Feeling of Glory -Sword and S...

By ZelTheWeavile

"When the time of the Darkest Day has come, Two Trainers will arrive and take the throne. One of great stren... More

Chapter 1- New Beginnings
Chapter 2- Unforseen Danger
Chapter 3- New Partner
Chapter 4- Endorsement . . . ?
Chapter 5- Wild Area
Chapter 7- Gym Leaders
Chapter 8- Worst Enemies
Chapter 9- Fourth-Time Impressions
Chapter 10- Rolling Sheep
Chapter 11- Grass Battle
Chapter 12- Training
Chapter 13- Water Battle
Chapter 14- Egg
Chapter 15- Penny
Chapter 16- Fire Battle
Chapter 17- Visions
Chapter 18- Sand
Chapter 19- Winning Failures
Christmas Special- 2019
Special Chapter 1- Rose Magnolia
Special Chapter 2- Kabu

Chapter 6- New Faces

1.7K 47 350
By ZelTheWeavile

(Beddddeeee!!!! Marniiiieeeee!!!)

Gloria wobbled a bit as they were sent up to the top of a cliff. If it wasn't for Hop, she most definitely would've fallen. Victor, however,  seemed unfazed by it all.

While they had been walking into the city, Victor and Gloria had had a brief conversation about themselves.

Apparently, Victor was seventeen— two years older than Gloria and Hop— and had no family. He was saved by Professor Magnolia when she gave him Brook and a Pokédex. Finally he had something to look forward to, he had told Gloria. "Completing the 'Dex is now my number one goal."

They were currently in Motostoke. The beautiful, industrialized city was much bigger than any Gloria had ever seen. A mixture of old and new shops dotted the sides of the streets, though nearly all of them were closed, due to how late it was.

In the heart of the city, there was a steep cliff, which also happened to be where their destination was located. There was an old machine built into the side of the cliff, and by twisting a few gears, it lifted up a metal platform up harshly to the top. For someone like Gloria who hadn't expected the sudden movement, the action was enough to make her a bit unsteady.

"You okay?" Victor's voice met her ears, bringing her back to the present. His face seemed full of concern for her wellbeing.

"Yes, I'm fine," Gloria said to him. She found her footing and walked past Hop to go to the brunette.

Victor smiled at the girl as she joined him. "Tired?" He asked as he noticed her slow steps and sleepy eyes.

"Huh?" She blinked and turned her head toward him. "Oh, yeah. A bit."

Victor chuckled. "Well, stay awake for a little longer, because we still need to check in for the Gym Challenge. Afterwards, you can go to the Budew Inn and rest up for as long as you want."

Gloria nodded and glanced at a tall hotel to the left. "You sure know a lot about everything."

Victor shrugged. "Let's just say that I have been looking forward to this for a long time." His words were smooth, relaxing, even, and Gloria found herself staring into nothingness as Victor entered a building.

"Gloria." Hop caught up to her and glanced down.

"What's wrong?" Gloria knew exactly when her best friend was feeling upset about something.

Hop opened his mouth like he wanted to say whatever it was that was bothering him, but stopped just before he could. "It's nothing. Come on."

Gloria felt a frown make its way onto her face. Why was Hop acting so strange? She followed him into the building.

The inside was huge. Brick made up the walls and a few pillars in the middle of the room. Big banners drifted down from the ceiling to only a few feet off of the floor. A red fire-patterned carpet covered the ground. At the far end of the room, there was a table with a man sitting beside it, looking exhausted. Behind him was a wall of gray glass.

"Gloria! Hop!" Victor waved to them as they entered. Gloria smiled and sped to meet him. "We just need to check in here. It really should only take a few minutes."

"Right," Gloria replied, glancing around at the empty place. "I guess everyone else is asleep, huh?"

Victor nodded at her before turning to the man behind the counter. "My name's Victor Sword. . ." He proceeded to tell him his birthday and hometown, Turffield, as well as other information. He winked and patted Gloria's back when he was finished. "Go on."

Gloria nodded and looked at the man, typing into a computer. "I'm Gloria. G-Gloria Shield. My birthday is on February 27," Victor perked up, "and I'm from Postwick."

"You seem a lot more mature than others your age," Victor told her as Hop signed himself up. He led her a bit farther away from the Champion's brother.

"Yeah. . ." Gloria yawned quietly, the day's activities coming back all at once.

Victor smiled warmly, glancing down at her hand for a second. "Why don't you and I head over to the Budew Inn next door and get us each our own room, now that we're signed up?"

"Thanks, but I'm going to wait for Hop. You can go on there, though." She gave him a small smile. "It's not like we're Leon, so we're not going to get lost."

Victor hesitated before nodding. "Alright, then. See you later."

Gloria waved. "Bye."

Hop joined her right as Victor exited the building. "Where'd that guy go?" He looked around.

"Victor? He just left." Gloria said to him, yawning again. "He wanted me to go with him, but I said I'd wait for you."

Hop's eyes widened slightly. "Gloria."

"Hmm?" She looked at him, tired.

"Stay away from Victor."

"Huh?" Gloria frowned. "Why? He's really nice. You two would get along—"

"Gloria." She flinched as he spoke her name. He grabbed her hands desperately and looked into her eyes. "Please. I can sense that there's something. . . not right with him. So, please, Gloria. I'm saying this because I care about you.  You're my. . ." He hesitated. "You're my best friend, and I don't want anything to happen to you."

"Quit being so paranoid," she muttered. "You've only just met him, and you're acting like he's trying to kill me."

Hop stepped back and blinked at her, surprised that she was defending Victor. "Let's just head over to Budew Inn. I don't want to sit here any longer." He looked away from her.

"Right. . ." Gloria started going to the doors to leave. Hop walked right beside her, glancing at his friend every few seconds.

All of their happiness and fun from their time in the Wild Area, from their entire time being together, vanished as they exited the building. In silence, they walked to Budew Inn and went to their rooms for the night.

⚔️ 🛡

The following day, Gloria went with Hop back to the building they had gone to the previous night. Apparently, it also doubled as the Fire-Type Gym, Motostoke Stadium.

Gloria went inside, and immediately froze at the sight. People were everywhere in the huge entrance room. She stepped inside, glancing around herself slowly as she took in the new environment. Teens her age were all around the area, with a few younger kids added in various places.

"Excuse me," she asked somebody after a few moments, putting her hand on his pink-sleeved shoulder. He simply huffed, as if annoyed that she had asked for help.

"Go bother someone else. I have no time for annoying children like yourself." He didn't even so much as glance in her direction, and instead walked away.

"Rude. . ." Gloria growled softly, watching him leave.

She sighed and looked around for Hop, only to find him sitting down at one of the chairs along the wall. She noticed a girl standing near him, talking quietly to him. Gloria blinked and made her way to the two of them.

". . . An' tomorrow, they're gonna officially start the Gym Challenge, with all o' us finally bein' able ta meet the Leaders," the girl was speaking softly to Hop.

Gloria smiled softly at Hop, which he returned. The other girl froze as she noticed Gloria standing beside her, and quickly stuttered out, "H-hi, I'm M-Marnie." She had pale skin and black hair, pulled into two pigtails. A few strands of hair covered her right eye, which was a light blue-green color. She was wearing a light pink dress, with a black leather jacket over it. Black, spiked boots covered her feet.

Gloria looked at her with a kind smile. Marnie certainly seemed like a really nice person, unlike. . . Unlike that rude person dressed in pink. Her smile faded as her mind flashed back to him. Was is really that necessary to be so rude?

"Gloria, are you okay?" Hop asked her, sounding quite concerned. "It's Victor, isn't it? Where is he, I'll—"

"Hop, relax. Victor isn't even here right now, so there's no need to worry." She sighed before adding more quietly, "I still don't get why you have to be so mean when talking about him."

"Um," Marnie interjected softly. Hop and Gloria looked to her, the former biting his lip as he realized she was still there.

"Sorry, Marnie. I didn't mean to ignore you," he said, glancing at Gloria.

"Shield, Gloria Shield, please come to the front to pick up your uniform." An announcer called the teen girl.

Gloria looked at Marnie, then at Hop. She noticed Marnie staring at her, shock replacing the shy look on her face. "I'll be back," she told them both before walking to the front desk.

"Gloria?" A man asked her, looking over a clipboard. Or at least, she thought he was looking at the clipboard; he had sunglasses on, so it was hard to tell where his eyes were looking.

"That's me," she told him, shifting slightly in anticipation. "Uh, why exactly did you call me?"

"You, along with everyone else here, are getting your uniform for the Gym Challenge," he said in a monotone voice. "Please head to the back here to get your uniform."

"Okay. . ." Gloria cleared her throat and walked through the door he had motioned towards. She found herself in a small locker room-like place. Uniforms were folded up and down tables along the walls, all white and brand new. Gloria made her way over to the table, looking at the different sizes of the shirts and shorts.

"Looking for something?" A lady came over to Gloria.

"Uh, yeah," Gloria told her. "Are these the uniforms I'm supposed to be getting?"

The woman nodded. "Yes, they are. You just need to get one that fits you, and then bring it over to that corner to get your number printed." She pointed to a machine in the corner with a man nearby. "After that, go ahead and get changed over there for your photo." She then motioned to the opposite wall, which had about five changing rooms.

"Right, thanks," Gloria told her and lifted up a medium-sized shirt. She held it up to her chest and, after seeing that it would fit comfortably, she grabbed a matching pair of shorts and went to the corner with the machine.

"Number?" The man grumbled as she reached him.

"What?" Gloria was confused. When did she have a number?

"What number do ya want?"

"Um. . ." What should she say? What number could she— "Two twenty-seven," she found herself saying.

The man nodded and typed something into the machine before taking her shirt and placing it flat on the machine, back up. The top of it came down, pressing against the fabric. He lifted it back up after a few seconds and held she shirt up, revealing the numbers "227" on the back, in large print. He did the same thing with her gym shorts.

"Woah! Thanks!" Gloria said, taking her uniform back.

"Yeh," he muttered. "You're welcome."

Gloria then walked to the changing room area, her newly-numbered uniform in her arms.

A few moments later, she emerged from the room, her white uniform on. She was smiling as she went to get her picture taken.

That is, until she saw who was in front of her in line.

"Hey," she said, narrowing her eyes at the boy in front of her. "It was really rude what you said to me earlier."

The platinum-blonde male turned his head, his curly locks shifting slightly with the movement. Violet eyes locked with Gloria's brown ones, narrowing down as he looked at her. Ever so slowly, a smirk made its way onto his face. "Oh, it's you again. What part of 'go bother someone else' did you not understand?"

Gloria's eyes widened, shocked at what he said. "What?" Calm down, Gloria. He's just trying to annoy you. Don't let him get to you.

"You heard me." His arms crossed over his chest. "Or are you deaf?"

"I am not!" All common sense left Gloria, leaving her with nothing but anger and resentment. Everything in the locker room came to an abrupt halt as everyone turned to look at her. She could feel her face redden at all of the sudden attention.

The boy looked like he was trying to hold back a snicker. He leaned to whisper in her ear, "Fine, you may not be deaf, but you sure are oblivious."

Gloria opened her mouth to reply, fuming with annoyance. However, the teen simply stepped back and whipped his hair back with his hand, a smirk back on his face. "Honestly, I hope I never have to see you again— for my own sake, of course." He walked ahead to get his picture taken.

Gloria bit back a sharp reply, instead scowling as the light-haired teen looked smugly into the camera.

After a few moments, it was finally Gloria's turn for her Gym League photo. She took a step forward, only to be met harshly by the boy's shoulder as he passed her.

"Oi! Watch where you're going!" She wanted to yell at him, but held her tongue. She had gone through enough embarrassment today— and it was only the morning.

Gloria sighed before walking up to get her picture taken. From the corner of her eye, she could see the boy watching her, judging her.

Remember that he's doing this just to annoy you. Don't let him know that he got to you! With that thought in mind, she lifted her head high and gazed into the camera, relaxing her face and clearing her mind. She adjusted her hair before giving a huge smile.

Snap!

⚔️ 🛡

"Hey, Gloria! Over here!" Gloria exited the back room, only to be met by Hop waving for her to go to him. She took a breath and smiled before making her way over towards him.

With Hop was Marnie, holding a small yellow hamster Pokémon in her arms. Half of it was a dark black, and the other was brown.

"Hi, Gloria," Marnie greeted her softly, smiling a tiny bit.

Gloria returned her grin before looking back at Hop. "So, are you still waiting to be called for your uniform?" she asked him, tilting her head.

"Yeah," he replied, rubbing the back of his head.

"Heyer, Hop Heyer, please come to the front to get your uniform." Whispers followed the announcement.

"Heyer? Isn't that Leon's last name?" "Since when did Leon have a sibling?" "Is that Leon's brother? He looks so weak!"

Gloria clenched her fists at the last murmur; she wouldn't take any of that about her best friend. Luckily, Hop didn't seem to notice anything, and smiled at the two girls.

"I'll be back," he told them and left to get his uniform.

Marnie glanced sideways at Gloria and turned to walk away. "Hey, where are you going?" Gloria caught up to her and was now walking beside her. Marnie didn't say anything and instead sat down at one of the benches against the wall. Gloria took a seat next to her.

"Is there somethin' botherin' ya?" Marnie didn't even look up at the brunette, instead focusing to the small creature who was now in her lap.

"What do you mean?" Gloria frowned a tiny bit.

"Ya look like there's somethin' wrong," Marnie answered. "O' course, I'm not tellin' ya ta say what's goin' on, but it helps a lot ta talk 'bout it." She looked at Gloria.

Gloria blinked, her interaction with that platinum-haired boy still fresh on her mind. Should I tell her. . ? "So there's this guy or whatever that I saw today and—"

"'Ello, Gloria." Gloria jumped and spun her head around, seeing Victor sitting beside her. "You okay?"

"You startled me," she told him quietly and glanced back at Marnie. The quiet girl was looking at the newcomer with an unreadable expression. She looked back at Victor, only to find that his eyes had widened a little upon seeing Marnie.

"My name's Victor," he told her, reaching over Gloria to offer his hand to Marnie. "And you are. . ?"

"'M-Marnie," she whispered quietly, taking his hand gingerly and shaking it softly.

"Marnie!" Victor grinned. "Such a beautiful name for such a beautiful lady!" Gloria felt a frown come to her face, and she glanced at Marnie, only to see the girl gazing at her Pokémon, showing no interest in what Victor had just told her. He cleared his throat and tapped Gloria's Dynamax Band with his finger. "You know, Marnie, I'd love to see you again, and battle you too." He stood up and smiled warmly at Marnie. "So, just to make sure we're both even and all, I want to ask if you have a Dynamax Band yet." Gloria looked at the boy in confusion. Didn't he say that he didn't have one? Victor glanced at her and winked silently before looking back at Marnie. "You don't have to answer, of course, but I'm just curious."

"Y-Yes, I do have one," Marnie said quietly. "I'm still tryin' to work on getting better with it, though."

"Of course!" Victor laughed softly. "Well, if you ever need any help, feel free to let me know, and I'll help you out." He glanced sideways before jumping to his feet. "Marnie, Gloria, it has been a pleasure seeing you both here." He took their hands in his, causing Gloria's heart to beat a bit quicker. "I look forward to seeing you both again." He smiled at Marnie and winked at Gloria before stepping back and heading towards the door to leave.

"He seemed. . . nice?" Marnie commented once he had left. "Hop's really nice too, but he's a bit more. . . quiet than Victor? I don't really know how to describe it."

"I hear you," Gloria responded to her. "I know what you mean."

Marnie was silent for a few seconds before lifting her head to look at Gloria. "I'm not really all that familiar with guys and all, but do ya think he might've. . . liked me?"

The brunette blinked a few times, taken aback by the question. "I've known him longer," she half-lied. "And that's just his personality, so there's no real proof that he likes you."

Marnie furrowed her eyebrows in confusion and tilted her head. "Oh, kinda like ya and H—" She stopped talking as their purple-haired friend joined them, plopping down beside Gloria.

"Man, it's tough being the younger brother of the Champion." He sighed and glanced at Gloria. "People keep on asking me to give them Lee's phone number."

"I'm sure you can handle it," Gloria told him, patting his shoulder. She looked back at Marnie. Hop followed her gaze.

"Oh, I'm sorry! I came so suddenly and I didn't realize that you were talking and. . ." His voice died off, and he looked at her worried that she'll be mad at him.

However, no such expression crossed her face. Instead, she gazed downwards, a light pink dusting her cheeks. "It's nothin' important. Just forget everythin' I said."

"But," Gloria began, but Hop put his hand on her arm and shook his head.

"Hey, how about we all go now and get something to eat? Since we have our Gym uniforms and all. . ." He glanced at Marnie, then back at Gloria.

"I like that idea!" Gloria jumped to her feet right as her stomach began grumbling. A blush crossed her face in embarrassment. "Sorry. . ."

"You're fine." Hop grinned at her. "Marnie? Do you want to come too?" He must've noticed her shy face glancing up at him and Gloria every few seconds.

Her head shot up. "Really? Ya gonna let me come with ya?"

"Why wouldn't we?" Gloria answered.

"We're friends, aren't we?" Hop stood and extended his hand out to her.

"F-Friends?" Marnie echoed. She looked up at his smiling face before slowly reaching for his hand with her own. He pulled her off the seat and let go of her hand before looking at Gloria. "Ready?" He asked his childhood friend.

"I'm always ready!" she answered him, taking a few steps toward the door. "Now let's go!"

Marnie watched as the two of them ran out of the building, laughing at each other. She glanced down at her half-and-half monster in her arms, who was gazing up at her with a smile. Marnie blinked. "Y'know, Morpeko, maybe friends aren't so bad." She ignored her Morpeko's chirps and followed her two newfound friends out the door.

⚔️ 🛡

"Hop!" Gloria groaned as her purple-haired friend jogged ahead of her and Marnie. "Wait up, please!"

"Nah, I don't want to!" He called back, but did slow down to a simple walk. "I just want to get back to the hotel, so that I can get some rest and wake up early tomorrow to train!"

Gloria rolled her eyes and glanced at the quiet girl walking beside her. "So, what about you? Got anything cool about yourself?"

"M-Me?" Marnie glanced at her for a second before staring down at the ground. "Um, my name's Marnie Dusk. . . There isn't really anythin' cool about me, except that my brother's a Gym Leader." She smiled a little. "Y'know, he's the one who caught Morpeko fo'me, back when I wassa kid." Her rodent Pokémon, Morpeko, squeaked as she said her name.

"That's really cool!" Hop told her as they reached him. Marnie flinched slightly as he spoke, startled by his loud voice.

The shy raven head held her Morpeko tighter against herself, an embarrassed pink coloring her cheeks. "Y-Yeah, I guess. . ."

Hop laughed quietly. "Come on. How about we go ahead and to the hotel now?"

"Fine," Gloria said, looking at him.

Marnie nodded quietly, but froze as her black Rotom phone began to ring. She pulled it out and looked at Hop and Gloria, an apologetic expression on her face. "Sorry, but—"

"Don't worry about it!" Hop patted her shoulder. "See you later." Gloria smiled and waved a little at her. The girl nodded and turned around, placing the phone up to her ear.

Gloria nudged Hop, and the two of them continued back to the Budew Inn for the night. As they reached the top of the cliff (Gloria would never get used to that weird elevator-machine), they turned left and began to head over to the hotel.

However, as they entered the building, they saw the front desk clerk being surrounded by a group of strangely-dressed people.

The people all wore black and pink, with gray jackets and spikes to match. They all had bright pink spiked hair, and the same colored horns and fabric in their hands.

"Just come on, already! Give 'er the room she wants!" One of them was yelling.

The man behind the counter stepped back, throwing his arms up in defense. "I've told you before, but we have no available rooms left for her to move to."

"Then make room!" The other person shouted, slamming his hand down onto the desk.

"Hey! Stop that!" Gloria slammed her hand over her own mouth, shocked that she had been so vocal. She gulped as six pairs of eyes turned to her: Hop, the man who had been the victim, and the four people who were shouting at him. Her gaze met the man in black and pink, and she took a breath; she couldn't back down now.

"Oi, mate! Whaddya say? I didn't quite 'ere ya!" The man with the horn said, advancing towards Gloria.

"You heard me," she growled, lowering her voice. "Leave him alone." She held the man's gaze, acutely award of Hop tending beside her, prepared to fight with Nori and Kro if the need arose.

The man narrowed his eyes at the brunette, raising his hand up, ready to push her back.

"Ay, Tony, let the poor lass be," a woman with the same outfit told the one threatening Gloria. "Why don'tcha battle her in a Pokémon battle instead?"

Tony stared at Gloria, a smirk slowly making its way onto his face. "I like that idea. . ." Without warning, he threw out a black-and-white striped mammal, similar to Penny, only skinnier and longer.

"Linoone, use Bite!" Tony commanded. At once, the creature darted towards Gloria, its fangs shining as it charged up a Bite attack.

Desperate, Gloria threw out the first Pokémon she could find. Penny came out, only to be chomped down on immediately by her evolution's Bite. She winced but stayed standing. She shook out her pelt, letting a few drops of a crimson liquid fall to the ground.

"Penny, Tackle!" Penny cloaked herself in a white light and darted towards the Linoone, zipping this way and that. She rammed into the Pokémon from its side, and the force was enough to knock it back into a wall. Penny stood where the Pokémon had been, panting heavily, before glancing up at Gloria with a huge smile and her tongue hanging out to one side.

"Zig!" She barked, looking at Gloria for any sign of praise. Her ears drooped as she found nothing of the admiration she desired.

In fact, Gloria wasn't even looking at Penny; she was gazing at the Linoone, who had recovered from its trip into the wall, and was shaking its head.

"Li," it growled, low and menacing, as it glanced at its Trainer, Tony.

Tony nodded. "Night Slash!" He lifted his fist into the air, the horn in it.

The Linoone smirked evilly, before sprinting in the direction of Penny, a trail of black energy trailing behind all four of its claws as it ran.

"Penny, look out!" Gloria shouted, but it was no use; Penny wasn't even paying attention, and when she finally did look back at her opponent, she had a long, nasty scratch down her back. "Penny!" Gloria's voice was unusually high as she cried out for her injured Pokémon.

"Goon!" Penny barked, looking up at her a bit worried. She then looked back at the Linoone and ran, hitting it again with a Tackle, only this was a lot weaker than the one before. The Linoone slid back a few feet, tongue out at the thought of hurting this creature even more.

"Night Slash once more!" The Linoone needed only to take one step, its blackened claws raised over Penny's head, ready to deal the finishing blow.

"Hatenna, Moonblast!" Before anyone could react, a wave of pink energy slammed into the Linoone, fainting it in one hit.

Tony gaped at the sight of his fallen partner. "L-Linoone?" His words were full of disbelief. Then, he turned his head to see the stranger who had so suddenly come to Gloria's rescue and knocked out his Dark-Type.

The room was silent, and ever so slowly, Gloria dared herself to glance at her hero. Her hands unconsciously clenched into fists as she saw him.

The rude boy from earlier, who had made fun of her; who had embarrassed her— was standing with his back against the far wall. In front of him was a tiny pink Pokémon, with blue hair and a pink party cap. And she did not look happy.

Almost as if sensing Gloria's angry emotion, she charged at the girl with a loud "Hat!"

"Hatenna, return," her Trainer said cooly, pulling her back into a blue Great Ball. He turned his gaze over to Gloria, his amethyst eyes meeting her own. "If you want to battle someone stronger than yourself, the best way to go would be to send out a Pokémon that's at least decent at battling," he commented in his usual rude voice.

"I—" Gloria began, but stopped as she noticed Marnie walk into the hotel at that moment.

"Next time, I'd suggest using a Pokémon that at least has a chance at winning," the white-haired boy said before turning and retreating to his room without another word.

"M-Marnie!" The four uniformed people stepped back at the sight of her.

"I'm so sorry!" It was Tony who spoke. "This is all my fault, and I take full credit for it— please forgive me!"

"Go. All of ya." Marnie sounded tired. "And please don't be mean ta me or my friends."

"Of course!" Tony replied and ran out of the building with the others not far behind.

"Seems like you're popular," Hop muttered, looking at Marnie.

"Yeah, but Team Yell can also be annoyin' sometimes, too. Like, they. . ."

Gloria walked away from them, leaving them both to talk amongst themselves without her. Instead, she went over to the man the "Team Yell" weirdos were yelling at.

"You okay?" she asked, holding her hand out to him.

"Yes, thank you," he replied, standing up on his own. Gloria put her hand back to her side and nodded.

"Gloria! You getting some sleep or what?" Hop called for her from behind. She turned around, seeing him watching her. He looked like he was about to head to his room for the night.

"Yep!" Gloria jogged to him and walked up the stairs to the floor where their rooms were. Marnie was already in her room for the night.

"Good night, Gloria," Hop said as he reached his room. He smiled at his friend, but she didn't seem to notice. "Uh, hello? Earth-to-Gloria?" He waved his hand in front of her face.

"Huh- sorry!" Gloria hugged herself, embarrassed. "I was just thinking. . ."

Hop tilted his head. "If it's about that last fight or that mean guy, don't worry about it. You would've won that fight, with or without that guy's help."

"Thanks, Hop." She knew that he was trying to help, and was grateful for his compassion, but some things just can't be ignored. She leaned against him, surprising the purple-haired teen. He stiffened for a few seconds before wrapping his arms around her in a sort-of hug.

"I'm always here for you," he said quietly. "If you ever need me, I'll always be here."

Okay. Okay, okay. I know I said that I had this chapter done like two weeks ago, but I've had to edit a lot of it. And even still, I'm not satisfied with the end result. (UGHHHH!! Writing...!)

Anyway, to make up for all of those mistakes and all, I made this chapter a lot longer than usual (like, 2,000 words longer).

So, in this chapter, Gloria and Hop meet two new people- Marnie and Bede. I'm sure you've noticed that both of their personalities are a bit different than they are in the games (that's what you get for having an author write about games that she hasn't even played).

What do you think of their new personalities? Do you like them? Or do you prefer the original ones more?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

506 26 27
Leon Sparkfire, a trainer who had originated in Paldea, recently moved into Galar. He wasn't a fan of the area he had moved into. He hated the people...
11K 159 17
Quick Note: This story is not accurate in the Pokemon sword and shield plot... Some words will contain cringe or out of context sentence, Game Break...
2.2K 8 29
The Galar Region, a beautiful place where these creatures called Pokémon thrive. In the sea, in the air, on land, everywhere. People have co-existed...
65.9K 1.2K 31
(THIS BOOK IS OUTDATED AND OLD‼️) "I want to make people and pokémon equally stronger!" -Leon You are Y/N L/N, living in the Galar Region. Watching L...