Jungkook was last. I was in between Sana and Jimin. I was the last person in Twice's line.

I was waiting for my turn to get the phrase. I was facing away from whoever was speaking and so was the rest of the line.

When Sana-unnie finally taps me on the shoulder, I turn around.

The music blasting in my headset was unironically BTS.

I try to read Sana's lips and get clues from her actions.

She shouts something and does a finger-gun motion.

"Bang?" I say.

I don't think she heard me, but the way my mouth moved felt similar to how I saw hers.

She vigorously nods at me.

She shouts another word. And makes a T and a W with her hands.

"Twice!" I was sure of this one.

She nods again, but the phrase wasn't done.

"H...hwaiting?" I wasn't so sure about this.

She shouts the word again, shaking her fist this time.

This confirmed my guess.

"BangTwice hwaiting!" I shout.

Sana gives me two thumbs ups.

I then turn around and tap Jimin on the shoulder.

He turns around and smiles, facing me. It looked like he was trying not to laugh.

I shout "bang" and do the finger-gun motion and point at him several times.

His eyes kept going back and forth from my hand to my face.

"Bang?" I read his lips. At least I assumed that's what he said.

Trusting him, I nod.

I make the T and W with my fingers and shout "Twice" and then point at myself.

"Twice." He got it right away, making the same hand gestures.

I nod.

I finish the phrase by shaking my fist and shouting "hwaiting!"

He paused and stared for a second before nodding.

"Bang!" He copied all of the gestures.

"Twice! Hwaiting!" It looked like he got it all right, he was smiling brightly.

I give him a thumbs up before he turns around to tap Jin on the shoulder.

And now we wait. After your turn, you were allowed to remove your headset to hear what the others were saying, but you weren't allowed to help them.

The phrase had moved onto Hoseok who was trying to give it to Yoongi.

The rest of us who had already went were watching them.

"Us, us." Hoseok motions towards the group.

"Us?" Yoongi says.

"Bang!" Hoseok points at them, "Twice!" He then points at us.

"BangTwice..." Yoongi looked unsure.

Hoseok nods, "BangTwice! Hwaiting!"

Yoongi looked at him confused.

"Hwaiting!" He shouts again.

"Bang...Twice...Hwaiting."

The message eventually got to Jungkook. He was the last one to remove his headset.

"BangTwice hwaiting!!" He shouts and everyone cheers.

The contest was based on time. We took about fourteen minutes to complete it.

GFriend and Seventeen were up. They were allowed to help each other a little, since they had three more members than we did.

Their phrase was "GFriendteen".

They got it surprisingly fast.

They ended up winning, finishing in twelve minutes.

The recording wrapped up and everyone had to part ways once again.

Before we left, we stopped and said bye to BTS.

"I feel like the only time we get to hang out is on these shows." Namjoon sighs.

"Yeah..." Dahyun shrugs.

"We should hang out more!" Taehyung jumps.

"Maybe next time our breaks line up. We can plan something." Hoseok smiles.

I look over to Jimin as the other members leave. He and I just stood there.

"Jimin-oppa.." I say.

He finally looks up at me once everyone walked out.

"Minari.." He smiles.

"Something wrong?" I ask.

He slowly shakes his head, "No. I just...um. Actually, never mind." He says quickly, "I had a good time today. I'll see you around, Minari." He bows before joining the rest of his members.

I do the same and follow my group to the car.

I couldn't help but be curious for the rest of the night.

There's something going on with Jimin.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.3K 526 16
[BangTwice College Romance Series - Book 1] A one-sided love between two best friends. It seems like there'll be no more chance for him, but will he...
5.2K 193 6
...𝒅𝒐 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘 𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒓𝒆𝒃𝒊𝒓𝒕𝒉 𝒊𝒔...? 『ℂ𝕠𝕞𝕡𝕝𝕖𝕥𝕖𝕕 𝕄𝕒𝕣𝕔𝕙 𝟚𝟛𝕣𝕕 𝟚𝟘𝟚𝟘』
17.6K 569 58
what happens to two close friends started dating each other ? 🍭 written in english ⚠️: a ff about jimina ♡ ⚠️: this book is a fanfiction book so d...
49.7K 2.3K 34
Is it love or hate? What's their story? Credits for cover @vsoo-yaa