𝐵𝑒ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑑 𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝑊𝑜𝑟𝑑𝑠...

By Alphafyers

A book interviewing our Favorite Authors. Getting behind the words and finding the reason why they wrote what... More

Disclaimer & Requests
Author [@TaliaMai]
Author [@theweirdchic]
Author of [@azzie89]
Author [@alive_]
Author [ @AmericanCowGirl19]
Author [@YoongiNights]
Author [@AnnaAlbo]
Author [@BookieBat]
Author [@7lyrics]
Author [@gabriellawrites_]
Author [@AllieSalone]
Author [@KyanaKnight]
Author [@writtenbyemmie]
Author [finnmikaelson]
Author [@Orchid]
Author [@LadyofStars]
Author [@PIERCCE]
Author [@Kay_Dee_Em_Dee]
Author [@chaaass93]
Author [@Twoony]
Author [@aggie23FF]
Author [@pleuvoirx]
Author [@SarahGeorge89]
Author [@EXOtic_Devil]
Author [@Christine Owen]
Author [@yabookprincess]
Author [@neverlandhiraeth]
Author [@A_Elin]
Author [@AbbyWheelerRomance]
Author [@genniefromtheblock]
Author [@kmbell92]
Author [@Young-Queen_Izzy]
Author [@ScarlettBlackDaisy]
Author [@DumDumPops4]
Author [@_TomMarvoloRiddle_]
Author [@reannekennedy17]
Author [@Nenerh1]
Author [@Cat_Archer]
Author [@danamayfield]
Author [@Vampirediaries1996]
Author [@arios2004]
Author [@JustMe52]
Author [@-despressos]
Author [@celestialsea]
Author [@erasingpencil]
Author [@Meldelen]
Author [@wildflowersandink]
Author [@theilliterateironman]
Author [@hazuuuh]
Announcement
Author [@True_lies13]
Author [@Neonskittles98]
Requests Announcement
Author [@Hufflerpuffer]
Author [@Darknessofworlds]
Author [@The_BatCats]
Author [@lonediva]
Author [@salvawhoreslxt]
Author [@fandomlover727]
Author [@Kaitlyn465 ]
Author [@azgeina]
Author [@girasolesss]
Author [@AmberKingston]
Author [@FaeRiddle]

Author [@Mischief87654321]

36 1 1
By Alphafyers

Welcome, everyone. Today we have the lovely   Mischief87654321

Author of: Void [teenwolf fanfic]

Lexi Potter [Harry potter fanfic]

Skin [Supernatural fanfic]

The Youngest [Teenwolf Fanfic] and many more great books.

A big thank you to her for taking the time to answer these questions.

If you haven't read her books then please do. They're amazing...

Without further ado...

What inspired you to start writing?

Well, funny story (for me at least) I started writing in my first year of high school, so I was 11 at the time. I've always had this thing where when I watch a movie that I really like, I start imagining other people in it doing other things along with the characters. I would make up scenarios while watching a movie. Then, the next day, instead of listening to my teachers in class, I would start developing my ideas. I then decided to start writing to them so I wouldn't lose my ideas. But what really started me out is when I made one of my friends read my stories and they suggested that I actually start writing them fully and then I discovered Wattpad and here I am now.

Did you have any writers' block along the way? how did you get past them?

Well, not writer's block per se. More like, things happen which prevented me from being able to write, which is why I don't post a lot, but now, I actually have my own computer, which I didn't have before. I'll be able to start writing more hopefully. As I said, my mind makes up scenarios of its own when I watch a show or a movie and sometimes I can even see different endings for a movie. In one of my stories, I've had up to 4 different endings that worked. So, normally, I don't really get writer's block, if I do, I have my best friend who helps me and, of course, I've also got some ideas from my reader's. (The best ideas always surface with the readers usually)

Do you see yourself in any characters and why?

Well, I see myself in Lexie and a bit in Ellie also. All of my characters are based on someone in my life. Lexie is fully me, I based her off of what I would have done if I was in her situation. So, she is me, (apart from like one or two details) Kylie is based on one of the little girls in my kindergarten and Caleb is based on my guy best friend. Even the works that I have not published yet (I might have like 60 stories not posted yet... oops?) everything is based on me and my entourage.

How old are you?
 I am 18 years old. 

How old were you when you started writing? 

When I really started writing, I was 11, but imagining stories? Way further than that. For as long as I can remember, even with like kid's cartoons, I would make up characters and stories. 

Can you remember what you felt when you first started writing? what did you feel?

 I felt happy. Writing takes off stress for me. Writing also takes me to another world, like a safe haven of some sort. I am a very shy and reserved person and I was worst back then, I kept to myself because I felt like I was bothering people. Writing made me feel like I mattered somewhere, because when you write, the characters in your story depend on you, without you, they are nothing. So, in a way, I felt like I mattered, I felt free.

What's your outside life like?

Boring I'd say, (says the girl who just came back from Cuba *facepalm*) apart from the trip I just took. I'm in college in languages Spanish and German, I work in a fast-food restaurant, no, not Mcdonald's, but A&W and also a Petro-Canada which is a gas station. Apart from that, there are three friends that I see every week. My mom also has a kindergarten so I help her with that and I have a one-year-old brother.

Where do you get your ideas from?

 My head mostly, my best friend (the ones that is pretty much mentioned at least once in all of my books and of course from my readers. I love it when my readers comment what they wish could happen, if I like the idea, I will put it in the book, but sometimes I like seeing what they think should happen vs what I make happen. 

What do you like to do when you're not writing?

I'm an avid reader. I'm reading ALL THE TIME. I'm also a musician so I make some music pieces, (nothing grandiose, just for fun) I'm in school and work which takes almost all my time or I spend time with my friends and family. My brother's an important part of my life so I try and spend as much time with him as I can.

What does your family think about your writing?

 They're actually pretty supporting. Well, my stepmom and my stepdad are at least. They're always asking for news. Also, I won't develop, but someone in my family went to jail for reasons not worth mentioning and he asked me to print my books so he and other people in jail had something to read. Apparently, now I'm known as a writer in jail. They liked the story, which I guess is a good thing.

What do you think makes a good story?

A good structure firstly, and I am not speaking about grammar mistakes (there are some exceptions, I've seen some books that counted as many mistakes as there were words in the chapters). Without a structure, your story doesn't make any sense. I have my basic ground rules, like, we have to know about your evil character before we meet him. Meaning, if your evil character isn't one of the characters that we see a lot of in the book, at least make sure that we learn a bit about them before arriving at the climax where your main character fights the evil ones. Also, make sure that the whole story makes sense and nothing crosses things that you already said, if it does, change what doesn't fit in. (Does that make sense? It does for me... oh well.)

What's your favourite genre? and why?

 I love fantasy, but I'm a sucker for a good horror story. So my favourite genre is horror, there's something about it that really calls to me. I also love characters that are insane which we see a lot of in horror. It always makes a good story. (I take recommendations people!! *Winks, actually on her knees yelling out for help to find new horror books*) 

What's the hardest thing to write for you and why?

Well apart from the fact that I have to fit a four years old in the town of Beacon Hills and everything? I'm not good at writing romantic things. I usually prefer to do a time skip and not tell people how to people get together. I've never been in a "real relationship" because the last one, we were just good friends at that point. Soooo if anyone knows how to write a wedding, I am in need of help and pointers, because I have a wedding to write and I do not know what to do. 

Do you work on an outline or do you just write with the flow?

 not really, I usually just watch the show-movie-book and since I have a really good memory when it comes to that, I already know what I want to write so in a way, I guess I go with the flow. (Love that expression, by the way, did you come up with all the questions by yourself? This is amazing. You're really good at what you do, and I'm rambling again, sorry!!)

Do you write on wattpad itself or different software?

I used to just write on Wattpad and publish right away and I learned from my mistakes when two of my books deleted themselves without my consent. (In the Harry Potter books, I had published up to book 5 and now it's only up to book 3, meaning I am rewriting my books.) Now, I write my chapters somewhere else, then I publish.

Do you have anything specific you want to say to readers?

Well, yes, Hello! How's life? I'm very grateful for people on this app who support me and I'm not just talking about the readers who read my stories, even if it's not my story that you are reading, even if you have not heard about my books before, I'm speaking to readers in general.

It is always such a pleasure to know that people read your work and appreciate it. It makes you feel wanted. So thank you, to all of you who read and support people like me. Also, if you have ideas while reading, feel free to comment them, and I am not saying this to get more comments, that is not what I hope to gain, you can even come and speak to me privately, I'm even thinking of maybe making an Instagram only for my books so I can interact with you all more easily.

 Thank you, also, to people that read stories and don't like them. Thank you for writing what you honestly think (I'm speaking about those who remain respectful while doing so) so that I can see from your point of view and judge if you are right because sometimes, you are. There cannot be a story without someone that doe not like it. Because not everyone can be pleased. That is life.

And lastly, Do you have any advice for new writers

Start slow... Don't start writing and expect to be the new J.K. Rowling tomorrow. Sadly, that's not how it works. Take your time and write for yourself first, not others. If you write for others, then it doesn't come from your heart. You write for yourself and don't let no one tell you otherwise. Also, don't be afraid to take a break or disappoint readers with your books. If you need to stop writing for a while, then stop, no one will hurt you for it and those who actually like your books will stay and wait for you to come back. And if you plan on killing off one character and people are mad, let them be mad. It is your story, you decide what happens in it. Yes, your decision can change, but it is your choice only.

...

There you have it. A big thank you to her, please go check her out if you haven't already.

{P.S} Don't forget to vote, share and comment.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.6K 445 13
"𝑪𝒂𝒖𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝒎𝒚 𝒆𝒚𝒆, 𝑰 𝒂𝒊𝒏'𝒕 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏 𝒂𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒑𝒐𝒕 𝒄𝒖𝒛 𝑰 𝒃𝒆 𝒐𝒏𝒕𝒐 𝒚𝒐𝒖"
192K 20.4K 56
"කේතු දන්නවද මම කේතුට කොච්චරක් ආදරෙයි කියල ?" "හැමතිස්සෙම වචනෙන් නොකිව්වත් සර්ගෙ ඇස් මගේ ඇස් එක්ක පැටලෙනකොට ඒ දිලිසෙන ඇස්වලින් මට පේනවා සර් මට කොච්...
52.4K 1.1K 21
.. a story, of a girl who has a condition that could change her life for the greater good. Loni has a medical condition that stopped her from develop...
16.7K 1.6K 18
" ඇයි අයියෙ ඔයා කොයි වෙලෙත් මාව සුදු අරලිය මලකට සමාන කරන්නෙ.." මං අයියගෙ මූන දිහා බලන් අහනකොට එයා මගෙ ඇස් දෙක දිහා බැලුවා.. මගෙ අයියගෙ මූනෙ ඇඳිලා තිබ...