Dance with Me, Chaton

By ChocoluckChipz

Adrien had always been an obedient son, allowing his Father to manipulate him every which way. Once an adult... More

Miraculouses
Civilian Lives
Patrol
Babysitting
Lost
Lucky Charm
Bad Luck Charm
Homework
A Helping Hand
Disguises
Vigilante
Tears
Hairstyles
Sick Day
Animal Tendencies
Akuma
Oblivio
Ticking Clock
Identity Reveal
Crushes
Rose
True Love's Kiss
Blindsided
Giving up
Hawkmoth's Defeat
Sacrifice
Comfort
Community Service
Kwami Swap
Inspiration

Waiting on You

783 39 33
By ChocoluckChipz

Two blissful years together and Adrien thought there was no way for him to fall more in love with his wife than he'd already been. Yet something so simple and usual as her dancing in the middle of their living room was proving him wrong again as he stood in a doorway, a lopsided smile on his lips. She was beautiful. Hands gracefully gliding through the air, legs barely touching the floor, the curve of her body bending to the sounds of music filling the space. Breathtaking.

Marinette seemed to not have noticed his arrival, but Adrien knew better. He waited for a few seconds and joined her in the routine they'd been working on a couple of weeks already at just the right moment.

"Perfect timing." She smiled, using him as leverage for her next move.

"Sorry I'm late," Adrien whispered, his arms wrapping around her waist, dipping her down and bringing her up. "Mme Lenoir got us held up."

"Oh?" Taking his hand, she twirled to the side. "How is she doing?"

He pulled her back flush against his chest. "She's retiring and selling the studio."

Adrien bent to the side, ready for the next move, but Marinette didn't follow, stalling in her tracks.

"What do you mean she's selling the studio?"

Straightening up, Adrien wrapped his arms around her waist from behind, placing a kiss on Marinette's neck before resting his chin on her shoulder. "I mean exactly what I said. Mme Lenoir decided it's time for her to sell the studio and move to the country with her college sweetheart."

Marinette whipped around to stare at him in shock. "With whom ?"

Adrien chuckled. "What? You didn't think she had it in her at her age?"

She blinked. "No, not that... I just... I've never heard her mentioning anyone special, so I assumed—"

Adrien chuckled. "I know. We all did, but apparently, she's been in love with this mystery man her whole life, and they've been recently reunited. And since both of them are still single, they want to spend the rest of their lives together."

"That's... That's so sweet and sad at the same time."

Adrien leaned down to nuzzle his wife's cheek. "I feel so lucky to have you come into my life earlier than my retirement."

Wrapping her arms around his neck, Marinette pulled Adrien down into a lingering kiss. "We both are lucky. But now—" she pulled back, "—go shower because I will not allow you anywhere near the kitchen in your condition. My dinner deserves better than a sweaty, smelly eater."

Adrien let out a chuckle. "Sorry. Plagg thinks I'm finally ready for the 'next level'. Today was our first session."

"Oh, does he? And does this 'next level' involve buckets of sweat?"

"Until I get used to it, yes, it absolutely does."

Marinette let a smile slip. "You're lucky Plagg prefers to use the studio downstairs these days. I can't imagine it being comfortable to travel across the city in your condition."

"It can't be as bad as you say." Adrien chuckled, leaning closer for a cheek kiss. "You're still in my arms and feeling pretty comfortable I dare to say."

"That's because I love you more than you deserve." Marinette pushed him back with her finger to his chest before untangling herself from his embrace. "Don't take long with the shower. The dinner's been waiting on the stove for a while."

"Your wish is my command," Adrien dramatically bowed down and headed inside the apartment to their bedroom.

Fifteen minutes later he was back, refreshed and ready to indulge in his wife's amazing cooking. "It looks delicious." Adrien sat down in front of a steaming bowl of Cassoulet. "Thank you, Mari. Just what I needed after a long day."

"Enjoy." She smiled, starting on her own portion.

They spent the next half an hour discussing their day and sharing news. Marinette let Adrien in on the details of Kagami's wedding dress that she'd been designing for her. Adrien needed an opinion on the location of Luka's bachelor party because Nino and he couldn't come to an agreement. Then they cooed and gushed over the newest pictures of a baby girl Juleka and Rose had adopted and made plans to catch the newest movie with Nino and Alya next weekend. And it was only after their bowls were empty that Marinette asked:

"So, what do you think of Mme Lenoir selling her studio?"

Adrien shrugged. "What can I think? Looking at it from her point of view, I don't see why she shouldn't."

"But we might lose our perfect practice spot."

"We most likely will," Adrien said. "Believe me, I've been monitoring the market. Most of the places sold in this area in the last six months were converted to either offices or stores. I doubt a dance studio would be any different. It's a nice space in a prestigious location. Companies will fight for it. Companies that aren't interested in running a dance school."

Marinette's eyebrows knitted into a frown. "Bummer."

"Statistics." Taking the bowls from the table, Adrien went to the sink and started washing the dishes.

Quickly cleaning the table, Marinette followed, leaning on a countertop beside Adrien. "You know, I'm impressed."

"By what?"

"You. You haven't proposed to buy it."

Adrien stilled, water running over his hands. "I... Well, to be honest, the thought has crossed my mind, but..."

Marinette quirked an eyebrow. "But?"

Letting a sigh out, he turned the water off. "I don't know. It's complicated."

Marinette passed him a towel to dry his hands. "Then let's elaborate. What are the pros and cons?"

"The price is decent," he said, turning around and leaning on the countertop. "We could easily afford it, but only if we act before she puts it out to the public, which would be in a week. Once it's out, we'll have competition, meaning the price will spike significantly depending on how much the other parties want it. And I'll be honest, if it gets out, there would be a lot of competition."

"But you don't enjoy being pressured into deciding on something so big so quickly, right?"

Adrien nodded. "I don't want to rush into something we might not be ready for. There is a lot more to it than just acquiring a nice property to keep our perfect practice spot."

"And that is?"

"The size for once. Do we really need a whole studio? I mean if it were just a room, like Plagg's or Tikki's, then there would nothing to think about. But it's a whole school."

"There are also students and staff involved."

Adrien nodded. "We have no idea how to run it, and it's not like we can just close it and keep the whole school empty for that one room we need a few times a week. Just doesn't make sense, financially or logically."

"Not that we have time to run it either with Lady Noir keeping us as busy as it is."

Adrien reached out and pulled Marinette close. "And especially not when we're actively trying for a baby. The last thing we need on top of a busy business and a newborn child is a dance school we have neither idea how nor the time to run."

Taking a moment to gaze into his eyes, Marinette smiled. She cradled his jaw, whispering: "But you still want it?"

Adrien groaned, burying his face in the crook of her neck. "I don't even know why."

She hugged him closer, drawing circles on his back.

"The smart choice would be to just forget about it and find another studio close by. Or go to Plagg's or Tikki's."

"Then let's do that," Marinette said. Pulling back, she stood on her tiptoes and kissed his cheek. "I'm sorry things have to change."

Adrien cuddled her closer. "Not all changes are bad. Some of them lead to unexpected treasures. Like you, for example. You've changed my life, but only for the best."

"I can say the same about you," Marinette whispered back. "You're my treasure as well, Adrien."

"I love you." He leaned closer.

"I love you too." She closed the distance between them.

***

It'd been three days. Three days since Adrien had forgotten what a full night of sleep was as he kept tossing and turning until he'd pass out of exhaustion for a few hours at dawn, the damn studio constantly lurking at the back of his mind. They hadn't lost it yet. They might not lose it at all, because no one knew who would buy it and if the new owner would keep it as a dancing school or convert it into something else. Miracles do happen...

He groaned and sat up. Who was he kidding? Their studio was as good as gone.

A hand lightly touched him from behind, the fingers running up and down his back. "Are you alright?"

Adrien turned around, trying to smile. "Yeah. Just need a glass of water. Do you want some?"

Marinette shook her head. "I'm fine."

He stood up. "I'll be back soon. Go back to sleep."

Before he could take a step, though, Marinette propped herself on her elbows and said: "I talked to Tikki... about the studio."

He froze, turning his gaze aside. "I thought we've decided to forget about it?"

"We did," Marinette sighed. "But I couldn't, and I can see neither can you."

"I—"

"You haven't slept the last three nights, Adrien. Don't try to deny it. I know you, and I know that you can't sleep if you're anxious and stressed. And truth be told, I couldn't sleep much either."

Adrien sat back on the bed, scooting closer and reaching for Marinette. Once she was safely cuddled in his arms, he whispered. "I'm sorry. I don't even know why it bothers me so much. It doesn't make sense. We don't need it that much."

She pressed closer, whispering against his skin. "Have you... have you considered that maybe you do need it that much."

Adrien swallowed. "What do you mean?"

"I don't know. I just feel like there is a reason behind this all. If you really didn't need it, you'd let it go, but you can't, even though I see you're trying. That has to mean something."

He tightened his arms around her. "I don't like to rush into decisions."

"You rushed after me; do you regret that?"

"Not for a single moment." He closed his eyes. "But a studio is different. We don't have time for it. I have no idea how to run it. It's going to be too much."

"Adrien, listen." She let her hands draw circles on his back. "We've been discussing hiring help at Lady Noir for a while. What if we hire not just an assistant for you but a skilled professional? What if we could free half of your day?"

He paused, then added: "I still don't know how to run a dance school. I don't have the qualifications."

"But Plagg does."

Adrien drew away. "Plagg?"

She gave him a shy smile. "I've spoken to Tikki tonight. Plagg's been obsessed with the idea of buying it just as much as you, and since he had to earn a Psychology degree and a Dancing diploma to become a Kwami Kave instructor, he knows a thing or two about running a dance studio. You, on the other hand, are great with Business Management. If you two can partner on this, I'm sure you'll make it work."

Adrien stared at his wife almost in shock. "But—"

"We can always sell it if it doesn't work out."

He let a sigh out, reaching for her hand. "I don't want to leave you alone, Marinette. Lady Noir is a handful. And what if we get pregnant? I'd want to be there for you as much as I can."

"I know," Marinette said. "And I love you for being so selfless, but maybe it's time for you to be a little more selfish for once?"

"Mari—"

"It's been months, Adrien," she whispered, looking down. "We can't put our lives on hold for 'what ifs'. If that happens—"

"When," he interrupted, squeezing her hands in his. "Marinette, when we get pregnant, not if . Don't you dare use that vile word in this context."

She smiled at him. " When we get pregnant, you don't have to be by my side 24/7."

"But having a studio to run in addition to Lady Noir —"

"Adrien." She squeezed his hand in hers. "If you really want this, I'm sure you'll be able to divide your time wisely between us all. Some weeks Lady Noir will need you more, others, the studio might be a priority, and there would be days when I'll hoard you all to myself. And that'll be fine. We'll be fine. We'll move with the flow, and we'll make it work. I'll be fine even if you'd want to switch to a studio full time as long as you leave a competent business manager in your place. Honestly. I just want you to be happy and do what makes you happy. But for that to happen, you have to figure out what you want to do for yourself first, and for that to happen, you have to try it."

Adrien lowered his head, nibbling on his lip. It was so tempting. He'd spent the last few days convincing himself he didn't need or want that studio, but...

Marinette cradled his jaw and brought his face up to look at him. "We have a few more days to think this over. Let's go to bed now and tomorrow we'll meet with Plagg and Tikki and discuss this further. Okay?"

With a smile tingling at his lips, he pulled her into a hug, whispering into her hair. "I love you so much."

"I love you, too," she whispered back and brushed her lips against his chest. "Now, go to bed, and dream of all the wonderful things you could do with that studio."

Adrien pulled back, his eyes sparkling. "Like remodelling the whole place before the grand re-opening?"

She quirked an eyebrow.

Adrien lit up. "We could make it way more fun than it is now. Specialized rooms, for example. A ballet room, light and airy, floor to ceiling mirrors and all that stuff, or hip-hop and break-dance room that will look like a club with graffiti on walls and dimmer lighting. Something like that.

"We could also add a little café lounge for the kids to hang out before and after their classes. You know, make it more of a community centre than a school. A Kwami Kave for kids in a way, because obviously, we can't get children in a nightclub, but I think they also need a similar safe refuge. I would've loved one when I was a kid, so maybe we can build a place like this for them? Somewhere they could not only learn how to dance but where they could hang out and talk to people who would care and who would listen and who would help? We could prevent a lot of future problems for them. We can help them before they're in trouble. That'll be awesome, wouldn't it?

"And we'll hire people from the Kwami Kave as instructors. We need teachers who personally know the power of dance and the change it can do in the life of a person."

Marinette muffled a chuckle. "I see you've thought about it a lot more than I've suspected."

He rubbed the back of his neck. "Sorry. I've been trying to convince myself I didn't have either time or abilities to make it a reality, but all these ideas just kept slipping into my head. I just... I don't know. Without you and Plagg and Kwami Kave, I'd be miserable and alone, so this is a way of me paying it forward. Kind of?"

Marinette placed her hand on top of his, squeezing it. "You've got an amazing vision for that place, Adrien. If you decide to go with it, I'll stand by you all the way till the end."

"Thank you," he smiled and pulled her into a kiss. "You have no idea how much I love you right now."

"Why don't you show me then?"

Adrien grinned, watching Marinette's lips curl in a seductive smirk. "With pleasure, my Lady," he whispered and took her in his arms.

***

They met with Plagg and Tikki the next afternoon. A day after that, Plagg and Adrien had visited Mme Lenoir and began the process of purchasing the studio together. Tikki headed the renovation process, transforming an ordinary dance school into the coolest hangout in the area.

A few months after their studio's grand opening, Adrien had hired a permanent replacement for himself at Lady Noir, enrolling back into a university to get the credential for working with troubled youth as he managed the business side of the school. Periodically, he'd also check in on how Lady Noir was doing, pointing out possible issues and giving suggestions, but that was mostly unnecessary because Marinette was taking the industry by its horns and confidently marching to the top, making him extremely proud.

Adrien had finally felt fulfilled, apart from one little thing...

***

Marinette scrunched her nose but didn't open her eyes, quietly whimpering under his touch. Adrien couldn't hold his smile back as he kissed her nose again, nuzzling her cheek right after. She frowned and turned away, mumbling something about decency and early hours and not feeling like it. Adrien leaned closer and peppered an exposed patch of skin on her neck with butterfly kisses. She groaned into the pillow, a moment later turning back to him, cracking her eyes open.

"Good morning, sunshine," Adrien whispered, fishing her hand from under the comforter and showering it with kisses.

Her lips stretched in a lazy, sleepy smile. "Happy birthday, dork. Couldn't wait for me to wake up and give you your present?"

Adrien chuckled. "Not at all, and I do apologize for daring to wake you up, but it's nine o'clock and breakfast I've prepared for us is almost cold."

Marinette blinked. "Adrien, it's your birthday. I should be the one making breakfast for you."

Adrien cuddled closer. "Nah. You looked so tired yesterday, I thought I'd let you sleep in and make breakfast myself."

"Ever so considerate," she chuckled. "But thank you. I did feel unusually exhausted yesterday. Could've slept all day, if I could."

"I'm sure we can squeeze in a few more hours after breakfast," Adrien said. "The party isn't until much later in the day, and it's not like we have to do anything, it being a 'surprise' party from Plagg. So, I say, we deal with the waffles topped with fruit and drizzled with chocolate syrup and head back to bed after."

"I like your way of thinking, Chaton. Give me a moment to get up, and I'll be right there."

Marinette reached to ruffle his hair like she'd done countless times before. Adrien loved it. Her every touch, he adored. He leaned down to capture his wife's lips in a quick kiss before leaving the room to set the table.

When she walked in the kitchen a few minutes later still in her PJs and with minimal effort spent on her hair, he couldn't help but chuckle. But it was the box in her hands and the widest grin on her face that captured his attention the most.

"Happy Birthday!" Marinette said, failing to hide her excitement as she offered him the box wrapped in his favourite colours of black and green with a "Survival Kit" sticker stuck on top.

"Survival Kit?" Adrien quirked an eyebrow, coming closer. "What do I have to survive?"

"You'll see." She put the box in his hands, giving him a quick peck to his cheek. "Go on. Open it. I want to see your reaction."

"Don't mind if I do. I'm curious to see what's inside myself. You know why?"

"Why?"

He gave her a quick peck. "Because my wife gives the best presents ever."

"Flatterer," she grinned. "Just open it. I'm dying from anxiety here."

"I shall save you then." Adrien set the box on the table and started to unwrap it. The paper came off, a simple box appearing underneath, large enough to hold a toaster or a small coffee maker. He reached for the lid, took it off and froze.

Lying on top of all the things he cared not to pay attention to right now was a pregnancy test tied with a bow, two strips in its Results window announcing the news he'd waited for way too long now. Stunned, he reached forward to pick it up.

"Marinette," he whispered, his eyes glued to the stick. "Is this..."

She wrapped her hands around his torso from behind and kissed his back, leaning her head against him. "Yes," she whispered, her voice trembling. "We are finally having a baby."

His breath hitched as he felt his shirt getting wet. He couldn't judge her. Quite the contrary, his own eyes were full of tears already. A year of trying, and they'd finally succeeded. Adrien closed his eyes. So surreal. He could hardly comprehend it. He reached for Marinette's hand and brought it to his lips, kissing it reverently, lavishing it with attention. "Thank you."

"Hey," Marinette teased. "My present is the pregnancy survival kit for future fathers, not the baby. Thank me for this chocolate, for example. You'll have something to throw at me when I'll get all moody. Or this book for new fathers—" She picked up the said item from the box and passed it to Adrien.

"Dude, you are going to be a Dad," Adrien read. "Sounds like something Nino would write."

"I was told it's very helpful and hilarious at the same time." Marinette giggled. "So there. Thank me for that. The baby you'll have to share, so you don't have to thank me for it. And you kind of worked on it as well."

"I know." He swung around and, still sitting on a chair, wrapped his arms around Marinette's middle section. "But I still want to thank you. Without you, it wouldn't be possible."

"I can say the same about you, silly," she said, running her fingers through his hair. "You will be an amazing father, Adrien. Just look at all the work you're doing at your studio with those kids. I couldn't wish for a better father for my children than you."

Overwhelmed, he closed his eyes, tightening his embrace on Marinette and whispering, "I know it's silly, but do you think I can say Hi to our baby?"

"It's not silly. It's sweet." Marinette smiled and tugged her shirt up to bare her stomach. "They wouldn't hear you, though. Not yet."

"It doesn't matter," Adrien said and placed a lingering kiss to her tummy. "Hi, precious," he whispered, nuzzling her skin. "I'm your daddy, and I'll love you forever."

Marinette's fingers brushed through his hair as she smiled at him.

Adrien almost purred from pleasure, closing his eyes, as he kissed his wife's stomach again. "I just wanted to tell you, my little one, that I'll do everything possible to be the best father I can be to you. I'll change your diapers and rock you to sleep. And I'll make your food and feed you, and we'll go to all the playdates and special events and everything else you'll want. I'll keep you safe, and support you in whatever you choose to do, and I'll always have time for you. I promise.

"For now, though, I want you to grow up healthy and strong and not give your mom too much trouble while you're in there, okay? She's the best girl in the world, and you're incredibly lucky to have her as a mother. Pinky swear." His lips touched Marinette's stomach one more time. "I love you, little one, and I can't wait to meet you."

"That was so sweet," Marinette said, her hands continuing to run through his hair. "This baby is very lucky to have you as a father."

Not getting up, Adrien leaned his forehead to Marinette's stomach and closed his eyes. His lips parted as he wanted to tell her how much she meant to him, yet nothing came out. He couldn't find the words. There were too many emotions, too deep of a feeling he experienced to simply put it in words. This amazing woman came into his life and rescued him. She gave him happiness and love. She became his life, his everything and now she was making one more dream of his come true. A family. A loving, caring family. How could he put this all in words? He couldn't.

"Marinette?"

She hummed.

"I know you say I'm smooth with my words and all, but, honestly, I have none right now to tell you just how much I love you and how much you mean to me."

Marinette let her fingers ran along the line of his jaw, a teasing smile on her lips. "That's not an issue at all, Chaton. You were always much better at showing than telling anyway, so I wouldn't mind a demonstration if you can't word it right now."

"Is that so?" He grinned.

"Absolutely."

"Then I'd better not disappoint my Lady."

Adrien stood up, pulling Marinette closer into his arms. Years together, and her kisses, her touches, her very presence still left him breathless every time. How was he surviving this marriage? He didn't know. How he was going to survive her giving him a family was an issue of a whole different level. For another time, though. Right now, he smiled at her, tears threatening to spill over as he leaned down, hoping she'd understand everything he couldn't say in a kiss. "I love you, Marinette."

Her eyes fluttering close, she smiled against his lips. "I love you too, Adrien. More than I can tell."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.7K 260 35
Sophie Foster is wanted for the death of Errol L. Forkle. There are witnesses, and DNA evidence. But... Sophie is innocent. With no one left to belie...
201K 7K 47
Nightmares: a very dangerous group and the worst criminals in the world. They are all feared, but some have secrets as to why they are a part of thos...
13.1K 307 16
We've all heard the stories about Neverland. But what if there was another world, called Dreamland? Located to the second star of the north? Where th...
391K 12.7K 38
Three years ago, Ladybug and Chat Noir defeated Hawk Moth--or so they thought. After getting her heart broken by Adrien, Marinette leaves Paris to go...