BEGIN AGAIN.

Oleh jolante424

He understood me like no other. He knew me inside out. I could never hide anything from him. Well.....apart f... Lebih Banyak

Introduction.
Prologue.
Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25.
Chapter 26.
Chapter 27.
Chapter 28.
Chapter 29.
Chapter 30.
Chapter 31.
Chapter 32.
Chapter 33.
Chapter 34.
Chapter 36.
Chapter 37.
Chapter 38.
Chapter 39.
Chapter 40.
Chapter 41.
Chapter 42.
Authors Note.💝💝💝💝💟💟💟
Chapter 43.
Chapter 43 part 2.
Chapter 44.
Chapter 45.
Chapter 46.
Chapter 47.
Chapter 48.
Chapter 49.
Chapter 50.
Chapter 51.
Chapter 52.
Chapter 53.
Chapter 54.
Chapter 55.
Chapter 56.
Chapter 57.
Chapter 58.
Chapter 59.
Chapter 60.
Chapter 61.
Chapter 62.
Chapter 63.
Chapter 63 part 2.
Chapter 64.
Chapter 65.
Chapter 66.
Chapter 67.
Chapter 68.
Chapter 69.
Chapter 70.
Epilogue.

Chapter 35.

1.3K 85 3
Oleh jolante424

I sat silently in my room, needing a moment to myself. After having received such attention from my family, I needed time to think alone, more so on what Sam had told me. I had no idea that dad had such thoughts and was even looking into taking me out of the academy.

In the beginning, I would have jumped at the chance to leave everything behind, but now, everything has changed.

" Hazel?" I turn to the door, where aunt Karen has poked her head in." Can I come in?"

"Sure." I say.

I notice a tray full of various small potions of food in her arms as she enters.

" I didn't know what you would have liked right now, so I made a bit of everything." She says, placing the tray infront of me.

"Oh uh thank you aunt. I'll eat it a bit later, I'm not really hungry right now." I say, before looking back at my phone.

I hear a sigh. "Hazel, you have to eat now. I've been watching you and you're not taking care of yourself."

" I will." I say, still not tearing away from my phone as I'm busy chatting to Sam.

" Hazel put that phone down now!" She says, her tone sharp.

My phone is suddenly snatched from me and I cant help but frown at her, not understanding why she's acting like this. I watch her as she closes her eyes, sighing. When she opens her eyes again, her lips twitch into a small shaky smile.

" Hazel honey, just please, eat." She takes a seat infront of me. " I haven't seen you get something down and you've been cooped up in here, so I am worried."

I take in her words, understanding her concerns after a minute of still being surprised. Ive never known her to act like that, maybe she's got a lot going on and I'm thinking about this for longer then necessary.

"Okay, I'll uh eat." I say, taking a sandwhich and having a bite, just to show her that I'm truly eating.

Glancing up at her, I notice a pleased look on her face.

"Are you okay?" I ask after a while.

"Yeah, just got a lot going on that's all."

"Is there anything I can help you with?" I ask.

" No, no dont worry. All I need from you is to take care of yourself. We worry about you, I worry." She takes my hand in hers, looking into my eyes. " I cant help but be scared sometimes, that I'm going to lose you or someone will come and take you away from me." She says, her eyes getting moist.

My chest tightens, watching her.

Before she can say anything, there's a knock on the door. My father pokes his head in. "Ladies, can I come in?"

"Yes." I say.

My aunt looks to the side, wiping at her eyes.

"Oh good, you're eating." My dad says, taking a sandwhich.

"Yeah and someone wants to join me?" I arch my brow.

He shrugs his shoulders, chugging the whole piece in his mouth. I shake my head.

"So, I was thinking, why dont we go out?" Dad suggests, after he's done with his sandwhich.

" I'm cool with that, aunt Karen -"

"Oh I was talking about you and me...." Dad trails off, shifting awkwardly on his heel.

Okay, this is awkward.

"But we can all go."

"No no, it's okay. Anyway I'm tired and need some rest from the long trip." She says, rising up from the bed.

"But -"

"And I'll make dinner, all your favourites." She says to me, her eyes lighting up. " I'll make my baby's -" A single cough from my dad cuts her off.

I notice him pass some type of look to her. She turns to me and gives me a smile but it doesn't reach her eyes.

What was that all about?

" You go and have fun."

"Oh okay." I say in almost a whisper, watching her leave the room, leaving both dad and I glancing at each other.

My dad just shrugs, his face saying everything....

Definetly awkward.

I can just remember times when my dad and I would go out on mini father and daughter dates. Those were times when a smile wouldn't leave my face. So to go out on one again with dad, reminds me of the special bond that he and I have. He's reminded me of when I shared everything with him, when he used to take time out of work, just to spend some time with me.

He would always have a special surprise for me, either he would make a new favourite dish I'd just discovered or from having a little tea party with me or even show up at school , just to come watch me compete in sports.

Today surely was no short of fun. Dad had taken me out for ice skating, it had been a while since we'd done that. My dad fell a couple of times while I only fell once. Easy laughter came from us and it felt like we had no worries in the world, everything felt easy.

Spending time with dad was just what I needed, with no worrying thoughts or stressing over anything. Being at ease and chilling with my dad almost made me forget about, what I'd planned to talk to him about. As much as my time spent with him was fun, I couldn't put aside the fact that he wanted to take me out of the acadamy.

That's why when we returned back at home, I found the right opportunity when he was in his office.

"Come in." I hear him say right after I'd knocked.

I take a breath, mentally encouraging myself to not prolong this any further. I must just get this conversation over with. When I enter into his office and see him focused on his computer, I stand frozen for literally a moment, until this earns my father's curious gaze.

" Hazel?" I snap out of it.

"Dad, could we talk?" I ask.

"Sure." I nod my thank you, heading on to take a seat infront of his desk.

"So, what do you want to talk about?" He says, pushing his chair back and giving me his attention.

"Am I not disturbing you? - I mean I could always come back and -"

"No, no. I need the break anyway."

Dad is the shareholder and also CFO of a company called Brandon and Co industries. They are an investment company that has been on going for many years. Dad has been working tirelessy towards a promotion and things, seem to be working well. Many wonder why as a shareholder, he would settle for being a CFO, but truth is that, dad really likes his job.

He's just too good at it.

And I might have heard that he is considering starting his own company, though he has an inheritance waiting for him to claim. Because Christian Lovett loves working and his independence,he's set that aside.

I've learnt from both him and mom, to work hard for everything I have. Sonetimes though, because I'm his only child, the family tends to spoil me just a little bit. They think I dont know, but I've taken notice and that's why I usually frustrate them when I neither ask for anything for a very long time or, request for a small cheap thing.

My grandparents dont listen to me though, they do as they please.

"Oh okay, well um I just want to say, thank you for coming all the way to the hospital and ofcourse taking care of me." I trail off.

I am not starting this well.

" Hazel, I'm your dad. It's not only my responsibility but you're my baby. I have to take care of you." He says with a small frown.

" I know that, that's why I'm always so appreciative when you take care of me. You do what's best for me and I know that you had me in mind, when you thought about taking me out of the academy." I say, noticing his facial expressiom changing to a blank one.

" I was going to talk to you about that."

"When?"

"Any day from now." He sighs. "Look Hazel, this has not been a definite thing but considering you're not doing well there, I'm starting to take it rather seriously."

"But who told you I wasn't doing well?" I ask, now frowning.

"It doesn't matter. What matters is your wellbeing."

"But I'm fi-"

"Don't you say that word. Gosh, you're just like your mom, saying you are fine when clearly you are not. The next thing we know - ," He cuts himself off, closing his eyes as he tries calm down.

" I'm not mom." I say in a low tone, my eyes on my lap as I feel a tightening in my throat.

"No, you aren't Hazel." I look up at him again.

He leans forward, folded arms on the desk. "Look, I had a talk with not only your guardian back at the academy but the doctor too. Your health takes priority here sweetheart."

"And my happiness?" I ask.

"Give me one good reason for that place being capable of giving you happiness. Just one." He holds up his finger infront of his face.

I stare at him for a few seconds, not because I don't have the answer, but because I don't know how he'll react to it.

"Dad - ," his cellphone suddenly rings, making me stop.

Checking the caller ID, I notice the look on his face that says it all. He has to answer the call.

"Can we continue this a bit later?" He asks, pleading with his eyes for me to understand.

I nod and walk out without another word.

There was so much more that we would have talked about, I realize, now as I aimlesly walk around the house, not wanting to return soon in my room. I decide to pay a visit to the attic, just to visit old memories which are stocked up there.

When I get there and start looking through the boxes for old pictures and stuff, my foot knocks some big boxes apart, revealing a pink shoe box which had almost been buried inbetween.

Curiously I pick it up and sneak inside. What I find are letters. Letters addressed to me.

*****

Tears prick at the corners of my eyes as I read through the first of many letters addressed to me. It's letters sent by Roman.

So many questions ring in mind. The first being, How was I not able to get ahold of these?

Roman was telling the truth. He's always been right. And he's not been here to see me.

"Oh my God." I murmur behind my trembling hand, staggering abit.

My breathing starts picking up, my chest heaving up and down.

I start to experience a sense of claustrophobia, it feels like the walls are closing in on me and I cant find it any easier to breathe.

I bolt out of there, needing clear vision and a breath of fresh air. Everything around me seems non existent as I rush to my room.

Reaching my room, I slam the door shut, locking it and resting my forehead against the door.

"Wow, someone's in a hurry." I tense up when I hear a voice behind me.

My head picks up and I slowly turn around, my eyes meet his figure standing close to the window.

The box slips from my trembling fingers and falls to the floor, while threatening tears fill up my eyes.

" Hazel, what's wrong?" He says, coming over to me in long strides.

The second I'm wrapped in his arms, my breathing really starts to pick up and it feels like my throat is tightening. "Hey, hey, hey Sweet, calm down."

I try to, but I cant. My head is swamped with many thoughts, I'm overwhelmed by what I've just found out.

" Hazel, hey, look at me." I try calming down but I cant. The thought of my family lying to me is hitting at me hard.

No, no. They know what Roman means to me, how our friendship -

"Dammit Hazel look at me!" He brings my face up to look at him.

"You're okay. Calm down, breathe." He gestures for me to follow his breathing technique.

Following his lead, I feel air in my throat, easing me out of my panick.

" Roman the letters. I - I dont understand. Someone - lied....I-"

"Okay, look into my eyes and breathe." I look into his eyes and focus only on his eyes.

I start to calm down, my eyes not tearing away from him.

His eyes are really unique and I'm not just saying that because they are hazel, there's a sort of uniqueness about about them.

Because I'm distracted and have now started to relax, he takes notice of this and he takes a step back, keeping me at armslength and taking a good look at me.

"Come on." He breaks eye contact, leading me to my bed.

"Lay down here with me." He says.

"But - ," he shuts me up by pouring a glass of water for me and giving me a pill that I'd forgotten to take, in which I'd left on the side table.

I drink it up without question, because of him giving me that ' dont you dare protest' look.

Placing everything aside for me, he gestures for me to take off my shoes and lay next to him, where he already lays on his side.

"But Roman the box -"

"Do you think I care about some box right now?" He says gruffly, making me sigh and take position next to him.

Immediately my body hits the bed, the medication starts working, making me feel sleepy. I feel fingers combing through my hair.

" I'm still mad at you, you know. You didn't come to see me." I say sleepily.

" I'll make it up to you."

"Get out of my room." I say, snuggling into the pillow.

"You'll have to shoot me first." A small lazy smile takes over my face.

I feel a kiss on the top of my head." Now sleep."

"But the box."

" Hazel." He warns me softly.

"You were telling the truth. You wrote to me. Everyone else lied." I mumble.

"Sleep." He says.

"You always tell me the truth." I mumble, falling asleep.

But before that, I could have sworn that I felt him tense beside me.

******

They are gone.

Both the box of letters and Roman. It's like everything that happened was a dream but I know better. Washing my face in the bathroom and getting the sleep out of me, I head on out of my room, needing something to drink.

Heading downstairs and in the midst of walking past the living room to go to the kitchen, the first person I see is Roman, seated on the couch and looking ahead.

He's still here.

"You're here." I say outloud from the doorway, gaining his attention.

I quickly go to him where he rises to his feet and takes me in his arms. " I thought you left again without telling me, I would have really killed you this time." I say, once I look up from his chest.

He tenses up for a few seconds and I realize my mistake. The meaning behind these words is deep. I close my eyes for a second. "Sorry."

I pull back and give him a small smile, only for it to slip from my face when I hear " What is he doing here Hazel?"

I tense up. "His name is Roman." I turn to face my family, who surprisingly are seated opposite Roman and me.

I can already picture the setting I've just walked in on, my whole family members gathered together while Roman is at the receiving end of their interrogation.

" Roman is here to see me and if anyone has any other questions, you can ask me." I sneak a glance up at Roman, who too looks at me.

I turn around to face them again, standing infront of Roman.

Alot of things dont add up, which has resulted to me having alot of questions. But one thing I do know is that no one is making the mistake of kicking him out. He's going nowhere.

" Hazel darling, why didn't you tell us before that Roman is -"

"That he's back?.....Well Roman is back and he's here to stay."

Family or not, I will stand up for Roman and I will protect him.

He might have had no one then, but he has me now. Like always.

***********************************

What do you think Hazel's answer would have been to her father's question, had they not been interrupted?

And, Do you think any of her family members had a part in their seperation. Maybe there's more to come in the light.

Well, thank you for reading.

❤❤💜💜💖💖💟💟💓💓

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

561 158 29
I only ever met one man I'd call truly noble. He was a man who was misunderstood and worthy of the world, yet everyone saw him differently. That was...
2.7K 689 59
Love is like a second hand emotion, its like taking a conscious leap into a never ending well with the intention of wanting to land safely at the bot...
553K 11.7K 26
As a result of past trauma, Lucy, a hardworking nurse, has kept herself in a safe bubble, only letting her closest friends in. She knows she needs to...
27.5K 760 47
He just stood there. Looking at me. The way I had reacted had put him in a state of shock. "I... I um," Every word I had learned from pre-school to n...