Pretend You're Mine

Galing kay goldenpup45

Rhian Ramos. The girl who has it all. Brains, beauty, luxuries... you name it. She is respected by all becaus... Higit pa

Author's Note
01 : The Two Rivals
02 : Partners
03 : Childhood Friend
04 : Mistake
05 : Guilt
06 : Change in Attitude
07 : Reconcile
09 : Proposal
10 : Will You Be My Girlfriend?
11 : Invitation
12 : Get Together with Friends
13 : Meeting of the Two Groups
14 : Surprises
15 : Unsure
16 : Moving In
17 : Interrogation
18 : Official
19 : Books and Banters
20. Horseback Riding
21 : Mr. Ramos' Tasks
22 : Lunch with the Ventura's
23 : Feelings?
24 : Attention
25 : Wedding Plans
26 : Waffle For Your Thoughts
27 : Opening Up
28 : Glaiza's Birthday
29 : Role Playing Game
30 : Chilling
31 : The Kiss
32 : Thoughts are Swimming
33 : Fiesta Fiasco (Part 1)
34 : Fiesta Fiasco (Part 2)
35 : Already Safe
36 : Confession
37 : Confuse
38 : Misunderstanding
39 : Spy
40 : Jealous
41 : Distracting Thoughts
42 : Half Feelings
43 : Sudden Changes
44 : I Love You
45 : Goodbye
46 : Marriage-Free
47 : Acceptance
48 : Tease
49 : Bliss
50 : Lifetime
Author's Note

08 : Unfair

747 26 2
Galing kay goldenpup45

Even though Glaiza wished that Rhian would apologize to her, it still came as a surprise when she said it. Before all of that, her day was quite busy. She went from fast food to fast food, and store to store. After 2 more job hunting with no positive results, she decided that she went home. She was really upset. It was now raining hard so she quickly hail a trycicle before she get wet. But she immediately halt the driver, when she saw someone basically drenched. She quickly got her small almost worn out umbrella and hold it out on the person's head.

Imagine the shock Glaiza felt when she saw that it was Rhian. It seems that these past few days, Rhian has been doing things that shocked Glaiza. One of which is this. So without hesitation, she took her in. She would have directed the trycicle driver to Rhian's home but it was quite far and she didn't bring enough money, so she decided that her own home would be the best option. It also shocked Glaiza's dad when she saw a drenched Rhian, for the main reason that he saw her for the first time in two years. So when Glaiza ask him to help her tend Rhian, he was glad to do so.

Glaiza's thought about yesterday's happenings were interrupted when she felt a nudge from her right elbow. She turn and saw her dad holding a bowl full of rice.

"Cha, go on and tell Rhian that breakfast is served. Oh! And also wake up your sister. She wouldn't want to miss another episode of Adventure Time again. You know how she reacts." Glaiza's dad said while preparing the table, to which Glaiza nodded.

She made a beeline to her room, just in time to see Rhian closing the bathroom door. "Hey, breakfast is almost ready. Come down and join us. I'm sure you're hungry since you didn't eat last night."

"Yeah, I'm practically starving." Rhian let out a nervous laugh while following Glaiza until they were standing in front of a plain brown door.

"What're we doing here?" Rhian questioned.

"Need to wake up my sister." Glaiza answered and slowly turn the knob.

Rhian eyes went wide. It didn't cross her mind about meeting her sister again. She wondered if she could still remember her. Back then, she was still so young.

When they walked in, she saw that the girl was indeed still sleeping with a purple teddy bear on her side. A smile crept on Rhian's face.

"Baby, hey, wake up." Glaiza softly said as she shake the young girl's shoulder gently.

"Nooo, need to go back to dreamland." The latter responded with a groan and swatted Glaiza's hand.

"Okay, fine, guess you don't want to see Adventure Time anymore-" Before Glaiza could finish her sentence, the young girl instantly bolt to sit up with eyes opened.

"I'm up! I'm up!" She said to which Rhian chuckle.

The young girl then turn her eyes to Rhian, who immediately stopped.

"Uhm.." She cleared her throat. "Hi, Chloe."

Rhian was about to walk towards her, when the young girl went behind Glaiza.

"Chloe, its your Ate Rhian. You don't have to hide from her." Glaiza said and tried to get Chloe's hands off her shirt, but still didn't let go.

"Its okay Glaiza." Rhian said and stop a few inches from the bed.

"I guess you don't remember me, huh?" Chloe shook her head no.

"Okay, well, that's fine. We can start off from the beginning... Hi, I'm Rhian, and you are?"

"I'm Chloe." The girl said softly.

"Nice to meet you Chloe." Rhian offered her hand and the girl hesitated for a while, but still shook Rhian's hand.

"Okay! Lets go downstairs. We don't want to keep dad waiting." Glaiza carried Chloe and the three went down.

Rhian instantly smile when she saw the second man who was close to her heart.

"Papa Vin!" She ran down the stairs and engulf the person in a hug.

"Oh Rhian! Its so good to see you!" The man said before pulling away. "You look even beautiful and taller the last time I saw you!"

Rhian chuckled in response. "And you've become a sweeter man the last time I've seen you!"

"I trust that you're feeling better now? You were looking pale last night and had me worried." Papa Vin asked.

"Well I'm still alive, aren't I? " Rhian said in a rhetorical question.

The two laughed before Mr. De Castro told them that the food is ready. They all sat down and began to eat.

Mr. De Castro didn't waste time and immediately questioned the brown-haired girl why he hadn't visited them right after they went back here in the Philippines.

"Well... I uh... was busy with uhm... father's company. Yeah, I was learning about the things I needed... when I uhm... took over." Rhian stuttered. She don't know how to tell him that ever since they came back, she intended to avoid Glaiza and forget about her.

Glaiza, of course, knew that Rhian was lying. That day when Glaiza and her family arrived from the US, she immediately called her about the good news and that she should come over to their house. The reply she heard from Rhian shocked her. It wasn't because of her short reply, but rather the coldness the message it brought her. Since then, the two started to drift apart.

There was a silence after that, apart from the sound of the cartoon Chloe was intently watching while eating.

"Anyway..." Rhian cleared her throat. "Where is Mama Claire? I haven't seen her in forever."

"Oh Rhian, you didn't know? Your Tita Claire is-"

Glaiza immediately cut her father's words. "Still in the US. She uhm... decided to work there. Wanted to get a higher salary and uhm... a new environment."

Glaiza found her dad staring at her in question, but avoided it quickly, not wanting to explain. As for Rhian, she wasn't quite convinced of what Glaiza said about her mother, but decided to drop it.

Despite the silence that befall them, Mr. De Castro instantly questioned Rhian about her life when they were gone. And from that, the conversation was live once again.

After breakfast, Rhian decided that she should head home, to which Glaiza offered to accompany her, after she take a bath. While waiting, Rhian approach Chloe who was doing something on her study table in her own room.

"Watcha got going there?" Rhian asked, making the young girl flinch in shock, to which Chloe accidentally smudge her drawing a little.

"Sorry! I didn't mean to scare you like that." Rhian apologized.

"Its fine" The girl mumbled while erasing the thick line in the lower right of her drawing.

Rhian pursed her lips, knowing that the girl has no interest of starting a conversation with her. So she leaned across to see a drawing of a cartoon character.

"Woah! That's really good!" Rhian said amazed. "Didn't know you're an artsy kid."

Chloe stopped and turn to Rhian."Really? Others said that its trash."

Shocked, Rhian kneeled in front of the young girl. "Did Glaiza told you that?"

"No, but my classmates did." Chloe said while looking down.

"Well, they're blind. They don't see your talent the way I do. Don't mind them, they're just jealous of you. And personally, I think, you're good. I mean for a six year-old girl-"

"I'm seven."

"Right, my bad. For a seven year-old girl, you surely could draw like a cartoonist. I mean I couldn't even draw a perfect circle." Rhian smiled when she made Chloe giggled.

"So don't let those bad classmates get to you, okay?" Chloe smiled shyly then nodded.

Rhian looked again at the drawing. "This is really a good drawing. I assume that this is your dog and you as a vampire." Rhian said as she pointed at the two characters.

"Nooo, that's Jake..." Chloe pointed at the yellow dog then at the pale-faced vampire... "and Marceline, from the Adventure Time."

Rhian look back at her with a confused look. "Wait, what? I don't think I've seen that movie before."

"You don't know Adventure Time?! Its the most amazing cartoon ever! And its in series of episodes, which make it all the more cooler! You need to watch it!" Rhian smiled at Chloe's enthusiasm which grabbed her hand and made her sat in front of a television while the latter rummaged through a plastic container containing numerous cd's.

Before Chloe could put the cd on, Glaiza poked her head inside and her eyes instantly land on Rhian. "Oh there you are! For a second there I thought you went home by yourself. Well, lets go."

"Wait, you're leaving? Already? But you didn't even watch at least one episode of Adventure Time." Chloe said as she grab the hem of Rhian's shirt.

Rhian smiled softly and kneeled in front of the girl. "Next time I visit you here, we'll watch Adventure Time. Probably the whole day, if you want. Sounds good?"

"Promise?" Chloe held out her pinky finger with a pouty face.

"Promise." Rhian smiled as she linked her pinky finger with Chloe's.

After some goodbye's, Rhian and Glaiza went outside and hail a trycicle.

"Woah, woah, woah, you didn't say anything about getting into this... thing." Rhian said as she pointed to the trycicle, to which the trycicle driver scowled.

"Are you getting in or not?" The driver asked.

"Yes we're getting on. Hold on." Glaiza answered then turn to Rhian. "Why, what's wrong with this?"

"Well, for starters, its an open transportation which means smokes and dusts will most likely hit my face. Second, the machine is very annoying and noisy. When you said you'd accompany me, I though we'd be riding a more decent vehicle, you know like a taxi or something, not something like this."

Fed up with the insults that were indirectly throwing at him, the driver was about to abandon them but was yet again stopped by Glaiza.

"Look, we don't really have a choice. Taxis don't usually pass by here. Now come on." Glaiza reasoned out.

"No, and you can't make me. I'd rather walk all the way to my house than-" Glaiza cut her off when she grab Rhian's arm, which earned a yelp of surprise from the latter and was pushed inside the trycicle.

Before Rhian could protest, a hankerchief was tossed to her, to which Glaiza said, " Use that to block the smoke."

With a glare, Rhian reluctantly put the hankerchief to her nose, and with that they took off. Throughout the ride, Glaiza and the driver was in a hearty conversation about the current president and how he differ from the past presidents. Rhian didn't particularly participate to this talk, because not only does it not interest her, but also it also annoys her, with their high voices caused by the noisy machine.

After what seems to be forever, Rhian could finally see her house, but immediately furrowed her eyebrows when she saw two police car parked in front. Rhian halt the trycicle driver and ran off to their house, to which Glaiza quickly payed the driver and followed Rhian.

Rhian spotted their gardener tending to a well-trimmed bush and questioned her what was happening. "Oh Ms. Rhian, everyone was looking for you when you didn't came home yesterday! Now your parents have contacted the police for your search."

Rhian went inside and saw everyone in panic and distress. Her mother was crying in her hands while her two friends , Julie-Anne and Josh was comforting her. Her father and her younger brother, Sam, were talking to two police officers while one of them took notes. Her cousin, Lovi was pacing back and forth through the living room, while Dennis tried to calm the tan girl. Even Jason, her suitor which her father had picked was there speaking to someone from his phone.

"Hey, everyone." Rhian speaked to which everyone turn their gaze at her. Before she could explain herself, she was immediately engulf in a biggest hug she had ever felt.

"Where the hell have you been?!"

"Honey, we've been worried sick about you!"

"Why didn't you answer your phone?!"

"I thought something bad has happened to you!"

Were only some of the things Rhian heard as she was squished in a hug from her family and friends. Before she could suffocate more, she manage to pull away from them.

"Guys, guys, I'm fine, really. I wasn't hurt or anything, if that's what your concern is about. I wasn't able to come home because my phone died yesterday and wasn't able to phone my driver, plus it was raining so hard. Luckily-"

Before Rhian could finish her explanation, she heard her name being called by Glaiza.

"You! I don't know why you followed Rhian here, but I'm certain that you're the reason why Rhian was missing yesterday! I mean its so obvious! You're the only person who hates Rhian and has constant arguments with her! You probably created a diversion to prevent Rhian from coming home!" Glaiza was shocked and taken aback when she was pushed on the wall and tightly grips her shirt's collar as Jason stared at her with rage. Dennis and Sam managed to pull him away from her while Rhian pulled Glaiza towards her. But Jason was still blaming things at Glaiza while he struggles free from the two boys.

"Jason, stop! What the fuck is wrong with you?! This is not Glaiza's fault! She's actually the one who saved me from being stuck in the outside rain! Alright?! So stop accusing her!" Rhian defended.

"ENOUGH! Dennis, Sam, take Jason to the backyard and calm him down." Mr. Ramos ordered as the two boys drag Jason away. By now, the two police officers went on their way since they wouldn't be needing their service and also to not be caught in a couple's fight.

"Oh Glaiza dear! I'm sorry for how Jason has reacted." Mrs. Ramos said when Rhian led the still stunned Glaiza to the couch.

"Yeah, he's not really like that. He was just worried about Rhian." Rhian's father added.

"Its okay, I understand." Glaiza said.

"Wait, what actually happened yesterday?" Julie-Anne asked because she was still confuse.

Rhian then retell all of yesterday's happenings, starting from accompanying her father to work all the way to Glaiza accompanying her to go home. After that, Glaiza decided to head home.

"I wish you could stay for a little longer, but we too, have an important lunch to have." Mr. Ramos stated

"Perhaps some other time, then." Glaiza said as she stood up.

"Oh please do, dear! I'm sorry that our reunion has to be like this, but I'm very glad to see you again Glaiza. Do visit us more often, okay? I haven't heard from you since the day you left for US." Mrs. Ramos said to which Glaiza only nodded. Even if she wants to, she's not sure if Rhian and her were back to being bestfriends to the point that she could come back again. She only know that they were on good terms right now.

Rhian accompanied Glaiza outside and offered her driver to drive her back to her house, but Glaiza politely declined.

"Its the least I could do, considering that you took me into your home even though we're... you know." Rhian said

"Defending me from Jason's accusation was enough for me. Plus, I've seen trycicles pass by here so its not really hard to find one. Thank you for the offer, though." Glaiza responded.

"Alright then. Oh! I almost forgot, now that we're good, can we work on that project we have, you know, like together? The result wouldn't come out good if we both did something without knowing or consulting the other's opinion."

"Yeah, sure. What time do you want me to come over?"

"Is 1 pm okay with you?"

"Sounds good."

"Alright, well... um... be safe." Rhian said not knowing what to actually say.

Glaiza smiled. "Goodbye, Rhian."

After that, Rhian head inside. She excused herself from everyone and decided to take a quick nap to her room.

When she woke up, she could instantly smell the food and found everyone on the dining table, where everything was set. Jason stood up and approach Rhian, taking her right hand.

"Rhian, I'm so sorry for how I've reacted. But you know why I had to do that." Jason said softly.

"Whatever, lets just eat." Rhian took her hand out and went to sit beside Lovi. Jason sighed heavily and also went back to his seat.

After a few minutes, all of them were engaged in an active conversation until they came across the Ramos' business.

"So how's the business going, Sir?" Dennis asked Mr. Ramos.

"Yeah, I've heard that you're still at the top of your game. If I'm not mistaken, you and..." Josh nudge at Jason who was beside him. " Jason's father are neck and neck in reaching the highest peak of your field." Josh says.

Rhian's father smiled. "Oh yes, the media have been crazy about it. But that "competition", as they say, would come to an end."

"What? Why? Have they figured out who really is on the top?" Lovi asked after she took a sip from her orange juice.

"Its you isn't it? No offense, Jason." Julie-Anne said to which Jason replied, "None taken."

Mr. Ramos laughed. "Actually no, but me and Jason's father had been talking about merging our company together."

Rhian's friends gasped in awe and nagged Mr. Ramos to tell them how it happened to which the latter happily obliged. Rhian on the other hand, wasn't particularly listening and was instead continued eating her food silently, her mind blank. But she was instantly brought back to her sense, when her father said something that made her choke on her food.

She coughed while Julie-Anne rubbed her back and drank the water Lovi offered. Finally Rhian gave a deep sigh and asked, "I'm sorry father, but can you repeat what you just said?"

"Well, since we're combining mine and Jason's company together, your father..." He looked at Jason then back at his daughter. "and I thought that, why not the two of you tie the knot already? You and Jason possess a mind and skills of a business person. Plus, you two are a good match together."

"Hold up, are you saying that... Jason and I are to be married?" Rhian said

"Precisely. See? She catches my drift." Mr. Ramos said to her wife then back at Rhian. "We planned to announce it to the media together with the "merging two companies" part which will happen in two days from now. So it'll be like hitting two birds with one stone."

Rhian stared at her father with an incredoulous look. "What made you think that I'm okay with this?"

Her father paused. "Wait, you don't agree?"

"Of course not! Father, its ridiculous! Do you know why? Because first of all, you didn't think of consulting me on this, second, I'm too young to handle a business-"

"Personally, I think you're old enough to know the basics. Plus, I'm always here to guide you through."

Rhian narrowed her eyes at her father for cutting off. "I'm not finish. How can I even marry at also a young age? Not to mention, to a guy who I don't even like."

"Rhian, I'm not getting any younger and there's no telling when I die. But one thing is sure, I want to see you settling down and having kids before I dissapear. Besides, Jason here is a great guy, I'm sure as time pass by, you two will hit it off."

"I do not accept this! This fixed marriage is bullshit! I'm perfectly capable of making my own decisions! And I would not let you control my future, father! Certainly not from a selfish man like you!" Rhian was now practically seething.

A loud gasp from Mrs. Ramos was heard. "Rhian Denise Ramos!"

Mr. Ramos immediately stand up. "YOU WILL NOT RAISE YOUR VOICE AT ME, YOUNG LADY! This is happening whether you like it or not!"

Rhian stood up, her chair giving a loud screech and ran up to her room, her tears threatening to fall down. Just as her bedroom closes, she break down. She don't understand why her father had to do it. Why he could just boss her around.

This is so messed up.

Why does he have to be like that?

Why?

Why is life so unfair?

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

189 3 8
You would think being the newest Alpha Queen, Rhiannon would have a beautiful life. But, she finds herself longing and heartbroken for things she may...
10.2K 1.4K 49
One inexperienced introverted girl, an appealing rich daredevil, one domineering sultry blonde, a bully, the psychopath and the gregarious best frien...
484K 18.8K 66
• Rhea just finished her first year of college, but with a strained relationship with her parents... she has no home to come back to during summer br...
921K 15.7K 29
FALLING FOR YOU WILL BE PUBLISHED 23rd JULY 2023. Cristina "Cris" Vasiliev had everything she ever wanted: amazing parents, kind friends, a hot footb...