The Z Virus: Outbreak

By Kezi_stories

A Zombie virus has spread across the globe, A group of friends travel to Katelyn's rich parents mansion and... More

Chapter 1, The Beginning Of The End
Chapter 2, Crash & Fall
Chapter 3, Off To The Country
Chapter 4, Together at Last
Authors Note
Chapter 5, Don't be a Stranger
Chapter 6, 3 Hot Men
Chapter 7, Watch out
Chapter 8, We meet again
Chapter 9, The Four Seasons
Authors note
Chapter 10, Leap of Faith
Chapter 11, Marry Me
Chapter 12, Again and Again
Chapter 13, Choose
Chapter 14, It's Time
Chapter 15, Rest easy
Chapter 16, No time to waste
Chapter 17, This isn't real...
Chapter 18, They're coming
Chapter 19, Open Eye's
Chapter 20, Last Breath
Chapter 21, One Last Kiss
Chapter 22, Zombie Killer 13
Chapter 23, Her and I
Chapter 24, Lucy
Chapter 25, Deers Run, Snakes Bite
Chapter 26, Take it slow
Chapter 27, Dear Diary
Chapter 28, Danger Keep Out
Authors Note!
Chapter 29, Watch your back
Chapter 31, Life Vs Death
Chapter 32, A Christmas Special
Chapter 33, Forever
Chapter 34, Ready, Set, Run
Chapter 35, Flash to the Past
Chapter 36, Save the World I
Chapter 37. Save the World II
Chapter 38, I do
Chapter 39, Lights, Camera & Action
Chapter 40, The Big Bang

Chapter 30, Stay with me

47 7 1
By Kezi_stories

Felicity's POV

I can't breathe. I can't speak. Everything is dark. We drove so fast I think we broke the record beating a cheater, Josh can't die on me. He won't talk or open his eyes, he's scaring me. We park right in front of the hospital and clear the perimeter of the 2nd floor so we can carry Josh to a hospital bed and try wake him.

"Josh, Josh I'm right here. Please don't die on me. You can't leave me." I say whispering. Tears creep out of my tear ducts. Dezi comes and hugs me. I hold her tight, I won't squeeze her as hard because it could hurt her. My tears drench her dress, but she doesn't care.

"Ok Taylor and I will take care of this, we don't have that much time but I'm sure we'll make it." Jess says looking for more equipment.

The hospital didn't change. The only level that got messed up is the bottom floor, it's completely deserted. Thank gosh. Dezi and I leave the room. All the girls huddle around me. I couldn't be more grateful to have these girls, their my sisters. Besides all my brothers these girls are like family. The guys have gone to make sure the rest of the hospital is clear. We can't have any more interuptions.

Taylor opens the door and tells me to come in. I see the virus spreading through his veins, a cold breeze goes down my spine. "Wha-What do we do? We can't kill him, please he hasn't turned. I need him." I cry.

"We have 2 options. One we kill him right here right now, or we...chop his hand off." Jess said trying to avoid eye contact with me. I don't take that long to answer.

"Chop it, just chop it. He's not dying on me, chop it." I say angrily. I don't care that he'll lose a hand, we can replace it with a hook, or some sort of other hand were not wasting his life. Losing his hand is the only option, I just hope he forgives me for it. 

"Ok, we'll get the saw." Taylor says pulling the saw out. Jesus why is there a saw in a fucking hospital?!

"Do you want to stay?" Jess asks me as she puts the mask over her mouth. I nod. 

They make sure Josh is still asleep and start numbing his arm. They start to slice his wrist and I see a shit ton of blood come pouring out. I turn around and take deep breaths. I keep thinking, Josh will live he's gonna be alright. He's just losing a hand. Omg I can hear how wrong that sounds. I can hear him silently scream inside. He's waking up, but their still removing his hand!

Mia's POV

We arrive at the hospital and it's completely deserted. Not a zombie, human, or living thing in sight. Everything is either dead or destroyed on the bottom floor, the only thing that is the least bit alive is us. But even I'm beginning to think that I'm not gonna make it through all of this, at this point in time.

Before all of this madness, at the mansion, everything seemed bad and nerve racking but since we've left everything has just gone to a whole new level of crazy. I don't know how far we are willing to go. Who knows if were the last hope of human kind. It's still worth a try even at the biggest risk.

We take Josh up to the surgery room and Taylor explains the news that Josh either has to die or his hand has to be amputated. Felicity wastes no time with her decision and aggressively agrees to the amputation. I can't bear this I'm going crazy and it seems that things are just getting worse by the second.

I make my way out of the room and find an empty examination room. I walk in and shut the door. I see a pillow and doona with a mattress on the ground. I grow worried. I slowly and dead silently creep closer towards it. So much is going through my mind at this moment. Is someone sleeping here? Why would there be an unmade bed on the ground? Why is there a lump in the bed!? And why the fuck is the lump moving?!

I scoot closer and grab the nearest object to me. A syringe. I edge closer and closer towards the bed. I remove my hand from my waist and steadily hover over the bed. It seems to be fresh. I place my hand on the edge of the doona cover. I silently count to three in my mind. 1. 2. 3. I rip the doona cover away from the mattress and sheet. Only to reveal a long pillow. I jump on the pillow to make sure nobody is hiding in there, just to be sure.

I sigh and sit in an uncomfortable hospital chair. I put my face in my cupped hands and groan. Something makes a small shuffling noise. My head shoots up and I look around the area. Dust falls down from the wooden beams on the roof. I feel eyes on me.

Damon's POV

I wonder what goes on in this world these days. Zombies, zombie- humans, hot chicks. That one hottie that especially catches my eye. Mia. Her flowing fawn hair, her hazel eyes. Her soft luscious pink lips. The way her nose curves. Perfection, and here I thought vampires were perfect.

Normally I would be tempted to attack and suck dry a beautiful girl like her. Even though I've gone human-vegan. But she, she is just the most graceful thing on this earth, beauty at its finest. She never gives up and is determaned to save these people, her friends. Who knew a human could be capable of so much kindness. 

In all of the years I've been alive I've never seen such a breath taking human. She is special. I have felt like sleeping all of my life, but never had a chance too. Even though vampires don't need sleep they still can. I walk into an empty room. I dig through the storage cupboards in search of a mattress and sheets, I end up finding some sleeping equipment and begin making my way to the back of the room.

I throw my stuff on the floor and make my bed. I climb into the bed, fully clothed. I shut my eyes and lay still. My chest not rising, because I'm dead. I hear the door handle rattle and immediately rush to the wooden beams on the roof. I'm quite annoyed that I can't get even five minutes to myself. But when I see who it is my heart warms.

The goddess herself walks into the room. The mood in the room changes heat bubbles around in my body. She seems scared by the made bed in the room. She grabs a syringe and walks over to the bed. I watch as she rips the doona cover away from the mattress. Her tense muscles relax after she's done this. She slowly walks into a chair in the corner of the room. She places her hands in her palms. She groans. I find that really sexy. 

I lick my lips and bite my bottom one. She turns me on. I shuffle on the roof, I think it was too loud because she removes her face from her hands and darts her head around the room, scanning the area. I shuffle a little bit more, quieter this time. I place my hand on a patch of dust, causing it to fall off of the bean and onto the floor. Mia is standing directly beneath me. There's nowhere to go. She slowly tilts her head up, the syringe tightly gripped in her hand.

She tilts her head all the way back and I see her lips part, our eyes connect, a spark fills the room. I hang upside down. "What are you doing, you scared the shit out of me!" She says smiling.

"Admiring beauty at its finest," I tell her. Her cheeks flush pink.

"Well it's fair to say that I'm flattered, but I have a boyfriend, sorry I can't give you what you want." She says with a brilliant glimmer in her eye.

"But I can give you what he can't," I say "Let's call it.. friends with benefits type of thing?" I tell her smirking, this conversation is turning me on. I can tell it's turning her on too.

I glide down from the roof and stand close to her, our bodies inches apart, our eyes deeply connected, our lips so close yet so difficult to break.

 "So what do you say? Friends with benefits?" I say whispering. Her breathing increases. She looks me in the eyes. Her smooth hands pull my face towards hers and our lips connect. We create an atmosphere with danger and excitement. I slide my hand against her thigh, she places her hand on mine and continues sliding my hand up her's.

Things grow dangerous and I can see what's going to happen, things get rougher. I hold her against the wall. Her hands around my neck and her legs around my waist. I adjust my arms to make her comfortable. She's as light as a feather, even though I'm super strong thanks to my vampire perks she is still almost invisible. My goddess. She aggressively tugs my shirt over my head and gently but powerfully grabs my face in her hands and kisses my lips, slowly going further down my neck. She kisses my shoulder and I can't stand it.

I lay her down gently on the bed. "Let's play!" She says smirking while looking deep into my eyes. This woman is the one.

Katelyn's POV

Poor Feli, she's been in the emergency room for over and hour. Mia's not picking up her phone and Elijah and Ethan are off searching the Hospital. Taylor And Jess better know what their doing. I wait in the corridor breaking my nails when Dezi comes to me. She looks more human now which is good, but still a bit of a zombie.

"We need to talk." She says pulling my arm and taking me to a room where I think elders came to relax. "What's up?" I say lying back on a chair.

"Ok so this is pretty big news but it's such a shit time to say this." Dezi said walking up and down. She has been acting strange lately, she's been taking a lot of bathroom breaks and she's getting...larger? I have no idea. She's definitely not on her period I'm pretty sure. Wait, lots of bathroom breaks, feeling sick. 

Omg.

"I'm pregnant!" Dezi shouts. Oh wow. I knew it! But this is so weird, she's a zombie but she's also a human. This is like a new discovery of the human body or something. 

"That's amazing! Tell me everything I need to know, EVERYTHING!" I say getting up and showing that she has my full attention.

"Ok so the beginning, when we had that day off me and Henry went to the Lavender garden and ya know, and then that night I vomited which is weird since I haven't vomited in ages. Then I searched the house to find a pregnancy test just in case. I found one in the old bedroom then it was positive. I've been pregnant for almost a week and I think I'm going into labour soon." As she finished I start to think.

She might be onto something. Zombies move around a lot and Dezi has been fighting zombies and had been attacked and almost died multiple times. This is speeding up her pregnancy instead of nine months it's turning into nine days!

"Wow that's a lot, I'm really happy for you. What did Henry say?"

"I haven't told him.." she whispers. "Why not! He'd be thrilled." I say. She looks up and wipes away a few tears.

"I'm scared Katelyn, so much stuff is going on I'm scared he won't want them." Woah wait did she just say them? "Them!" I yell. "Yes, their twins one boy one girl. I gave myself an ultrasound earlier, when nobody was around." She says calmly.

"Dezi, Henry will be so happy he will protect you and them till the day you die. He loves you and will love them just as much as he loves you." I say holding her hands. Friendship goals!

"Fine I'll tell him when I find time." Dezi says squeezing my hands.

"Good." I say hugging her. I'm proud of her, I can't believe this is actually happening.

Henry's POV

Dezi has been acting a little different lately. I don't know what's up with her but she seems to be hiding something important. I feel bad for Josh, poor guy, he's been through so much, I saw the black liquid go through his veins and that made me feel sick. I'm just glad that it wasn't my beautiful woman. 

I'm searching around the hospital for supplies and anything that may come in handy. I'm in the desk area, all that's here are maternity papers and information about different diseases. 

"Chlamydia, Blue waffles, measles, hepatitis" I read out loud. Basically just sexually transmitted diseases. Wait, I see something named 'Operation Z.' I grab the file out of the cabinet and begin sliding through the photos of the virus's effects. It's the same as Josh's. All of these photos have similarities, the black infection through the veins. I read through the lists of cures. There are none, just some drugs that delay the virus and hold it for a while but it's not permanently.

I take the report and head to the gift shop. I've reached the gift shop and all that's around are baby gallons, teddy bears, and chocolate. I decide to get Dezi a teddy bear and some chocolate, which is surprisingly still in its due date. I head into the cafe and find some coffee beans sachets and a working coffee machine.

 I used to be a barista so I know how to make coffee. I'm going to do everyone the favour of enjoying a nice big coffee. I know Dezi loves an espresso so I make hers first with some milk that's expiration date expires tomorrow. Lucky. I'm working my way around the kitchen. I've made 4 coffee's so far. Ethan and Elijah walk into the cafe.

"Wow Hen, you really have a way with coffee!" Elijah says with surprise in his voice.

"Haha, thanks bro, it's my barista skills, I was always John's favourite employee," I reply winking. 

He laughs and shakes his head. I finish up making the coffee, Elijah and Ethan sit together at a table with a checklist of all of the things that they were sent to get. I pass them their coffee and head back to the table to grab the rest in the coffee trays. "Wow, no wonder why you were the favourite employee!" Ethan says as he moans at the taste of my coffee.

"Haha, thanks man, hey can you help me carry some of these down?" I ask him. He nods and grabs a tray, Elijah grabs one too and we head back towards the surgery room.

Josh's POV

I slowly open my eyes, I struggle to move my body as much but I turn my head and see Felicity holding my other hand. Ahh god I can't feel my left. I turn and see a stump where my hand used to be. Everything's coming back now! A zombie bit my hand and I was on my way to the hospital. Jesus Christ they actually chopped off my hand.

"Oh thank the angels your awake!" Felicity says as she pushes her lips against mine.

"I remember everything, where the hell is my other hand?!" I say getting up. "Relax relax, it's been burnt, if it spread we would of all turned." She says still holding my hand.

"Fair, so what I'm captain hook now?" I say with a smirk on my face. "Your a sexy captain hook." She smiles back. Everyone comes in and sees that I'm awake. 

They all hug me and tell me if I've missed anything. Dezi told Henry she's pregnant! Now everyone knows, it's an amazing discovery I'm really happy for them. Let's just hope she doesn't give birth while we're looking for the airplane.

"Now That everything is cleared, Josh we're gonna stay the night here, we'll stay in this room till morning. Everyone will take a shift every hour sound good?" Jess says standing in front of everyone. Everyone nods. 

"Ok good, now Elijah and Katelyn go get food and supply as much water as you can, Ethan go find Mia and Damon before sunset. Dezi sit down and relax, don't stress it's bad for the babies. Henry stay with her and Feli stay with josh. Taylor and I will take the first watch."

Omg guys! This was an eventful chapter but it was a goodie! I can't believe this many of you have supported us throughout this story. Don't worry the story isn't ending here haha, still 20 more chapters to come! Also we won't be posting for a while because I'm going on a boot camp for 9 days and then It'll be Christmas so I'll see you guys in the next chapter which will be in the new year. Have a happy Christmas everyone!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

101K 3.4K 21
In a world where a virus has spread that causes people to turn into flesh-eaters, you have lived being a zombie killer. You stopped having feelings a...
10 3 19
In the aftermath of a cataclysmic global nuclear war, the world lay in ruins, its survivors grappling with the dual threats of hunger and radiation...
73.5K 5.5K 43
*If you have not read no. 1, this will still be readable, you don't have to, but character backgrounds will be more understood. 1st novel's name is V...
86K 11.8K 59
When a mysterious and deadly virus sweeps across Europe, infecting millions, Hailey Rivera is plunged into a world of chaos. In the midst of her conf...