Loved by the Marauders

By musical_riley

Casandra Potter, or Cassie as she likes to be called, would never have imagined that one day her life would b... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Deleted Scenes
News

Chapter 30

5.9K 135 128
By musical_riley

Marauders

So guys....interesting ending.

Guess what this chapter is?

Go ahead. Guess ;)

IT'S THE LAST CHAPTER!!

Who's excited to find out how I am going to end the first book? I bet you guys mentally said "I am!"

So even though this is the last chapter I will have a deleted scenes chapter after this. It will be funny.

The song for this chapter is “Enchanted” by Taylor Swift because I was listening to it at the end and I realized that it worked really well with that one part...so I made it the song. J

The External Link is for something later on in the chapter, but I will be posting a link to "The Shelby Kinstin Collection." in the comments

And a note on this chapter, it might seem like a filler, sort of, in the beginning but it's really just to build up to the ending. So most of the chapter is just funny moments and stuff like that, building up to an awesome ending :P

Now, onto the chapter!

<3 From Riley

************************

Chapter 30

"Okay, I'm confused. It's been two weeks since you both admitted your undying love for each other, yet you're still not dating?" Shelby said to me. I smiled and and shrugged.

"I dunno. We haven't really talked about it at all. And we didn't confess our 'undying love'. He only gave me the shoes and that was that." I corrected her. Lily and Shelby both rolled their eyes as we sat out by the lake. We had finally finished our last exam and we were happily enjoying the warm weather without the pressure of exams over  

our heads.

"Well why don't you talk to him about it?" Lily suggested as the four boys walked out of the castle, walking toward us as they laughed.

"Because it will make me seem desperate. If he wants to ask me or talk about it he can. But I don't want to start it." I told them. They shrugged and dropped the subject.

"Hey chicks." James said, kissing Lily's cheek as he sat next to her. She smiled and snuggled into his shoulder. Adorkable. I called it.

"How's my favorite little sister doing on this fine day?" Sirius said happily as he sat down next to me. I laughed and he squeezed the life out of me in a hug.

"I'm just fine." I smiled, elbowing him. Sirius chuckled as Andy walked up to our little group.

"Hey Cas." He said, sitting down in the grass. I waved at him and leaned back, enjoying the warm sun rays.

"Exams are finally over." Remus sighed. Everyone laughed at him as he leaned up against the tree.

"I never thought you would be the one to say that." I joked. Remus smiled and shrugged as everyone nodded in agreement.

"It's been a stressful end of the year. I can't wait for graduation." said Remus.

"I think it's going to be really sad, leaving Hogwarts and all." Shelby said sadly. Lily and I nodded with her but the boys, being boys with no attachment to things, shrugged.

"Nah. Everyone'll be too excited about finally getting out into the world." James commented. Sirius, Remus, and Peter all nodded in agreement. Even Andy looked to be on their side. We're outnumbered!

"But Hogwarts is like our second home! Of course it will be hard to leave." I said to them, frowning. I then started to cry. Fake cry of course, just cause I enjoy being dramatic.

"Would a hug make it better?" Remus asked with a smile. I sniffed and nodded, crawling over to him when he opened up his arms.

"I'm a hugger." I nodded, smiling. Remus laughed and pulled away from the hug. I stayed sitting next to him, my cheeks slightly red.

"We're getting distracted. The whole point was that it's going to be hard to leave Hogwarts." Lily said, starting a debate on the topic.

"Ugh. Just leave it already. I don't care anymore." Sirius finally groaned, hitting himself in the head. Shelby rolled her eyes as he put an arm around her. She smiled, kissing him. 

"Eww. Cover your eyes child!" I exclaimed, shielding the eyes of Andy, who was sitting next to me. Andy smacked my hands away, smiling.

"I am not a child." stated Andy. I frowned, pouting, and leaned against the tree.

"Compared to these people you are. You're too young to be corrupted." I shuddered. Remus chuckled and elbowed me.

"You're too young to be corrupted but look at what we did to you." He teased. I narrowed my eyes and elbowed him back.

"I was corrupted before I even met you people. I invented corruption." I laughed. Everyone rolled their eyes and muttered their quiet protests.

"The water looks refreshing." Lily commented, gazing off at the lake. She was lying on James' chest and he was stroking her hair. My eye twitched as I mentally pinched myself. I'm not allowed to be jealous.

"It does." Shelby agreed, sighing. Sirius grinned and stood up.

"Well then let's go for a swim." He said, wiggling his fingers before picking Shelby up. Shelby yelped and flailed around, screaming as Sirius carried her towards the water.

"Water fight!" Peter yelled. I glanced at him, forgetting he was there. He scares me.

"Oh why not." Lily smiled before jumping into the lake, quickly followed by James who whooped loudly as he hit the cool water. Peter waddled over to the lake and sat on the beach, refusing to get into the water.

"Sirius!" Shelby laughed as she came up for air. Sirius was cracking up on the shore, but he was quickly pulled into the water by a laughing James.

"Come on guys. Let's go show them how it's done." Remus grinned. He grabbed my hand after he stood up and started to lead me over to the lake. I motioned for Andy to follow us, smiling.

"On the count of three?" I asked, smiling. Remus and Andy nodded, getting in their positions.

"One."

"Two."

"Three."

"Cannonball!" We all shouted, jumping high into the air and then falling into the water. Once we had come up for air, everyone was clapping and laughing.

"Applause!" Lily laughed, clapping dramatically. Andy, Remus, and I did an awkward water bow.

"Showoffs." James muttered, smirking. Remus splashed water at James, smiling. James splashed back and then started a water war. Andy and I joined in with Remus while the others all teamed up with James.

"We will prevail!" I yelled, laughing as Sirius tackled me under the water. I pushed him off of me and splashed water right in his face. He yelped and swam away from me.

"Coward!" I grinned. Lily and Shelby splashed me from behind, both teaming up on me.

"Ah!" I squeaked, turning to face them. They both smirked at me before we all started splashing water around like maniacs.

"Girl fight!" James said, sounding amused. We all smirked at him but continued splashing.

Get ready, child.

I stopped splashing, eyes suddenly wide and scared.

Soon, your time will come and I will finally get to meet the miracle child, Cassandra Potter...

"Cassie? What's wrong? Are you okay?" Remus asked worriedly. Then I quickly realized   that I had stopped floating and was being held up by Remus. Luckily he was paying attention. Otherwise I could've drown.

"Cassie?" Sirius asked, frowning when I didn't answer Remus.

"I need to go see Dumbledore." Was all I said. I wasn't really sure if I was okay. I started to swim back to the shore, quickly followed by the others. They didn't say anything as we all climbed out of the lake and walked back over to our stuff. I walked quickly and grabbed my wand, using a quick dry spell to dry off. I vaguely noticed that Peter was gone, though, as I walked up to the castle. Everyone followed me all the way to Dumbledore's office, asking me what had happened and if I was okay. I didn't answer or say anything at all until we had reached Dumbledore's office.

"Hello Miss Potter. I do not believe we had an appointment today." Dumbledore frowned. I nodded, gulping before I told him what had happened.

"He spoke to me. Voldemort." I told him, eyes wide. Dumbledore didn't even look slightly taken back. But my friends did, their eyes all going wide.

"And what did he say to you?" asked Dumbledore, gesturing for me to take a seat in front of his desk. I did and quickly told him what had happened.

"He said Get ready child. in my head. And then he said Soon, your time will come and I will finally get to meet the miracle child, Cassandra Potter... It was really creepy and it freaked me out." I said in a rush. Dumbledore nodded, pondering on what I had told him for a while.

"What are we going to do?" Lily asked. She sounded scared and worried at the same time. Surprisingly, I didn't feel all that scared. I'm sure once the shock wore of I would be shaking with fright....but for now, I'm good.

"This just means that we need to find a descendant of Merlin quickly, before his plan succeeds. Whatever his plan may be, I can guarantee you that it will not be a good one." Dumbledore replied. We all nodded, taking deep breaths.

"Is there any way that we could help you find a descendant?" James asked, putting a hand on my shoulder. I looked up at him and gave him a small smile.

"Not until you graduate. But I hope to have found someone by then. If I have not, then I am afraid that we will need all the help that we can get. Now, off to dinner." Dumbledore said, ushering us out of his office.

"Are you okay?" Remus was the first to talk once we were in the corridor, heading to the Great Hall. I shook my head, then nodded, and finally just shrugged helplessly. Remus hugged me and kept his arm around me as we walked.

"I hope he find someone. And soon." Andy said. He had been caught up on the whole Voldie mind thing and knew how the only way that we could resolve this was to find a descendant of Merlin. How hard could that be? ...Sarcasm...

"I'm sure he will. He is Dumbledore after all." Shelby smiled comfortingly, sitting down at the Gryffindor table. I just shrugged again and leaned into Remus as we sat down, thankful for his comfort.

"Do you guys, by chance, know any descendants of Merlin?" I joked, trying to lighten the mood. At least I didn't have a big mind bruise on my throat this time. Besides, like Dumbledore said, Voldemort can't kill me unless he wants to kill himself. So I should be worrying about other things rather than about him. Like my mum.

"Sorry, no." Sirius laughed. We all dropped any talk of Voldemort and descendants of Merlin, trying to talk about anything else.

"So what do you think they're going to do for graduation?" asked James curiously.

"Nothing too big. I know it's just going to be the seventh years and they'll probably be a little party but they never do anything really big." Lily said matter-of-factly. I laughed and shook my head, pushing the bad thoughts to the back of my head and attempting to enjoy my last two weeks at Hogwarts. I smiled and put my head on Remus' shoulder.

*************

"Why are you so cold?" Remus asked me as I lay my head on his shoulder. My eyes were drooping, dangerously close to drifting to sleep. My eyes snapped open when he spoke and I sat up a little.

"What?" I asked, shaking my head and taking in a breath. Remus frowned, taking his arm off of my shoulders.

"Sorry. I didn't know you were asleep." He apologized. I shook my head, feeling a little more awake now.

"It's okay." I said, rubbing my eyes sleepily.

"Aww. The love birds are being awkward." Sirius teased. I jumped, forgetting that he was sitting next to me. He pinched my cheek and I squirmed away from him, into Remus. 

"What?" I said, confused. Is it even possible for birds to be in love? Maybe it is....I'm not sure.

"You guys are adorkable. That's right, I stole your word." Shelby said, smirking sassily. I chuckled awkwardly. Couldn't they tease me when I did not just sorta wake up. I get confused easily when I'm sleepy.

"What time is it?" I asked, ignoring Sirius and Shelby. I vaguely remembered getting back from dinner and all of us just sitting in the common room, bored. I was really tired.

"Ten-ish." James replied. I nodded and yawned.

"Well I think I'm going to head up to bed. I'm exhausted, for some reason." I smiled, chuckling, and stood up form the couch. I waved at everyone, giving James a hug, and avoiding Remus' eye. I felt embarrassed that I had practically used him as a pillow.

"Aren't you going to give Remus a hug?" Oh great. Now James had joined in. They would probably have some perfectly logical explanation for begin so obvious about this if I asked them. I ignored him and kept walking, rolling my eyes.

"Good night guys."

*************

"Sorry about yesterday." Remus suddenly said. I looked up at him from my piece of parchment that I was doodling on.

"Why are you sorry?" I asked, frowning. He shrugged, glancing at the others who were only sitting a couple feet from us.

"I dunno. I just thought I should apologize." I laughed as he said that and shook my head.

"You shouldn't have to be sorry. You weren't the one that was acting all weird." I told him, not wanting to say "You weren't the one who was teasing you and I about being a couple." because that would sound weird. Remus nodded and left it at that. What, I thought, nothing else? You don't want to talk about it at all?

"So," I said awkwardly, "Lily says there's going to be a sort of graduation party. Do you think you have to bring a date?"

"I dunno. Probably not, if it's only for the seventh years." Remus answered casually, looking down at his book. I mentally groaned and didn't say anything else. I guess he didn't get the hint. Somewhat sadly, I went back to my drawing.

"What is that?" Remus asked me. I actually looked at my drawing then and shrugged.

"Not sure. A dog, maybe. Possibly a horse." I smiled. Remus laughed and shook his head. I smiled at him happily.

"We should catch up with the others. I think Sirius had said that he wanted to do a prank on Filch." Remus said, gathering up his things. I nodded and copied him, standing up to follow our friends back to the castle.

"Hey guys! Wait up!" I called, jogging up to them. Remus was casually walking behind me, not even bothering to jog because he took such big strides.

"Oh hey. Where were you guys?" Andy asked. Remus and I bother shrugged at the same time.

"Distracted." Remus answered. I nodded in agreement and we all began walking again, towards he common room.

"So are we going to do a prank?" James asked, smirking. Sirius grinned and nodded, excitedly.

"A brilliant prank on our old friend Mr. Filch." Sirius answered. I laughed as Shelby and Lily rolled their eyes, not really into the whole "Pranking thing." as they had told me before.

"Well you guys can go break school rules. Shelby and I will be in the common room." Lily said, dragging Shelby away with her. Oh well, their loss.

"So, any ideas?" Andy asked. I raised my eyebrows at him.

"You want to prank with us?" I asked him. He nodded, smiling.

"Yeah. Why not break school rules?" He said sarcastically. I grinned and hugged him. I heard James Sirius, and Remus laugh as I did.

"Andy's officially corrupted!" I exclaimed, laughing. Andy ruffled my hair and nodded.

"Well who do you think is going to carry on your legacy once you leave?" He told me. I smiled and hugged him again before we all set off to Flich's office, arm in arm.

*************

"Hey Cas." I looked up at Andy, a couple days before graduation. I smiled and then turned my attention back to staring into the distance. Or rather, staring at Remus as he laughed along with my other friends.

"What's up?" I asked as Andy sat next to me on the edge of the Astronomy tower. He looked cautiously down at the ground, obviously afraid that he would fall off of the tower.

"Don't worry. You won't fall." I gave him no reason to believe me, but he did anyway.

"What are you doing all alone up here?" Andy asked me. I shrugged, still staring down at my friends as they sat by the Forbidden Forest.

"Just thinking." I replied vaguely. That just made Andy even more curious.

"Thinking about what?" He asked me. I didn't answer, lost in my own thoughts.

"I'm going to take a wild guess and assume that you are thinking about Remus." Andy smiled at me with raised eyebrows, "Penny for your thoughts?"

"Free of charge." I chuckled, finally looking away from the people playing tag in the forest and looked at Andy.

"So? Tell me your secrets." Andy said. I sighed, biting my lip.

"Well, I'm confused. Seems I always am." I told him. Andy nodded, urging me to go on. I coughed, rocking back and forth slightly.

"About what?" He asked me. I shrugged, not sure which thing to say first.

"Many things. For one, I'm confused on how I should feel about my mother dying. Two, I'm not really sure that I get this whole 'Descendant of Merlin' thing. And three, I'm confused about Remus." I looked down at the forest again, staring almost dreamily. Or creepily....either one.

"Oh. Well you shouldn't feel sad about your mum. Feeling sad doesn't help. You should feel hopeful, I guess. Nothing else to really feel. And I don't think it's your job to get all of that stuff anyways. Dumbledore will probably make it a lot clearer once he finds a descendant." Andy assured me. I nodded, understanding his view of it.

"What about Remus?" I asked, hoping he had some advice on that too. Andy shrugged, following my stalker stare towards the forest.

"What about him?" He asked me, not knowing exactly why I was confused. I sort of went into rant mode then. I began to rant to Andy all that I was confused about. Concerning Remus, at least.

"Well he gave me those shoes, which means that he still likes me. I think so at least. And of course I still like him but he hasn't said anything about it at all. So I don't know if I should confront him about it or just wait because he could have something planned. Or maybe he only gave me the shoes as friends and it will be really super mega awkward if I confront him about it. Oh Merlin, what do I do?" I rambled, putting my face in my hands. Andy put his arm around me comfortingly as I sniffed.

"Sorry. You don't have to listen to my girl problems." I said, realizing it was probably really uncomfortable for him. Andy shrugged, smiling at me nicely.

"It's not a problem. That's what I'm here for, right? To help you through your girl problems." Andy joked, putting air quotes on girl problems. I smiled and looked down at the forest again, not sure what to say.

"So, you're confused about your status with Remus?" Andy said, trying to clarify and find the right words to use. I nodded.

"Basically." I guess that way is much better than my rant. Andy nodded, thinking for a couple of seconds.

"Well maybe you should just talk to him. Talking is always the best option and if he did just give them to as friends then you will know you guys talk out all of your issues." Andy suggested. I thought about it for a second and nodded.

"You're right. I should just talk to him."

***************

"Remus." I whispered, louder than I had the first two times. I poked his shoulder a couple of times and he finally woke up.

"Cassie? What are you doing in here?" Remus asked as he sat up, rubbing his eyes.

"I need to talk to you." I whispered, grabbing his hand and pulling him towards the door. He wasn't going very fast though. He sat on the edge of his bed, squinting at me.

"Why do you need to talk to me at one in the morning?" Remus yawned. My eye twitched as I realized, again, that he did not have a shirt on.

"I couldn't sleep. Now put a shirt on and come, child." I said, turning towards the door. Remus smirked and pulled a shirt over his head before following me out the door.

"I'm older than you."

"Why does everyone always say that!" I said, my voice louder now that we were in the common room. Remus smiled at me as I hopped down the steps.

"So what did you-" Thank Merlin Remus had fast reflexes. He reached out just in time to catch me as I tripped over my own foot and almost fell down the remainder of the stairs.  I stared up at him, wide eyed and breathing heavy.

"Watch your step." Remus smirked, putting me back on my feet. I blushed and turned away from him.

"So, what did you want to talk to me about?" Remus asked after a couple seconds of silence. I took a deep breath and turned back to face him.

"Are we dating?" I asked, getting straight to the point afraid that I would lose the courage to ask it if I hadn't. Remus' eyes went a little wide and he opened his mouth, not sure what to say.

"Um- I don't-" I cut him off though, my nervousness getting the best of me.

"Oh great. You had to think about it. That obviously means no and it probably means that you don't want to date me. Merlin." I walked to the other side of the common room, utterly embarrassed. Remus followed me, though.

"No, it's not that-" I cut him off, again. Probably not my best idea. What can I say, I'm impulsive when I'm nervous.

"Then what is it?" I asked, probably too harshly. Remus looked taken back for a second and I took that opportunity to run for the stairs.

"I'm sorry I woke you up, Remus. It won't happen again." I said, walking up the steps. I was careful not to fall again.

"Cassie, wait!" But I didn't wait. I was already up the girls staircase and he couldn't follow me so he was stuck at the bottom of the stairs as I walked into the dorm with tears in my eyes.

*************

"Sup professor." I said as I entered Dumbledore's office for my weekly visit. I'm special like that.

"Good afternoon Miss Potter. How's your day been?" Dumbledore asked politely. I shrugged, feeling sad at the memory of this morning. I had been avoiding Remus all morning, feeling super embarrassed.

"Eh." I replied. Dumbledore nodded, smiling at me but also staring at me in that creepy way. I fidgeted in my seat, feeling uncomfortable.

"You know, avoiding someone is never good for a healthy relationship." I blushed deeply when he said that. How awkward.

"Now, I have some news that I think will cheer you up." Dumbledore said. I smiled and sat up in my chair.

"What news?" I asked anxiously. Dumbledore chuckled and clasped his hands together.

"I have found a descendant." I grinned at there, clapping my hands together excitedly.

"You did?" I asked happily. Dumbledore nodded.

"Yes, I have. Her name is Amelie Chambers. She is a wizard, which is very helpful to us, and she lives in London with her husband and little girl and boy." Dumbledore told me. I nodded, calming myself down enough to sit in my chair.

"How old is she?" I asked.

"She is twenty-five." Dumbledore told me. I nodded, still smiling like an idiot.

"Well this is great." I said, standing up from my chair. I was ready to bolt out of there and celebrate. No more creepy voice in my head!

"Yes but I still have to get her to agree to help us. I have yet to contact her. I thought that you would like to make the visit with me." said Dumbledore, also standing up. I nodded, agreeing.

"Of course." I said, answering his mental question. That's right, I can read minds. Nawh, just kidding.

"After graduation, then, we should see to visiting her and her family." Dumbledore said. I nodded and waved to him before running out of the room.

"Guys! He found her! He found a descendant!" I shouted to my friends who were laughing by the lake. They all turned after hearing me and I almost ran into Sirius, but he quickly steadied me.

"Dumbledore found a descendant of Merlin!" I told them, jumping up and down on the spot. Everyone grinned and got off of the ground to hug me. We hug a lot.

"That's great!" Shelby said happily. I grinned and nodded.

"Yeah!" Peter agreed. He had a weird look on his face, but I quickly forgot about that as I started to tell everyone that her name was Amelie and that she lived in London. I also told them that Dumbledore and I would be visiting her after graduation.

"No more creepy voice in your head, huh?" Remus said, bumping shoulders with me. My eyes widened and I blushed, suddenly feeling very nervous and embarrassed. I'm such a girl. Ick.

"I gotta go see the nurse." I muttered, walking away from Remus with my head down.

"Cassie! Please wait!" Remus called, running after me back towards the school. The others were standing behind us, confused. I paused for a second and was about to turn around and wait when If felt a drop of water on my head. Oh great. Now it's raining.  

"Where did that come from?" Remus muttered. He had managed to keep up with me as I ran from the heavy downpour and inside the castle. Everyone that was outside was running in, too, and soon the corridors were crowded with wet and muddy people. Ew.

"Cassie, why are you avoiding me?" Remus asked, putting his hands on my shoulders so I couldn't run away again. I took in a breath through my nose and exhaled it before replying.

"Because I'm embarrassed." I said quietly. Remus took his hands off my shoulders, shaking his head and smiling.

"You shouldn't be embarrassed." He told me. I didn't answer. Instead, I put one foot in the direction of running away. But Remus, unfortunately this time, has good reflexes.

"Quit running away from your problems!" Remus said, laughing as I squirmed in the hug-hold he had put me in. I didn't answer that either, just squirmed.

"Why are you embarrassed?" Remus asked me, still making sure that I didn't run away.

"Because I asked that stupid question." I answered, grumpily. Remus chuckled.

"It's not funny!" I protested, squirming harder. Remus stopped chuckling and looked down at me, effortlessly keeping me from running away.

"It wasn't a stupid question." He said, ignoring what I had just said. I huffed and stopped squirming.

"Don't lie." I told him. Remus shook his head, turning me around so I could look at him. But he still kept his hands on my shoulders.

"I'm not lying. It was a good question." said Remus. I groaned, just wanting desperately to leave.

"Then why didn't you answer?" I asked him. Remus thought about that for a moment, and yet he still managed to say the wrong thing.

"I wasn't sure what the answer was." I raised my eyebrows at him as he said that.

"You weren't sure? How are you not sure about that! I was right, you don't even want to date me." I said, pushing his hands off of my shoulders. Remus seemed a little shocked at first, so it took a few extra seconds to catch up with me. And again, he made me stop by holding onto my wrists.

"No Cassie. I meant that I wasn't sure what you thought about it. I kind've thought that we were already dating. I didn't know you were confused." Remus said sheepishly. I don't know why, but my temper started to rise at that. I'm emotional.

"How was I supposed to know that! You didn't even ask me!" I exclaimed, pointing an accusing finger at him. Remus jumped backwards a little, not expecting me to be this upset. He put his hands up in defense, but I wasn't done.

"Do you even remember when you asked me out the first time? Or when our first date was? What about when we met?" I asked. Remus was backing away from me now.

"What does that have to do with-" I cut him off, with a loud voice.

"It has everything to do with this!" I said. He stared at me wide eyed as I took in another breath through my nose. And then my rush of anger was gone and I felt even more embarrassed. Merlin... I ran away, quickly wiping away the tears in my eyes. I really should stop running away from my problems.

************

"Cassie?" I heard Lily call. I heard the dorm door squeak open and then make a loud crash as it slammed shut. Then I heard two pairs of feet walking over to my hiding place.

"There you are. We've been looking for you." Shelby smiled. I sniffed, wiping the tears from my eyes.

"Why are you sitting in the bathtub?" Lily asked, curiously as she crouched down next to Shelby. I shrugged and leaned against the side of the tub.

"Why not?" I replied. Lily chuckled and they both stared at me, waiting for me to talk.

"Are you guys waiting for me to start rambling about why I'm crying?" I asked them. They both nodded and I smiled.

"I think I've already rambled enough for one day." I told them. Shelby laughed and handed me a tissue.

"Well good thing Remus told us what happened. Care to add to it?" She said. I squished my cheeks in and out for a while before I finally gave in.

"I went all snotty chick on him! I got all angry over nothing and he didn't even do anything and it's just," I took in a breath before I started rambling, "Ugh!" I ran a hand through my hair, messing it up. But I didn't care.

"Oh come on, every girl does that once in their life." Lily said, putting a comforting hand on my arm.

"Yeah. Plus, you don't want to spend your last two days at Hogwarts crying, do you? McGonnagal's just told us. There is a party!" Shelby said excitedly. I smiled, climbing out of the bathtub.

"You're right. I can resolve my messed up love life after we graduate. Now Lily, I assume you are going to make us pick out outfits?" I asked, jokingly. Lily smirked.

"Already picked them out."

(External Link: Lily's graduation outfit: Turn It Up 

                          Shelby's graduation outfit: Seven Pieces

                          Cassie's graduation outfit: Absorbent

***************

"It's time to party!" Lily grinned, pinning her hair up. I laughed and picked up my heels that Lily was making me wear to the graduation party. Minerva had told the Gryffindor seventh years that there would be a graduation ceremony and party on the last day of school. Tears.

"Do I have to wear these?" I asked Lily, looking at the heels in my hand. She smiled sweetly and nodded.

"They make you look taller." She told me. I rolled my eyes but didn't put them on. I'll put them on after I walk down the stairs.

"Let us go!" Shelby said in a french accent. We all hooked arms and walked out of the dorm and down to the common room, singing "We're Off To See The Wizard." as we walked.

"Greetings."

"Salutations."

"How do you do?"

"Sup." Andy smirked after Remus, James, and Sirius had all greeted us formally. I laughed and bumped shoulders with him. He smiled and bumped me back.

"Be back by midnight." Andy said, suddenly turning serious. I pretended to be mad and groaned.

"Ugh. Fine." I said with an attitude. We both laughed and I hugged him.

"See you tomorrow. We're going home!" I said, kissing his cheek. Andy rolled his eyes at my dramatics and waved as the rest  of us walked out of the Great Hall.

"So who's ready to officially graduate?" James grinned as we all walked down to the Great Hall in a pack. We're like a pack of wolves....I wonder who the alpha would be?

"I'm ready to dance." I said, striking a dance pose and making everyone laugh. I think they would all die from lack of laughter if I weren't here. I'm like laughter glue.

"Okay Cas. Just make sure to save me a dance." Sirius said, putting an arm around my shoulder. I laughed as Shelby rolled her eyes at her boyfriend.

"Why aren't you wearing any shoes?" Remus asked. Lily and Shelby cast me a look, telling me to just forget about my issues for tonight.

"I didn't want to fall down the stairs, again, so I decided to carry them." I answered, not looking directly at Remus. But I did see him nod out of the corner of my eye.

"Wow. They really meant small party." Shelby said with raised eyebrows once we got to the Great Hall. Not that there was a lack of people, they just didn't go all out. Which is understandable, I guess. Either way, it's still a party. And parties are always fun. Well, usually. The last party I went to I sort of died....yeah.

"Who cares?" Lily smiled, arm-in-arm with James. Luckily, we weren't the first ones there. And they had actually gotten a DJ dude so music was playing.

"May I have this dance?" Sirius asked Shelby, bowing. Shelby blushed and took his offered hand.

"Of course." She smiled. Sirius spun her around and they went off to the dance floor to dance as a slow song came on. I saw James turn to Lily to ask the same thing, but she jerked her head in mine and Remus' direction. James nodded and did not ask her to dance.

"Cassie, would you care to dance?" James asked me, smiling. I chuckled and nodded.

"Whatevs." I replied as we began to dance. Remus had politely asked Lily so no one was left out. Wow. I have a feeling tonight is going to be awkward.

"You guys just need to make up and make it official." James teased, shaking his head. I blushed and hit his arm.

"James!" I protested, laughing. He shrugged, smirking down at me.

"It would make it a lot less awkward." James pointed out. I sighed, knowing he was right.

"Yeah, it would. But I went all snotty chick on him. He probably doesn't want to make up anymore." I told him. James rolled his eyes.

"Psh. You guys never stopped liking each other. I don't think you could stop liking each other. You're just too afraid to admit that you still like each other." James said. Of course, I knew he was right. I never stopped liking Remus. Which is odd, depending on I told him to go die in a whole....I'm a horrible person.

"But I told him to go die in a hole, James." I smiled. James laughed.

"So? Lots of people tell other people to go die in holes..." James quickly realized how stupid that sentence sounded and trailed off at the end. I laughed as the song ended and James backed away, bowing. I giggled and curtseyed before he hooked his arm through mine and led me to one of the tables that were off to the edge.

"Thank you sir." I said as he pulled a chair out for me. Sirius and Shelby were laughing at us, as they were already sitting down at the table. Lily and Remus joined us soon after.

"Well that was fun. What now?" Sirius asked impatiently. Remus answered and I jumped a little, forgetting that he was sitting there. I was distracted by the sudden amount of people in the hall.

"Dumbledore'll probably make a speech soon. I think most of the seventh years are here," Remus answered, "Even Snape is here."

"Grease monster!" I shrieked, wide eyed. Lily slapped a hand over my mouth to quiet me.

"Not so loud! He'll hear you." I licked her hand after she said that and she made a disgusted face before wiping her hand on her napkin.

"I haven't really seen him since I became a vampire. I wonder if he remembers me." I smirked. Lily quickly shook her head, but Sirius was quick to call Snape over.

"Snivellous!" Sirius said, waving Snape over to our table. Snape narrowed his eyes at us suspiciously. Lily bravely glared at him as he stood next to our table.

"Hello Snivellous. Having a good evening?" James asked, smirking. Snape glared at him.

"I was." He said, putting emphasis on was. James and Sirius walked over to him, standing on either side of him. They led him over to where I was sitting and I stood up, smiling.

"Hey Snivellous. Remember me?" I said, making a weird face and then I burst out laughing, falling back into my chair. Snape glared at me.

"I thought you were dead." {A/N "I thought you dead, brother!"- Avengers 'Thor' LOL!} said Snape. I shrugged, still giggling quietly. Even Lily was smiling slightly along with Shelby and Remus.

"I was dead. But I came back to life." I nodded, sighing. James and Sirius chuckled at Snape's face.

"How?" He asked. I shrugged and smiled up at him, sweetly.

"I dunno grease monster. Maybe I came back to haunt you because you've been a bad little boy." I told him, glancing at Lily. Snape glanced at Lily too before turning back to me, angry looking.

"You little-" Snape didn't finish his sentence because he reached out to slap me. Actually, he did slap me. But he was pinned against the table before Remus, James, and Sirius could jump up and say "Hey!" Thank you random ninja powers.

"Don't ever slap me. Ever." I said, narrowing my eyes at him as I bent my head down. Snape glared at me and spat. Luckily, he had horrible aim. Otherwise I might've had to take off the heels that I finally put on. I let go of him and backed away, glaring at him. James, Sirius, and Remus were all glaring equally as harsh. Fortunetly, Snape had the sense to leave before something else happened.

"You okay?" Remus was the first to ask me after Snape was gone. I nodded, touching my cheek. It didn't hurt that much.

"Is it red?" I asked, poking it. Shelby, whose eyes were wide as if she was still in shock, nodded.

"Yeah. But I'm sure it will go away." She said, shaking her head. I laughed as Lily copied her.

"Did he really just slap you?" Lily asked in shock. I shrugged and then nodded.

"Think so." I answered, sitting back down in my chair. The boys all copied me, not feeling the need to be all protective anymore. {A/N Winky face. I felt that was needed.}

"Look, Dumbledore's going to say something." James said, pointing up towards the stage where Dumbledore was.

"I just have a few short words and then you may all proceed with your party," Dumbledore started. Everyone clapped and cheered at that but quieted down quickly when Dumbledore raised his hand, "I would like to congratulate you all on graduating from Hogwarts. You all have worked hard to get to this day and I hope that it pays off when you are all out in the real word, getting jobs or starting a family. With that said, I would also encourage you to enjoy your last night at Hogwarts." Once he said that, with a smile, food appeared on all of the table. Just like at dinner but with smaller tables.

"Enjoy!"

**************

Two hours later, the party was slowly winding down with the early risers leaving. Of course, for us the party was still in full swing.

"I love this song!" Lily grinned, talking over the music. We were all dancing in a triangle, cause triangles are classy.

"It's irritating." James said, though he still danced with her. She rolled her eyes and stuck her tongue out at him.

"Who is this anyway?" I asked as Shelby led us back to the table, laughing her head off. She was giggly.

"It's a muggle band. One Direction." Lily answered. I gasped and ran ahead to the table, grabbing Lily's little bag thing. They had gotten to the table by then and I started to hit Lily with her purse thing. I chased her around in a circle, beating her with a purse.

"Ow! What? What's wrong with One Direction?" Lily said as I chased her around. James was trying to separate us but I would occasionally hit him too, making him stop.

"Gotcha!" Sirius said, grabbing me as I walked past him. I yelped and dropped Lily's purse on the ground. Lily narrowed her eyes at me and picked it up, rubbing her arm. James stuck his tongue out at me and gave Lily a hug.

"Can I be free?" I asked Sirius nicely. He looked down at me and I gave him the puppy dog eyes.

"Yes." He said, ruffling my hair. I smacked his hand away, laughing. I sat next to Shelby and kicked off my heels, sitting criss-cross. I know, criss-cross in a dress. It's a longer dress.

"Where'd Remus go?" I asked, realizing he wasn't there. Everyone just shrugged, looking around for him. But our question was very quickly answered as Remus stepped out on stage. My eyes widened and I hurriedly put my heels back on.

"Uh- hey guys." Remus said, waving awkwardly. The crowd waved back, just as awkward. I stood up, with my shoes on now, and began to quietly walk towards the door. The other four followed behind me, asking me where I was going.

"I see you Cassie." Suddenly there was a spotlight on me and the crowd had parted around me so I was singled out. Very singled out. I let out a nervous laugh and looked up at Remus on the stage.

"So Cassie and I had a fight the other day." Remus seemed pretty comfortable on the stage as he talked, mostly to the crowd, "and I assumed something I shouldn't have." Remus paused then, smiling at me and then going back to walking around the stage, talking mainly to the crowd.

"But now Cassie is avoiding me. So I am here to tell her that I'm sorry." Suddenly, Remus was speaking to me. I gulped nervously as he began to walk off the stage, walking towards me as he kept talking.

"I'm sorry that I assumed we were dating. I'm sorry that I ever broke up with you. I'm sorry I yelled you. I'm sorry for ever hurting you, Cassie." Remus had walked through the crowd now and was standing about a foot in front of me. I sort of forgot to breathe for a moment when he was talking....but I started breathing again.

"I don't want to lose you, Cassie. I don't want you to ever leave again. I want you to be right next to me." Remus smiled at me as he talked.

"November 2nd." Remus suddenly said. I raised my eyebrows at him, not sure what that meant.

"That's the day that I first asked you out. And our first date was that nigh at eight o'clock. And September 1st was the day that I met you. I'll never forget that day. The first time that a girl threatened me. The first time I had a crush. And the first time that I found out that my best friend had a beautiful, amazing, sweet, nice, and hilarious little sister.” Remus seemed to lose confidence for a second because he nervously glanced at the people surrounding us and then back at me. I’m sure that my eyes were shining with unshed tears of happiness.

“That girl changed my life forever. Cassie, you’ve made me the man that I am today. You are the reason that I am who I am. If I had never met you, who knows who I would be right now.” Remus paused, probably just to be dramatic. I swear even the birds were being silent right then. The whole hall was holding their breath, waiting for wahtever Remus was going to say next.

“I love you Cassie. And even if you don’t love me back I needed to say that.” Remus blurted out. A quiet “Aww!” went throught he hall and I opened my mouth to say something. But my voice wouldn’t work. I choked on my words and decided to let impulse get the best of me. I leaned in and kissed him, right there in front of almost every seventh year in the school and teachers.

“Did I mention that she smells good?” Remus asked quietly as he pulled away. I blushed and rolled my eyes. Then the whole crowd started to cheer and everyone was saying “Finally!” I swear I looked like a tomato I was blushing so much. James, Lily, Sirius, and Shelby all ran over to us, saying the same thing. They all spoke at once adn I was completely overwhelmed, still not completely comprhending what had just happened. Remus turned to me, ignoring our foru friends next to us.

“So the big question is.” Remus paused, smiling at me, “will you be my girlfriend?”

I knew the answer immediately but I didn’t say it. Why? Don’t ask me. I just couldn’t say it. I couldn’t say yes.

“Cassie, answer the question.” Shelby whispered loudly. I grinned at Remus and nodded. He engolfed me in a hug and I wrapped my arms around his neck, laughing. Remus picked my feet up, carrying me bridal style.

“Remus! You know the rule.” I said. I really didn’t care at all and aparently neither did Remus.

“I don’t give-“ I cut him off with a kiss before he said a bad word.

“Now that that’s over with. Let’s us dance!” Sirius said, grabbing Shelby’s hands. The DJ, of course, had put on a slow song. Lily smiled at Remus and I as I made Remus put me down and then she began to dance with James. Remus was smiley hugely as we began to dance, also. I rested my head on his shoulder as we danced and I whispered something in his ear.

“I love you too.”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.4K 960 17
Anne Harris, Remus Lupin, Sirius Black, James Potter, and Peter Pettigrew, or as they collectively nicknamed themselves as The Marauders, live out th...
863K 20.6K 87
Y/n L/n is starting her first year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. She meets many new friends, but there are 4 people she would call h...
1.9M 70.6K 102
"I solemnly swear that I will get Sirius Black to change his player ways." "There's only one way you can get him to do that." "How?" "You need him to...
149K 4.2K 94
"Thank you." "For what?" "Being there for me." "Like I said, I'll be by your side for eternity." โ€ขMarauders era โ€ขWhen Talea Lupin transferres to Hog...