Malicious // h.s. [Editing]

By ComplicatedStyles

[Completed] Ma-li-cious Adjective Characterized by malice; intending or intended to do harm. Serial killers... More

Disclaimer/ Warning
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Not an update but please read
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
More to come!
Alternate Ending/ Epilogue
Final Author's Note
New book?
Author's Note
Pointers for writing?
New Username

Chapter 6

3.8K 110 14
By ComplicatedStyles

Darien's POV

I ran through the door and out onto the street as fast as I could. I could hear myself panting but I didn't care. I was so confused, I didn't know why I was running. Everything was fuzzy and then all of a sudden I just started bolting down the road. All I heard was screams and I didn't know what was going on. I just knew that I was running and for some reason I couldn't stop.

I took a big stride forward and lost my footing, tripping, but I managed to catch myself before I fell. I looked down at the ground as I steadied myself and screamed once I saw what was below my feet. All I could see was a dark scarlet colour covering the expanse of the paved ground; blood. The liquid became to feel thick and stinky below my feet, slowing down my stance. I didn't know where it was coming from or why it was there, but I knew I had to get out of there. Wherever I was.

I came to a halt when I heard a very loud high pitched scream, obviously coming from a woman. I looked around frantically, searching for whoever made the godawful noise. My body was spinning all around, my neck twisting from side to side as I took in my surroundings. I had somehow managed to run between two buildings without noticing. I was standing still in the middle of a dark ally and all of a sudden the end if it started to cave in; a wall was closing in on the end.

I whipped around to exit the way I came in but jumped and yelled frantically as I saw a lifeless body lying on the ground in front of me. A young girl lied completely frozen covered in blood with a slit across her neck. How did she get there? I just came that way and she was not there before. My eyes were dripping with tears, my cheeks were littered with the salty water as I struggled to breath. I didn't know what to do. I had to just leave her there? Run away and leave her lifeless body to rot in a puddle of blood? I had no choice.

I was ready to jump over her body and continue running from the terrible screams that were surrounding me from every direction. I didn't know who it was that was screaming or where it was coming from, but it was so loud and there were multiple voices letting go of their yells. I looked up from the dead girl and froze completely when I saw the shadow of a tall man wearing all black, covered in the scarlet liquid standing at the open end of the ally. I looked closely but couldn't make out his face, the black sky made it too dark to see.

He started getting closer and closer to me, being completely silent. He didn't make a sound and all that could be heard now was my breath. The loud screams suddenly stopped and the red substance started to appear beneath me again. Blood started to flow out from the ground and spread all around my feet, slowly taking up more and more of the ground. As the strange man got closer to me, I saw something shinny flash in his hand. The long blade of a sharp knife came into view and my body went cold, the colour draining from my face completely.

I backed up as far as I could until my back hit the brick wall behind me. I had no where else to go; I was trapped. He got so close I could feel his breath hit my face and he grabbed my hip, pulling my body into his. He raised the knife up to my neck and I screamed before I felt the cold object make contact with my skin.

I gasped loudly for air and jumped up on the bed. Tears slowly trailed from eyes down my face as I looked around the room. I was still in Harry's house, safe and unharmed. I guess I couldn't exactly say safe but I wasn't dead.

That dream felt so real, like it was really happening. It was so detailed and it felt like I was really there, living what was happening. It scared me beyond belief and I was shaking in my place as I sat on the bed quietly. It was no doubt that the man in my dream was Harry and it had everything to do with what was going on at the moment. That girl dead in the ally must have took the place of one of his victims in reality. Maybe she was Maggie Greene, his latest victim and my old friend from school, or maybe she was supposed to represent all of his victims. I don't know but it sure scared the shit out of me.

My breathing slowed down as Harry barged into the room with nothing but a pair of boxers on his body. I must say he was damn fit and I probably would have been drooling if it was any other situation, but being in the position I am now it didn't really faze me. He gave me a concerned and startled look before proceeding to enter the room and closing the door behind him.

"Are you okay? You were screaming hysterically," he asked and sat on the bed, looking me over intently. Was I really that loud that I woke him?

"I'm fine, just a bad dream," I dismissed. I wanted him out of 'my' room and as far away from me as possible. That dream was basically the closes to reality as it could of gotten, and I didn't want to be next to him knowing that horror actually happened before.

"What was it about?" He pressed. Of course he couldn't just let it go.

"Nothing, it doesn't matter," I shook my head and lied back down on the mattress.

"It obviously wasn't nothing because you were screaming bloody murder and you're covered in sweat. Don't tell me it doesn't matter!" He spoke. Screaming bloody murder, if only he knew I was doing exactly that.

"It's none of your concern!" I spat and rolled my eyes. I knew that was a big mistake when his nostrils flared and he gritted his teeth.

"Don't fucking roll your eyes at me! Now you tell me what that dream was about or I'll make you scream ten times louder than you were, sweetheart, you can bet on that!" He raised his voice through his teeth and grabbed my arm harshly, holding it very tight. I winced in pain and grew more terrified by the second as he glared sharply into my eyes. I wanted out of his tight grip before it got worse so I gave in.

"Alright," I nodded and he let go immediately.

"Go on.." He encouraged after a few moments.

I took a sharp breath before starting. "It was about you. I was running around town in the dark, but I didn't know what I was running from. There were loud screams coming from every direction and blood covering the ground at my feet. I ran into an ally and the other end just suddenly blocked off.. like-like a wall was placed here or something," I stuttered. He was looking into my eyes the whole time, his expression neutral. It was had to decipher what he was thinking.

"I turned around to run back the other way but- but there was a.. body. S-she was just lying there, completely still, covered in her own blood. She was.. She was dead," I struggled as I chocked back sobs. "I was going to run past her but when I looked up you were standing there. Y-you had a knife and you were coming closer and I tried to back away but I hit the wall and I didn't have anywhere to go. Y-you, you pressed me up against you and put the knife- the knife to my neck. Then I just woke up," I finished and wiped the tears that wouldn't stop cascading down my face. My skin was hot and my throat was sore from crying.

It stayed silent for a few minutes. Harry was just sitting there staring at my face, he wouldn't look away. I felt intimidated under his gaze and I didn't like him being here one bit, but I waited patiently for what he was going to say. When he finally spoke, it left me more confused.

"Too bad that couldn't have happened for real. I think it would have been much more fun than our real first encounter," he chuckled before standing up and exiting the room.

What?

I can't even begin to imagine the kind of brain damage he must have in order to say something like that to someone. He is a sick and twisted man and no doctor or scientist in the world could possibly be able to figure out what is wrong with him. There is no technology created to figure out what kind of chemical imbalance there is going on in his brain. His head is so damn fucked up that no amount of re-wiring could fix his corrupted mind.

I didn't know what time it was, but I was assuming it was still early as it was still slightly dark outside. The small window on the wall was just enough space to see the sky clearly. Harry must have went back to bed because I hadn't heard anything after he left the room and he hadn't come back to give me food like he promised. I hoped he would treat me okay while I was here, food and warm clothes, things like that is all I asked for.

My guess is it was about two hours later when Harry came back. He had his usual neutral expression across his face; as always, I couldn't tell what he was thinking. He carried a plate full of some type of substance that I couldn't make out from on the floor and when he handed it to me I noticed it was eggs and bacon. I was rather surprised that he made such an effort, but I was glad and I wasn't complaining.

"Eat all of it and then you can come out of here," he gestured around the room and my face lit up. He was actually going to let me out?

"Really? I can get out of here?" I asked all too quickly, showing too much of my excitement.

"Out of this room yes, but you will be staying in the house," he nodded and sat down beside me. I knew he wouldn't let me outside, but being out of this room was good enough for now.

"Thank you! I've been dying in here, and I really need a shower," I cringed at the thought of how long it's been since my last one. This is like the third or forth day since my last one, I've lost count.

"You can have a quick shower and change into different clothes," he agreed and took my plate away from me after I stuffed my mouth with the last bite. I hadn't realized how hungry I actually was until I started eating.

"Now?" I raised an eyebrow as he stood up.

"Yes, follow me," he ushered me up and out the door.

///
Leave a comment about your thoughts and opinions! Everything you say helps me a lot! Also, please vote, it only takes a second! Tell your friends and followers to check this story out! Thank you <3
~Bailey xoxo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Bloody Souvenirs By S.

Mystery / Thriller

98K 6.7K 26
Psychopath (noun): saɪkəpæθ / SAI-ko-path a person suffering from chronic mental disorder with abnormal or violent social behavior. "Never before...
Mortality By Tom

Paranormal

3.7K 233 13
A serial killer obsessed, ironically, with preserving life, looks for significance in the deaths of his victims, scrutinizing their final expression...
77 5 40
×ENG× A writer desires to get to know better the ugliest human being's secrets. He desides to take on a very dangerous request - writing down murdere...