RISE (A Highschool DxD Fanfic)

By RickyRich_27

A forgotten dragon, exiled for being the weakest of them all, returns with a vengeance, to prove her worth to... More

Character Introduction
Eqiupment, Powers, and Skills
Chapter 1 - The New Guy in Town
Chapter 2 - Dream
Chapter 3 - First Day: Part 1
Chapter 4 - First Day: Part 2
Chapter 5 - Crashing a Date
Chapter 6 - Found Out (not!)
Chapter 7 - New Faces, New Problems: Part 1
Chapter 8 - New Faces, New Problems: Part 2
Chapter 9 - New Faces, New Problems: Part 3
Chapter 10 - Phenex pays a Visit
Chapter 11 - Training
Chapter 12 - Rating Game and Aftermath
Chapter 13 - A Humongous Favor
Chapter 14 - Slaughterhouse
Chapter 15 - Resistance
Chapter 16 - Settling Down. . . Again
Chapter 17 - Duel
Chapter 18 - Teaching a Lesson
Chapter 19 - The Hunt
Chapter 20 - Hunter Killer: Part 1
Chapter 21 - Hunter Killer: Part 2
Chapter 22 - Remediation
Chapter 23 - Truths and Lies
Chapter 24 - Class Observation Day
Chapter 26 - Prelude to Disaster
Chapter 27 - The Show-Stopper
Chapter 28 - Scorched Earth
Chapter 28.5 - Y/n vs Vali
Chapter 29 - Respite At Last
Chapter 30 - Inferiority
Real Talk
Chapter 31 - Self-Invitation
Chapter 32 - As Equals: Part 1
Chapter 33 - As Equals: Part 2
Chapter 34 - Call of the Wild
Chapter 35 - A Dragon's Reverse Scale
Chapter 36 - Old Man, Young Men
Chapter 37 - Animal Control
Chapter 38 - Mischief Managed

Chapter 25 - Vampire Trap

7.1K 127 67
By RickyRich_27

Y/N POV

"So. . . why am I here again?" I ask.

The ORC and I stood in front of a door with handles held together by a humongous padlock, and yellow police tape strewn up and down the wall. The tape pulsed with magic, just a slight trace that I could barely detect. I imagine that if I didn't have Emynth's senses, I wouldn't sense it at all.

Clearly something is being kept in there. And the tape and padlock did a good job keeping any aura from escaping. I wonder who enchanted it?

"My brother told me it was about time I released it," Rias responded.

"And what exactly would be 'it?'"

"My other Bishop of course," she said matter-of-factly.

She raised her hand and a magic circle spread over the door.

With a 'ka-cha' sound, the padlock broke and the magic circle shattered. The tape fell off the wall silently, and Rias pushed open the door and led us in.

"Should we be worried?" I ask.

Akeno shook her head. "No, this Servant isn't too troublesome to deal with. But it does come with a few quirks."

A single black coffin lay in the center of the room. A box was off in a corner, but other than that, there was no other decoration in the room. If something was kept in here, how did it survive without food and drink?

'Hey, have any idea what could be in here?'

'My guess would be someone the Gremory family had trouble subduing. Knowing them, they wouldn't let such a powerful being off the hook so easily.'

'Big facts.'

Akeno pushed the lid of the coffin and it fell to the floor with a loud bang, causing Asia to jump a little.

We all peered inside. . .

"EEEK! Don't look at me!"

.

. .

. . .

There was nothing in the coffin.

'Yes there is. Or at least was.'

I turned my head to where the box was and, sure enough, it was trembling.

'Yep, there it is.'

"It sounded. . . feminine," Issei remarked.

'Oho, whatever it was, it was definitely NOT female.'

"Uh, I have a feeling that it wasn't," I said.

"But, it sounded like a little girl," Asia said.

Off to the side, I could hear Rias' and Akeno's soft chuckles. Looks like I might be right.

"Hell Dome: Compress."

A dome appeared over us, or more specifically, only me and the box. As it was a compressed version, the walls were more opaque and the temperature is exerted was higher. Whatever is in there, it wouldn't get away from me.

I slowly approached the box. It continued to tremble, but it got worse as I got closer, as if it could sense me getting closer.

My left arm became covered in armor as it reached out. . .

.

. .

. . .

'Mr. Clean, right behind you.'

My right eye flared blue as my right arm lashed out. My hand wrapped around something fleshy, a neck. Whatever I caught was wriggling in my hands, struggling to get out. Ice spread from my arm to the neck, and the thing I caught stopped moving.

"What are you?"

"Kuh! Pl-please, let g. . .go of m-me," it croaked.

The dome faded away and a bizarre sight greeted my eyes.

A peculiarly feminine face rested upon the head of the thing I grabbed. Pink eyes, filled with fear, stared into mine. The ears were pointed, resembling those of elves. Platinum blond hair hung loosely in a bob cut with slight frontal fringes. And a lone fang was present with the other teeth.

Looking down, I saw that the person I grabbed was wearing the Kuoh Academy girls' uniform.

'Don't tell me. . .'

'It is, unfortunately.'

An awkward silence hung over us, as everyone watched me hold this 'girl' by her neck.

Eventually, Issei spoke up, "Hey, Y/n. Shouldn't you let go of her now?"

"Yeah," Asia said. "It's not nice to hold girls against their will."

I smiled wryly. "Bold of you to assume it's a girl."

Another awkward silence invaded the room.

"Buchou?" Issei asked.

Rias nodded with a sly smile. "Gasper here is my first bishop. As much as he looks like it, he is in fact a male. As for what he is, he's a Dhampir, a vampire-human hybrid hated by vampires. I chanced upon him when he was near death, so I saved him."

I expect this revelation made them think I would drop him out of shock, but contrary to their expectations, I tightened my grip.

"Give me one good reason not to kill you right now. I already have you down for copyright infringement, identity theft, plagiarism--all three of which were because of your time-stopping power--cross-dressing, and acting gay in general, when I know you're not. So, what'll it be?"

A/N: I have nothing against gay people. I respect them and their decisions, so I hope no one comes after me for insulting a trap.

"Y/n, he's my Bishop. He's a very valuable part of my peerage; I need him. I had to use a Mutation Piece in order to obtain him. He has lots of potential to be great. You already saw before; his specialty is his ability to stop time with his Sacred Gear. It'll be a huge blow to me and my family if he is killed," Rias tried to step in.

With a heavy sigh, I placed Gasper down next to Rias. But I also gave him a light slap to the cheek before I walked away.

"Thank you," she said.

"Uh, yeah, I think I'm done here. A male effeminate vampire isn't gonna sit well with me, not anytime soon. Also, you speak like a true scion."

"Huh?"

"You called him a 'part' of your peerage, not a 'member.' You said you 'obtained' him. Not only do you speak of him like he is an object, you speak in first person POV a lot. 'I chanced upon him. . . I saved him. . . I need him.' It's all about you. You think of yourself above everyone else. And saying that it'll be a huge blow to you and your family? If killing him isn't enough to cause your mental collapse or something on par with that, then you don't even view him as important as you say," I retorted.

"I-I-" she stammered.

I pressed on mercilessly. "Look, I'm not trying to break you apart, but you need to know, this little act of yours? It's not gonna get you anywhere. Thinking that just because you're a Gremory then you'll get everything you want, you won't last a moment on a real battlefield. And before you say anything about the thing with Kokabiel, he's nothing compared to the real powers of the realms."

Rias stayed silent.

She had no way to rebuke anything I said. Everything I said was true, and it wasn't for the purpose of breaking her down, it was for the sake of her becoming better.

Selfish people like her won't ever know the true meaning in having people you hold dear. Looking out for only yourself will get you nowhere in any relationships because there's no way a selfish person could know what other people care about.

Entitled offspring are a tad worse. Anything handed to you on a silver platter isn't real. There's no sense of accomplishment in having everything given to you. Being spoiled will only get you killed in the real world, especially in the world I now know. Entitled people will never hold any merit if they continue to assume that they won't have to work for anything.

"Just, think over what I said. I'm going home."

I probably left them with a gloomy mood, but they'll thank me eventually.

Timeskip

"I'm sorry."

"Uh, what?"

"I'm sorry," I repeated. "That wasn't really nice of me. It's just. . . entitled, power-hungry, selfish people like you just get on my nerves, especially when those traits show."

Rias looked at me weirdly. "Okay, thanks."

After the earlier outburst, I came back to apologize. It's not good to let your anger run rampant all the time. So I decided to say sorry after a while.

A bow seemed sufficient to convey the message, so I gave her a little bow. Not one of subservience, but one of respect and courtesy.

I looked around. The ORC was in the middle of training Gasper. "You know, there's a better way of doing this. Training, I mean."

She raised an eyebrow at me. "Oh?"

With a nod, I explained, "The battlefield is the best forge to temper soldiers. So, if we were to put Gasper--and eventually everyone--in life-or-death scenarios, it should help them unlock their potential."

"Isn't that a bit harsh?"

"Do you only know how to pamper your servants?" I said snarkily.

She averted her gaze.

Experience would always be the best teacher. No amount of training or preparation can prepare you for the real deal. Plans may become skewed, new variables may be introduced, conflict may hinder action. Improvise. Adapt. Overcome. Only by honing your adaptability to any situation can you be ready for anything.

Prepare, experience, react, adapt, act. Be like water; when one way is blocked, squeeze through all other alternate routes in order to break through.

"So. . ?" I asked expectantly.

"G-go ahead. But please don't kill anyone!" she finally said.

"No promises, but I'll be sure to whip him into shape," I said back.

She twiddled her thumbs nervously while I went to where the rest of the ORC were training Gasper.

"Yo! I'll be taking over his regimen until further notice!" I called out.

They stopped beaning Gasper with tennis balls and turned their heads.

"On whose orders?" Issei asked.

I jabbed my thumb back at Rias. "I got personal approval from Little Miss Big Mama over here."

It seemed like that was a satisfactory answer, as he made way for me and even gave me a ball.

"Hey, Gasper," I called out. He turned to me. "You see this ball in my hand?"

He nodded.

My eyes scanned the surroundings and found a lone soccer ball in the grass. The ball in my hand combusted. I threw the tennis ball at the soccer ball and under everyone's shocked gaze, the tennis ball passed clean through and left a burning hole in the soccer ball.

The tennis ball even dug itself into the ground about 10 feet before it stopped.

"If you can't dodge the balls I throw, you're gonna end up just like that ball!"

His face went white as a sheet.

"Issei, ball!"

He hesitated.

"I told you, I got permission. Now, ball!"

He reluctantly put a ball into my hand.

"Ready?" I asked Gasper.

"N--"

*WHIZZZ*

*BOOM*

Before he could say anything, I had thrown it. Wind whipped around Gasper's head and the impact of the ball on the ground behind him kicked up a lot of dirt.

Gasper slowly turned his head and looked at the mini crater behind him in terror.

"I said, are you ready?" I asked once more.

"I--"

*BOOM*

A second crater appeared behind him. This time though, there was also a trickle of blood on his face. The ball I threw had brushed up against his cheek and peeled off some skin.

"Those were two chances! I told you, you're gonna end up like that ball. If you don't stop this next ball, I'll have made a vampire donut!" I shouted maliciously.

"NO!" he screeched.

"Y/n! This is too much!" Kiba shouted.

"Stay out of this! You all have been pampered for far too long! If he can't stop a single tennis ball, how will he survive the spear of a Fallen Angel? Either he dies now, or he dies on the battlefield. What'll it be vampire?!"

Of course, I didn't mean to kill him, maybe.

Besides, if I did, I would have a target on my back because Rias would probably tell her family or something. I can see the potential in the little man.

"I-I don't want to die!"

"Then stop the ball! Or should I use my light bullets? Yeah, let's do that."

Heaven's Cutlass and my right gauntlet materialized onto my hand. I pointed the barrel at Gasper's head.

"One. More. Chance. Will you stop the ball, or am I blowing a hole through you?"

Gasper stayed silent. He looked pathetic, quivering in the girl's uniform, eyes fighting off tears while he looked at me like I was the Devil himself.

I put the sword away, but kept the gauntlet on. I grabbed another ball and infused it with fire and holy energy.

My arm reeled back. The muscles in my arm squeezed and contracted to their limit as I threw the ball with everything I had.

Several booms were heard as it broke the sound barrier in the second I threw it. The wind produced by the ball was enough to blow leaves off of trees and cause grass to be ripped out of the ground. Gasper, who was sitting less than 50 feet away, had less than half a second to react.

.

. .

. . .

*BOOM*

A calm silence pervaded the air. The impact kicked up so much dust that our vision was obscured, but I could tell Gasper was still alive.

'You did it. You crazy son of a bitch, you did it.'

When the dust finally cleared, we saw the fruits of my labor.

Gasper sat on the edge of a crater 5 feet wide and three feet deep. He was shaking uncontrollably and he sometimes twitched. His eyes were hollow and saliva dripped from his mouth.

Blood leaked from his nose and ears, and the ground beneath him was slightly wet.

Nevertheless, he was alive.

"Y/n. I think you broke him," Issei said quietly.

"Wait for it. . ."

Soon enough, his shaking and twitches died down. He regained his composure rather quickly but his face was beet red when he saw that we saw the condition he was in.

He walked over and prostrated himself before me. "Thank you."

"Oh don't thank me yet," I responded. "I need to know if you can do it consistently."

A nudge on my arm drew my attention. It was Asia.

"Hey, did you. . . miss on purpose?" she asked.

I looked at her strangely before laughing. "Miss? Ha! If he hadn't stopped time long enough to move out of the way, he'd be lying dead in the grass!"

She paled before stumbling into Akeno's arms.

It was natural to be scared when death is brought into the equation, regardless of whether or not you're the one being affected.

I grabbed another tennis ball.

Gasper looked up and fear flashed across his eyes. But only very briefly, as it was soon replaced by determination. He was ready for another one.

Another ball soon flew towards his head.

And he appeared on the edge of another crater.

I threw another ball. . .

Another crater appeared. After that I stopped.

Asia stirred. "Is it over?"

"Yes, he's managed to survive. He should be ready to put on the battlefield," I nodded. "Rias, come here!"

She came over and paled at the sight before her.

Three craters dotted the field and dirt was sprayed everywhere. Long streaks of brown signified where grass was ripped out of the ground. A few trees were bare and their leaves scattered. All in all, it was ugly, but not anything that couldn't be fixed.

Meanwhile, Gasper was splayed out in between the craters in a daze. His face was paler than usual, his hair was ragged, his eyes were hollow. Saliva streamed from his mouth. His pants were completely soaked through and he looked really pitiful. But the important thing to note was that he was unharmed. Yes, he had a lot of dirt on him, but there was no trace of injury at all.

Kiba and Koneko ran to Gasper to bring him back. Akeno still held Asia in her arms, so she set her down before restoring the field to what it was before, before there were the craters.

"Relax Gremory, he's alive. Probably in shock because of what i just did, but alive nonetheless," I told her.

I did just what I said I'd do. Gasper may be unstable, but he's able to freely control his Sacred Gear now, he can activate it at will. It may not be exactly what the others were hoping for, but it's definitely an improvement.

"Th-thank you," Rias struggled to say.

I slapped her back. "Don't be so uptight about it! He's good now, right? He'll be of use to you now, seeing as I got rid of the unpredictable factor of his Gear."

She was stunned, but I could tell she was happy. A smile crept onto her face before she sighed in relief.

"You really didn't disappoint me."

Of course I didn't! Doesn't she remember who was talking to? I merely smiled back.

"Anyways," she continued. "There was something else I wanted to talk to you about."

Glancing over, I saw she had become very serious all of a sudden. She even exuded a solemn aura. Whatever she was going to say, it wasn't going to be pretty.

"To be honest, I expected this. How could Sirzechs come to talk to you for exclusively freeing Gasper? If it was just that, he could've sent Grayfia over. When you told me he personal talked to you, there was no chance that it wasn't anything minor," I declared.

A look of shock appeared on her face. "So it was like that. . ."

I nodded.

She continued. "I might as well tell you. There's a big conference coming up. It'll involve the three factions: Angels, Fallen Angels, and Devils. All our leaders will be there to discuss a peace treaty."

"And you want me to attend?"

She nodded. "It would be for the best. We're not confident enough to say that nothing will happen, so it's better if there's more security. If you wanted, you could be a neutral party even."

I thought over what she said.

It would be a great opportunity to see the leaders of the other factions, as well as the things they're capable of. If anything were to happen, I could easily intervene, but that might draw some animosity.

Emynth is partly exposed, but no one knows who she is, yet. So it would be fine if I ended up doing something, as long as it did not get me in trouble. If everything were to go as planned, I might as well stay home with Tio, but I'm sure something will happen, so I might as well go. Ensuring the conference goes well will get me some more allies, which isn't always bad.

A sound of a crow attracted my attention. I looked up and a crow descended and dropped a letter in front of me. I picked it up and read it, keeping it hidden from Rias, who looked interested.

Well, this is interesting.

"I'll attend, but keep it a secret. I need to make some preparations, and I'm sure you do too," I answered.

I turned and left before she could ask about the letter.

Heh, the Youkai were useful after all.

To be continued. . .

------------------------------------

Hey, RickyRich here.

So, I'm getting close to 500 followers, and I thought of something. What if I did a mass release of all my works-in-progress when I hit 500 followers? All the other stories I've written but not released will be available for public view. Keep in mind, most of them will be short, and they won't be updated in a long time, but what do you guys think? Good idea? Bad idea? Let me know what you think in the comments.

And if the idea goes through, I'll announce it on my profile, so check in once in a while.

Godspeed~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

172K 7.6K 23
Where Lewis Hamilton goes to a cafe after a hard year and is intrigued when the owner doesn't recognise him. "Who's Hamilton?" Luca says from the ba...
643K 32.2K 24
โ†ณ โ [ ILLUSION ] โž โ” yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader โ” yandere helluva boss x fem! reader โ”• ๐ˆ๐ง ๐ฐ๐ก๐ข๐œ๐ก, a powerful d...
402K 14.1K 88
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ’œ my first fanfic...
258K 8.7K 52
There's no way you're hitting on me right now. โ” Lando Norris x Fem!OC ยฉ KissLeclerc , April 2024 Started: April 8, 2024 Completed: May 10, 2...