My Hero Academia X Male Spide...

By SpaceCowboy99

A quirkless nerdy kid gets bit by a radioactive spider and goes to school to become a her, making friends and... More

Character Info
Ch. 1: The Rejects
Ch. 2: Meeting the Doctor
Ch. 4: A Quirk?!
Ch. 5: Wrestling Match
Ch. 6: Regrets
Ch. 7: Responsibility
Vigilante Chronicles #1: Mysterio (Pt. 1)
Vigilante Chronicles #1: Mysterio (Pt. 2)
Vigilante Chronicles #2: Shocker
Vigilante Chronicles #3: Caught in a Web
Vigilante Chronicles #4: Rhino's Stampede
Vigilante Chronicles #5: Vulture (Pt. 1)
Vigilante Chronicles #5: Vulture (Pt. 2)
Vigilante Chronicles #5: Vulture (Pt. 3)
Vigilante Chronicles #6: Black Cat
Vigilante Chronicles #7: The Plan
Vigilante Chronicles #8: The Heist
Vigilante Chronicles #9: Tragedy & Truth
Vigilante Chronicles #10: Electro (Part 1)
Vigilante Chronicles #10: Electro (Part 2)
Vigilante Chronicles Finale: A Rising Threat
Ch. 8: No Good Deed Goes Unpunished
Ch. 9: Busted
Ch. 10: Opportunity
Ch. 10.5: Private Investigations
Ch. 11: The Exam
Ch. 12: The Results
Ch. 13: Brand New Day
Ch. 14: Rage, You Damn Nerd
Ch. 15: The Rejects Fight Back
Ch. 16: Just Do Your Best, Iida!
Important Update!! (Nothing Bad, Don't Worry)
Ch. 17: A Grim Reminder
Ch. 18: Harsh Reality
Ch. 19: Whatever It Takes
Ch. 20: The Aftermath
Ch. 21: A Day For Preparation...And For Truth
Ch. 21.5: The Spider-Cop Duo
Ch. 22: The Cranky Journalist
Ch. 23: Working Outside of the Law... Again
Ch. 24: Break In, Break Out

Ch. 3: The Spider Bite

6.4K 158 83
By SpaceCowboy99

(F/N's POV)

After all the excitement from meeting Dr. Octavius, I got to bed kinda late. I barely made it to school on time. Today was the day of the field trip to Oscorp. I had been there once before when my friend Harry was still around. That was a long time ago now and Harry was gone. I've seen his dad around a few times, but he's always so busy with work and politics. 

My class was gathered outside of Oscorp as the teacher did a head count and laid down from ground rules for the trip. I stood in the back next to Midoriya. Flash was up front tossing a ball, which the teacher caught as he spoke.

Teacher: "Remember, it's a privilege to be here. We are guests of Oscorp Industries so behave accordingly. Let's not have a repeat of our trip to the planetarium. We wouldn't want that, would we. Mr. Thompson?"

Flash scoffed and tried to look cool.

Flash: "Oh of course not. I'll be on my best behavior. I can't speak for Venom."

The teacher gave Flash a stern look.

Teacher: "You better have it under control, Thompson. You will be held accountable if your quirk acts out on its own."

The teacher turned to the rest of the class.

Teacher: "Come on, people. Let's stay together."

We all began walking to the Oscorp laboratory. Midoriya and I followed behind the rest of the class. Midoriya took notice of the camera with the strap wrapped around my neck.

Midoriya: "What's with the camera, F/N?"

F/N: "Oh, this is for the school paper. I said I would get some pictures."

Midoriya: "Oh, I didn't know you were into photography."

I chuckled a little.

F/N: "Yeah, I've been picking it up lately. I plan on keeping some of the photos to myself to take some notes on anything I find interesting."

Midoriya smiled.

Midoriya: "You take notes about science the same way I take notes about heroes. What a pair are we?

F/N: "Like I said before: us rejects need to stick together. We may have slightly different notes, but we should have each other's back."

I guess we got caught up in our conversation. We were lagging behind the rest of the class and the teacher called us over to the rest of the group.

Teacher: "Hey, you two! Let's move!"

F/N: "We better get going."

Midoriya: "Yeah."

We walked up the steps and into the lab. After a few minutes, we were taken on a tour of the facility and told about the research being conducted there. One of the last research topics we looked at had to do with spiders. I always found them interesting and boy were we in for a treat. 

Out guide began breaking down their spider research while she showed us around the room. The room was a circle with a bunch of monitors in the center. There were shelves of either spiders or information throughout the room.

Tour Guide: "There are over 32,000 known species of spiders in the world. They are in the order Aranae, which is divided into 3 subgroups." 

As the tour guide continued, I nerded out over the tech in the room and Midoriya was my audience. 

F/N: "Wow, incredible. This is one of the most advanced electron microscopes in Japan. It's unreal."

Tour Guide: "Arachnids from all three groups posses varying strengths which help them in their constant search for food. For example, the delena spider, family Sparassidae, has the ability to jump to catch its prey."

I held up my camera and looked to the guide to ask for permission.

F/N: "May I? For the school paper?"

Tour Guide: "Of course."

As I focused to take the shot, Flash bumped me, screwing up the picture. I gave him a look and he bumped me again as we continued the tour.

Tour Guide: "Family Filistatidae, genus Kukulcania. It spins an intricate, funnel-shaped web whose strands have a tensile strength proportionately equal to the type of high tension wire used in bridge building." 

As I went to take another picture, Flash bumped me again and his friends chuckled quietly. This time, Midoriya worked up the courage to say something to my bully.

Midoriya: "Leave him alone." 

Bakugo walked up to Midoriya and grabbed him.

Bakugo: "Or what? Mind your own business, Deku. Both of you are pathetic losers. No wonder you stick together."

As the tour continued and Flash, Bakugo, and his goons were bugging the two of us, the teacher came over to us all.

Teacher: "What is going on? The next person who talks will fail this course. I kid you not. Let's go."

Bakugo let go of Midoriya and they all shoved past us.

F/N: "Thanks," I whispered to Midoriya.

Tour Guide: "This grass spider hunts using a set of reflexes with nerve conduction velocity so fast, that some researchers believe it almost borders on precognition...an early awareness...a spider sense."

Midoriya found some really cool spiders.

Midoriya: "Hey, look at that spider."

F/N: "Some spiders change colors to blend into their environment. It's a defense mechanism."

Midoriya: "That's great. A quirk like that would be amazing."

The  tour guide explained that they had brought together all these spiders in the hopes of combing the DNA of all 3 subgroups.

Tour Guide: "We used synthesized transfer RNA to encode and entirely new genome combining the genetic information from all three spiders into these 15 genetically designed super spiders."

Classmate: "There's 14."

Tour Guide: "I beg your pardon?"

Classmate: "One's missing."

The tour guide came over to look at the containers for the 15 spiders, finding one missing like my classmate said.

Tour Guide: "Huh. I guess the researchers are studying that one."

Little did we all know, out missing spider had made a new home in the corner of the room.

As the tour continued I lagged behind to take photos of the "super spiders." I looked around to make sure Flash and Bakugo were gone and I could finally take a good photo. I was in the middle of taking a few pictures when I felt a stinging pain from my right hand. I jerked my arm away and saw something fall off as I did. I looked on the ground to see a spider crawling around. I crouched down to look as it went back into hiding under a shelf. I felt my hand as it was still sore. A mark was left where the spider had bit me.

Teacher: "Parker. Let's go. The tour is moving on."

 I continued to hold my wrist and hand as I followed my teacher back to the group. The rest of the field trip was pretty unremarkable. The information was interesting, but I had a hard time focusing. My hand still had some soreness and I began to feel more and more sick as the day continued. I felt dizzy and nauseous. I felt really worm and began sweating. I couldn't really participate or comment. I was quiet for the rest of the day, jut trying to get through the trip. 

---Later - Parker Residence---

As the day was winding down to an end, I made my way home from school and walked in the front door. My aunt, uncle, and I lived in a modest two story house. We never had much money. In fact, Uncle Ben was in between jobs looking for new work so money was pretty tight.

I still felt sick as i walked in, but I found my Aunt and Uncle in the dining room, looking as cheery as ever. Uncle Ben sat at the table looking at the daily newspaper. Aunt May was standing over him with her hand on his shoulder.

May: "Oh, hi sweetie. You're just...just in time for dinner." 

She seemed to notice that I looked out of sorts based on the tone of her voice. Uncle Ben began to get up from his chair to greet me.

Ben: "Hey, how ya doing, buddy? How was the field trip?"

I set my bag down and walked towards them. I took my jacket off.

F/N: "Uh, I don't feel well. I think I'm gonna go to sleep."

I walked past the two of them and began to walk upstairs.

May: "You don't want a bite?"

F/N: "No, thanks. Had a bite."

Author: I can't believe I just got the irony of that line. It's from the 2002 Spider-Man movie if you were wondering. Anyways, back to the story.

Ben: "Did you get some pictures, F/N?"

F/N: "Uh, yeah. I gotta crash but I'll be alright."

I made my way to my room and closed the door behind me. I took off my shirt since I was boiling. I felt woozy and I could barely stand. I made my way towards my bed, but collapsed and fell to the floor next to my bed. I laid on the floor and grabbed my blanket. I couldn't muster the strength to pull myself up onto the bed so a decided to lay there. As I clutched the blanket, I could see that the spot on my right hand where the spider bit was swollen and pink.

It was the worst feeling I had ever felt. I felt like my budding was shutting down. I fell unconscious as I laid there for the rest of the night.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Notes

The story is beginning to take shape. The hero origin is almost done. I hope you have enjoyed reading so far. I took a great deal of inspiration from the 2002 Spider-Man movie. I love that trilogy and want to take inspiration from it and many other Spider-Man sources, such as Spider-Verse or the PS4 game.

As always, I will appreciate any feedback and comments to improve the story. I'm a big Spider-Man fan, but if there is something about Spider-Man I have not covered or you want me to cover in the future, let me know.

Thanks again!

See ya next time!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.1K 67 7
Meet Cindy Moon, a student in high school who loves science, reading books and most importantly spiders? She befriends a teenage boy of whom later sh...
33 0 13
An ordinary teenager must embrace the role of a hero, when his life changes forever after being bitten by a radioactive arachnid.
1M 30.4K 76
In a reality where Peter Parker died with his parents and another asshole (you) got bit by a radioactive spider instead. Instead Of using your great...
172K 2.2K 14
You are a normal high schooler at Midtown High and best friends with Gwen Stacy. One day you're on a field trip when you both get bitten by a radioac...