PRESSURE

By Nova_Lynnnn

Sabian 'Sire the Don' Savage is in the prime of his career, as his music is reigning on the top of the charts... More

✨ Cast ✨
✨Chapter 1: The Don
✨ Chapter 2: Prancer
✨ Chapter 3: Move me
✨ Chapter 4: Family Feuds
✨ Chapter 5: Making Deals
✨Chapter 6: Man of the Night
✨Chapter 7: Control
✨Chapter 8: New friends, Same family
✨Chapter 9: The Benefits of Friends
✨ Chapter 11: In the Mix
✨Chapter 12: A Dangerous Game
✨Chapter 13: Mo' Problems
✨ Chapter 14: Soul Sisters
✨ Chapter 15: Diss-Appointments
✨Chapter 16: Family Business
✨ Chapter 17: Opportunties
✨ Chapter 18: Need to Know
✨ Chapter 19: On my own
✨Chapter 20: Me and You
✨Chapter 21: Trapped
✨ Chapter 22: Life is good
✨ Chapter 23: Three's Company
✨Chapter 24: Moving On.
✨ Chapter 25: Opening Night
✨Chapter 26: Changes
✨Chapter 27: All Hell Breaks Loose
✨Chapter 28: The Aftermath
✨Chapter 29: Leveling Up
✨Chapter 30: Grand Gestures And New Beginnings
✨Chapter 31: I'd Follow You Anywhere
✨Chapter 32: Family Ties
✨Chapter 33: Happily Ever After
✨Epilogue

✨Chapter 10: Damage Control

7.7K 667 119
By Nova_Lynnnn

"Alright, how do I look?" Sabian asked, running his hands over his outfit to make sure it was to his liking.

"You look good" Brittany smiled, "Just let me..."

She began to pick out a few pieces of lint that was stuck in his curls, next giving him one last once over as the producers began to call for Sabian.

"There. Now you look great."

"Thanks," Sabian nodded, "Let's get this over with."

"I told you about that mindset" Brittany slit her eyes at him, "When you bring negativity energy, negative things happen. Good vibes only babes."

Sabian's first instinct would be to flag Brittany off, but in this instance he figured maybe she was right. As much as he hated being on a PR tour - something that had to be done in the following months before any album drop - he knew it was a proven tactic to get the people talking.

Today was no different, as he was set to air on Rochelle Roy's talk show - a woman that was known to produce great interviews with celebrities due to the fact that she wasn't afraid to ask the questions that usually weren't allowed on daytime tv. Sabian was familiar with her show although he never personally watched it, so he definitely didn't know what to expect.

"You're right." Sabian agreed.

Brittany placed a kiss on his lips, and no matter how many times the two shared one it still threw him off. Mainly because Brittany had made it clear that she wasn't looking for a real relationship but wanted to profit off of being in one, leaving Sabian who couldn't help but wonder what could really be there if the two actually got to know each other.

He would be lying if he said he wasn't attracted to the bronze beauty - physically anyway, and he honestly wasn't sure if it was his head or his dick talking when he wanted more than just a kiss. Or it could be the simple fact that he was trying to distract himself from feeling anything about Tiffany. It had been a few weeks since the two talked about anything other than business - just the way she wanted it. He had no choice but to let the little relationship that they did have, go. Contract or not, he had no plans on being abstinent so if it wasn't Tiffany, he would definitely be entertaining a woman. He just wasn't sure which one.

"Aww you guys are so cute," Jamie, the producer cooed as she approached the couple, "Are you ready Sabian? We're back from commercial in thirty seconds."

Sabian nodded yes, following the woman to the stage. He took a deep breath to calm his nerves, as he still got nervous during interviews. He could already see the bright lights and live audience from the sideline, and said a silent prayer to not mess up in any way.

"Without further ado, let's welcome the one and only, Sire the Don."

Sabian stepped out - adjusting his eyes to the bright lighting of the large studio set. Every seat was filled as expected, along with a huge camera crew that he was sure was capturing him from every angle.

Don't mess this up.

The only words he could think of at the moment becoming a mantra in his head. Staring forward, he could see Rochelle standing to her feet to welcome him - the four inch kitten heels doing nothing for her height and also telling her age all in one. Sabian towered over the small woman, giving her a polite smile as she attempted to pull him into a welcoming hug.

"Wow, I think you sir are in the wrong field. You ever think about basketball?" she joked, reclaiming her seat followed up with the cross of her legs.

"When I was a kid," Sabian admitted with a chuckle, "Wasn't for me."

"Well if you ever decide to retire, you can come to my house and I'll pay you to reach the top shelf for me whenever I need it. Deal?"

The audience waved in laughter, as well as Sabian, "Deal."

Okay maybe I can do this, he thought to himself. It wasn't too bad, although no matter how many interviews he was forced to sit through he never learned to control his nerves or overthinking.

With Tiffany in his ear only made things worse, since she spent most of her time trying to mold him into the perfect media man when he just really wanted to kick some knowledge about good music - his included. He didn't care about the latest trends, drama on social media, all the things his current generation seemed to be obsessed with; And sure, maybe that made him 'boring'. A description that hit a nerve but no so much since 'boring' made him millions of dollars from the moment he stepped on the scene.

Still - Tiffany knew best. Those were the words his mother had been saying from the moment he signed the paperwork for her to come aboard his team; And there was no need in fighting his mother who was more stubborn than a mule - always believing her way was the ultimate path. Sabian learned early to let her play boss - only stepping when it was dire for his vision. So far, the team of women had done everything right for his career. Including getting him booked with daytime Tv's favorite Black 'Auntie' Rochelle, who didn't waste any time digging into her long list of questions.

Sabian - who thankfully found his footing early on in the interview breezed right through. He was grateful that unlike his last sit down - this time he was questioned on his upcoming projects that didn't involve his overhyped love life. It was clear that Rochelle had done her homework on the rapper, and he was even surprised to hear her mentioning records from his first mixtape. That, excited him. He found himself actually disappointed when his time slot on the show was up - something he definitely never felt at the end of all eyes being on him.

"I know, I know. I did good." he said jokingly as he made his way backstage.

Instead of satisfied smiles he believed he would see plastered on Brittany and his mother's face, both of the women wore a frown that told him he had done something wrong.

"Okay...maybe not," he chuckled uneasily, approaching the pair, "What's wrong?"

Without saying anything, Brittany rotated the screen of her phone for Sabian to get a full glimpse of. He squinted his eyes at the picture - only to immediately feel the sinking of his stomach once he spotted the very compromising photo. And not just any photo, but multiple shots and angles of him and Kadence's night out at the club. There was no doubt he looked as if he was enjoying himself a little too much, just enough to have stupidly taken her hand in his and lead her out of the exit.

"I know what this —"

"Looks like? Please tell me," Brittany folded her arms over her chest, "What, are you trying to ruin this?"

"Brittany, just let me explain" Sabian insisted, attempting to reach for her hand which was quickly pulled away. He knitted his brows together, as the conversation he was twisted into actually sounded as if he was really in a relationship. When in actuality, he was a single man enjoying the company of a single woman - who honestly was just a business friend.

He was smart enough to know the world wouldn't look at it that way, and he was confident in the fact that by now the pictures were floating everywhere over the internet faster than he could ever imagine - millions of women condemning him as a 'no-good nigga' who was stepping out on the Brittany Banks.

"Let's talk about this in the car, people are starting to stare." Janice muttered, her eyes catching the crew of the tv show nosely watching the drama unfold.

"Fine, I'll meet y'all out there. I left my phone in the dressing room." Sabian replied, turning to walk away before either could respond.

If there was one person he wanted to warn, it was Kadence - assuming she hadn't already seen the damage herself. For a woman who hadn't even had a chance to fully step into her career, she would already be torn apart by the media who would make their minds up about the type of 'girl' she was.

Entering the lavish dressing room that was thankfully not too far from the main set, Sabian could already see his phone blowing up - the vibration almost causing it to fall off the glass coffee table. His eyes shifted into a roll as he spotted Tiffany's name - hitting ignore immediately. He was sure that would piss her off even more, but she was the last person on his mind at the moment. Instead, he searched for Kadence's name in his call log.

"I was..just about to call you." She answered on the first ring, a heavy breath following her words.

Sabian chuckled uneasily, "So I'm too late then? I promise, I'ma handle it. I know this ain't a good look...for either of us"

"Don't worry about me, I can take a few mean comments under my pictures" Kadence's voice fell into laughter.

"Damn already?" Sabian shook his head.

"Yup. I'm just glad The Shaderoom chose a good picture for their very wrong, very insinuative title. Apparently we've been seeing each other for a few months now?"

It was worse than he thought. People were already creating false stories around the photos - stories that would reach every blog, magazine, and every other media outlet by the end of the night. All of it incredibly damaging to his 'relationship' and just enough to get Brittany to back out of their deal and sue the shit out of him.

"I'm glad you're taking this easy" Sabian laughed, finally exiting the dressing room - feeling the plethora of eyes digging into him as he headed towards the exit, "I was worried this could be damaging to you building your name"

"In some ways, yeah.." she admitted, "But I'm innocent, so whatever their saying can't get to me. What about you though? Are you and Brittany cool?"

Sabian twisted his mouth to create a frown, "Not exactly - she's definitely mad at me right now I can say that much"

"Yikes, if it'll make it better I can assure her there's nothing going on"

Sabian stepped out into the parking lot of the studio, his eyes adjusting to the sun as he searched for his ride. Apart of him didn't want to be anywhere near the two women who were waiting to dig into him - but he knew he had to make the current situation right.
Seeing his driver pull around the corner, he wrapped up the conversation with Kadence.

"It's cool - I can handle her" Sabian insisted, "I just wanted to check on you though, I'm handling business right now. I'll talk to you later"

"Okay...and I'm really sorry if this messes up things with you and Brittany. It's my fault —"

"Nonsense" Sabian cut her off, "It's no ones fault. Like you said, we're innocent"

"Right...well talk to you later" Kadence voice sounded a little lighter than before. Sabian was happy to hear that, but didn't hesitate to disconnect the call as his driver finally pulled up.

Stepping into the escalade, he could already see his mother's face scolding him, however Brittany was nowhere to be found.

"Where's Brittany?" Sabian asked.

"Her team called her in to talk about this mess you created, she caught a ride to the Hills" Janice shook her head, "You know what this means"

"Ma, it's not that bad" Sabian downplayed it, "As far as they know, she can be family"

"Do I have stupid written on my forehead?"

Sabian snickered - whereas his Mother's face was stone. Janice had always been strict, loving, but confident in her ability to make her kids get their act together. Sabian loved Janice because it was evident that she supported her son in whatever he chose to do - but she made it clear he had to be a hundred percent in whatever he believed in. There was no such thing as being half in - half out, as playing the fence usually caused even the smartest man to fail.

Sabian ran his hands over his face, "If I'm being honest, I don't see the benefit of me doing this. I won't lie - it got me a few new fans. But Ma, everything I do is under a microscope now"

"Sabian, the moment you signed that contract to the label you knew this is what life would be like. Your business is no longer your business" Janice preached, "And I know this Brittany thing is a little weird and new, but look at the return —"

"Not all money is good money, Ma" Sabian insisted, "If I have to lie about who I am, who I'm with..."

Janice attempted to sip her hot latte, rolling her eyes as the driver hit a few potholes. She looked over to her son who looked, well, miserable - and although he couldn't see her vision now, he would soon.

"Listen, I know this is hard on you," Janice empathized, "But Brittany's team already has multiple gigs lined up for the two of you. The leg work is already done, it is proven that people love you two together. Now your target audience is spilling over to her fans and vice versa - Sabian. We're talking magazine spreads, commercials, even a joint album and tour. Don't throw away millions of dollars because you want to be sloppy when you've been doing good for months"

"And all that sounds great mom, but one - I'm not ruining anything. Me and Kadence are just friends —

"Again, do I look like I have stupid written on my forehead?" Janice gave her son a knowing look, "This is now my third time seeing this girl, telling me this isn't just some friend"

"But she is" Sabian snickered with a shake of his head, "Trust me, I have no reason to lie"

"Well whoever she is, she's distracting you" Janice told him, her tone switched to cold and no longer empathetic, "So, no more of these little stunts, I should've nipped it in the bud at the pool party. Now, you need to think hard and fast, how you're going to fix this deal"

Sabian sat back in his seat, averting his eyes to the passing buildings instead of on his mother as their conversation came to an end. He clenched his jaw - his mind in deep thought. No matter how he personally thought, the business man in him was well aware that his mother was right. Still, he hated the thought of being inauthentic in anything that he did. Now he was forced to do just exactly that.

✨✨✨

"Beautiful view, huh?"

Sabian looked over the ocean that laid beneath the resting yacht, the sky a captivating mix of oranges and reds as the sunset into the horizon. It was a beautiful sight to see, despite the fact that the occasion for which the couple was there wasn't the best.

"Yeah, it's nice" Brittany replied in a flat tone.

Sabian pressed his lips, "I know you're still mad at me—"

"Mad? Please" she scoffed, picking up the half full glass of wine.

"Well, indifferent" Sabian corrected himself, "First, I want to say that I appreciate the fact you didn't end the contract on behalf of me"

"I wanted to, trust me," Brittany assured him, "But...Mark thinks all publicity is good publicity. However, I don't. Did you even think about my image when you were out entertaining that woman...whoever she is"

"Her name is Kadence" Sabian informed her, "She's a friend, and last time I checked the contract didn't say anything about friendships"

Looking down at his plate, he began to stab at the romaine lettuce that was honestly too drowned in dressing for his liking.

After leaving the talk show and being told by his mother to fix things, Sabian put some moves in order to make it up to his not-girlfriend. He was relieved to find out Brittany was still in on the deal, and accepted his invite to the dinner that he was secretly hoping would be captured - telling the world everything was all good between the couple. He didn't expect Brittany to be happy-go-lucky to be on a date with him only hours after he made her look like she was being cheated on - something every woman dreaded. However he thought she should at least understand his dilemma - or maybe not, since the false partnership was something she was highly in favor of since the beginning.

Silence waved over the two - neither knowing what else to say as they ate the five star meals in front of them. Sabian, who was a lover of food couldn't even conjure up feelings of enjoyment for the salmon that was cooked to perfection - instead taking advantage of the refills of champagne to keep his attitude at bay.

"Alright look" Brittany blurted out with a drop of her fork, "I get it, I do. This isn't easy for me either."

"You sure?" Sabian raised his brow.

"Yes. I know it doesn't look like it - but that's because I'm willing to sacrifice for the betterment of my career. Our careers."

"So let me ask you a question," Sabian said, placing his elbows on the table, "Are you fucking anyone?"

Brittany's eyes widened, "That isn't really your business"

"Oh it isn't?" He gave her a knowing look.

She rolled her eyes, "Don't worry about me, I have my vices"

"So in other words you're not?"

"Not publicly, since you know - I actually want to make some cash flow off of this" Brittany pointed between the two, "I understand that you're a man Sabian, I don't expect you to not touch anything. But it's a little more risky, since women talk - a lot"

"So your...man...doesn't care that I get to kiss on you, touch on you, in public?" he asked, genuinely intrigued.

Brittany cleared her throat, bringing the glass to her lips - the shifting of her eyes as she took a sip telling Sabian a little more than she wanted to let on.

"You're not fucking anyone" he said confidently, a smirk at his lips.

"Boy, I'm not doing this" Brittany flagged him, "I told you, my business isn't for the public. You, included. So..who is this Kadence? And should I be worried about her?"

"Nope, like I said. We're just --"

"Friends, I heard you the first time. Unfortunately, millions of my fans don't see it that way. So for now on, you need to think if you're ready for this level of career development. Because next time, I won't let Mark make my decisions for me"

The friendly nature of their conversation was quickly brought to an end, just that fast creating an eerie silence between the two. Brittany redirected her attention to her phone, her fingers typing away as they had been doing since the moment they sat down. Sabian's eyes rolled over. After a half hour of the same quiet surrounding, he was relieved to hear his phone chime - taking him away from the severe awkwardness. He smirked to himself once he witnessed it was Kadence - despite the fact that she was the last person he should be talking to. Especially while on a 'date' with Brittany - who as far as he could tell had totally forgotten about his presence.

"Glad to see things worked out" Sabian read in his head as he skimmed the message. He continued to scroll, happy to see that just that quick the couple had been posted on TheShadeRoom - courtesy of him making sure to capture an off guard of Brittany at dinner and posting it.

Sabian : Told you I could handle it lol, how are you?
he replied.

Kadence : Well, seeing as though I have 10k new followers, pretty good. I guess all publicity is good publicity. Lol

Sabian : So I've heard.

"Is that your little girlfriend?" Brittany asked, her eyes peeking up from her phone.

"What?"

"You're smiling" she said gesturing to the tug at his cheek, "While you're texting, usually that means -"

"That I'm smiling, that's all," Sabian placed his phone down seeing as though Kadence hadn't gotten back to him yet, "And I'm not the only one with my head in my phone - you've been on yours all night."

"Conducting business." she shrugged.

Sabian nodded, the poke of his bottom lip emerging before he spoke, "That's cool, but don't you think we should actually take this time out to really get to know each other. That way this whole thing doesn't feel as forced?"

Brittany placed her hair behind her ear in a thinking manner. Hell, maybe he was right. He was nowhere near her type, that was for sure - but handsome nonetheless. He didn't talk too much like other men, but his arrogance was still undeniable.

"Okay...you're right." Brittany nodded, "So, favorite color?"

"Green and I didn't mean like that." Sabian chuckled.

"Mines pink...and like what?"

"Sharing unnecessary facts that neither one of us will remember."

Brittany frowned, "Well...we could get off this boring ass boat that's for sure."

"Boring?" Sabian half scoffed, half laughed, "We got an A1 meal with a beautiful view."

"Yeah on a friday night"

"What else did you have in mind?" He asked, his brow spiked.

Brittany gave him a smirk as if she had the perfect place the two could slide to, to really get to know each other. Just as smart as him, Brittany also knew after the small scandal they needed to do damage control - and just like Sabian predicted - she knew the best spot for the friday night.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.6K 1.3K 43
Book series in order ♥ { • My Brother Bestfriend } { • This Thing Called Life } { • This is Our Life } [ This Thing Called Life is the sequal to My...
1K 95 17
WARNING!! I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH: YOU MIGHT NOT LIKE MY ENDING AS IT IS QUITE UBRUPT! THANK YOU. TAKE PRECAUTION. I WARNED YOU. Everyone has a...
802 21 17
"I'm better than you even when I'm drunk." He drunkenly walked over to me and between my legs, so close that our noses almost touched, "No you cheat...
458 24 4
Naomi had a pep to her step finally free from the bonds of marriage, or so she thought. With Rashaad at a standstill, he was determined to make thing...