PRESSURE

By Nova_Lynnnn

Sabian 'Sire the Don' Savage is in the prime of his career, as his music is reigning on the top of the charts... More

✨ Cast ✨
✨Chapter 1: The Don
✨ Chapter 2: Prancer
✨ Chapter 3: Move me
✨ Chapter 4: Family Feuds
✨ Chapter 5: Making Deals
✨Chapter 6: Man of the Night
✨Chapter 8: New friends, Same family
✨Chapter 9: The Benefits of Friends
✨Chapter 10: Damage Control
✨ Chapter 11: In the Mix
✨Chapter 12: A Dangerous Game
✨Chapter 13: Mo' Problems
✨ Chapter 14: Soul Sisters
✨ Chapter 15: Diss-Appointments
✨Chapter 16: Family Business
✨ Chapter 17: Opportunties
✨ Chapter 18: Need to Know
✨ Chapter 19: On my own
✨Chapter 20: Me and You
✨Chapter 21: Trapped
✨ Chapter 22: Life is good
✨ Chapter 23: Three's Company
✨Chapter 24: Moving On.
✨ Chapter 25: Opening Night
✨Chapter 26: Changes
✨Chapter 27: All Hell Breaks Loose
✨Chapter 28: The Aftermath
✨Chapter 29: Leveling Up
✨Chapter 30: Grand Gestures And New Beginnings
✨Chapter 31: I'd Follow You Anywhere
✨Chapter 32: Family Ties
✨Chapter 33: Happily Ever After
✨Epilogue

✨Chapter 7: Control

7.7K 725 327
By Nova_Lynnnn

Kadence walked through the double doors of the large warehouse that Sabian's driver had been instructed to drop her off, and her eyes immediately grew wide at all of the chaos around her. A whole team of people were running around like chickens with their heads cut off trying to get the the video shoot perfect, or so she assumed.

"Hi excuse me, this is a private shoot." a light skinned woman with a clipboard attached to her hand said stopping Kadence at the door.

"Oh I know, I'm here for the video." Kadence nodded.

"Are you a part of the crew or something?" she asked scanning her eyes over Kadence, who was dressed down in sweats at the request of Sabian who told her she would have a full glam squad on set.

"No I'm actually the dancer, I'm Kadence - nice to meet you." Kadence said holding her hand out for the mystery woman to shake.

"Oh right, well we need to get you to hair and makeup and then to wardrobe" she said turning on her stilettos and heading towards the setup created just for Kadence.

"Okay" Kadence replied, slowly retracting her hanging hand before following the woman who was walking incredibly fast to be wearing six inch heels and not to mention at four in the morning.

"Hey Tisha, I have umm Kennedy here she's the dancer for today, so I need her completely glammed and...."

"Kadence"

"Excuse me?"

"You called me Kennedy my name is Kadence" Kadence noted.

"Oh my apologies - must be how early it is, but as I was saying you'll get your makeup and hair done here and then you'll get dressed and then someone will escort you to set"

"Okay sounds easy enough"

"Good, see you when you're a brand new person," the woman said before turning on her heels and heading in a different direction.

"Sorry about that everyone gets kind of tense around times like these, so I really hope she didn't offend you" Tisha said as Kadence sat down in her chair.

Kadence waved her off, "You're fine, I don't need an explanation. I'm just here to do a job."

"Okay good, so before I start I just want to ask how do you feel about length?"

"Length as in?..." Kadence asked.

"As in a wig would it bother you if I put one on you?"

"No not at all - if it'll help with the ambiance of the video then I'm all for it"

"Okay good, let's get started" Tisha said quickly selecting a wig she thought would look best on Kadence - eventually choosing a curly one to frame her face perfectly.

As Tisha applied the wig to her head Kadence looked around wondering how this big dark warehouse was going to set the mood for Sabian's song or set the mood period. Nothinh about it screamed sexy to her, and she wondered who had chosen the warehouse in the first place.

"This may sound weird but do you have like a sensual playlist so I can get in the correct mindset" Kadence asked.

For her, it was important to give this video everything she had and she knew listening to the same kind of music that embodied Sabian's song would put her in the mindset she desired to be in because the location wasn't doing a very good job of that.

"Of course, here's my phone turn on anything you like." Tisha said handing Kadence her phone with the music app already pulled up.

Kadence quickly put her own playlist together and soon 'Every Kind Of Way' by H.E.R was playing out of the speaker. Kadence was slowly but surely getting in the mood she needed to be in.

"Oh so this the vibes this morning, huh?" Sabian asked coming out of nowhere with two cups of coffee in his hands and a megawatt smile on his face despite the fact that the sun wasn't even up yet.

"Just trying to set the mood." Kadence said making sure not to move her face too much, refusing to ruin all of the hard work Tisha had already put in.

"Cool I brought you some coffee, you drink coffee right?" Sabian asked and Kadence nodded accepting the coffee from him.

"This ones for you Tish" he said handing her the other cup of coffee in his hand.

"Thanks Don" Tisha said taking a long sip from her coffee.

"So did you just come over here to be our delivery boy or did you need something else?" Kadence smirked.

"I also came over here to check on you, I know everything has been going at the speed of light these past three weeks, so I just wanted to make sure you were okay and that everything has been going smooth since you got here."

"I mean, I've never had a call time this early or a call time at all for that matter - but I can roll with the punches, I'm a big girl" she shrugged.

"Okay cool" he nodded, "So did you get a rundown of everything?"

"Yep. Hair, makeup, wardrobe, shoot"

"Look at you, a pro already" Sabian smiled.

"Well I'm working with a big dawg in the industry so I have to make sure I keep up" Kadence said returning the smile.

"There you are, I've been looking all over for you I need you in wardrobe" the same light skinned woman that had escorted Kadence in said startling everybody just a bit.

"Aight I'm coming, see you in a minute Kadence" Sabian replied before following the small woman who was still barking orders as they walked away leaving Kadence to finish getting ready.

"Wow" Kadence said stunned - looking at herself in the full body mirror once everything was complete.

While at first she was very skeptical about the vision they had for her she had to admit that they had done an amazing job.

The black negligee she had on complimented her frame, as well as the makeup that adorned her face that pulled everything together; She normally went for more subtle looks, however the bold eye and lip made her feel extremely sexy.

"Okay, you've got this K." She whispered to herself before heading towards the set - ready to kill it and show everyone what she was made of.

Kadence quickly found the set, a red room decorated with dimmed lights and one lone chair in the middle of the room. Just that fast the energy of the warehouse definitely went from scary to sexy.

"There she is" Sabian beamed, meeting Kadence half way and pulling her over to a group of people. People she assumed was responsible for making the magic that would be Sabian's video.

"Kadence this is Blaze - the director, my boy Cash, and my publicist Tiffany" he pointed to the woman who had been bossing everyone around all morning.

"Yeah the publicist who thinks she's the manager" Cash snickered.

"Screw you. When his manger can't make it, I'm the stand in - but yeah, we've already met so can we start this video?" Tiffany asked not really interested in exchanging pleasantries with this mystery woman Sabian had found off the streets.

"Yeah because I'm ready to see if the dance moves are as fire as the dancer" Cash said eyeing Kadence seductively.

"Down boy" Sabian laughed.

"Yeah playtimes over, Blaze what's the vision?" Tiffany asked earning an eye roll from both Cash and Sabian, and a blank stare from Kadence.

"I need to see what kind of chemistry they have before I make that call." Blaze said sitting in the chair designated for him.

"Don let me get you in the chair, Kadence I want you right there in that corner and when I give you the green light I want you to make your appearance; Got it?"

"Got it." Kadence and Sabian said at the same time before smiling at each other earning an eye roll from Tiffany.

"Okay, places everybody." Blaze instructed, the music playing only a few moments later and a single spotlight being cast on a shirtless Sabian - the only thing on his bare chest being a simple but flashy chain. For the remainder of his outfit, he wore a pair of black balmain jeans with a pair of black Christian louboutin tennis shoes possessing a bright red bottom.

Kadence watched as Sabian executed the first part of his song, lip syncing perfectly to the music playing around and soon after Blaze was giving her the green light to make her appearance and she did.

"Cut" Blaze yelled a minute into Kadence dancing.

"Is something wrong?" Sabian asked taking the words right out of Kadence's mouth.

"No that was almost perfect - but it was too sexy if that makes sense. The chemistry is off the wall so I want to play on intimacy and sensuality, this isn't just sex - get what I'm saying?" Blaze explained.

"Yeah I get it" Kadence nodded.

"Good, let's take it from the top and Kadence don't be afraid to make him submit to you." Blaze said.

The music began to play again and instead of feeling the beat Kadence began to engulf the words, wanting to become one with what Sabian was saying.

Once Blaze gave her the cue, she strutted over to Sabian - slowly and seductively making sure his eyes were locked on hers as he rapped. Kadence wanted to make him want her, she wanted to tease him until he knew he could go no longer without wanting to feel her.

Kadence strategically placed herself on top of Sabian the moment the chorus started, guiding his hands all over her body, wanting to convey the very feeling the artist on the chorus was singing about.

They weren't sure how but Kadence had went from facing him to facing the crew in two seconds with a sexy spin move that only the camera caught and had everyone on edge; Kadence tilted her head back and Sabian bit his lip as she inched closer and closer to his face as if she was about to kiss him, the anticipation really starting to get to him - however before their lips could actually touch Kadence pulled away.

Kadence stood up and Sabian did as well before pulling her back into him and holding her close to him like the song described; The way she spun into him was like something out of dirty dancing but it fit so perfectly, only intensifying their chemistry.

As Sabian's next verse came up Kadence made sure to match every word that came out of his mouth; Dancing around him and making the song come to life and oddly enough it all seemed so natural.

"Cut" Blaze yelled.

"How was that?" Sabian asked as Kadence caught her breath on the side.

"Amazing, we don't even need to reshoot that part, let's get the bedroom scene set up" Blaze yelled before walking away.

"How was I?" Kadence asked Sabian.

"Dope, just like I knew you would be" Sabian smirked.

"Dope isn't even the word you got serious talent baby girl" Cash said earning a toothy smile from Kadence.

"Thank you"

"You need anything before we shoot the next part?" Sabian asked, causing Tiffany's eyebrow to spike up. If their chemistry wasn't already bothering her, Sabian's attentiveness towards Kadence was starting to irk her and she wasn't sure she would last the rest of the shoot.

"No I'm fine" Kadence said.

"What about you Tiff, you good?" Sabian asked looking at her.

"I'm fine too" Tiffany said trying to avoid eye contact with him.

"Okay, places everybody" Blaze shouted, causing everyone to scramble around to get to their places.

"You ready to finish this out strong?" Sabian asked Kadence who was right behind him.

"Let's do it" She nodded just before walking away, allowing Sabian to follow her this time and he was more than glad to.

After another two hours of being at the video shoot, Kadence was finally home and ready to fall out. She had no idea the process would be so tiring, but she had to admit she had fun and she loved the rush of being the star of a music video gave her.

Kadence slept most of the day away, something she hadn't done in a long time but her body was grateful for the rest, and she knew that it was imperative for her to get more sleep or her body would keep crashing on her and that's what she didn't want.

"When did you get up here?" Kadence asked patting Lucy's head as she climbed out of bed, ready to rid herself of the insane amount of hunger she was feeling.

"Hello?" She answered her ringing phone as she rifled through her freezer looking for something to cook.

"How was it!?" Deja asked excitedly and even though Kadence was nowhere near her she knew Deja was smiling so hard that her cheeks were probably hurting.

"It was fun" Kadence replied.

"Come on, I know you can give me more than that" Deja whined.

"Okay it was really fun" Kadence teased.

"You're so lucky, ugh I can't wait for the video to come out"

"Honestly, I'm excited for it too." Kadence said even though she knew the fact that she was half naked and all over a man she barely knew wouldn't sit well with her family, but like her brother said this was her life and she would live it how she wanted to.

"You know we should go out tonight to celebrate this." Deja said and now it was Kadence's turn to smile.

"Now you're talking my language." Kadence smirked.

"I knew you'd be up for it, I get off work in an hour, so I'll call you when I'm on my way to you."

"Cool" Kadence said and after exchanging goodbyes they hung up and Kadence went to get ready for a much needed night out.

Tats on my face played out of the speakers as Kadence and Deja walked through the crowded lounge they settled on - both women ready to let loose and enjoy some time together with no responsibilities to worry about.

"What can I get you ladies to drink tonight?" One of the bottle girls asked coming over to Kadence and Deja's booth.

Before Deja could order for them Kadence held her hand up to stop her, "Give us a bottle of patron,with a lime juice, and a pineapple juice please"

Deja's eyes widened -she knew if Kadence was ordering the whole bottle she planned on drinking the whole bottle and that meant that Kadence had every intention of letting loose tonight.

"Coming right up." The bottle girl said before walking away.

"Thanks beautiful." Kadence called behind her as she watched the curvy woman walk away; Kadence didn't necessarily swing that way, however she was never shy when it came to admiring how beautiful a woman was.

"I guess I should be glad we decided to catch a ride at the last minute." Deja asked.

"Why do you think I suggested it?" Kadence winked.

"I should've known"

"Yes you should have but don't worry I'm going to take good care of you." Kadence said.

"So who else did you meet today?" Deja asked secretly wishing she had been on set with Kadence.

"I met his publicist Tiffany, the creative director Blaze, oh yeah and I met Cash"

"Cash as in the rapper Cash?" Deja asked and Kadence nodded.

"Wow, you're meeting all of the fine rappers and meanwhile I'm still working retail" Deja twisted her mouth.

"Don't worry D, you'll be graduating soon and you're going to be doing exactly what you want to do." Kadence said as the bottle girl sit their order down.

"Shots" Kadence exclaimed as she poured the clear liquor into two clear cups making Deja's a regular shot and hers a double shot.

"Should we do a toast or something?" Deja asked taking the cup from Kadence's hand.

"Sure"

"Okay here's to the insane amount of success you deserve and I know is coming your way very soon" Deja smiled sincerely.

"Thanks bestie and here's to taking you to the top with me" Kadence said before they both downed their shots, each having a different reaction to the bitter liquor. While Kadence held a straight face as if she had just drank water, Deja scrunched her face up as she poured a cup of juice to get the bitter taste out of her mouth.

"So do you think you and Sabian will ever speak again?" Deja asked.

"I doubt it, we didn't exactly decide on being friends." Kadence said and Deja nodded.

"Don't get me wrong, he's a cool guy I'm just not sure we have much in common to carry on a friendship."

"Yeah I ge ...oh my god look who just walked in" Deja said lightly tapping Kadence's arm; Her eyes followed Deja's to the door where she saw one of her many suitors walking through with his group of friends, their eyes instantly meeting each other's.

Kadence licked her lips as she took him in; Amir was fine as hell and he knew it, and that fact was both a turn on and a turn off for Kadence. He nodded what's up to her and she did the same before pouring herself another shot.

"Aren't you going to speak?" Deja asked.

"I'm sure I'll see him before the night is over." Kadence said knowing that Amir wouldn't stay away from her for too long.

"Ladies, I have a complimentary bottle of champagne for you." Their bottle girl said sitting a bottle of Rośe on the table.

"And from who may I ask?" Kadence asked.

"The guy over there" She said pointing right to Amir who had his eyes glued to Kadence.

"Thanks babe." Kadence said putting a fifty in her small bralette.

"No problem" The girl kissed Kadence's cheek before walking away.

"Even women can't get enough of you" Deja shook her head.

Kadence smirked deviously, "Let's go dance"

"Aren't we going to open the bottle?" Deja asked.

"Nope" Kadence laughed before hopping up and pulling Deja along with her.

Donk started playing the minute Kadence and Deja reached the dance floor; The two of them gave each other the same goofy look before twerking just like every other woman in the place but all eyes were on them and no one else.

Kadence was in her own world. While she loved her job, she loved when she was able to just dance for fun and let loose with no one scrutinizing her for being too particular.

It wasn't long before Kadence felt strong hands wrap around her waist, knowing who it was but not caring enough to turn around and confirm it; She just threw her ass back making sure he knew that she could handle him the same way he was handling her.

The DJ went from Donk to Murder she wrote and Kadence continued to dance only slowing down to match the new beat playing.

"Why you teasing me K?" Amir whispered in her ear sending shivers down her spine.

"Tease is my middle name." Kadence said turning around to face Amir who was biting his lip and looking at her through low eyes.

Kadence grinded her front into him as he cupped her ass giving her a feeling only he could, "Why don't we go to the table and enjoy a glass of champagne and catch up."

Kadence looked behind her and saw Deja dancing with some random "Okay, let's go"

"So how've you been?" Amir asked handing Kadence a glass of Rośe.

"I've been great, how have you been?" Kadence asked before taking a sip of her drink, making sure to never break eye contact with him.

"I've been great as well, but you would know that if you hit me up sometimes."

"I would but it's so much better when we meet up like this." Kadence eyed him seductively.

"That's KD for you, always for the chase." Amir chuckled.

"But not for getting caught." She winked.

"I should get back to my people." Amir said not really wanting to go but knowing he should.

"Thanks for the bottle Mir." Kadence smiled before leaning over and placing a small sensual kiss on his lips.

"Find me before you go." Amir said standing up, the bulge in his pants very much noticeable.

"Don't leave before I do." Kadence told him and he nodded before heading back to his friends.

"What was that about it?" Deja asked as she slid in the spot Amir was just keeping warm.

"Oh you know just us being us." Kadence shrugged.

"Ugh why aren't you two together" Deja asked taking the glass from Kadence's hand and taking a sip of the cold champagne.

"Because he's invested into the streets and I'm invested into dance which means we can't be invested into each other and we're fine with that." Kadence rationalized.

"One day you'll settle down and have another love other than dance" Deja said hoping the day was coming sooner than later.

"Yes one day but not today, now let's finish having fun" Kadence said picking up the bottle of patron and pouring some down her throat.

"I'm with it."

"Good because i'm not leaving until we're fucked up" Kadence said refilling both her and Deja's cups.

It was well past five in the morning when Deja and Kadence stumbled into her apartment drunk off their asses and laughing like idiots.

"I'm not moving off this couch until tomorrow night." Deja said falling onto Kadence's sofa.

"I don't want to wake up until Monday" Kadence groaned as she began to stumble towards her room, a knock on her front door, stopping her in the process.

"Don't worry I got it". Kadence said to Deja who was already knocked out sleep.

"I knew you would end up here" Opening her door, she revealed Amir who was staring at her like she was his last meal.

"Don't worry I'll be gone by morning." Amir smirked devilishly, picking Kadence up and carrying her to her room.

Amir kissed every part of Kadence's body as he laid her on her bed - saving her lips for last; He planned on treating her body like the temple it was until it was time for him to leave and that was long before Kadence woke up. However as long as she was awake, she was his and that was enough for the both of them.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

HONESTLY By Sunny Birch

General Fiction

891 2 26
Nicky Peters sets out on an emotional roller coaster when she creates a melody from an old high school journal entry which develops into her debut so...
55.7K 1K 27
He doesn't know how much he's breaking my heart right now. "Trinity, I don't know how to show you how much sorry I am." He states, rubbing his face...
806 21 17
"I'm better than you even when I'm drunk." He drunkenly walked over to me and between my legs, so close that our noses almost touched, "No you cheat...
43.7K 1.3K 43
Book series in order ♥ { • My Brother Bestfriend } { • This Thing Called Life } { • This is Our Life } [ This Thing Called Life is the sequal to My...