Somebody To Love -{ English V...

By msmayharold

Julia Quinn, at the age of 22, after fleeing a forced engagement in Scotland, ended up in London in 1977. Sh... More

Prologue
1 - Julia from Glasgow
2 - Mr Pluto
3 - The Nap of the Cats
4 - Something
5 - He Does Not Bite
6 - FANDABBYDOSY
7 - You Take My Breath Away
8 - A Dance With Her
9 - Stockholm
10 - Everything has changed
11 - A night at the Hovet
12 - What are you doing here?
13 - Shall we sleep?
Some news - not an update
14 - The Hangover
15 - Honey, I'm glad you came back!
16 - Hi, Deacy!
17 - Are you in love?
18 - I Want To Hold Your Hand
19 - Shall we dance, honey?
20 - Stomp, Stomp, Shit!
21 - A beautiful couple
22 - You are a good girl
23 - Love in Glasgow
24 - News of the World
25 - Hello, Julia!
26 - My Melancholic Juls
27 - As a Bandage
28 - Blair
Not an update
30 - Welcome to Montreux
31 - How wonderful life is while you're in the world
32 - Different Lifes
33 - Neighbors
34 - The Letter
35 - Hyde Park Corner
36 - My Fault
37 - I'm on my way
The Game Of Love

29 - A Secret for Elton

586 19 4
By msmayharold

I just got back from my college graduation!  I'm so happy!  Hope you like it!  have fun!

JULIA

London, 15 August 1977.

I have never imagined several situations in my life, and half of them are related to the moment I am living.

I'm pregnant and there's a maniac threatening me, and I'm at Elton John's house, and he's one of my best friends.

"You've been worrying me since you arrived, Julia!" Elton spoke scratching his head after my refusal of a glass of gin and tonic. "You don't refuse gin!" He spoke in an almost desperate tone which made me laugh.

"Elton ... you are amazing." I started and he frowned.

"So far no news dear Julia, what do you want to tell me?" He smiled taking my hand on the table and wiggling with his thumb.

I smiled weakly at him.

"I need you to keep a secret." I spoke looking at him who took off his sunglasses and looked at me with concern.

"You're scaring me, is it something with Freddie?" He asked after taking a long drink of his drink.

"Well the first part yes, I'm pregnant." I said smiling at Elton who widened his eyes and opened his mouth unable to speak pulling me into a hug.

"Congratulations Juls! My God this is amazing!" He said making me get emotional - I was getting emotional about anything and everything, so don't judge me.

"Thank you, Elton! But now comes the other part, and well, this is really a secret even John knows, can I trust you?" I asked holding both hands of Elton on the table, he seemed to deliberate for a moment but I knew he would not let me down.

So I started telling the whole story with Cameron, how I arrived in London, the three times he met me and of course about the last threat.

"Aren't you going to tell Freddie that?" He had a look of amazement on his face.

I sighed deeply and leaned back in my chair.

"You know how he is. I'll tell John. But Elton ... I need you to give me your word, if this man goes after me again, I need to disappear." I spoke feeling a lump forming in my throat. "Freddie can't know anything. He has his career, he doesn't have to worry about it, it's going to be better for him and the baby." My eyes were already full of tears.

"What do you mean by that?" Elton asked in a low voice watching me with concern and despair.

"That I will disappear from their lives." I said closing my eyes and letting the tears run down my face.

FREDDIE

"John?"

"Mhmm?"

"When did you start feeling a dad?" I asked.

We were sitting on the sofa in the studio lounge, the sensations, doubts and fears were constantly emerging sharing space with great joy.

I was going to be a father.

I dreamed of having a family, and with Julia everything seemed ideal ... I loved her so much, sometimes I watched her sleep at night while she dreamed, she was an amazing woman, everything about her stared at me, the way she laughed , the ill-created answers that came out smoothly, the contagious laughter.

It was strange the days when she left, it seemed like something was missing, and to think that the first time I saw her wanted her far away from here.

Ironic, no?

"Well, I almost fainted when Ronnie broke the news to me." He laughed at the memory. "I thought I was feeling father when I first felt Robert kick, but it was when I first held him that I understood everything ..." he said with a smile on his face and his gaze seemed to be focused on the image painted by the memory. that he told me. "But that may be relative." He said looking at me. "How do you feel?"

"I'm feeling so many things, it's hard to explain. I wasn't expecting-"

John laughed and rolled his eyes.

"You weren't expecting? You should know how babies are made, right?" He had irony in his voice.

"My dear Lord!" I exclaimed staring at the ceiling "I know how babies are made, but that's beside the point! Now that everything is happening .. I can't imagine my life without them ... my girls." I said looking back at Deacy.

"Girls?" He had a frown and I laughed.

For me it was a girl! Especially after Julia woke up from a nightmare screaming for her name.

Blair

I was sure!

"Julia had a nightmare this week when she woke up she was screaming for Blair." I said, John's expression softened.

He was happy. Seeing Julia happy made him feel calm.

"Well, we'll have to wait a few more months before we know." He laughed and I followed him.

Roger emerged from the lounge door when I had the brilliant idea to tease him.

I could not miss this opportunity.

"Hey Blondie!" I smiled amiably at Roger who came as a golden retriever and sat on the couch between me and John. "You know, I've been thinking about something ..."

John and Roger looked at me suspiciously.

"What, Fred?" He asked suspiciously and I smiled at him.

"Oh, you know. We're all dating and or married, and I don't know if you noticed me, Brian and John will be parents, and have you joined the line too?" I nudged Roger's arm excitedly and he seemed to have died.

John was laughing, unable to stop, and me too. Roger was still a ghost when Brian arrived in the lounge and found us that way.

"What is happening?" He asked with a frown.

Roger finally came back to life.

"YOU CAN'T PLAY WITH SERIOUS THINGS!" he got up and ran out the door making us laugh even harder.

"What did you say to him?" Brian asked in amazement if he sat where Roger was before.

"I just remembered the obvious to him." I said gesturing with my hands.

Brian had a frown on his face.

"That we are all going to be parents, but still missing him." It was enough for Brian to join us in the incessant laugh.

We had already finished the recording appointments that day when I finally got in the cab and smiled being happy to go home and finally be able to be with my girls and of course our cats.

I had bought the car and Phoebe drove for me, but when I had to be separated from Julia I preferred that he was beside her.

They had become good friends, always talking, laughing, he was always taking care of her, they looked like longtime friends, almost brothers, and that brought reassurance to me.

As I got out of the cab at Stafford Terrace I smiled as I climbed the stairs to the flat's entrance, I could see that Oscar was at the second floor window and wagged his tail excitedly when he saw me.

Upon entering the flat I was greeted by Jerry and Tom, the living room light was off, quietly I climbed the stairs and could hear Julia humming from the bathroom.

I smiled mischievously wondering what she was doing and slowly approached the door that was ajar.

She was in the tub, covered in foam, Jasmin's scent dominated the air, her eyes were closed, her hair pinched at the top of her head, and she looked so relaxed.

I took off my shoes, pants, shirt and finally my boxer. I walked into the bathroom without her noticing.

I can't scare my pregnant wife, be kind.

"So Miss Quinn." I said already by the bathtub, a smile appeared on her face, she opened her eyes and the intense green that only she had seemed to invade me.

"Mr Mercury, I wasn't expecting you to arrive now, if you want I can get out of your bathtub." She spoke smiling with mischief as her eyes scanned my body.

"Miss Quinn, you know this won't be necessary." I said looking into her eyes without looking away.

"So would you like to join me?" She asked stretching a hand toward me and I caught her.

"It would be such a pleasure." I said getting into the tub behind her and hugging her.

**

Julia's curls were sprawled across the bed, she was still wearing her satin robe when I reached the bedroom and she rested her hands on her belly.

"So what are you two talking about?" I asked sitting next to Julia who smiled at me.

Always so bloody beautiful.

"About how tired we are. Do you mind if we don't go with you to the record company dinner tonight?" She asked as she yawned.

My fingers caressed her long curls.

"Are you sure? We can come back early." She really looked very tired.

"Mo grhàidh, I need to rest, go do what has to be done and come back to us." She said pulling me in for a quick kiss.

"Okay, I'll go. But I'll hitch a ride with John, you stay with Phoebe for anything you need don't hesitate to call him, right?" She smiled at me, her hand on my cheek and squeezed it smiling.

"And you come back to us, we'll be waiting for you." She spoke and I got out of bed.

"Ever." I told her she blew a kiss for me.

JOHN

I hated it when we had these dinners.

Especially when the recording routine was so intense, Reid never let us slip, even Jim tried to ease it, but Reid made sure we were at these meetings.

"Ronnie is tired of these kinds of events too, Fred. They're pregnant, it's common." I explained to Freddie as we got out of the car and handed the club valet my keys.

"I know - but you know. I don't like leaving her alone." He grunted as we entered the club.

"She's with Phoebe. Don't worry and we'll be home soon, my God when did Freddie Mercury the king of the nights become a homely man?" I asked laughing and he rolled his eyes.

"I'm just worried, Deacy." He spoke as we searched for the reserved table.

Brian and Roger were already there, and so was Paul - I can't stand this guy.

"Worried acts, nothing will happen." Walk now let's go.

I said pulling him by the arm and heading toward our table.

"You finally arrived!" Brian spoke in a tone of relief as we sat in our seats.

"Freddie how discouraged is this?" Roger asked while drinking a Heineken.

Freddie laughed weakly and motioned to the waiter.

"Just missing Julia." He said with a shrug.

"She won't come? She's always at everything." Paul commented and I rolled my eyes.

"She's tired, she decided it was better to stay home today, but - come on, while Reid doesn't arrive with his costume troupe we can have fun." He spoke clapping which made us laugh.

I should have controlled him.

Soon Reid arrived with Jim and other guys to talk about publicizing our new album, everything was going well. Freddie, me, Rog and Bri in perfect tune, sometimes Paul gave his opinions but nothing much.

When Reid got up to leave I mentally thanked him, it was my chance to go, and so was Fred's.

"So let's go?" I asked Freddie who was talking animatedly with Paul he looked doubtful at me.

"Deacy I'll go later, it's still early." He said covering his teeth with his upper lip, he always did that when he got nervous.

"I can give you a lift later." Paul intruded.

"Are you sure? And Julie?" I asked with a frown and he gestured with his hands signaling that everything was fine.

"She's fine with Phoebe," he said, I just shrugged and said goodbye to everyone going home alone.

I should not have done it.

JULIA

Wessex Studios, August 16, 1977.

Something that had never happened was happening.

What the hell are you talking about, Julia?

It's ten o'clock in the morning, everyone is here, I mean everyone except Freddie who disappeared last night.  I was pretending to be quiet but I could feel all the pitying glances on me, the poor pregnant woman who doesn't know where her boyfriend spent the night.

I knew, of course, where Freddie had gone, he had gone out with the boys for anything related to the album, he had asked me to go with him, but I was tired and just wanted to rest.  He was, although annoyed to leave me alone, the phone rang late at night when John warned me that he had stayed with Paul the place that they went.

And I?

Well I got Tiffany, Oscar, Tom and Jerry, they stayed in bed with me, never leaving me and Freddie didn't arrive.  In the morning I got up normally, obviously a wave of nausea washed over me, I got ready and Phoebe made me eat, and so I got to Wessex.

No Freddie.

I could taste the anger on the tip of my tongue.  I was being ruled by hormones that weren't mine, I was seeing everything red and I wanted Freddie's head on a plate for making me agonize in worry all night long.

Am I being ridiculously dramatic?

Yes.

But let's face it, he couldn't have done that!

"Soo ..." I looked to my side and Veronica smiled at me taking me out of my reverie.  "Did you sleep tonight?"  She asked with a frown of concern forming between her eyebrows.

"No."  I sighed and she smiled at me and gave me a hug.

We were all in the studio, including Dom, we would all participate in the recording of We Will Rock You, if Freddie arrived, of course.

"John spent the night worrying about you, didn't Freddie call?"  She asked as one of her hands caressed my shoulder.

"Ronnie ... I have no idea where Fred is."  I admitted feeling my voice fail - don't betray me damn hormones!

Deacy approached us and cleared his throat.

"What are the prettiest girls in the room talking about?"  He tried to smile but I knew him and could see he was being cautious.

"About nothing."  I said pulling him into a hug and he kissed the top of my head.

"Okay, I'll be content with that hug."  He laughed weakly away and seemed to analyze me.  "I'll break Freddie for you."  He said smiling at me stealing a laugh from me.

My hormones were making me kind of ... violent.

"It won't take John."  Freddie spoke as he arrived wearing sunglasses.

Was it normal for hate to disappear and give way to love?

John gave Freddie a deadly look, and finally after muttering a good morning between his teeth, he left with Veronica leaving us alone.

"Morning, kitten."  He spoke to me pulling against his chest and kissing my hair.

Don't fall for it, Julia!

"What happened to you?"  I practically hissed away from his hug.  "You left me alone all night, Fred!"  I spoke quietly trying not to draw the attention of everyone who was oblivious to our reunion.

"II ... I'm sorry kitten."  He spoke taking off his glasses, his eyes were slumped as if he had not slept at all, dark circles began to appear and his eyes were slightly reddish.

I pulled him out of the recording booth, getting a warning look from Brian, but I was giving a fuck for that.  I pulled Freddie by the wrist into an adjoining room where we used to stay during rehearsals closing the door behind me while he seemed to be nervously rubbing his hands together constantly.

"Fred, what the fuck did you do? I was worried!"  I spoke feeling the despair - which I normally wouldn't have - taking over me.

He was a few feet from me.  He had gone home, was wearing clean clothes, and seemed to have showered a short time ago.

"I exceeded myself a little on time and -"

"Exceeded. A little?"  I closed my eyes and massaged the bridge of my nose with my fingers.  "I was worried all night."  I still spoke with my eyes closed.  "Getting out of bed this morning, coming to the studio alone without even knowing where you were was agonizing."  I opened my eyes and met his shattered brown gaze.  "What did you do?"  I asked in a whisper.

He bit his upper lip as he used to when he got nervous.  I didn't want to fight him, but my subconscious was trying to make sure that nothing I thought or felt was kept to myself in my thoughts.

"I was drinking, some other friends showed up ..." he said coming close with his hand extended to me but I kept my arms crossed.  "I didn't feel worth sleeping next to you."  He spoke in a low voice.

He didn't do what I was thinking he did ... not possible.

"What happened?"  My voice sounded calm and low.  "Why don't you think you could sleep next to me?"  He looked away and shook his head, his nostrils were slightly red, and that was like a snap to me.  "Did you get high? Is that what happened? Cocaine, Fred?"  I asked with my hand subtly touching his arm.

"Y-yes."  He said closing his eyes.

I closed my eyes and swallowed the acid that seemed to be rising in my throat.

"I couldn't go home ... I regretted kitten."  He put his hand to my face trying to make me look at him, but seeing those bright brown eyes wouldn't help me at that moment.

I wanted him to stop that shit.

"Fred- I, I can't admit that to you."  I spoke with my gaze still on the floor as his fingers caressed the side of my face incessantly.  "I can't allow you to end your life."  I looked up at him who looked glued.  "I hate to do that ... but I can't go on with you if you risk yourself that way."  I said feeling my heart hurt.

I loved him so much.

"I had stopped, kitten .. I swear but it was a slip forgive me."  He brought his other hand to the other side of my face framing it between his hands and our eyes were fixed on each other as a soft knock on the door interrupted us and he released me.

"come in."  He spoke with a clenched fist.

Brian looked confused when his head popped into the ajar door.

"We are waiting for you."  He spoke looking at us suspiciously.

"We're already going."  Freddie spoke with one arm around me.

Brian nodded and closed the door leaving us alone again.

The silence fell as he turned me to face him, his thumb making small circles on my cheek, the regret in his eyes.

I should stop acting like a hysterical madwoman.

"Sorry, kitten."  He spoke in a low voice.

I took a few deep breaths and stood on tiptoe pulling him to me and kissing him hard.

"You have to stop this shit, Freddie."  I spoke between the kisses and holding his face between my hands.

He just nodded and hugged me tightly.

"I'm going kitten, I- promise to you."  He spoke and someone else knocked on the door making me laugh at him for the first time in the day.

Roger entered the room with covered eyes.

"I don't want to be invasive, but Bri is crazy, so you guys get in the room right away."  He still spoke with covered eyes making Freddie and I laugh.

"You can uncover the eyes, Rog. It's all right."  Freddie spoke and Roger peeked through the crack of his fingers to make sure nothing was really wrong.

I already had a baby and didn't know.

"Thank God you are dressed."  He spoke with some relief making me laugh as we walked him to the recording studio.

For now everything was fine.

JOHN DEACON

STOMP
STOMP
CLAP

Brian's look of happiness was almost disturbing, he seemed to be in the heavens to see the effect that fifteen people on a platform stamping their feet and clapping in sync.
Freddie seemed to be feeling the intensity of Brian's incredible musical rhythm as he rehearsed a few steps, as if performing.

STOMP
STOMP
CLAP

Julia, Ronnie, Chrissie, and Dominique all seemed to be having fun, and I have to admit I was finding it great to have them play a track on the album, even if it was just clapping and clapping  feet ... but I was still bothered by the Prenter looks at Julia.

STOMP
STOMP
CLAP

It was as if he was mad at her.  It bothered me as much as the fact that Freddie had come from a night out with him.  Not that I believed he had cheated on Julia, that was totally out of the question.  He loved Julia and the baby so much, he expressed that almost every moment.  But I knew Fred.  He was my best friend, I knew he was coming from a night of heavy drinking and drugs.

STOMP
STOMP
CLAP

Brian motioned for the recording panel to stop us, finally my hands and feet already hurt.

"Guys that was awesome!"  He spoke through the panel microphone.  "Thank you for being part of this historic moment. Lunch break?"  He suggested and we all started down the dais.

Julia went out with the girls in the cabin while talking animatedly, she looked much better than when she arrived earlier.

Roger said something to me but I didn't pay attention to him, as I approached Freddie I touched his shoulder and he smiled nervously at me.

"Deacy, has anyone ever said how scary you can be when you want?"  He laughed and scratched his head.

At least he's in a good mood.

"Freddie, we need to talk."  I meant it and he seemed to get tense.

He knew I did everything for Julia and knew I would be tough on him.

Prenter was the last one out of the room, looking uncomfortable seeing me and Freddie, but him to fuck.

"About?"  Freddie cleared his throat and pulled his upper lip over his startled teeth.

"You know, about your family."  I meant it and he nodded.

It was strange, but my best friend, the person I thought would never have a family in a few months was building one.  And I needed to protect her at all costs.

He needed to have somebody to love, a reason to come home every day like Ronnie and Robert.  He needed to love and be loved, and I knew he was Julia's somebody to love, and Julia was his someone.

"Fred, you are my best friend. I've known you for years and I know what your buzz nights are like."  He opened his mouth to speak but I didn't let him.  "I don't doubt your love for Julia and I know you would never cheat on her. That's explicit in the way you look at her."  I spoke calmly.

"John I feel so bad for yesterday, I almost broke it up ... I almost lost Julia."

He had a desperate tone.

"Fred- she's disappointed, I mean. Understand her side, she's pregnant! Do you have any idea of ​​the impact your irresponsibility has on now?"  I asked with a hand on his shoulder.

"Yes."  He said looking away.

I needed to show him why he couldn't act irresponsibly, and it had to hurt him.

"You have a family now. There are two people who depend on you more than anything in this world."  The words seemed to be a whip whipping him.  "you need to think about them."  I spoke knowing that Freddie thought they would have a girl.  "Don't get carried away by moments like this, risk and irresponsibility are not worth what Julia and Blair are worth."  I could see his eyes sparkle.

I knew those words scared him, but he needed to understand.

"Don't lose your family for so little Freddie. They need you."  I patted his shoulder amicably and left him alone in the studio.

He needed to hear truths sometimes.

FREDDIE

Stafford Terrace - Overnight.

Deacy's words echoed in my head.

I needed to be by my family, to be strong.  No longer surrender to risk and irresponsibility.  I had two people who needed me.

My self from a few months ago was certainly laughing at me.

I was completely in love with Julia.

Julia was beside me on the bed snoring quietly with the golden curls falling gracefully over the pillow, she looked so tired earlier today.

A shiver of fear seemed to run through my body as I remembered her saying that she couldn't go on with me if I continued to do these things.

She and John was right.

She and Blair didn't deserve this.

I had to be the best for them.

A sudden urge to have Julia close even closer to me seized me as I pulled her by the waist to my chest.  She continued to sleep.  Her sleeping, angelic features were a gift, her pink lips parted, her soft palm on my bare chest.

I needed her so badly.

I brought my hand to the base of her back that was covered by the short white satin nightgown, fanning her as she seemed to snuggle in my chest, the small hand going to my neck.

"I missed you."  She spoke with her eyes closed and a beautiful smile on her lips.

"I didn't want to wake you up, I'm sorry kitten."  I said kissing her forehead.

She shook her head and laughed as one of her legs wrapped around my waist pulling me closer to her.

"It's all right, mo ghràid."  She opened her green eyes and I seemed to lose myself in their vastness for a few seconds.  "I missed you so much last night."  She spoke in a whisper as she wrapped both her legs around my waist getting over me.

She smiled mischievously as my hands instinctively dropped to her ass.

"What are you doing Miss Quinn?"  I asked with a silly smile on her lips as she trailed wet kisses from my neck to my chest.

She looked up from her to me, the green was dark and I could feel the desire emanating from her.

"Kissing you Mr Mercury?"  She responded innocently by rubbing her hip over mine as my hands roamed her thighs.

She would kill me one day.

"Let me love you Miss Quinn."  I said squeezing her against my body feeling an uncontrollable urge to hold her over me.

Her lips met mine, her hands went to my hair pulling me closer to her as mine lifted the delicate fabric.

She put a hand on my cock, which throbbed for her.

"I need you so bloody bad."  I spoke with ragged breathing as she massaged me maddeningly.

A smile spread across her face as she led my cock into her warm, wet entrance, teasing me as she let only the top enter it.

"I need you to be bloody bad inside me, Mr Mercury."  she spoke with her lips on my earlobe as my hands on her hips forced her over mine.

I needed that woman forever in my life.

A / N: Shall we pray?  Bless with holy water?  Let's go !?

We are coming to the end of the first book.
.
.
.
.
Things take a rather funny turn now.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.2K 474 16
π’Šπ’ π’˜π’‰π’Šπ’„π’‰ 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆'𝒔 𝒂 π’ˆπ’“π’π’–π’‘π’„π’‰π’‚π’• 𝒐𝒇 𝒇𝒐𝒖𝒓 π’˜π’‚π’„π’Œπ’‚π’”π’” π’•π’†π’†π’π’‚π’ˆπ’†π’“π’”, π’•π’˜π’ 𝒐𝒇 π’˜π’‰π’Šπ’„π’‰ 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒆𝒙𝒂𝒔𝒑𝒆𝒓𝒂𝒕...
38.4K 1K 33
Rosie gives Roger thirty days to convince her to stay. Adapted.
44.8K 2.2K 19
This story takes place in the early 70s.
12.1K 884 45
The sequel to 'Deacury - School Of Loverboys' Please check out part one before reading this. Freddie is now back in England and his relationship wit...